Worries

Catfish

Warning: Mentioning of Depression and Suicide. It's probably not that much. just a small mention of it but just incase I warn you.


 

Sanghyuk was lying on his bed with the blanket over his head, while texting. He just couldn’t believe that Hakyeon could think so black and white about his boyfriend. That Hongbin made a mistake once, doesn’t means he will make it twice.

Han Sanghyuk: I hate it so much when Hakyeon-hyung is like that. He doesn’t even give you another chance.
Lee Hongbin: I can understand Hakyeon-hyung a bit though… you know what I did to you. Some people will think that I don't deserve another chance because of that. Although… I do wish it would be alright between Hakyeon-hyung and I, someday.
Han Sanghyuk: I know… I hate it you’re right about this, but still everyone deserves a second chance. I gave you that chance, so why can’t Hakyeon-hyung?
Lee Hongbin: It might take him some more time.. And besides, it took you quite some time too until you forgave me.
Han Sanghyuk: I know… I just hope he will change his mind soon

“Sanghyuk?” Hakyeon said after he knocked on the door. “Can I please come in? I want to talk to you.”

Han Sanghyuk: Be right back. Hakyeon-hyung wants to talk to me.

Lee Hongbin: Okay, I will talk to you later. Love you.

Han Sanghyuk: Love you too. Bye bye.
 

“You can come in.” Sanghyuk said as he placed his phone next to his pillow and sat straight up, his blanket still wrapped around him.

 

The door opened slowly before Hakyeon let himself in. He was looking down at his feet as he walked over to Sanghyuk after he closed the door.

 

“I’m sorry for what I said a few minutes ago…” Hakyeon said as he took a seat next to Sanghyuk on Sanghyuk’s bed. “I shouldn’t had said it…”

“You know that it really hurts hearing you talk about Hongbin like that… You wouldn’t like it either if someone talked like that about the person you love a lot. Would you?”

“No… I wouldn’t like it…”

 

It became quiet in to room. Hakyeon still didn’t look at Sanghyuk. Instead he focused his sight on his feet that he swung up and down. He could feel Sanghyuk’s stare at him, like he is waiting for the older to say something more.

 

“I just…” Hakyeon began after a while. “I just don’t want you to be hurt like that ever again. I saw how broken you were and I thought that you had dropped into a depression… You didn't eat and because of that I was afraid you’d starve yourself and could faint any moment… The day you ran away… I thought… I thought you were about to take your own life…”

 

Sanghyuk could hear a crack in Hakyeon’s voice as he spoke out the last part. Thinking back of his own behavior while dealing with the whole situation, Sanghyuk could understand his hyung a little more. He did worry the older to death, but even so he still wouldn’t accept that Hakyeon said those mean things.

 

“I was just so scared the whole time, but I couldn’t really show it to the others. I’m the oldest, I’m supposed to help my dongsaengs in hard times without breaking down myself…” Hakyeon couldn’t keep his feelings bottled up any longer and began to sniff softly. “The moment you ran away, I was so stressed and worried… The others needed to calm me down… but I worried them a lot… since they thought I was going to have a huge panic attack…”

 

Sanghyuk placed an arm around Hakyeon’s shoulder and pulled him closer to himself while wrapping the blanket around his hyung. He had no idea that Hakyeon was struggling with so much. The others probably didn’t knew it either. Except for Taekwoon, he was most likely to read Hakyeon.

 

“Hyung.” Sanghyuk said softly, but loud enough to get Hakyeon’s attention. “You should speak out how you feel more often. We all are mature enough to help you when things are getting tough for you.”

 

Hakyeon nodded before he wrapped his arms around Sanghyuk and held him close. All Hakyeon needed right now was a hug from the younger.

 

“If you want to… you can invite Hongbin for dinner…” Hakyeon said as he rested his chin on Sanghyuk’s shoulder while still hugging the younger.

“You’re really okay with that?” Sanghyuk asked, he didn't wanted Hakyeon to feel uncomfortable.

“It's okay. He should be joining us, he is family after all.”

 

Sanghyuk smiled when he heard Hakyeon’s words. He was so glad his hyung was willing to give Hongbin another chance.

 

“But.” Hakyeon said as he let go of Sanghyuk and looked him into the eyes. “If he hurts you ever again, I won’t be nice and he should emigrate to another country for his own safety.”

“That won’t happen. So no need to chase him out of the country.” Sanghyuk said and laughed.

“Even if it never happens, make sure he knows about my warning.”

“I will let him know.”

“Good.” Hakyeon said as he stood up and whipped his tears away. “I will be going, I still need to prepare dinner. If you got time, it would be nice if you could help me in the kitchen.”
“Just give me a few minutes and I’ll be in the kitchen to help you soon.”

 

Hakyeon nodded and smiled before he left the room. Sanghyuk picked his phone up and unlocked it before opening the Kakao Talk chat with Hongbin.

 

Han Sanghyuk: You never guess what just happened!
Lee Hongbin: What happened?

Sanghyuk smiled as he saw how fast Hongbin replied. He must had been waiting for the younger to message him after the talk with Hakyeon.

 

Han Sanghyuk: Hakyeon-hyung kind of just broke down and told me how he felt when I was all up-sad… I seriously worried him so much that he thought I was going to take my own life when I ran away… He is just so scared that it would happen again and that I would do really stupid things… That’s why he is like that not wanting to give you another chance…

 

Sanghyuk cursed softly to himself as he accidently pressed on the send button while he was editing the text. Hongbin didn’t knew that Sanghyuk had ran away because of the whole situation, but he knew that Hongbin would be worried when he read it.

 

Lee Hongbin: You ran away?

 

Lee Hongbin: Why have you never told me that?

 

Lee Hongbin: Were you really planning on ending your life?

Those questions came in at the speed of light after Sanghyuk’s message was read. Sanghyuk began to type as soon as he could so Hongbin wouldn’t worry any more than he already did.

Han Sanghyuk: I did ran away… but I didn’t wanted to worry you, that’s why I never told you. Don’t worry, I didn’t plan on doing that, I just wanted to be away from the problems and everyone else. I felt like a bother… but after a while I regretted running away because I worried everyone and it only made me feel more pathetic than I already felt.

Hongbin: Ah… okay… I’m sorry I made you feel that way…

Sanghyuk: How many times do I have to tell you don’t say sorry… I forgive you… Anyways what I was going to say before I accidentally sent that unfinished text message. Hakyeon had changed his mind and told me I should ask you to come since you’re family after all. But there is one condition… he said and I quote his words “If he hurts you ever again, I won’t be nice and he should emigrate to another country for his own safety.” so you have been warned.

Hongbin: Don’t worry I won’t hurt you ever again. I already lost you almost once, I don’t want that to happen again.
Sanghyuk: I told him something along the same lines, but he still insisted to let you know his warning. So yeah… Are you coming over for dinner? I would like that a lot if you do.

Hongbin: Of course I will. I will be there within an hour. I need to finish a few more photos.

Sanghyuk: Okay, I will see you then

Hongbin: See you later love~

 

Sanghyuk smiled as he stood up and put his phone into his pocket before he left the room. He couldn’t wait to see Hongbin. Due to the fact that Hongbin’s career as photographer grew, he barely had any spare time to meet up with Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk understood that Hongbin was really busy, especially after a shoot for an really well known magazine that really helped Hongbin to gain more publicity.

 

“Hongbin-hyung will be here in an hour.” Sanghyuk said as he walked into the kitchen, where Hakyeon was cooking the ground beef while Wonsik was cutting some vegetables.

 

“He still had to edit a few pictures.” Sanghyuk continues as he walked over to the sink to wash his hands. He opened the faucet and wetted his hands before he took the soap and rubbed it over his hands. He then placed the soap back when there was enough soap on his hands and washed the soap off.

“I’m glad he’s coming. We probably finish the spaghetti by the time Hongbin arrives.” Hakyeon said as he flipped the ground beef with a spatula in a pan, making sure it doesn't burn. “You can help Wonsik with cutting the vegetables for the sauce.”

 

Sanghyuk hummed in reply before taking his place at the counter next to Wonsik who was now cutting the tomatoes. Sanghyuk took a cutting board from the kitchen cabinet that was hanging on the wall and a knife from the drawer.

 

“He sure got a lot busier nowadays.” Wonsik said

“He really has… even though I miss going out with him as much like we used to, I’m glad people wants to hire him, since this is what he really wants to do. He really shines when he is taking pictures full with passion.”

“So things are still fine between you even though you don’t see each other that much?”

“We’re more than fine, we talk daily through Kakao Talk and sometimes I go over to his house to keep him company while he is editing. How are things between you and Jaehwan-hyung?”

“It’s okay I guess… it's all still so new to me… and I just…” Wonsik paused as he put his knife down on the cutting board.

“And you what?” Sanghyuk asked as he looked as his hyung.

“Never mind, its nothing…”

“You do know that you can talk to us when something is bothering you. We all are here for you.” Hakyeon said, joining the conversation as he turned the flame lower and walked to the stockroom to get two small cans of tomato paste.

 

“I’m scared…” Wonsik admitted after a while. “Sometimes Jaehwan touches me differently than he usually does. Like for example when we’re cuddling or giving sweet kisses his hands would wander down to my inner thighs or would go under my shirt…”

“Is he going to fast for you?” Sanghyuk asked

“No… Yes… I don’t know… I want to go further but I just can’t… I know he really wants too… Sometimes I force myself to bear it, but I can't help myself and stress out…”

“Does Jaehwan know about this?” Hakyeon said as he walked over to Wonsik, holding the cans of tomato paste in his left hand and placed his right hand on Wonsik’s shoulder. “If not, then you should let him know. Because what you’re doing now is giving him mixed signs and forcing yourself to do things you don’t feel comfortable with isn't good for you.”

“I know… I just got so much on my mind that I don’t even know what I’m doing… I still don’t know if this is really love…”

 

It became quiet for a while until Sanghyuk broke the silence.

 

“Hyung.” He said, getting the attention from Wonsik. “How do you feel when Jaehwan-hyung is with you?”

“I feel this warm feeling and I can’t help but smile whenever he is near…”

“How do you feel when he isn’t around?”

“Empty… like something is missing.”

“And what if Jaehwan-hyung ends with someone else, how would yo-”

“I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to lose him and keep him near me.” Wonsik interrupted Sanghyuk, surprising the others and himself with his sudden straightforward reply.

“Wonsik-ah, I think it's safe to say that you are in love.” Hakyeon said and smile.

“I agree with Hakyeon-hyung.”

 

Wonsik’s cheeks heat up as he realised what he had said and that his friends were right. Maybe it was safe to call the feelings he felt whenever he was with Jaehwan “love”.

“You’re right… It’s safe to call it love. Thank you for helping me realise it.” Wonsik said and smiled. “I will make sure to talk to him about what I just told you, it’s best not to keep things like this hidden.”
“It is… I’m glad you’re going to talk about it with Jaehwan. I’m proud of you Wonsikkie.” Hakyeon said and pulled Wonsik into a hug.


Authors Note: So I haven't really uploaded for a while and I'm sorry for that. Anyways I finally had time to finish this chapter and now I'm uploading it while on my internship xD I'm not really allowed to do this I guess but there wasn't much to do at the moment. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Also my internship will end within 2 weeks, after that I do have some free time but I will also go into my exam periods... so I don't know if I will be able to update more often after my internship. Sorry if there are any spellings mistakes, I will let my beta reader check it all later and probably correct it when I got the time or when I finished the story. Which is in like I guess 2 - 3 chapters I think. Not sure though.