You're Impossible

Fated To You

When they had first approached the largest door at the end of the hall on the 8th floor of the palace, Luhan had no idea what to expect. There were a lot of things you could figure out about a person from their room. But for a royal prince? Luhan had no clue.

"If you two need anything, call for assisstance through the intercom. There will be guards outside your room so don't hesitate to notify them if something happens." The maid tells them with concern, before respectfully bowing and walking back into the hall. Luhan gave her a curt smile before turning his attention to the polished wooden doors. With it's taller length and detailed carvings, it definitely had to be the prince's room.

"So.."

"Don't say anything." Sehun says as he casually pulls open the door and enters his bedroom. Luhan quickly followed after but was only able to walk 2 feet in. From the crystal chandelier to the carefully hand-woven rugs, Luhan only awed at the beauty of the room. Compared to his own apartment, just Sehun's bedroom was nearly 15 times larger. In fact, it probably wasn't just a bedroom, but also a closet and living room. Luhan's eyes scanned over the beautiful furniture perfectly arranged within the unlimited amount of space. Each detail was so simple, yet extravagant. Very fitting for a prince.

Luhan slowly walked in, following Sehun as he took a seat on one of the luxurious sofas. His was literally sitting on a cloud in heaven.

"This-"

"It's not really my style but Halmeoni insisted to keep the furniture more traditional." Sehun tells him with a frown and Luhan just looked the him as if he was crazy. He was definitely a spoiled brat.

"Well, I think it's lovely." Luhan says, allowing himself to completely sink into his seat. Sehun rolled his eyes, quickly getting bored of the situation. There was simply nothing to do in his room.

"Is that real?!" Luhan exclaims in wonder as he notices an ancient vase placed on a pedestal near the other end of the room. He had always been fascinated by history and old artifacts, which had mostly been donated to the royal family as gifts and payment.

"Yes." Sehun replies, showing absolutely no interest in the priceless object.

"Wow..this is probably older than my great, great, great, great, great-"

"I get it." Sehun cuts Luhan off but the older boy just continues to observe the details fine China vase before walking to another area.

Luhan bursts out in laughter, catching Sehun's attention. "What?"

"I-Is that you?" He manages to say as he looks at the portrait hung up on the wall. It had been a present from the old palace artist's son, Kris Wu, who had just recently become a palace artist, following his father's footsteps.

"Maybe." Sehun reminds himself to have the painting removed. He never liked it anyway.

"It's pretty accurate. Except you look a bit more handsome...in the painting." Luhan teases and Sehun scowls.

"I'll have you know that I've been voted the most handsome man in Korea by 12 countries." He brags to the older male, who was now able to control his giggling, with confidence.

"I heard it was only 5 countries.." Luhan recalls with a innocent smile and Sehun glares at him, still seated at the sofa. Luhan smirked at him before wandering elsewhere.

"No. It was 12." Sehun states more firmly but Luhan doesn't seem to hear him. He turns to face another set of wooden doors, causing him to furrow his eye brows. He still hadn't figured out anything about the ignorant boy, other than the fact that he was considered extremely handsome by "12 other countries". Luhan wanted to know more about his personality, who he was, what he liked or enjoyed doing during his free time. He wanted to find out and understand his past and how he grew up. With the wedding now postponed, it was the perfect time to get to know the young prince better. He had known the other male for less than 5 hours and yet, Luhan wanted Sehun to at least be comfortable around him.

"Is this your bedroom?" Luhan looks over to Sehun, who quicly gets up from his seat.

"Yah! Don't go in-" Sehun calls out but Luhan, being the curious and rebellious person he was, pushed down the handle and pulled the door open. The first thing he noticed was the queen sized bed in the middle of the room.  Not a wrinkle or crease on the surface of the cream colored sheets.

"..there." Sehun finished his sentence as he stood at the entrance of his room. Luhan hadn't bothered to wait for his permission and already invited himself in.

"It's alot less..fancy than furniture outside..." Luhan commented with a satisfied nod. The bed had a full dark wooden headboard with nightstands on each side. He looked over at the bookshelves on one side of the wall, fascinated by the amounts of books neatly placed inside.

So he likes to read books.

"Don't you have any respect for privacy?" Sehun asks, quite upset that Luhan was currently in his private bedroom. Luhan was the first person to enter this confined space. Even Halmeoni hadn't stepped foot in the room, and yet here Luhan was, making himself so comfortable and at home.

"Sometimes." Luhan says casually, not really paying attention to the prince as he walked over to the enormous windows. The silk curtains were drawn, preventing the light from entering. Considering that they were on the 8th floor of the palace, the view from the room had to be breathtaking. Luhan gently brushed the heavy cloth to one side, allowing a few rays of light to peek in.

"This is amazing.." Luhan softly spoke, completely captivated by the sight. He could see past the palace garden, past the gate entrance and over every shop in town. The roofs of each building seemed endless and eventually Luhan could see the tall mountains from which the train traveled in and out of town through.

"Keep looking and you might see China." Sehun teases the older boy lost in appreciation of the beautiful kingdom. It wasn't everyday that you'd get to see the town from above, especially from the royal prince's room.

Sehun expected Luhan to make some sort of comeback at his comment but he simply continued to enjoy the view. There was a hint of longing and sadness in Luhan's stare but Sehun shook it off. He swiftly took long strides until he stood beside the other male and pulled the curtains shut, breaking Luhan from his trance.

"Let's not stay in here any longer. You would probably stand there all day." He says before walking back to the bedroom doors. Luhan silently agreed and followed behind Sehun's tall figure as they reentered the "living room"..

"So what are we going to do now? Who knows how long we'll be staying here.." Luhan looks around the quiet room once more before turning to Sehun. "And my clothes are getting quite suffocating. It be a shame to ruin such a fine suit.."

Luhan carefully took off the blazer and gently placed it on the sofa before loosening his tie and slightly ing his shirt.

"Whatever you do, don't disturb me. I'm going to rest." Sehun states with a tired sigh and heads back into master bedroom.

"No way." Luhan frowns and pulls Sehun's arm, causing him to stop in his tracks.

"What?" Sehun asks, annoyed that Luhan was holding him back from getting more sleep.

"We should talk." Luhan suggests and Sehun just blankly stares at him from the sound of the idea.

"Talk? What is there to talk about?"

"I don't know..just get to know each other better.." Luhan says with a small smile and shrugs his shoulders. Sehun raises his eyebrow and observes the shorter boy, failing to understand what he was trying to get at. Why would Luhan want to get to know him? Sehun certainly didn't want to know Luhan better. In fact, he'd prefer to know less about the mysterious and annoying flawless boy from China.

"Uh..no thanks." Sehun turns away from Luhan but there was another tug at his arm. Again, Sehun turns around to face the boy with an annoyed expression.

"Why not? We should be friends!" Luhan says with a smile, one almost too innocent for Sehun's liking.

"Friends?" Sehun repeats and Luhan nods.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but I have no intention of 'getting to know you better' or being 'friends' with you."

"Well..why not?" Luhan asks with a pout and Sehun narrows his eyes.

"Because I don't want to."

"That's a childish reason." Luhan tells him.

"Well, I'm the royal prince so I can do whatever the hell I want." Sehun argues.

"That's not a very logical reason either."

"You're not a very good reason." Sehun says, not even knowing what that meant.

"That doesn't make sense." Luhan states, clearly confused.

"You don't make sense." Sehun mentally slapped himself for having such a stupid conversation with the other boy.
Any longer with him and he felt like he'd go insane. Luhan's stupidity must have been getting to his head.

There was a moment of silence between the two before Luhan spoke again.

"So...friends?" His eyes sparkled with hope. Why was he so persistent?

"You're impossible." There was no way we are going to be friends.

 

-----

I apologize for this terrible chapter >__<"

I have a lot planned for the story but I'm having a hard time writing each chapter. I hope you guys can forgive me for my crappy writing Dx

Anyways, leave a comment and let me know what you think so far <3 I'll really need the motivation of your comments to help me write better chapters ^.^ <3 

Thank you for reading and supporting this story! Love you guys <3 <3