Let's Get Married

Fated To You

 Luhan stared at his dull shoes in attempt to avoid any sort of eye or physical contact with the other. 

How could Halmeoni just abandon me and leave us alone?!

The situation wasn't one to easily escape. If anything, it was nearly impossible.

"You planned this didn't you?" Sehun says, crossing one leg over the other. They still sat across from each other but the presence of the older woman was no longer there. She had left to check up on the preparations and greet incoming guests, insisting that the two boys talk about their marriage. They only had a hour to decide what to do, either be wedded today or in 3 months. 

Neither options sounded good to Luhan, and he was sure Sehun thought the same.

"W-What do you mean?" Luhan asks, confused about what he was trying say. Sehun rolls his eyes.

"Don't pretend."

"What? Do you really think I plotted a scheme to be married to a jerk-prince without any manners or respect towards others?" Luhan smirks and Sehun sends him a death glare. It was probably already the 6th time that day.

"I mean, how could you not realize that Halmeoni was the great Queen? She may be a stupid old woman but I don't think it was right of you to take advantage of he-"

"First," Luhan looks at the younger boy, enraged at Sehun's words. "I'm from China so I apologize that I'm not familiar with the members of the royal family. Second, I did not take advantage of Halmeoni, who is not a stupid old woman!"

"China, huh?" Sehun raises his eyebrows.

"That's not the point. I hope you know that I'm against this marriage but for Halmeoni's sake, I'll go through with it." Luhan sighs, starting to worry about the consequences of this marriage. What had he gotten himself into?

"What does my grandmother have to do with you? Why do you even care?" Sehun asks.

"It's none of your business."

"I think I have the right to know. Whether this ridiculous marriage takes place is all up to you." Sehun's words put more pressure on Luhan. But what he said was true.

"I-I.. I don't know." He mumbles.

Luhan wasn't a successful person of any sort. He didn't go to college nor did he have a stable job. So of course, living in such a beautiful palace and not having to worry about money and food was definitely an advantage. But there were also many hardships and responsibilities that he would have to face and take on his own. One thing for sure, he wasn't fit to be royalty. He wasn't wealthy, he didn't have social connections, nor was he a capable person. How on earth was he supposed to help the crowned prince rule the country? What if the people were unsatisfied with him?

Another sacrifice Luhan had to give up was love. Luhan barely even knew the boy and now he had to marry him? Seeing how their first meeting was a mess, he knew it'd be impossible to get the younger boy to love him, let alone look at him as his hyung. They were incompatible in almost every way. Luhan was quite romantic, if he must say so himself. He enjoys, or at least wants to, taking peaceful walks with his partner, and staying up late at night to talk about the most random and honest things. He couldn't imagine any of these things with the bratty and ignorant prince. They lived in two separate worlds. Lead to different lives.

Kyungsoo would never approve of this marriage. But then again, this marriage could also benefit his best friend. Knowing Kyungsoo, he'd probably never accept living in th-

"Kyungsoo!" Luhan suddenly exclaimed, realizing that he friend must be going crazy. He had no explanation or any idea of what was going on.

"Who- What?" Sehun asks, as Luhan dashes over to the door.

"I don't even know what room he's in.." Luhan mutters to himself, not even hearing Sehun's voice.

"Yah!"

"Where are you going?! Yo-"

But Luhan was already out the door. Sehun scoffed that the disrespect he kept receiving.

----

"Kyungsoo-ah! Where are you?" Luhan calls out as he walks down the large hall. Each door looks almost identical to each other. He opened them all and peaked inside, hoping to spot the younger male inside.

"Kyung-"

Luhan pushed the door open and stopped halfway as he noticed his friend sitting on a fancy bed in one of the several guestrooms. 

Kyungsoo turned his head around to the door with wide eyes before realizing that it was Luhan. "Hyung!"

"Yah, I've been looking all over for you-" He starts to say before realizing there was another person in the room. "Oh."

"Hello!" The man greeted with a friendly smile and slight wave. His skin seemed to have a gentle tan, and he had dark black hair.

"Uh, this is Jongin. Halmeoni came by before and told him to accompany me while I waited for you." Kyungsoo says with a shy smile and Luhan nods. Was Kyungsoo blushing? No.. he couldn't be.

"I'm Luhan." He introduces himself to the other male before turning to Kyungsoo.

"D-Did Halmeoni say anything to you? Like..anything at all?" Luhan slowly asks.

"No, why?" He questions with a concerned expression.

"Jongin, could you just give us a moment? I need to discuss something with him." Luhan politely requests.

"No problem. I'll actually be on my way now. It was nice meet you, Luhan," He says with a smile before looking at Kyungsoo, "and I hope to see you soon, D.O."

Luhan looked his Kyungsoo, confused, as the man closed the door left the room.

"D.O? Only I call you that..."

"Huh? Oh, uh... It just kind of slipped out." Kyungsoo stutters, face slightly pink. "A-Anyways, what's going on?"

"Oh god, help me!" Luhan lets out a frustrated groan and collapses onto the bed beside the shorter boy.

"What did Halmeoni say? And Sehun? Is he really throwing you into the dungeo-"

"No, its worse." Luhan whines, plopping his face into the silk blankets.

"W-worse? He isn't going to.." Kyungsoo gasps, thinking of the worst.

"Uhm heths mihfe." Luhan muffles.

"What?" Kyungsoo leans closer.

"Uhm heths mihfe."

"Say that agai-"

"I'm his wife!!" Luhan exclaims, lifting his face and sitting up. He had finally said it.

"Oh, I coudln't hear you cuz' you had the blankets in you-wait, what?!" Kyungsoo exclaims, nearly falling off the bed.

"I know, I can't believe it either! When I agreed to be Halmeoni's grandson, I didn't know she meant through marriage!"

"So, you're saying the person the crowned prince was set to marry was you?! Didn't you just meet Halmeoni two days ago? How can you possibly marry him today? You don't even know him!" Kyungsoo rambles on and Luhan couldn't have agreed any more.

"Right?! This is absolutely ridiculous. The prince is rude, disrespectful, ignorant, cocky, stuck-up..did I mention rude?" Luhan rants, suddenly realizing how much he actually disliked Sehun. "But Halmeoni gave us an option to either make it official today or in 3 months.."

"The wedding is set to be in 3 hours! How are you going to call it off? I heard that already 900,000 people have crowded outside and they have 10 cakes downstairs, one even imported from France this morning! It'd be a shame for all this to go to waste-"

"Not helping here!" Luhan sighs, knowing that postponing the wedding would only be a disaster. So much effort had gone into preparing this ceremony. He couldn't disappoint the kingdom. It was his first responsibility and he had to fulfill it. Even if it meant to tolerate the young prince's attitude.

"I've made my decision."

"Wha- Luhan, you have to think this over. Don't jus-"

"I have!" Luhan says honestly and looks at his best friend. "I've though about the sacrifices I have to make and the obstacles I'll face. I even thought about your benefits. I'm doing this for myself, but also for you. You've helped me so much these past years, more than you can imagine. This is my way of paying you back. Don't worry, I won't regret this."

Kyungsoo just looks at him. It was one of those moment where Luhan's kind-hearted actions and maturity reminds Kyungsoo why he was his favorite hyung. Despite all those other times where Luhan was the one to make careless mistakes and act like a child, Kyungsoo knew that Luhan was more thoughtful, caring, and determined than anyone he knew. When he put his mind to it, Luhan was actually a capable and independent person who always kept his promises, even though he may not know it.

"Are you 100% sure you want to do this?" 

Luhan simply nods in response and Kyungsoo just lets out a defeated sigh.

"Thanks, hyung." He says before pulling Luhan into a tight hug. "I believe in you."

The two sat in each other's embrace before a familiar voice disrupted the silence.

"Yah! Luhan, where are you?!" Sehun called out from the hallway. It was strange to hear his name coming from the young prince.

"I'm going to go now." Luhan chuckles as they pull apart.

"You probably should. I'm not in any mood to see him angry again." Kyungsoo lets out a nervous laugh.

"I'll see you later, Kyungsoo-ah." He says with a wave before walking to the door. He takes a deep breath before pulling it open and entering the hallway.  It took a couple seconds before Sehun finally noticed him.

"Ya- You!"

As the younger approached him, Luhan ran his fingers through his hair and let a new wave of confidence take over. If he was going to do this, he could't let himself be pushed around by the young prince. 

"Where did you go? You still have to make up your min-" Luhan waited until Sehun finally stood before him. 

"Let's do it."

Sehun blinked a few times, not expecting Luhan's response. "W-What?"

Luhan pulled Sehun from the back of his neck so that they'd be face to face. With their noses just 2 inches away from touching each other, Luhan stared at Sehun with a cocky smile.

"You heard me. Let's get married."

 

------------

*crazy fangirling* YES THE HUNHAN STORY FINALLY BEGINS!

And Luhan had an unexpected character change ;) he couldn't have been an innocent deer forever!

How many more subscribers can we get? :D

Leave a comment! I really want to know what you guys thought of this chapter because so far, I've been loving your responses! <3 <3

I hope this was worth the wait! I love you guys! :)