Bottled Up Feelings

Catfish

“What are you doing here?” Sanghyuk asked again when Hongbin didn’t reply. He also didn’t give an answer this time. “I asked you what you are doing here.”

“Sanghyuk, I’m here for Hakyeon.”

“And I told him that I don’t want him in my house, but he won’t leave.” Hakyeon said. He really didn’t want to get in an argument with Sanghyuk, because he already broke the promise that Sanghyuk would never see Hongbin again.

 

It was quiet for a while until Sanghyuk broke the silence.

 

“Hongbin, get out.” He said coldly. “Wasn’t I clear enough when I told you I don’t want to see your face ever again? Do you want me to spell it out for you?”

 

Hongbin looked down at his feet and nodded before he left the apartment, he knew it was pointless to stay anyways.

 

“I’m sorry about that.” Hakyeon said as he looked at Sanghyuk with concern

“It’s fine, it’s not your fault that this happened.” Sanghyuk said. “I will go to my room for now, I need some time alone.”

 

Sanghyuk then turned around and walked to his room. Hakyeon watched him and continued to stare at the door for a while. Then he realized that Hongbin probably would visit Taekwoon or Jaehwan next, since Hongbin already visited Wonsik and himself. Just thinking about it make adrenaline rush through his veins as he began to panic. He quickly took his phone and called Taekwoon.

 

“Hello.” Taekwoon said as he answered the phone

“Taekwoon, this is terrible! Hongbin was here and Sanghyuk saw him and now he is upset and wants to be alone again and I’m also calling to warn you Hongbin might be planning to talk to you too.” Hakyeon said really fast due to his panic

“He already did.” Taekwoon said calmly, which made Hakyeon confused.

“What?” the elder asked

“He already talked to me and it wouldn’t surprise me if he talked to Jaehwan as well.”

“What?” Hakyeon repeated. “Why didn’t you tell me this sooner?”

“He wants to set things right and I want to let him at least try. The reason why I didn’t said a thing about it is because you would only make it harder for him.”

“So you already forgave him?”

“I never said I did. I might not be as angry I was a month ago, but I’m still disappointed in him for the things he has done.”

“Seriously, sometimes I don’t understand you at all.” Hakyeon said and let out a deep sigh. “So, what should I do now with Sanghyuk?”

“You should let him be, don’t push him too much and give him some time. Sanghyuk will come to you when he needs something.”

“I know that’s for the best, but you know hard that task will be for me, especially when I hear him cry.”

“I know, but I believe that you can do it.”

“Thanks, but still… can you please come over?”

“I will. Just give me ten minutes, I’ll be there soon.”

“Okay, see you later.”

“See you soon, bye.” with that, Taekwoon ended the call

 

Hakyeon waited patiently for Taekwoon to arrive. He was the only friend who was able to really calm him down whenever he had worries or anxiety. Hakyeon is really glad to have a friend like Taekwoon, since they both care for each other and help each other out when needed. Hakyeon would be lying if he said that seeing Hongbin and the effect that Hongbin had on Sanghyuk didn’t had any effect on Hakyeon himself.

 

There was a knock on the door. Hakyeon rushed towards it, thinking it was Hongbin again, and opened the door a little. When he saw that it was Taekwoon, he opened the door widely and let the other in. Taekwoon hugged Hakyeon when he just took one step into the apartment. They never really needed words to tell each other how they feel. They both know whenever the other is upset or not.

 

“Thanks.” Hakyeon said when they let go of each other. “I really needed that.”

 

Taekwoon gave him a small smile before he looked at the door of Sanghyuk’s room.

 

“How is he doing?”

“He hasn’t left his room and he started crying again. I feel so sorry for him.”

“Just give him some time, he will be fine.” Taekwoon said and Hakyeon nodded. “And you? How are you feeling?”

“I feel terrible, I hate it that I can’t help him and hearing him cry like that makes me want to cry as well.” Hakyeon answered

“You know that if you want to cry, you can cry. You shouldn’t bottle everything up.”

“I know, but I can’t cry. I have to stay strong for Sanghyuk.”

“It’s okay, I’m here. I will stay strong for the both of you.” Taekwoon said, the words he said reached Hakyeon’s heart. Taekwoon could be so sweet and caring.

 

Tears rolled down Hakyeon’s cheeks as he let go of the sad feelings he had bottled up the past month.

 

“You have been strong for too long.” Taekwoon said as he held Hakyeon in his arms and Hakyeon’s back in a calming way with his hand.

 

“Do you want something to drink?” Taekwoon asked when Hakyeon had calmed down

“Yes, please.” Hakyeon answered

 

Taekwoon nodded. He petted Hakyeon’s hair before he walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. He looked through all the food and drinks until he found a dozen of familiar bottles of Hakyeon’s favorite brand of banana milk. He took one of the bottles out of the fridge before closing it and walked back to the living room. Hakyeon had taken a seat on the couch. Taekwoon walked towards him and handed Hakyeon the bottle of banana milk before he took a seat next to his friend.

 

“Thank you.” Hakyeon said when he stabbed the straw into the bottle

 

I became quiet for a while until Taekwoon broke the silence.

 

“I can understand that since you’re the oldest of the group, you got a feeling that you can’t cry and always have to stay strong for the others, but you should know that I’m here too. I’m just a few months younger, so please don’t hide it for me too when you’re upset. I want to be there for you and help you. I don’t want you to suffer from all the worries and anxiety you bottle up for who knows how long.”

“Thank you. I will let you know from now on.”

 


Authors Note: OMG I REACHED 100 SUBSCRIBERS!! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH THIS MEANS ALOT TO ME! I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH! I NEVER TOUGHT THIS FANFIC WOULD REACH 100 SUBSCRIBES!!