Unexpected

Fated To You

"And this is our palace's rose garden! Lovely isn't it?" Jongin explains as they walk through rows and rows of colorful rose bushes. Luhan remembered when Kyungsoo and he had drove by on the day of the wedding. He couldn't help but think that they were more beautiful up close.

"Does someone take care of all these flowers? There are so many!" Luhan exclaims in awe. Sehun rolls his eyes at the older male's excitement.

"You talk as if you've never seen roses before.."

Luhan stops in his tracks and turns to Sehun, who looked at him with a blank expression. "So what? It's not as if you know everything."

"Actually I do. I've been everywhere, seen everything." Sehun says with confidence and Luhan narrows his eyes at the blonde boy.

"No you haven't. That's impossible." Luhan argues.

"I'm the royal prince, Luhan. I'-"

"Guys, no need to argue.." Jongin tries to get between the two boys who were suddenly standing much closer to each other.

"Tell him. He started it." Luhan mumbled and Sehun scoffs.

"You were the one who doubted my knowledge first."

"What? No, you were the one acting arrogant and said, indirectly, that I was stupid."

"Well..you are." Sehun says with a smirk and Luhan glares at him before turning to Jongin, who quickly leaned away from Kyungsoo.

"Jongin?"

"Y-Yes?" He stutters before regaining his composition.

"Let's go to town."

"We shouldn't-" He starts by Luhan cuts him off.

"C'mon, why not? I'm sure we'll be fine. We've completed this whole tour already, right?" Luhan says eagerly and looks at Jongin with hope in his eyes.

"Yes, but- I'm not sure if we're allowed to leave the palace grounds at the moment." Jongin tells him and Luhan pouts.

"Oh..right..I guess I'll just hang out with Kyungsoo then. We'll see you two some other time.." Luhan says too innocently. Kyungsoo doesn't know how to react as he's dragged away from Jongin and Sehun.

Before they could walk too far away, Jongin calls out, stopping Luhan midway. "M-Maybe..we could go."

Luhan smirks to himself before happily turning back around. He totally has a crush on Kyungsoo.

--

"What are we doing here?"

"We're touring the town. Of course we need to give u a disguise." Luhan says, as if it was the most obvious thing. They had safely managed to leave the palace and make it to the town center without getting recognized. But Luhan knew that wouldn't last.

"Why? That's ridiculous."

"If you've forgotten, you're the royal prince. And if you're the 'most handsome man in Korea by however many countries', you will get recognized by the people here." Luhan smartly says back and Sehun shuts his mouth.

"Whatever. Just chose something quick." Sehun huffs.

"Let's see." Luhan mumbles, scanning over a rack of colorful hats. Sehun crossed his arms and leaned against the shop wall, trying to not catch anyone's attention. After 15 minutes of debating which hat would look best on the young prince, Luhan walked over to the cashier to purchase it. Sehun hadn't even been watching Luhan so when the shorter male sneaked up behind him, he nearly pissed his pants.

"Yah!-" Luhan laughed as he sat the hat onto of Sehun's head.

"Looking good." Luhan says with a curt nod at his 'masterpiece'. "What do you think?"

Sehun turns to a mirror on the wall and stares at himself. The hat wasn't the finest but it wasn't the worst of the hats Luhan could have chosen.

"It's horrible." He says blankly before walking out of the shop, leaving Luhan speechless.

"H-Horrible?! Why? I think it looks fine. Sehun-ah!" He calls after the younger boy. Considering that it was already 2 in the afternoon, the streets were already quite crowded and busy. By the time Luhan caught up with Sehun, they were already much further into town.

"Wait..where's Kyungsoo and Jongin?" Luhan asked, looking around. He hadn't even remembered that they came together and couldn't recall when they got separated.

"They left earlier at the hat shop because someone took so long." Sehun tells him and Luhan nods his head.

"I don't think that's why they left.." Smooth Jongin..

"What?"

"Nothing. Let's go." Luhan says excitedly.

"Go where?" Sehun looks around. There wasn't anything fit for a prince. Especially one as picky and stubborn as Sehun.

"Uh..we could take a short walk?" Luhan suggests and Sehun thinks for a moment before nodding. It was better than being in the rowdy streets.

They found themselves in a quiet park on the west side of town. It was quite famous for its beautiful fountain created for the Queen of Korea nearly 45 years ago.

"Is that a statue of Halmeoni?!" Luhan exclaims in shock at the sight of a stone statue. There wasn't a speck of dirt on the piece of artwork which portrayed a young woman holding a scepter in one hand and a book in the other.

"Surprisingly, yeah." Sehun says, also staring at the statue that sat atop the gushing fountain.

"Woah..she was really pretty then.." Luhan comments but Sehun doesn't say anything. Luhan looks over to the blonde boy who is lost in his own thoughts.

"C-Can I ask you something?" Luhan asks slowly, trying not to upset the other. When Sehun doesn't reply, Luhan continues as if the younger had given him permission.

"Why are you so rude towards others? I don't mean to offend you but towards Halmeoni, Kyungsoo, your servants...and me..why?"

Sehun doesn't take his gaze off the fountain in front of them and blinks a few times. "It's just easier."

"Easier? Than what?" Luhan questions.

"Than caring."

"What's wrong with caring? What about your friends?"

"I don't need any. I have Jongin."

"But aren't you ever lonely on your own?"

Sehun sighs and crosses his arms across his chest. "Why are you asking so many questions?"

"Because I'm curious." Luhan states simply, causing Sehun to look at him from the corner of his eye.

"About..?"

"You. Who you really are."

"I'm Oh Sehun, the crowned prince of Korea. Who else would I be?" Sehun asks as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Sehun," Luhan says with a small smile. "Just Sehun."

"He doesn't exist." Sehun says with a blank face and Luhan frowns.

"Of course he does. In here." Luhan gently presses his hand onto Sehun's right chest, taking the younger male by surprise.

"Yah! Are you some ert?!-" Sehun half-yells but before he can even remove Luhan's hand, he loses his balance and trips into the fountain. It was almost comical the how he flailed his arms around in the water with his hair completely covering his face like a mop.

"What the hell!" Sehun exclaims with a frustrated yell and Luhan can't hep but burst into laughter.

"Omo, this is too funny!" Luhan claps his hands as he laughs harder. He had never seen such an embarrassing and helpless Sehun but he was enjoying it. A little too much.

"Stop laughing an- and help me!" Sehun manages to say under the pouring fountain water.

"Okay, okay. Here." Luhan chuckles and pulls on Sehun's forearm, tugging him out of the water dripping wet. Luhan also picks up the soaked hat floating in the water and rushes to follow an angry Sehun out of the park.

Sehun probably didn't need a disguise with his wet hair and drenched clothing but surely, he couldn't walk around that way either. As a result, they stopped by the closest clothing store which happened to be a gift shop.

"This stuff is all so cheap, I'm not wearing these..these rags." Sehun complains and Luhan smirks.

"Oh okay then, you can walk around in your wet clothes then. Better than 'rags', right?" It didn't help that Sehun was wearing a white button up shirt.

Sehun glares at the older boy before mumbling a 'fine'. Sehun quickly picked out a simple white shirt that said 'I love Korea' and a pair of beige shorts. It was the typical tourist outfit.

"Hurry up and get changed." Luhan tells him as he grumpily walks over to a changing stall near the back of the shop. After a few minutes of waiting, Luhan got bored and decided to look at some of the cheap souvenirs they sold. They were all very cliche and simple but a keychain caught his attention amongst the whole rack. It was a silver chain with the letter 'H' attached. It wasn't anything fancy but for some reason, Luhan wanted to buy it for Sehun.

But he probably won't like it. It's too cheap and lame for his taste..

"Luhan? I'm done changing." Sehun calls out and Luhan holds the chain tightly in his hand.

"O-Okay. I'll go pay for it, wait for me outside." He responds and watches as Sehun listens to his words, walking towards the exit without any arguments.

Luhan walks over to the cashier and places the keychain on the table. "Uh I'll also be paying for the shirt and shorts that man was just wearing."

After paying, Luhan places the tiny bag holding the key chain into his pocket. Not having any other clothes to wear, Luhan had reworn his button up and suit pants. Around the palace, it wasn't quite an unusual sight but in the middle of town, it was seen as more of a dress up. Just as he exited the shop, Luhan noticed a large crowd outside with Sehun no where to be seen.

"Sehu-"

"What do you think you're doing here?! You're nothing but a disgrace to our country. You dare to call yourself a prince?!" A voice exclaims.

Prince...? Sehun!

Luhan ran towards into the multitude of bystanders and pushed his way into the center. As he had expected, Sehun stood with an angry middle aged woman. Sehun, as always, had on his blank poker face while the woman had a disgusted expression.

What was going on? I told him to wait outside, not start a scene!

"I'm a prince by blood. What else am I supposed to call myself? A peasant?" Sehun said with a slight smirk and that caused the woman to drop her jaw in shock.

What is he doing?!

"Sehun-ah!-" Luhan tried to call out but the younger male couldn't hear him. Everyone watching the argument was gossiping about the prince.

"Se-"

"Hyung!" "Luhan!" Two familiar voices called out and Luhan turned around to find Kyungsoo and Jongin squeezing their way past the people to where he stood.

"Kyungsoo-ah. Jongin..." Luhan calls their name with a worried voice and they both look over to Sehun.

"What happened? Is this a fight?!" Kyungsoo exclaims and Jongin' eyes widen.

"Sehun isn't a violent person. At least not physically. He wouldn't dare to attack someone, especially a citizen." Jongin explains, but it doesn't make Luhan any less reassured.

"I just told him to wait outside but this happened and  don't know what's going on!" Luhan panics before turning back to the woman and Sehun.

"W-What did you just say?!" She exclaims, extremely pissed, before stomping over to the street side.

What is she-

"I'll show you whose the peasant!" She yells and lifts up a rock that easily fit into her palm. People gasped as if she was crazy but no one did anything to stop it.

Sehun shuts his eyes, waiting for the stone to hit him, but it never came. Slowly opening his eyes, he could only see a head of brown hair in front of him before he came to his sense. Spectators gasped and exclaimed in shock at the person who blocked the rock from hitting the royal prince.

There was only one person he knew who would have done this.

"Jongin?" Sehun blinks at the person before him. He couldn't process what had just happened. "Wh-"

The male looses his balance and collapses onto the ground. At the sight, Kyungsoo and Jongin rush out of the crowd to assist Sehun.

"Kyungsoo! Jong-" Sehun cuts himself off mid-sentence. "Wait. If you're here, then-"

With a swift tug at the shoulder, Sehun gently turned over the boy that laid injured on the ground.

"L-Luhan...?!"

 


Sorry for the late update!

Anyways, I think it's time for some Hunhan action, don't you think? ;D

Leave a comment! What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

Also, a quick shout out to @aselana for being my 100th subscriber! Thank you all so much for following this story <3 It really means the world to me! I love you all equally, even if you were the first or the most recent subscriber!

Comment, up vote, subscribe, and stay beautiful! <3