Family meeting

Catfish

Sanghyuk walked slowly over the pavement, head hanging low as the tears kept running down his cheeks. He felt so stupid and pathetic. His friends were right, Sanghyuk should had listened to them. Poor Hakyeon who tried to protect his dongsaeng only to get screamed at because Sanghyuk was blinded by love.
 

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't noticed he had arrived in front of a familiar big apartment building. It was a familiar voice that pulled him out of his thoughts.
 

“Sanghyuk? Is that you?” Hakyeon asked as he just walked out, holding an empty shopping bag

“Hyung… I’m sorry.” Sanghyuk said before he began to sob. “I’m so stupid.”
“Hyukkie, what happened?” The older asked and pulled him into a hug

“You were right… Hyeonwoo… catfish.” He said between his sobs

“Oh dear…” Hakyeon said. “Let’s get inside, I’ll make something to drink and then we can talk privately.”
“I would... like that.”

 

The two of them walked into the building, taking the stairs since Hakyeon just lives on the first floor. Hakyeon opened the door for the two of them.

“You can take a seat, I’ll be back with something to drink as soon as I can.” Hakyeon said as he kicked off his shoes
“Okay, thank you.”

Hakyeon walked into the kitchen, looked inside his fridge and saw that all he had left was Sprite. He took the bottle and poured it in two glasses.

“I’m sorry, this is all I have left. I hope you don’t mind it. If you want something else I can ask Taekwoon to get it for you.” Hakyeon said and gave Sanghyuk his drink before taking a seat next to him
“It’s fine, you don’t have to do that.” He answered still sobbing a little

“Hyung…” Sanghyuk said when he was done sobbing, only looking at his glass with Sprite. “I really feel stupid and pathetic, everyone warned me but I just didn't wanted to listen.”
“You were blinded by love. It’s understandable and I’m so sorry that I wasn’t a better hyung to you.”
“Don’t say you’re sorry. I’m the one who should say that. I should have been a better dongsaeng.”

“So what was he really like?” Hakyeon asked carefully
“You already know the person. Our whole group of friends knows him.” Sanghyuk answerd
“I do?”
“Yeah you do…” he let out a sigh before he softly said “It was Hongbin all the time.”
“Wait, what!” Hakyeon looked at him surprised. “Hongbin? Really? Please tell me it’s a misunderstanding”
“I wish it was, but it isn’t…”
“Why did he do this to you?”
“I don't even know, I left before he could explain. I got so mad and upset that I couldn’t see his face anymore without feeling… I don’t know… without feeling those mixed emotions. Hakyeon-hyung, I'm so confused.”
“I can understand that." He said and hugged Sanghyuk carefully.  "I seriously can’t believe it, him hurting you like that. I don’t accept this. We need to call the others for a family meeting.”

Within five minutes Hakyeon had called everyone, ten minutes after the call everyone was in his apartment.
 

“It’s great you all could make it and since we are complete we can start this family meeting.”

“But Hongbin isn’t here.” Wonsik said, noticing the absence of his best friend

“That is because it's about him. I didn't want to invite him.” Hakyeon answered

“Isn’t that unfair?”

“Maybe a little, but Sanghyuk doesn’t want to see him.” Hakyeon told the other. Wonsik opened his mouth to say something but Hakyeon interrupted. “Before you ask, I will explain.”
 

After that Wonsik didn’t say anything else and let his Hyung tell the reason of this family meeting. Sanghyuk just sat there in silence, only nodding along as Hakyeon did the talking.
 

“So, you’re saying that it was Hongbin? Why would he do that?” Wonsik asked
“We don’t know.”
“This totally makes no sense. When I talked to him he told me that he was feeling down because Sanghyuk was dating “Hyeonwoo”. I don’t understand it. Oh, it makes me so mad that he did this to Sanghyuk and that he lied to me. I always told him everything.”

“Calm down, Wonsik, getting all mad isn’t going to work.” Taekwoon said and placed a hand on Wonsik’s shoulder

“You're telling me to calm down? I can feel the heat of your boiling blood over here, hyung…” Wonsik mumbled

“So, what are we going to do now?” Jaehwan asked
“For now, I’ll let Sanghyuk stay at my apartment for a while.” Hakyeon answered and pulled Sanghyuk into a hug. “I need to make sure that he is okay, I don’t want him to be alone when he’s upset.”

“And what about Hongbin?” Jaehwan asked
“We will let him be. What he did is just unforgivable.”

Jaehwan looked at everyone, waiting for one of them to protest but no one did. They all were to angry and Jaehwan hates it, since it’s tearing their group apart. He hates it that Hongbin wasn’t given a chance to explain himself. Jaehwan always believes that there is a reason for people their actions and he is a person that gives second chances.

 

“Okay, so we know what to do, but why did you asked us to bring food?” Wonsik asked

“That’s because I have no food and didn’t want you all to suffer because you’re hungry.”

“Typically Hakyeon. You should had go to the supermarket sooner.”

“I know.”

“You all can go shopping together… I will just stay here... I think some alone time will be nice…” Sanghyuk spoke for the first time ever since his friends arrived at Hakyeon’s apartment

“You sure?” Hakyeon asked “I don’t like the idea of you being here alone while this all just happened.”

“I’m sure hyung. I’ll be okay.”

“Oh, okay…” Hakyeon said and looked at Taekwoon, who gave him a nod saying that it’s alright. “If you think that’s best, we will let you have your alone time. But be sure to call me when something is wrong, okay?”

“I will, don’t worry.”

Sanghyuk left to the guest room, while the others left the house. Hakyeon and Taekwoon were going to the mall and Wonsik tagged along so he could buy some chewing gum. It was a strange habit he has when he’s angry. Jaehwan on the other hand told them he had some other things he needed to take care of and went to his own house.

When he arrived at home, he texted Hongbin.

Lee Jaehwan: Hi, do you have some time tomorrow? I want to talk to you

Jaehwan pressed the send button and soon received a reply

Lee Hongbin: Hyung…? I'm so glad you still want to talk to me… I messed up so badly…
Lee Jaehwan: I know, that’s why I want to talk. Can I come over?
Lee Hongbin: Sure
Lee Jaehwan: Okay good, see you tomorrow~
Lee Hongbin: Bye bye

Jaehwan put his phone away before he took his One Piece manga he was reading from the table and continued to read.
 

The next day would be a big day, hopefully one of answers. Maybe Jaehwan could give some advice and find a solution for the whole problem.

 


Authors Note: Today (6 December) was my birthday so I couldn't upload it all day, but now I got the time! I hope you like it!