Kitchen Conversations

Fated To You

"Why did you say that?!" Luhan exclaims. The heat in his face still hadn't left him yet and he was beginning to feel suffocated in such the huge halls.

After Sehun's sudden declaration, the two boys were told to be excused from the office. It was the first time any news about who the prince's bride was and this time, Sehun had straight out confirmed their mariage. In front of all the neighboring countries' representatives. Luhan didn't know what had happened or what was going to happen but they both knew it wasn't the right time to ask if they could go out to town.

"What? It's not like I lied. I only spoke of the truth that they were dying to hear." Sehun says, walking casually beside the shorter male with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He had also surprised himself with his own words but they flowed out before he could even stop himself.

"Because!...I thought you were against the marriage." Luhan says, still confused by Sehun's actions.

"I still am."

"Then why?"

"Because..." Sehun drifted off. He knew why he had done it. But it wasn't something he wanted to admit to Luhan. It would be too embarrassing.

"But you didn't have to say that I was your...y-you know! Now we definitely can't call off the marriage." Luhan groaned and frowned at the thought of having to stay with the jerk prince.

"You already said it would be impossible. What's the big deal?" Sehun states and Luhan stares at him with shocked wide eyes.

"What's the big deal?! Says the one who doesn't even want to breathe the same air as me." Luhan shook his head. He didn't understand the younger boy.

"Whatever. What should we do now?"

Luhan stops in his tracks with a bright smile before turning to Sehun. "Where is the palace kitchen?"

--

"This place is just amazing! I've never seen anything like it." Kyungsoo awes at the sparkling countertops and brand new cutlery. It was even better than his dream kitchen. The one at his restaurant couldn't even compare to the beauty of the palace's.

"I'm glad you like it! I could ask if you could work here-"

"No no no! I can't. Luhan and I have our own business to run. I'm not even a fully trained chef." Kyungsoo refuses with a blush on his cheeks. Jongin and he were currently in the empty palace kitchen, the second stop of their tour. Though rather than enjoying the tour, the doe-eyed boy seemed to be enjoying the younger's company. Jongin laughed and his eyes squinted, giving Kyungsoo tiny butterflies in his stomach. Wah...he's so handsome..

"It's completely fine! You were the owner of one of the restuarants supplying for the wedding, right?" Jongin asks and Kyungsoo hesitantly nods.

"Yeah..it took forever to get all the food here- actually, what happened to the food? Since the wedding was canceled and all. Oh please don't tell me it was thrown out. Luhan and I struggled a tremendous amount just to have them delivere-"

Jongin simply let out a soft chuckle at Kyungsoo's ramble, who immediately stopped when he heard the other male' angelic laughter. He was so sure that he had quickly become addicted to his voice.

"Don't worry, the Queen had all the food donated and given to charity for the homeless people in town." Jongin explains with a smile. Kyungsoo was too captivated by Jongin's facial features that he didn't even acknowledge the other leaning closer to him. They had been standing at least 5 feet across from each other but now, the distance had shortened to at least 2 feet.

"O-Okay. If it was thrown away, Luhan would have completely freaked out! He may look innocent and all but he's actually quite manly. Once you get to know him, you'll understand why he's such a great friend. I've known him sinc-"

"You and Luhan must be really close." Jongin comments and Kyungsoo blinks.

"Yeah, we are. I've known him for nearly 8 years now. We met in China actually.." Kyungsoo says until he notices that the atmosphere was getting a bit awkward the more he talked about Luhan.

"Oh cool..D-Do you-"

"Jongin? What are you doing in here?"

The two boys immediately turned towards the kitchen entrance and find themselves staring at Luhan and Sehun. Luhan rushes over and swings his arm over Kyungsoo's shoulder, elated to see his best friend.

"Kyungsoo-ah!" He exclaims and Kyungsoo elbows him in the stomach. Why are they here? Weren't they going to town?

"Why do you still do that hyung?" Luhan laughs but still comfortably rests his arm on Kyungsoo's shoulder before looking at Jongin. He seemed slightly bothered by Luhan's presence, which hadn't gone unseen by the China boy.

"Oh, did I interrupt something? Jongin right?" Luhan smiles at the dark skinned male who tenses at the sudden attention.

"Yes, I am." He says with a small smile. It was the second time they met.

"Thanks for coping with Kyungsoo. He's quite boring, right?" Luhan teases, causing Kyungsoo to elbow him again.

Jongin laughs. "Oh no, not at all. Thanks for coping with Sehun. He's quite boring, right?" Jongin jokes, which Sehun sends him a deadly glare for.

"We're going to be great friends." Luhan sends him a wide grin.

"Yah!" Sehun exclaims, not liking that his presence was ignored and it was even worse that they were talking bad about him while he was standing there.

"Aren't you worried about talking to your boss that way?" Kyungsoo asks as Sehun walks over to Jongin.

"Worried? Why? Sehun and I are close friends. I've known him since we were children." Jongin says, looking at the taller blonde.

"Friends? I didn't know Sehun had any.." Luhan takes note and Sehun glare at him too. It seemed that everyone was against him today.

"I'm right here." He says, clearly annoyed, but Luhan just sticks out his tongue.

"If you two are friends, then why are you working for him?"

"Our families have worked together for many years and the Oh family had really helped out my parents when we were younger so to show their gratitude, they decided to make me Sehun's body guard. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing since we used to play everyday but now that we're older, he just orders me around everday." Jongin says with a laugh and Sehun crosses his arms.

"I do not! And I have every right to, even thought I don't."

"That's what you think." Jongin looks at Sehun who had a scowl on his face.

"But why a body guard? And if you two are of the same age, shouldn't you have someone else possibly bigger and stronger to actually protect the prince?" Luhan questions.

"I'm Sehun's personal body guard so I act more of a friend and helper than a sword and sheild. If you've noticed, almost everyone who works in this palace is quite old. They've been around since..Sehun's parents." Jongin explains and Sehun's face remains emotionless. Luhan thought back to their conversation with Mr.Lee about the late king and queen. It must have been a touchy subject for the young prince.

"Earlier in the bathroom, I bumped into a young maid cleaning the stall." Kyungsoo comments and Sehun immediately looks at him. Luhan watched as panic quickly set in his eyes but it was soon masked away.

"A young maid? I didn't hear of any new apprentices..Maybe I'll ask Mr.Lee later-"

"No! I-I saw the new maids. They were all quite young. I guess all the current staff are getting old and they need new members to get the job done." Sehun explains and Jongin nods his head.

"Okay then."

It was quite for a second before Kyungsoo spoke up. "But hyung, why are you here? I thought you and Sehun were going to town?"

"Oh..that. That plan is out the window for now. We decided to take a tour of the palace, too! If you don't mind." Luhan says, and looks at both Kyungsoo and Jongin.

"This is what you wanted to do?" Sehun asks, with a 'are you kidding me' expression.

"Yup! It's not everyday you get to tour the palace! Where should we start?" Luhan exclaims with excitment and loops his hand into Kyungsoo's arm, pulling him out of the kitchen. Sehun and Jongin looked at each other for a second.

"A tour? Really?" Sehun huffed and Jongin shrugged with a smile.

-----------------------------------

(This is something new that I wanted to try out. It's just a short interview of each character that gives you more of an inside to their thoughts. If you guys like this idea, leave a comment! These will usually be at the end of the chapter.)

Q. What are your opnions about Kyungsoo and Luhan moving into the palace?

Jongin: Ah..well, Kyungsoo..he's quite cute. I-I mean, he's short and nice. And we get along really well! I'm not very close with Luhan, considering that he's going to be Sehun's wife..I actually never thought he would agree to he marriage- aha anyway, he seems like a good person. If he's Kyungsoo's friend, I'll try to get along with him, too. If he can tame Sehun, he is capable of doing anything.

Sehun: It's an absolute nuissence and I wish they would leave! Especially Luhan! Who does he think he is, slapping me and talking like he's better than me?! I'm the crowned prince for goodness sake! Are all Chinese people this way?

Q. How are you adjusting to the palace life?

Kyungsoo: It's quite sudden but overall, it's an amazing feeling. Although I'm constantly getting lost..each hallway looks exactly the same! I don't understand how Jongin gets around the building...but Jongin...he's extremely handso-helpful! Helpful..yes, helpful..

Luhan: It would be better with just Kyungsoo, Halmeoni, and I..maybe Jongin. Sehun is just too confusing and stubborn! How can a kid be so rude and arrogant?! And have you seen his bedroom?! Also the food is great! Especially the mackerel! Don't get me started, it's like entering a whole new world! I wonder if they'll have any in China..

Q. Has anything changed since the wedding day?

Jongin: My job will probably be more fun. Sehun has been getting quite boring and too quiet nowadays but with Luhan around, I'm sure he'll be going crazy. And that's always exciting. Sehun seems to have met his match.

Kyungsoo: Basically my whole life. I used to live in a tiny apartment at the edge of town with Luhan, running a small restaurant, and now, I'm living in the royal palace! That already is the biggest change, not to mention I've made a new friend..I don't know whether to thank or scold Luhan for this..it's honestly an honor to meet the Queen and live in her home. What have I done to deserve this?

Sehun: My life is now a living hell! That's what changed! Luhan thinks he can order me around and ruin my life just because we're supposedly getting married. This marriage is ridiculous! I swear that old woman is crazy! How can she do this to her precious and only grandson! I was even relocated from my own room to one that I have to share with that little *beeeeeeeeeep*! Someone please get rid of him!

Luhan: Kyungsoo and I used to live a very poor lifestyle so just moving into the palace was a drastic change. But it seems too unreal,, I think I've also accquired more knowledge about Korea's royal family. How could Halmeoni do this to me? *sigh* But what should I do about the jerk prince!?

 


99 SUBSCIBERS? WHO WILL BE THE 100TH? :D

Also, leave a comment! Do you like these mini interviews? I think the chapters don't really include a lot of their thoughts so this would fill it in a bit! In future updates, you guys can also submit questions for the characters to answer! *cough cough HUNHAN *cough Btw, anyone liking the Kaisoo going on? ;D

Anyways, Thank you guys SOOOO much for reading!

Comment, subscribe, and upvote! <3 <3 <3