Mistake #3

Fated To You

"Sehun..?"

 
Luhan's legs were frozen and his heart felt like it going was jump out. Oh how he wished the ground would open up and swallow him whole.
 
The smooth sound of heels grew louder on the red velvet carpet.
 
"Who is this? I don't remember inviting peasants to my wedding." A cold voice says behind Luhan, who still refused to turn around.
 
"Sehu-" Halmeoni was cut off by Sehun's laugh.
 
"And what are you?" He asks, looking straight at Kyungsoo. "I've never seen anyone more disgusting. You're a gay , aren't yo-"
 
This time, he was cut off by Luhan's hand. 
If there was anything Luhan had developed protectiveness over, it was Kyungsoo. As his hyung and best friend, he can't help but explode in anger when others attack the younger's preferences. After Kyungsoo's family incident, Luhan swore to protect the boy from people who didn't appreciate him for who he was. 
 
Kyungsoo gasped, hand immediately flying to cover his mouth with a wince. It felt like eternity in the moment of silence before Sehun opened his mouth.
"D-Did you just slap me?" 
 
Luhan finally got a good look at the young prince. The first thing he noticed was his height. He definitely didn't seem like the 'young' prince he had imagined. He wore a casual black button up dress shirt, tucked neatly into black pants. His hair was dyed a white blonde, completely contrasting his clothes, and his skin was as flawless and pale as a dove. Well, except for the part where Luhan hit him..that part was immediately turning red.
 
"Luhan! Why did yo-" Kyungsoo panics but it was too late. 
 
"Who do you think you are?! I'm the royal prince! Just you watch, you'll be the first to the dunge-." Sehun glares at Luhan, hatred and embarrassment written all over his face.
 
 "Good try, but I forbid you to put my grandson in the dungeon." Halmeoni says casually and Sehun looks at the old woman as if she's crazy. 
 
"I'm your grandson." He says, pointing to himself.
 
"And so is Luhan."
 
"W-what? Is he my half brother or something?" Sehun looks up and down at Luhan who begins to feel self concious at the attention. He had almost forgotten he was dressed in dirty clothes and his hair was probably a mess now.
 
"No. He's your wife." 
 
.
.
.
.
.
 
"What?!?"
 
"Are you crazy, Halmeoni?!"
 
"I never agreed to this!"
 
"Stop copying me!"
 
Kyungsoo and Halmeoni watched as the two boys spoke in sync before glaring at the other. It was almost comical that Halmeoni let out a small laugh. She was completely enjoying the awkward situation. 
 
"That's how you know they're going to be great friends." Halmeoni leans over and whispers in Kyungsoo's ear. His eyes were wide open, as always, and he just gave her an uneasy smile, watching his best friend and the royal prince arguing from the corner his eyes.
 
"Y-yeah.. Totally." He says through a tight smile. 
 
 
---
 
"How can I marry a child?! He's totally underage!" Sehun motions his hand to Luhan, who sat across from him. 
 
Halmeoni, Sehun and Luhan were currently seated in a grand living room on the second floor while Kyungsoo was resting in guest room in the same hallway. 
 
"I am not a child!"
 
"You're 15!" Sehun spoke informally to Luhan, who just scoffed. It was the second time that he was mistaken for a teenager today.
 
"I'm 23." He says and Sehun's eyes widen.
 
"Tw-twenty three?!"
 
"Yes, meaning that I'm older than you! Why would want to be tied down by a bratty, ignorant kid?" Luhan emphasizes the age difference, making Sehun's jaw drop.
 
"Yah! What did you just call me?!"
 
"You guys are already arguing like an old married couple." Halmeoni says with a satisfied smile but the two bickering boys don't even hear her.
 
"It's "what did you just call me, hyung?'"
 
"You're crazy if you think I'd ever call you tha-"
 
"Why? Soon enough you'll be calling me," Luhan winked. "..Yeobo."
 
That sent shivers down Sehun's spine. And not the good kinds. He almost choked at the thought. 
 
"Ew no! Never! I refuse! I should have some sort of say in this marriage!" Sehun stands up, looking expectantly at the old woman for support. 
 
"We made a deal, Sehun." She reminds him and Luhan could swear there was a smirk in her smile. 
 
"I clearly made a deal with the devil here." Sehun mumbles before stomping his foot.
 
"Besides, you said you'd find me a suitable wife. As in a female! I'm not even..." He continues to rant as if this was the most absurd thing ever. Luhan wasn't the most social person but he knew there were quite a few homouals in their kingdom. It wasn't anything looked down upon (Kyungsoo's family seemed to think otherwise) but nor was it really encouraged. Luhan himself didn't even know his own partner preference. 
 
"I think Luhan is more beautiful than any of the women in town." Halmeoni states with confidence and Luhan can't help but blush. That was a compliment..right?
 
"Well, Luhan is against this marriage, too! We don't even know anything about him! He's not a prince, he's not rich, he'-"
 
"I get it, I'm not a lot of things!" Luhan glares at Sehun.
 
"H-Halmeoni," Luhan spoke with a more sincere voice towards the old woman. "When you asked me to be your grandson..I didn't know who you were and I didn't know you meant that we'd become family through marriage." 
 
"Look at that! He doesn't even know the face of his own country's queen!" Sehun exclaims, slumping in his seat. "Unbelievable!"
 
"Do you not want to join the royal family?" Halmeoni asks, clearly upset but his opposition.
 
"Well, no but its just too sudden! I don't even know anything about Sehun, who I'm pretty sure hates my guts, and also I'm not fit to rule your country by his side." Luhan confesses honestly and Halemoni nods, understanding that it must be difficult for Luhan to adapt to a new lifestyle right away.
 
"Aright then, if it's what you want." 
 
Sehun quickly sits up with his eyes wide. "Really?! Th-"
 
"We'll just postpone the wedding for a few months." She says with a smile. 
 
Luhan mentally slaps his forehead while just Sehun puts his head into his hands. 
 
Luhan's third mistake.
 
 
---
Luhan and Sehun finally meet! *internally screams*  I hope their interaction wasn't too disappointing! xP 
 
Was it what you guys expected? ;) 
 
Leave a comment and let me know what you think! (MASSIVE thank you to those who subscribed and commented bec you're awesome and perfect <3)
 
Thank you for reading and showing support ^.^