Going To The Palace

Fated To You

A/N: I edited and changed some important parts in the previous chapter so please reread it to get a better understanding of the story! Thanks! <3

"So you're telling me, you didn't go to the palace because you went prancing around town with some nice old lady who bought a huge cake and large amounts of wine and flowers?" Kyungsoo sums up Luhan's explanation as they sat in his apartment kitchen eat Chinese take out.

"Not just any nice old lady. She...I-I don't know how to describe it.' Luhan says, and Kyungsoo's jaw drops further.

"A-Are you out of your mind? I seriously can't even leave you alone for a day! You can't just go around and.. and become someone else's grandson!"

"Why not?" Luhan asks with an innocent pout.

"Because you just don't! And tomorrow I need you to help me out so there's no time to go back to town." Kyungsoo sighs.

"I'm not even sure how I'd be able to legally become part of her family. She said she'd see me at the palace on Saturday..I guess she has connections with the royalty."

"I don't even want to think about Saturday. It's going to be so hectic!"

"Wait..if it's the royal palace, don't they have servants and top chefs to cook the food?" Luhan furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"That's what I thought but they said that it was requested for the townspeople to be as involved as possible. I still can't believe this.."

"You aren't too mad at me, are you?" Luhan looks at his best friend who just simply shakes his head.

"Just make sure you don't make anymore rash decisions. You're constantly making me worry, hyung!" Kyungsoo gives Luhan a reassuring smile before patting his shoulder from across the small table.

"Sorry, Kyungsoo-ah. I'll do better!" He laughs before going back to his food.

---

"Yah! Hurry up, hyung! How could you have woken up so late on such an important day?!" Kyungsoo scolds Luhan as he shuffles around the restaurant, struggling to load all the food into the rented truck.

"I'm sorry! I was caught up reading again and-"

"Don't speak, just help load these!" He tells the older boy before running back into the store. After an exhausting day of prepping a variety of traditional and popular Korean dishes, Kyungsoo was more than exhausted and desperately needed Luhan's support.

"I am helping!" Luhan exclaims, pushing a huge box carefully onto the loaded truck before dashing into restaurant after his shorter friend. It was only 6 in the morning, meaning that they had just gotten a quick 4 hour nap from last night's work, and they were already rushing around to get all the food on its way to the palace. By car, it was much faster to get to the town but with all the traffic, who knew how long it would take. Although only certain people were allowed into the palace, many wanted to at least be in the presence of the royalties as they crown their new king and queen. Even just the slightest glimpse of the new rulers would be satisfying.

At the thought of it, Luhan could feel his stomach twisting in happy knots. He had the privilege of being inside the palace! It had to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

"We're all set now. All 300,500 orders are loaded on these five trucks." Kyungsoo claps his hands before checking his checklist one last time.

"Let's get going!" Luhan says excitedly before hopping onto one of the trucks.

"Yes, yes, to see your 'grandmother'." Kyungsoo says with a sigh and Luhan laughs.

"Well, don't you want to see the palace? I hear its magnificent, and there's a huge garden in the front yard." Luhan squirms in his seat but the younger boy just rolls his eyes.

"You could have seen this all in advance if you weren't so busy getting yourself a new grandmother."

"Just wait till you meet her! You know- I never really had a family so I'm jus-"

"It's okay, hyung." Kyungsoo smiles at Luhan as the trucks start up and one by one head to the center of town. To the palace.

--

As expected, the streets were completely packed and crowded with people and vehicles. Some had even set up camps outside and Luhan guessed that they may have been there for more than a week. 

The sky was glorious on this spring morning and the bright sun blessed all earthlings with its warmth. Luhan stuck his head out the door window and let the occasional wind run through his hair. 

"I'll admit it, this is pretty awesome." Kyungsoo smiles and Luhan glances at his friend. 

"I feel like a VIP or something! We get to skip this whole line and enter the palace!" Luhan says, taking a good look at the full line of villagers and cars packed from the bumper to the trunk. 

"Nothing could ruin this da-"

"Uh, boss?" The driver who sat with Kyungsoo and Luhan called out with a worried expression.

"What wrong?" 

"The fifth truck got stuck in the wrong lane and can't seem to get through the crowded streets. It's basically trapped about 3 streets from here." 

"What?! How far are we from the palace?!"

"Just 5 minutes. Its straight ahead."

Luhan glances at a tall clocktower that stood out from the shorter buildings.

"We have roughly an hour to deliver the food till the delivery time." 

"Oh god, how are we supposed to bring the food in time? The fifth truck has the least amount of food but has at least 70,000 orders! 

"First," Kyungsoo turns to the driver. "Deliver these orders to the palace first. Let them know the last truck is stuck but we will be sure to deliver the food on time." 

"Got it, boss." 

"Luhan, we have no choice." He shorter boy says and Luhan groans.

"Why?!" But nonetheless gets out of the truck, which Kyungsoo follows. They watch as the four large trucks leave, one after another in a single file. Now they were stuck in the sea of people with 70,000 orders needed to be brought to the palace.

"C'mon!" Luhan exclaims and pulls Kyungsoo with him as they jog back to the fifth truck.

--

"67,850!" Luhan calls out as they reach the truck for the thirtieth time. They had got the drivers from the trucks to also help out with the boxes but the truck seemed to never be emptied. Along those trips back and forth from the palace gates to the truck, Luhan and Kyungsoo were covered in all sorts of dirt, food stains, water ("Ew Kyungsoo, please tell me this is water!!" "It's water." "No it's not it's yellow!!"), and sweat. They were probably in no shape or appearance to enter the palace but at this point, they didn't bother to care.

"This was so much more easier when we actually hired a team of workers to do this." Luhan complains, already out of breath. They had ended up renting loading-bikes to make the trips faster and more efficient. With the streets getting more crowded every 5 minutes, the streets felt like different obstacle courses each time.

  "Remind me to never accept reques ts from the palace, or from anywhere that places 300,500 orders!" Kyungsoo huffs. He had the  job of pedaling the bike. It always surprised Luhan now strong the shorter boy actually was. 

"We're at 68,300 now, boss. We'll make the last trip." One of the drivers informed Kyungsoo who just nodded. 

"7 minutes left."

"Let's go Luhan." Kyungsoo calls and Luhan nods, quickly getting onto the back of his bike. 

"I never thought we'd be able to transport all 70,000 but now that we're on our last round, I feel so accomplished!" Luhan cheers but Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at his elated friend.

"Well, you weren't the one pedalling back and forth."

"Love you too, Kyungsoo-ah!" He laughs as they finally approach the palace gates one last time.

"I was literally here more than 30 times within the past hour but we didn't even get to admire the beauty of the palace." Luhan says in awe. 

"While you're at it, enjoy it for my eyes too because after this, I'm going to sleep." Kyungsoo jokes.

"They have a rose garden! Kyungie, look!"

"Kind of busy right now, Lulu." 

Luhan giggles. Literally.

"Hurry up! I can't wait to go inside!" 

"Then you pedal!" Kyungsoo laughs. The excitement and the thrill of being inside the palace was too overwhelming. 

"We made it, Kyungsoo. We did it." Luhan hugs his best friend from behind. He can feel his heartbeat as he breaths heavily.

"We did, didn't we?"   

-------------

 

Hii! :D

Just a quick short filler, #sorrynotsorry

But so far there has been no Hunhan yet! And we all know who Halmeoni is ;D

Thank you so much for subscribing!! (20 SUBS ALREADY?! ILYSM)

and thank you for your lovely comments! I really appreciate them <3 <3 (I legit reread them over and over to keep me motivated to write!)

Comment and subscribe!! \(^o^)/