Tell Me

Fated To You

Luhan sat with Halmeoni and Sehun in her office living room. He desperately wanted to believe he was only dreaming but he wasn't. After hearing Sehun's words, Luhan roughly dragged Sehun by his wrist to Halmeoni, demanding that he explain the situation clear and detailed. Not only was he embarrassed, but also heartbroken and angry.

"Let go of me, Luhan." Sehun says, almost growling in his deep voice. Usually, Luhan would obey but his emotions took over, making his grip even tighter on Sehun's arm.

"I won't until you tell me what the hell is going on." Luhan spoke, his tone dripping with anger. He wasn't the childish Luhan he preferred to be.

Halmeoni frowned, remembering how well they had been getting along just days before. "Sehun-ah, what did you say? Did you agree?"

Luhan looked at the old woman confused. "Agree? Agree to what?"

Sehun remained silent and Luhan hated the tightening feeling in his chest. The ignorance was no longer bliss.

"I thought you wouldn't." Halmoeni continues and Sehun presses his lips together.

Luhan wanted an answer, an explanation to why and what was going on. He wanted a reason.

"Someone please tell me what happened!" Luhan's voice strained with desperation and his palm was beginning to feel sweaty on Sehun's skin.

Halmeoni looked at Luhan before him, pity and sadness obvious in her face.

"Luhan-ah.." Her voice was soft and gentle, as if what she was about to say was going to shatter Luhan into a million pieces. As if Luhan was a fragile China vase that could break any second.

"Halmeoni, please! Tell me! I need to know..I don't understand!" Just the sight of Luhan begging her tore at her big heart. How could she have tried to hide this from Luhan, the boy whom she treasured as much as her own grandson? She knew she shouldn't have kept it from him.

"When Sehun was 15, he went to Japan for a royal ball. It was held by one of the largest kingdoms in Japan, the Matsunaga family." Halmeoni explains. The name rings in Luhan's ear.

"Matsunaga?"

*Flashback*

"Prince Sehun, why are you hanging around children? I'm sure you have many other important matters to be attending as the future king of Korea."  A Japanese official spoke up, folding his hands together. Luhan watched the man's expression and it was clear that he didn't like the fact that Sehun would soon take the throne. 

"That's right, it's a shame the wedding didn't take place as planned. We were all anticipating it." The man beside him spoke up. Halmeoni still hadn't said anything, letting the heated conversation carry on.

"Thank you for your concerns Matsunaga-san, but they're not needed." Sehun says with a firm blank expression. The Japanese man narrows his eyes slightly at Sehun, unpleased with his response. Luhan carefully watched their interaction. It seemed that Sehun knew most of these men, and some didn't take much liking to his power at such a young age.

"Oh, is that so? You have so much free time nowadays to be running around with children. How are you going to rule the country if you never grow up?" By now, Luhan was mentally sending daggers towards 'Matsunaga-san'. His comments were truly unnecessary and rude, in Luhan's opinion.

"I will work harder." Sehun says, bowing his head slightly as if he was giving in to their words.

*End of Flashback*

"Matsunaga!" Luhan sits up in realization. "H-He was at that meeting!"

Halmeoni nods her head, surprised that Luhan had remembered from more than a month ago.

"Yes, he was a member of the family sent here, to Korea, for a discussion regarding a few treaties but my guess is that he had flown back to Japan recently and reported the news of Sehun being wedded to you to the head of the Matsunaga family." Halmeoni says calmly.

Luhan couldn't piece it together. "What do the Matsunaga have to do with our marriage?..I mean, it did seem like he didn't like the fact that Sehun and I were going to be married but why are they so concerned about it?"

Halmeoni breathed out, trying to explain it in the gentlest way possible.

"At that royal ball, the daughter of the Matsunaga family fell in love with Sehun. Her name is Haru Matsunaga."

"S-She fell in love with him?" Luhan's words were bitter. He couldn't help but think that Sehun was his, despite the fact that the princess had fallen for him nearly 4 years prior to his meeting with the young prince just a month and a half ago.

"Unfortunately yes." Halmeoni frowns. "To satisfy his daughter's desires, Gorou Matsunaga, the King and also a close business partner of mine, requested for an arranged marriage-"

"Sehun and H-Haru?!" Luhan was starting to wish more and more that he was only dreaming.

Halmeoni nodded.

"Please tell me you didn't say-"

"I had to. Sehun was may have only been 15 but at that time, he wasn't interested in girls in his age or any women we tried to set him with. It didn't make sense. Sehun also never liked boys other than Jongin so it seemed as if it would have been impossible to get him married when he turned 18. To set up an arranged marriage was a win-win situation for both our kingdom and the Matsunaga's." Halmeoni tried to explain her reasoning but Luhan couldn't believe it. His hand's grip loosened on Sehun arm and the younger male immediately pulled his arm back, leaving the brunet's hand empty between them.

"But why? Why would you ask me to marry Sehun if you knew he would have to marry a princess?" Luhan didn't understand Halmeoni. How could she do this to him?

"Sehun wasn't interested in her and their relationship wasn't growing. After 2 years, the wedding was postponed and the agreement was put aside. The only reason Gorou wanted this marriage was for his daughter's happiness and if she had suddenly lost interest in Sehun, he would have pulled out. Now, its nearly been 4 years and he still hasn't nulified the contract. Haru and Sehun haven't met very often after he turned 17, maybe twice or three times a year at most."

"Then why so suddenly-?!" Why would she want to marry Sehun? How could she possibly still be in love with Sehun if they barely saw each other? Why did they never cancel the marriage?

Say something Sehun.

Deny it. Tell me it's not true.

Tell me once again that you like me.

Luhan had so many questions swirling around but he didn't have the voice to ask them.

"Because I wanted to marry her." Sehun suddenly speaks and Luhan's head sharply turns to the blonde boy beside him. His eyes scanned the male's face, trying to look for the Sehun that he had fallen for. How was it that just this morning, he was still in love with Sehun and he too, had believed that the other had loved him the same.

"S-Sehun.." His name left Luhan's lips like a soft drop of dew from a blade of grass. The name that he had said so many times before but this time, it was different.

"Sehun." Halmeoni's voice was more composed but it was clear that she was also confused by Sehun's actions.

"Please tell me you're lying." Luhan said weakly, his voice nearly cracking. The pain was so overwhelming that Luhan's sight seemed to blur. He couldn't tell whether his brain was shutting down or if it was tears in welling up in his eyes until a warm drop of water trailed down his pale cheeks.

Sehun's face was close to emotionless. His eyes showing no pity or affection for the Chinese boy beside him. Even though Sehun sat beside Luhan, it was as if he wasn't really there.

"Why? Why?!" Luhan asks, his voice raising slightly from the frustration. "Why would you do that?!"

Sehun huffed. "Leave me alone, Luhan."

"No, I can't." Luhan says, another warm tear slipping down.

"Sehun, what did you say to Gorou?" Halmeoni asks.

"I told him I wanted to marry his daughter." He says as if the situation was that simple.

"Did you go to him or did he call you to Japan?"

"You went to Japan?!" Luhan still couldn't believe his ears. "That's where you've been these two days?"

"It doesn't concern you Luhan." Sehun says, not even looking at the desperate male beside him.

"Doesn't concern me?! What the hell is wrong with you Sehun?" Luhan exclaims, standing up from his chair.

"Calm down, Luhan.." Halmeoni says quietly. "Answer my question Sehun-ah."

"I went to him. Haru is still in love with me so I plan to marry her." Sehun glances at Luhan. "That was the original plan before someone squeezed their way into the family.:

It was a harsh stab to his chest. Sehun''s words were like sharp arrows and his beating heart was the target. Somehow, the young prince hit the bullseye.

"That's a lie, Sehun!" Luhan now stood in front of Sehun, looking down at the blonde. Sehun lifted his head to meet Luhan's gaze but his eyes masked all emotions he could have possibly been feeling. That, for Sehun, was like his second nature, a unbreakable habit.

"Think what you want."

"You're lying..! Y-You-"

"Luhan!" Halmeoni calls from behind him but he couldn't stop the tears from slipping. His breathing was heavy and his legs were a weak support for his body. Even so, he never looked away from Sehun.

"Now that you now, are you satisfied? Don't bother me." Sehun says calmly and stands up, his height immediately towers over Sehun's shorter frame. They stood before each other, their chests just 4 inches from each other, before Sehun turns to exit Halmeoni's office.

Luhan reaches out to grab Sehun forearm once more, stopping the younger male in his tracks.

"You told me you liked me!" Luhan exclaims, not caring that Halmeoni was listening. The older woman, still seated, listened carefully to their conversation.

Sehun chuckles, turning back slightly to Luhan, whose face had several wet trails on his cheeks. "You actually believed that?"

There was a loud click.

A snap.

A flash.

It hit Luhan so hard that his arm no longer held onto Sehun's but weakly fell to his sides. If Sehun's words earlier had been arrows, this was like an atomic bomb. No one could decribe the immense wave of pain and embarrassment that crashed onto Luhan at that moment. His mouth felt dry as if he had been eating sand and his breathing was unhealthily abnormal. The room seemed to spin and the heat rushed to his face.

"W-What?" His voice cracked, trailing off with a soft squeak. He didn't have the energy to even ask this one word question.

Sehun smirked, one that played on his lips the first day Luhan had saw him in the portrait hall. "You're really gullible aren't you? You fall for anything anyone tells you. I guess you've never been confessed to."

Luhan wished his ears would block out the lies spouting from Sehun's pink lips. Sehun would never say that.

"I thought I made it clear from day one that I don't like you, and I never will. Why are you so fixed on getting through with this marriage? Because you're a gold digger! You want money, power- you're nothing but a worthless, desperate peasant. I'm surprised you got so far but you were never set to be my wife in the first place. Not in this life, not in our next. You don't like me either Luhan so you can quit your act. You can stop pretending to care for me and act as if you're my friend because we're not. We never were. You're nothing like me and there's no part of you that I would ever like. Stop kidding yourself."

Each word was a bullet to Luhan's heart. There were so many that Luhan thought his heart would stop beating from the pain.

"Stop it, Sehun! Why are you lying!? This isn't true-"

Sehun laughed. "This isn't true? Is that what you think? Why can't you get it through your stupid thick head that it's over! Done! You were just a game, a toy to waste time on. Did you really think that you'd suddenly go from living on the outskirts of town to living as royalty for the rest of your life? Be real, Luhan. Why don't you just go back to China or something!"

There was a burning in Luhan's stomach that set his whole body on fire. His head burned up but his fingers and his toes were numb and cold. His ears were ringing but he could hear Sehun's every word crystal clear. He wished he couldn't. He could see Sehun's back and the form of his broad shoulders but he wished he couldn't. The more he looked the more he wanted to run to him. To reach out to him and hold Sehun in a tight embrace and never let him go. Oh how he wished he could turn back time.

"Se-...!!" Before Luhan could even say the rest of his name, his body lifelessly fell to the hard carpet floor with a thud.

 


Luhhaaaaan!! TT^TT I'm sorry guys but this has to happen. Sehun is a , yes, I know.

Leave a comment! Why do you think Sehun is doing this? Do you think he is lying and hiding his feelings for Luhan, or was it really just a fake relationship, a game? Express your anger at Sehun in ONE word.

Thank you guys for being so supportive and it's quite funny to read your comments but at the same time, I hope you guys aren't too sad! It makes me feel honored that I have touched you with my story! :)

Shout out to @caramelpastel  being my 500th subscriber! Wow, I can't believe there are already so many of you! <3

The more upvotes, the more quicker updates! ;D

Comment, Up vote, Subscribe! Saranghaeyo! ^o^