What To Do?

Catfish

The next day Sanghyuk woke up early, jumped out of his bed and rushed into the kitchen. Marshmallow ran after Sanghyuk, following every step he took.

 

“Good morning.” Hakyeon greeted as he heard Sanghyuk entering the kitchen

“Good morning, hyung.” Sanghyuk said. “Is breakfast ready?”

“Almost.” He answered, his back facing Sanghyuk as he continued to prepare the last things of their breakfast

 

Hakyeon placed two bowls of cereal and two empty cups on the table. He then took the water cooker from the kitchen counter and poured the boiling water into the cups. He placed the water cooker back on its place, took two tea bags out a box and placed the teabags on the table. Hakyeon took a seat at the table and took one of the teabag out of its package, dipping it in the hot water that was in his cup. The two talked about their plans for that day. Hakyeon told Sanghyuk that Wonsik would come over to talk about something. Hakyeon didn’t knew what it was. Sanghyuk said he would go shopping with Taekwoon at the pet store, so he could get the things he need for Marshmallow. The youngster told his hyung how sweet Taekwoon was for insisting to pay for everything, even though Sanghyuk never asked for it.

 

When they finished their breakfast, Hakyeon cleaned up the table and Sanghyuk gave Marshmallow a can of tuna flavored cat food which he served on a plate. Yesterday they were only able to get some cat food since the 24-hour supermarket was the only store that was still open late at night. While Marshmallow was eating her food, Sanghyuk helped Hakyeon to dry the dishes.

 

Then the doorbell rang. Sanghyuk rushed to the door and opened it.

 

“Good morning.” Taekwoon greeted before he stepped into the hall

“Good morning, hyung.” Sanghyuk said

“Are you ready to go?”

“I’m almost ready.” Sanghyuk said and put on his shoes

“Good morning, Taekwoon.” Hakyeon greeted as he walked to the door. “Do you want something to drink before you go?”

“Good morning, Hakyeon.” Taekwoon said. “I would love to, but I promised Sanghyuk to pick him up and go straight to the pet store.”

“I see… have fun.” Hakyeon said a bit disappointed

“Don’t be upset. I will visit you soon.”

“Really?” Hakyeon said and smiled

“Hakyeon-hyung, can you look after Marshmallow?” Sanghyuk asked

“Sure, I will.”

“Thank you.”

 

Sanghyuk put on his jacket and said goodbye to his hyung and Marshmallow before he left the apartment with Taekwoon.

 

“So Marshmallow, it’s just you and me.” Hakyeon said. “Want to play? I think I have some wool laying around somewhere.”

 

Marshmallow mewed and happily followed Hakyeon. He had found some wool and let the ball fall a few feet from him as he sat down on the ground. Marshmallow playfully ran behind the ball of wool. She hit it while mewing in delight. Hakyeon looked at the kitten and smiled, he could look at her for hours.

 

Hakyeon didn’t know he had been staring at the kitten for that long until the doorbell rang. Hakyeon stood up and walked to the door. He opened it and greeted Wonsik before letting him in. Wonsik took off his jacket and shoes before he followed Hakyeon into the living room.

 

“Do you want something to drink?” Hakyeon asked

“Yes, please. Do you have Sprite?”

“Of course I have.”

 

Hakyeon then walked into the kitchen, getting some Sprite for Wonsik and a bottle of banana milk for himself. When he came back into the living room, Wonsik had already taken a seat on the couch. Hakyeon placed the drinks on the small table that stood in front of the couch and took a seat next to Wonsik.

 

“So… what is it that you wanted to talk about?” Hakyeon asked and took his bottle of banana milk from the table

“Jaehwan.” Wonsik answered. Hakyeon raised his eyebrows and stabbed the straw through the lid of the bottle

“What about him?”

“Yesterday when we found Sanghyuk, before Jaehwan called… he...” Wonsik had to wait a few seconds before he could continue. “He kissed me.”

“Wait, what? He kissed you?”

“He did.” Wonsik said and sighed. “He was so glad I saw Sanghyuk sitting in that alley, that he held my face and pressed his lips on mine.”

“What happened next? Did you kiss back?”

“No, I didn’t. He soon realized what he did withdrew from the kiss, getting all awkward around me. I don’t know what to do. I thought that he was straight.”

“I see… to be honest, I didn’t knew he had a thing for guys. I have to say that he hid it pretty well.”

“Hyung… this isn’t helping. What should I do?”

“How am I supposed to know that?”

“Please hyung, help me.” Wonsik begged

 

Hakyeon let out a heavy sigh.

 

“Did you like it that Jaehwan kissed you?”

“No. It felt weird to have his soft lips on mine.”

“I see.”

“But…”

“But what?”

“It was kind of exciting. I never kissed a guy before and it kind of made me curious.” Wonsik said softly as he took his glass of Sprite from the table

“Then you should try it.”

“I don’t know hyung. It doesn’t feel right.”

“Then you don’t try it and just let it be.”

“On the other hand, I’m really curious, but I don’t want to hurt his feelings. What if I don’t feel the same?”

“Wonsik, I can’t help you this way. You need to make up your mind. I can’t do that for you.”

 

Wonsik let out a sigh before he gulped down his drink.

 

“I guess that I just need to get this cleared out myself. Thanks for the drink.” Wonsik said and stood up. “I’m going home. I need to do a lot of thinking.”

“Okay. Do know that you can call me whenever there is something that you want to talk about.”

“I know. Thank you.”

 

With that Wonsik left and went to his own apartment.

He plopped down on his bed, burying his face into his pillow as a frustrated groan left his lips. Ever since yesterday, he couldn’t get his mind off from the kiss. Even though he had kissed so many girls, this kiss was totally different. This kiss didn’t had some disgusting lipstick taste and no expensive perfume that smells like toilet freshener. Instead, this kiss made Wonsik feel weird and made his heart speed up.

 

“Then you should try it.” Hakyeon’s words echoed through his mind before his own thoughts and questions filled his mind

 

Should I try?

Or would that be a huge risk?

However, it’s already awkward and it can’t get even more awkward then this, can it?

Why is this so difficult?

I’m not using him if I try to figure out my feelings, right?

No, that would be considered as using someone…

I hate love...

It’s annoying and bothersome…

Okay Wonsik, man up and don’t change the subject.

Should I give it a chance?

I will just do it… Don’t think too much about it and just text him.

 

Wonsik took his phone, unlocked the screen and opened Kakao. He let out a sigh before he typed down his message.

 

Kim Wonsik: Hey, can I come over? I want to talk to you about what happened yesterday.

 

Without thinking Wonsik pressed the send button and waited for Jaehwan to reply. The number next to his message disappeared, meaning that Jaehwan had seen the message. It took a while until Wonsik got a message back.

 

Lee Jaehwan:  Um… hi… About yesterday… I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to make things awkward between us. Are we still friends?

Kim Wonsik: I’m sorry, but I don’t want to discuss this over Kakao.

Lee Jaehwan: Oh…

Kim Wonsik: What time can I come over?

Lee Jaehwan: You can come whenever you want. I got the whole day.

Kim Wonsik: Okay, that’s great. I will be there in 20 minutes

Lee Jaehwan: See you then

 

Wonsik turned his phone on standby. He stood up and walked to the front door to put on his shoes and jacket before he left the apartment.

 

Every step Wonsik took, the more nervous he got. He never felt this nervous, so this feeling was unfamiliar to Wonsik. Normally, the girls and his now ex-girlfriends would have been nervous around him, not the other way around. And this time, it was for a boy instead, which made it even more unfamiliar to him.

 

Wonsik arrived at the apartment building where Jaehwan lived. He walked in towards the elevator, only to find out it was out of order. He let out a deep sigh before he went to the staircase. There, he slowly climbed up the stairs to the 8th floor. He leaned against the wall as he finally reached the right floor, catching his breath. He might be good at sports, but he wasn’t used to take the stairs. Most of his friends lived on the 1st or 2nd floor and Wonsik himself lives on the ground floor, so he never needed to get up multiple stairs to get to a house. When he caught his breath, he continued his way to Jaehwan’s house. He then rang the doorbell and waited for Jaehwan to open the door. Jaehwan opened the door and let Wonsik in.

 

“Do you want something to drink? Coffee, tea, Sprite, orange juice?” Jaehwan asked

“Coffee is fine.” Wonsik answered as he pulled of his shoes

“Okay.” Jaehwan said and walked away to the kitchen

 

The vibe around them was still awkward. Wonsik wondered if it would get worse if they were going to talk.

 

Wonsik walked into the living room. It was a big and colorful room with shelves filled with a lot of stuff and decorations hanging on the wall. The colorfulness really displayed Jaehwan’s personality. Unlike Wonsik’s apartment, which was modern and didn’t had that much stuff nor color. Just simple white, brown, black and red. Wonsik wondered what it would be like if they would move in together. Would it be possible to combine modern and colorfulness together in a room? Wonsik shook his head, he shouldn’t think like that if he wasn’t sure of his own feelings. He took a seat on the bright yellow couch and let out a sigh.

 

“I got your drink.” Jaehwan said and handed the cup of coffee to Wonsik

“Thanks.”

 

Jaehwan took his seat next to Wonsik and they both drunk their drinks in silence.

 

“So um… about yesterday.” Wonsik started

“I’m sorry about that.” Jaehwan apologized. “I shouldn’t have done that.”

“No, you don’t have to apologize.” Wonsik said, looking down at his now empty cup. “I have been thinking a lot lately. Although I haven’t dated a guy before and this all is pretty new to me… I couldn’t get our kiss out of my mind. I might not be 100% sure of my feelings, but I’m willing to try it out and figure out my feelings.”

 

Jaehwan’s eyes widened.

 

“You really mean it?” He asked in disbelieve

“I mean it. I really want to be sure about my feelings and trying seems to be the only way.”

“I see. I guess that from today on, I have to make sure that you will fall in love with me.” Jaehwan said as he pointed his finger at Wonsik

 

Wonsik laughed at his silly boyfriend, who was laughing along while smiling brightly.

 

“Can… can I… can I kiss you?” Jaehwan asked shyly after their laughter died down

“You can…” Wonsik said while his face turned red

 

Jaehwan smiled shyly and slowly leaned in. Placing his hands carefully on Wonsik’s cheeks, he softly pressed his lips on Wonsik’s. This time, Wonsik kissed back, both moving their lips slowly. They broke the kiss after a moment to catch their breath. They looked into each other’s eyes before their lips met again.

 

They spent the rest of the night watching movies, kissing softly from time to time. Jaehwan got too tired after a little while and fell asleep. Wonsik looked at him, smiling as he his fingers through Jaehwan’s hair. Jaehwan looked so peaceful when he was asleep.

 

Maybe, just maybe Wonsik could fall in love with Jaehwan.

 


Autors note: Thank you all for reading and subscribing it means alot to me! Also i'm here to tell you I finished Catfish, I got it all on paper in a notebook but I still need to type over on the computer and change a few things here and there. The number of chapters is know too, the last chapter will be chapter 32. So just 5 chapters to go