Let Me Love Someone For Once

Catfish

Day after day passed by and Sanghyuk still haven't turned his phone on. He feared Hyeonwoo's reply so much. Most people would say that he's overreacting about the situation but Sanghyuk disagrees with that. He would rather run away from it instead of facing rejection and because of that stubbornness he was now sitting around the table with his friends in his own apartment.
 

His friends woke him up at eleven in the morning. Well it was mostly Hakyeon who was knocking at his door and screaming his name because it took Sanghyuk too long before he opened the door. It wasn't that much of a surprise that he had been moody since 11am. But no one would like it to wake up like that. When Sanghyuk has opened the door Hakyeon was to first to go in side, followed by the others, leaving a confused Sanghyuk behind. He blinked a few times in confusion before he closed the door and followed his friends and took a seat at the small table.

 

"Sanghyuk." Hakyeon said, sounding like a mother about to scold her child. "Why aren't you answering my calls, texts and Facebook messages?"

"I lost my phone." He lied, he didn't want to tell the real reason

"What about your laptop?"

"It has a virus."

 

Hakyeon kept asking questions, the others joining in from time to time. Except for Jaehwan, who was mostly on his side, telling the others to let it be. More time passed and only Jaehwan, Hakyeon, Wonsik and Sanghyuk were sitting at the table. Taekwoon was in the kitchen, getting himself some coffee while Hongbin was cleaning up the living room. The room had become a mess in the few days that passed after Sanghyuk has cleaned it.

 

"I found your phone." Hongbin said after a while, no getting all the attention of the others 

"Turn it on." Wonsik said "Maybe the battery isn't dead yet."

"Don't." Sanghyuk said, his voice sounds harsher than he wanted.

"Why not?" Hakyeon asked "Did something happen?"

"I... I..." Sanghyuk tried to find the right words to say, fully aware that Hakyeon would freak out.

"Just let him be. We don't have to know everything." Jaehwan said

"You know what's wrong, don't you? If not, you wouldn't have been defending him like this."

"But we are his friends so we got the right to know. So please Sanghyuk tell us what's wrong, maybe we can help you." Wonsik said, Sanghyuk let out a sigh

"I confessed."

"Confessed to who?" Hongbin asked with a kind of emotionless tone in his voice.

"I confessed to Hyeonwoo..."

"So that means you're gay?" Wonsik asked, getting hit on the head by Jaehwan because of his stupid and obvious question. "ow..."

"I don't know..."

"You just said you confessed to a guy, but you don't know if you're gay. This is confusing, how can you not know if you're gay or strai- ow.." He got hit by Jaehwan again

"don't say things like that." Jaehwan told him.

 

"Do you already got a reply?" Hakyeon asked after he had let out a sigh

"I don't know... I'm afraid of rejection..."

"I see.." It was clear he didn't liked it at all.

"Hyung, are you okay?"

"I just can't believe you really fell in love with him. I told you to break the contact with him, but yet you kept on chatting with him and now you even fell in love. What if he is a catfish?"

"I don't believe he is. He is real, I know it."

"How do you know that so sure? You haven't even seen a single picture of him nor did you hear his voice. Seriously Sanghyukkie, how can you be so naive?" Hakyeon's voice raised by every word that came out of his mouth.

"I'm not being naive. You're just worrying too much. Just let me be in love for once!"

 

At that moment Taekwoon came back into the room with six cups of coffee and some biscuits he had found in the stockroom. After the outburst of both males it became quiet for a while.

 

"I'm not thirsty." Hongbin said, he placed Sanghyuk's phone on the table before he left the room

"Where are you going?" Jaehwan asked, but only got answered by the sound of the front door being slammed shut.

"I'll talk to him." Wonsik said and stood up, leaving Sanghyuk's apartment as well.

 

Wonsik rushed down the staircase, spotting his friend sitting outside on the tiny stairs that was in front of the entrance of the apartment complex.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" Wonsik asked as he took a seat next to his friend

"I'm fine, you can just go back." Hongbin said annoyed and with a sad tone in his voice.

"You know you can always tell me everything. We are best friends, so if there is anything I can help you with then I will do anything to help, just like that time you helped me when I was down when I just found out my now ex-girlfriend cheated on me. You did so much to try and make me feel better, even though you failed most of the time only making me more annoyed and mad then I already was." Wonsik said, letting out a laugh as he recalls the memory. "But still you were there for me, no matter how much I yelled and cursed at you, no matter how many times you got hit in the face with a pillow. You still were there to help me. So please let me be that kind of friend too."

"You don't have to worry that much. It's just that I couldn't take the fighting. You see I got a lot of stress lately because of all the work I got as a photographer and all the homework I got. Sometimes it's just hard to combine those two things together."

"I can imagine that. You have more deadlines then the rest of us. If you ever need help with homework or something you can always call me, even if it's in the middle of the night."

"Thanks." Hongbin said and flashed a small smile to his friend. "Wonsik... can you tell the others I already went back home? I still got some pictures to edit."  

"I'll let them know." Wonsik said and smiled "Oh by the way, do you want me to drop by tonight? Some new albums has arrived in my fathers store and guess what that guy you're fan of...  Park..."

"Park Hyo Shin."

"Yeah that guy. My father got his newest album for sell as well. If you want to I can get you one."

"Really? You can do that?" Wonsik just nodded "But is your father okay with it?"

"Yeah he is. He is kind of used to it by now, that I give albums to friends for free. I mean every time Girls Generation releases a new album, Hakyeon-hyung begs me to get him an album. One time Hakyeon-hyung even asked my father if he could get that real life size carton Seohyun after the promotion was over. Believe me he is used to quite a lot, plus your fanboying is nothing compared to Hakyeon-hyung his fanboying over Girls Generation."

"Ah I see. Wait... did Hakyeon-hyung really asked your father that? So that's how he got it."

"Yeah. But at least he didnt steal it. My dad used to place those carton idols outside but some fans stole them. He desided to place them insie the store after he busted a fan kidnapping a carton Jackson."

"Seriously? They stole it?" Hongbin said letting out a laugh. he couldnt believe someone would do that

"Yeah, they really did."

 

The two continued talking for a little while until Hongbin said he really had to go. They both said each other goodbye before they went their own way.


Authors Note: I'm sooooo sorry I'm so late with updating... I was busy with school and I had a writers block... (this is actully version B of this chapter since I disliked how it turned out at first...) Anyways I hopt I'll be able to update soon but I can't promise. I'll do my best! Also thanks sooo much for the comments, subscribtions and upfotes!!! It's means alot to me~