The Act of Erasing

Fated To You

"..." Luhan didn't say anything but as soon as those two words left Jongin's lips, questions began to arise.

What is she like?

Is she pretty?

Does she speak fluent Korean?

When she stands beside Sehun, do they look compatible?

Did Sehun greet her with warm hug when she entered the palace?

Does Halmeoni love her as much as she loves me?

Are all the staff members friendly with her?

Is she-

"Hyung," Jongin's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "I'm going to call him."

At first, Luhan unconsciously nods but then quickly grabs his arm. "W-What should I do? Act as if I don't know him? Speak casually?"

"Casually. Greet him like as if he was your younger brother."

Luhan spoke more quietly. "But..what if he comes running? What if comes in and tries to snap some sense into me? What if I just break apart and tell him that I couldn't forget him, our marriage..?" His voice cracked slightly but he firmly held back all tears and signs of sadness.

"Then, in that case, you'd know he still loves you but I don't think it'd be wise to reveal our plan to him. He deserves to suffer." Kyungsoo explains, earning a remark from Jongin.

"Damn, Soo. When were you this evil?" Jongin winks at his boyfriend. "I like it."

Kyungsoo turns several shades of pink deeper and Luhan chuckles.
"Yah, stop acting all lovey-dovey around me, you two."

Jongin nods with a smile before breathing out and straightening his shoulders.  "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

Luhan nods and Kyungsoo grabs his hand and squeezes it with reassurance.

"I'll be going now. I'll be back soon." Jongin says on his way out before he closes the door

"I know you can do this, hyung. Just think of how much he's hurt you." Kyungsoo says.

"I'm just nervous that he'll be able to tell."

"Here, show me your poker face." Kyungsoo suggests and turns to face Luhan directly.

Luhan straightens his lips and opens his eyes wide and Kyungsoo bursts out laughing. "What is that, hyung!!?"

Luhan's lips automatically lift into a smile as he tries to defend himself. "That's my poker face! Yah!"

"Poker face? That was too cute to be a pokerface!" Kyungso teases and Luhan playfully threatens to wack him.

"You wanna say that again!?!"

Just then, the door slowly opened and Luhan slightly hesistated before turning to the intruder.

Thump. Thump. ThumpThump.

Sehun's POV-ish:

"Gorou. It's been a while." Halmeoni says with formality in her tone. She bows to greet the tall man who does the same out of respect and courtesy.

"It has, Jungsoo." They spoke on extremely friendly terms but Sehun could feel the tension between the two. Their families used to be actively social but for the past several years, they had barely come face to face with each other, for there had been no reason to.

"How have you been? You still look as young as ever." He says and Sehun can't tell if he was truly being sincere or sarcastic. It was obvious that Halmeoni was much older than he was. Sehun also took note that he had spoken in Korean, as it was respectful to speak the language of the country you were in.

"The past years have been.. quiet." Halmeoni says almost slyly but her warm and kind features don't reveal it. Sehun tries to hide a smirk until his eyes meet the ones of a skinny brunette.

"Sehun, I'm sure you missed Haru." Gorou says with a smile and Sehun wants to scoff at his comment.

"Sehun!" Haru smiled widely at the sight of her first love and quickly stepped forward to embrace him in a hug. Her arms easily wrapped around his slim waist and she rested her head on Sehun's broad chest.

"H-Haru." He tries to say as friendly as he could. Halmeoni watched Sehun awkwardly put a hand around her.

Her body is too skinny and small compared to...

"You grew so much." He says as she pulls away. She no longer looked like the ignorant 13 year old girl she had been when they first met but rather, even at the age of 18, a fully developed woman. Her long brown hair was curled to perfection and the simple dress she had on hugged her body in all the right places. It was clear that she was definitely a beauty that only a few Korean women could compare to.

"So did you. You've become so tall and handsome..I remember when we were just the same height! Or was I taller than you?" She teases and Sehun glares at her but it was somewhat playful rather than deadly.

"Lies. I was always taller than you."

Haru just laughs, "It doesn't make a difference now. You're way taller than me."

Her next words made Sehun tense. "But don't worry, on our wedding day, I'll be sure to wear heels. It'll be easier for you to kiss me."

Haru adds a wink at the ends and Gorou steps into their conversation.

"I was surprised to hear that you were planning on getting married two months ago. I had assumed that your marriage with Haru was still going as planned."

"It was." Halmeoni says. "But since there hadn't been much connection between our two heirs, I thought it was only right for Sehun to be able to marry someone else. I couldn't have him waiting forever."

Gorou seemed displeased for a second and Haru's eyes widened.

"W-Sehun, did you cheat on me with another woman?" she looked honestly hurt from hearing these words. Sehun only guessed that no one had told her of Luhan and his set marriage that was supposed to be in a month.

"No." He stated, simply because it was not true.

He may have cheated, but not with a woman.

"No?" Gorou frowned, assuming that he had been misinformed.

"Sehun was going to marry a man. It was my decision, not his. He was only following for the sake of this country."

Gorou burst out laughing and Haru look appalled.

"What?! A m-man? Sehun, I didn't know you were gay!"

"I'm not!" Sehun defends his uality immediately but he disagreed with how disrespectfully the two people before him had reacted. Though, if it were a few months earlier, he would have only done the same.

"Please tell me that was a joke! How did you expect to produce an heir?" Gorou mocks Halmeoni's plan, as if she didn't even have one.

"I only care for my son's happiness." She says calmly.

"Happiness? You thought he would be happy with a man when he's not even gay?! Jungsoo, you must have been ruling for too long to just think of shoving the whole country of Korea into any man's hands. I also heard he's not even Korean. How will the people react to this? A non-Korean ruler in their kingdom?"

All these points, Sehun hadn't even thought of. It made him think more carefully about how much time he had wasted on Luhan. He was abandoning his country and his duty during the two months that Luhan had come into his life.

"He's not just 'any man' but someone I trust and love very dearly. I trust my entire life, as well as this country, with him." Halmeoni responds. Not even an ounce of the anger she was holding back showed in her voice. It would have been unprofessional and a sign of weakness. Halmeoni was not that kind of person.

"Have you forgotten about our contract? How can you just toss my daughter to the side, knowing how deeply in love she is with Sehun?" Gorou says and Haru frowns.

"I still can't believe it! How- with a man?! I'm a woman for god's sake! Who could be better than me? Is he rich? Does he own a large company? Is he a foreigner? French or German? Does he have a high military status?!"

Sehun couldn't help but think of how much their reaction was like his just two months earlier. He had acted the same way, furious, in disbelief, and confused. He had questioned Luhan's ability and social importance.

"He's-" Just as Sehun was about to speak up, Jongin came running into Halmeoni's office.

"Sehun! Halmeoni! I'm truly sorry to disrupt this meeting but theres a emergency!" Jongin explains while bowing to the two Japanese people who had been startled by his disrespectful entrance.

Halmeoni frowns and walks over to Jongin and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"L-Luhan woke up! But he doesn't remembe-"

Sehun quickly ran past Jongin and Halmeoni and made his way to the room in which Luhan was staying at. He hadn't even gone to visit Luhan since the day he had collapsed but had only helped to Kyungsoo, who had fallen asleep there, back to his own room simply 2 doors down.

Why am I running?

Why did I leave Haru behind without an explanation?

"Luhan wouldn't have forgotten me. He couldn't have. He didn't even hit his head that hard. The doctor said he was fine but just over stressed. This-" Sehun found himself muttering his thoughts as he finally arrived outside Luhan's room. It wasn't too far from Halmeoni's office, just a floor up and a few hallways down. He stood outside, catching his breath before slowly opening the door.

His eyes immediately traveled to Luhan who was laughing with Kyungsoo. He seemed to be in stable condition, rather perfect condition with how loud he was.

"Jongin called saying you forgot something." Sehun says casually. He wasn't speaking his a cold tone or giving Luhan any glares but it was rather that he didn't care that Luhan had finally woken up. He acted as if Luhan hadn't fainted for two days because of him and it made Kyungsoo's blood boil. He couldn't forget how his heart nearly stopped when Luhan hadn't woken up after a day and here Sehun was, all casual and indifferent about the situation.

"Forgot what?" Luhan asks, his smile still on his face from his conversation with Kyungsoo.

Sehun furrowed his brows. "Uhm..I don't know. Do you feel as if you've forgotten something?" Sehun couln't help but feel a sense of relief but also confusion.

For sure, Luhan hadn't forgotten him. Luhan was still smiling and talking to him but why wasn't he angry? Why wasn't he crying or trying to ask Sehun what happened? Why was he asking for an explanation to why the marriage was canceled? Why was he so happy despite the marriage being called off?

The memory of Luhan yelling at him just two days ago was still fresh in his mind and it constantly tore at his chest to not give Luhan a solid answer.

"No, but I don't think I would know it if I had forgotten it. Don't you think, Sehun-ah?" Luhan chuckles and Sehun looked to Kyungsoo.

"What's wrong with him?"

Kyungsoo wanted to roll his eyes and ask that question directed toward Sehun but held back his anger with a shrug.

"You should find out yourself."

Sehun stepped further into the room slowly until he was at the end of Luhan's bed. He hadn't even thought of Luhan sleeping in a room other than their own until he stood in the guest room.

"Luhan?" Sehun says, almost as to make sure the flawless boy before him was indeed the man he had painfully rejected two days earlier. The confession had crossed in his thoughts so many times during the day but he never gave himself time to think about it. Even if it was just a few seconds, he would immediately find something to do and take his mind off the subject. Issues with Haru and the Matsunaga family did just that.

"Sehun-ah?" Luhan said almost teasing, and Sehun's heart started beating at a rapid pace. He didn't know if it was out of fear or relief. It was definitely Luhan.

"..Aren't you angry at me?"

Luhan tilted his head in confusion. "No, why would I be?"

Sehun glanced at Kyungsoo before turning to Luhan again. It was as if he was talking to a child, trying to simplify his terms to get the other to understand him.

"Because..our marriage-"

"You and Jongin are saying all these weird things! I don't know what marriage you're talking about!" Luhan says with a laugh, as if it was a joke everyone kept playing.

"What do you mean? We-" Luhan cut him off short and for a short second, seriousness flashed in his innocent eyes.

"You must be sick Sehun-ah. We never agreed to get married."

 


YES! Another update! :D *round of applause!*

I knew I had to make it up to you guys so, ta da! ^.^ And yes, that photo is a picture of how Haru looks like. (That girl is so pretty *^*)

Leave a comment! What do you think of Haru so far? After seeing some of Sehun's thoughts, how/why/what do you think Sehun feels about the situation? Was he really playing with Luhan or was he really in love with him? Do you think Luhan's plan will succeed?

Thanks for reading and being such great supporters! <3

HUNHAN FOREVERR \(^.<)/

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE!