Questions and Unanswered Feelings

Fated To You

Morning had come much too quickly for Luhan's liking. It had seemed as if he had just shut his eyes and before he even got a wink of sleep, it was already the next day. How could he sleep when a certain stubborn prince who had kissed him, on the lips, was sleeping beside him? He hadn't even gotten an explanation for why he had done that last night!

Unlike other mornings though, Luhan didn't wake clinging to the younger male. To Luhan, this was a relief. He did not look forward to speaking with Sehun about what happened. He was too embarrassed, confused, and just taken back by it.

Luhan realized that Sehun was showering in their bathroom when he had woken up, the pattering of the the spraying water continuously ringing in his ears. With a long sigh, he sat on the edge of the bed, thinking to himself. It didn't make any sense. Sehun wouldn't kiss him. From what he knew, the other male wasn't gay, nor did he like him in that manner.

What if he regrets it? What if it was just a mistake? In the heat of the moment? That's probably it. Sehun doesn't kiss men. He doesn't roll that way.

The moment the sound of the running water stopped, Luhan's eyes immediately widened and his feet stopped swinging under the bed. As fast as he could, he tried to mold himself back into the bed, wrapping himself with his blankets like a fat caterpillar. Just as the bathroom door opened, Luhan shut his eyes as naturally as he could in his 'sleep'.

Really Luhan? This is the best you could come up with?

Luhan could hear Sehun's feet padding on the hard floors. Suddenly, the stream of sunlight that rested on his face was gone and Luhan knew something, or someone, had blocked the window before him.

It can't be-!

"Luhan." Sehun deep morning voice filled the quiet room and Luhan's heart was beating faster than before. He could feel it pounding loudly against his chest. The blood rushed so quickly from his hands, to his feet and back to his head.

When Luhan didn't stir, Sehun carefully reached out and poked Luhan's cheek with his finger. The sudden guesture caused Luhan's eye to slightly twitch. The spot where Sehun had touched seemed to grow warmer and warmer, despite the short contact time. It had lasted for merely a second and yet it felt as if there was a tiny fire sitting on his skin.

"Luhan.." Sehun poked again, receiving another eye twitch, but Luhan refused to give in. He wasn't prepared to face Sehun. He didn't want to see him yet.

He couldn't see this, but the ends of Sehun's lips had slightly curved into a tiny smile. His eyes were watchful, admiring the beauty of the older male resting so peacefully.

Seeing that Luhan wasn't waking, Sehun sighed and squatted down beside the bed, his face just inches away from the sleeping male. Luhan's eyes shut tightly for a second when the light suddenly hit his face again, the brightness attacking his face without an warning.

Did he leave-?

Cautiously, Luhan opened one eye and then immediately turn over with a loud yelp. He hadn't expected Sehun to still be in the room, let alone right in front of him. The second his eyes were able to see, he saw Sehun's handsome face with slightly wet hair pushed back from his forehead. His eyes were silently watching him so intently that he couldn't help but yell out loud. It wasn't everyday that you woke up to someone staring at you watching you 'sleeping'.

Sehun watched the Chinese idiot rolling around on the bed with a struggle, still trapped in his blanket cocoon, before ungracefully falling off the bed with an 'oof!'. Sehun tried to hold in a laugh before regaining his cold composure and walking over to his side of the bed. Luhan wiggled around, failing to get up without his arms or legs.

You did this to yourself Luhan. Why would you wrap yourself in the blankets?!

Luhan's eyes eventually met Sehun and he cringed at how pathetic he must have looked. From the ground, Sehun was much taller and he didn't look amused.

"What are you doing? Pretending to be a caterpillar?" Sehun raised his eyebrow with his arms crossed across his chest. He tried to not think about how adorable Luhan looked when he looked up at him with wide eyes and embarrassed pink cheeks.

"N- I-I-"

"Now the maid is going to have to clean our blanket again." Sehun rolled his eyes with a frustrated sigh before leaving the room.

Luhan frowned. It wasn't that he had forgotten that Sehun, the same boy that just walked out on him, had kissed him on their bed just the night before.

It was just that now, Luhan was more confused than ever.

During breakfast, Sehun and Luhan sat beside each other as usual. Since the process of the portrait had begun a few days ago, Yixing and Kris had been eating with them under Halmeoni's request. As always, the old woman enjoyed eating breakfast with his two grandsons and having more people at the table made the first meal merrier. The artist and his assistant seemed be more comfortable with Jongin and Kyungsoo more quickly than Luhan had thought.

"How is the portrait coming along Kris?" Jongin asks, taking in a spoonful of rice and vegetable.

Kris nodded his head cooly, "It's pretty good...but it would be better if the subjects would actually focus on posing rather than flirting with each other." Kris, and eventually everyone else, turned his eyes to Sehun and Luhan, who looked up from their bowls at the same time. Halmeoni was the first the break the silence and let out a cheery laugh. Nothing could explain the happiness she felt at the sound of this news.

"You two lovebirds getting it on already?" She says and Sehun chokes on his soup while Luhan semi-violently coughs on a piece of fish he was chewing. Everyone stares at the two dying boys, desperately trying to find their voices to deny the accusation.

"No! Definitely not, Halmeoni! We're just-" Luhan spoke quickly between his coughs. "T-Talking..!"

Sehun looked over to Luhan. When he didn't say anything, Luhan hit Sehun's shoulder and he quietly came up with an weak agreement. "Yeah..we're not...really...."

Luhan laughed awkwardly, patting Sehun's back. "See? We're just good friends. Ha ha, Kris, you're funny." Luhan says forcefully before motioning for everyone to eat again.

The rest of breakfast continued in short conversations where one would occasionally pitch in a response or two but Sehun remained silent.

After breakfast, Luhan and Sehun didn't spend much time together until they were called to do the portrait for another hour. That, Luhan had been dreading. It would mean that he had to stand in Sehun's warm embrace for more than 60 minutes, 3,600 seconds. And each second would feel like an hour with the younger prince breathing gently on his neck.

"What are you waiting for?" Sehun had gotten to the studio first, already in his position waiting for Luhan to fit perfectly into his chest.

Luhan gulped. "Y-Yeah, I'm coming over..."

He took hesitant and slow steps toward the window that he had been looking out of for the past few days. Though he had looked outside, he had never really been observant of what was there. Sehun's presence had always distracted him from thinking straight. Or of anything really.

Once in position, Kris resumed his sketching and Luhan tried not to think about the warm hand on his waist, or the comforting warmth of Sehun's chest against his small back. They didn't speak and Luhan tried to absorb himself into counting the number of roof tops he could see across the center of town. From there, he could see the tiny souvenir shop he and Sehun had gone to, the fountain in which the younger male had fallen into with Halmeoni's beautiful statue still standing tall and proud.

He tried to distract himself with anything from thinking about Sehun and their kiss last night. So many questions continued to pile up in his mind, all unanswered.

Why did you kiss me?

Do you like me? How do you feel about me?

Did the kiss mean anything?

Do you even remember the kiss?

Was it an accident? A joke?

Tell me something, Sehun! Anything.

Luhan sighed and continued to scan the beautiful lands of the kingdom under Halmeoni's rule. He noticed a beautiful white carriage led by 2 white horse leaving the palace through the path along the rose garden to the exits.

"That carriage...it's so beautiful.." Luhan stares with awe, watching it smoothly roll out of the gates and far away into the crowded town streets.

"Do you want to ride in one?" Sehun asks and Luhan immediately lights up at the idea.

"Can we?!" Luhan turned around too suddenly and was once more suddenly faced with Sehun's beautiful face.

They stood so close that they both must have been holding their breaths because there was no way they couldn't feel each other's breathing with the short distance between them.

Sehun's eyes searched Luhan's before he responded. "We can."

It was only when he said that that Luhan realized what he had said.

"Oh, a-awesome.." Luhan smiled, trying to not show how much Sehun had affected him with just two words.

And that's what they did that evening after their portrait session was over. After receiving permission from Halmeoni, who happily told Mr. Lee to be their driver, Sehun and Luhan went to the carriage station right outside of the palace. Luhan chose a white carriage, one similar to the one he had seen earlier from the studio window.

"Why white?" Sehun had asked as he helped Luhan onto the tall carriage first. Luhan tightly held his hand for support, avoiding Sehun's gaze, before also pulling Sehun up with him.

"Cuz' it's pretty. And slightly romantic." Luhan replies without thought before realizing the misunderstanding Sehun could have gotten. "I-I mean, I'm sure couples don't go on the black one. It looks like its for funerals."

Sehun looked at him and Luhan slapped his forehead. "Then again we're not a c-couple so it wouldn't make a difference...right.." He nervously laughed and looked out his window, trying to hide how red his face had become.

The ride was bumpy at first but as they got further away from the busy streets of town, the road became wider and smoother, as it was often used for cars to transport goods and tourists in and out of the main road.

"It's so beautiful." Luhan rests his arms on the edge of the window and rests his head on them, letting the soft wind blow through his hair. It had been a while since he had actually gone out of the palace and like a trapped prisoner, the outskirts of town was like a taste of freedom.

"My parents," Sehun starts and Luhan turns to look beside him. Sehun's head was also turned, admiring the beauty of nature. "they were really devoted to keeping the kingdom surrounded by the natural beauty of Korea. It really brought the people together and just having such a peaceful country of mountains and ever green forests all year round just made life...enjoyable. Halmeoni is doing all she can to preserve the forests and national parks in Korea. When I become king, I, too, want to keep my country as beautiful as it is now. It's the least I can do for my parents."

Luhan sincerely smiles at the other male, who also turns to him. "It's great to hear that. I'm sure you'll be a great ruler for your country and for your people. You'll be amazing, Sehun."

The corer of Sehun's lips lift for a quick second. "Thanks."

Their eyes met again and it didn't take long for Luhan to realize that Sehun was slowly leaning towards him. He leaned back, away from Sehun's advancments but when his back came in contact with the soft seat cushion, he knew he couldn't escape. He had to face the problem in order to get answers.

Before Sehun could get any closer, Luhan pushed him away with his hand on Sehun's chest.

"Stop! Stop." Luhan shut his eyes, lowering his head. Suddenly, Mr. Lee stopped the carriage and Luhan just remembered that Mr. Lee was out in front of the carriage. The man got off the driver's seat and walked over to Luhan's door with a concerned expression.

"Is there a problem, Luhan?" Mr. Lee took note of how close the two boys were sitting before the young prince rolled his eyes and sat back to his own side, out of Mr. Lee's view from outside.

Luhan let out an awkward laugh before shaking his head. "N-Nothing's wrong. I was just talking to Sehun, he's being a little..weird."

Mr. Lee let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear. Shall we continue the ride?"

He smiled at the kind man and nodded. "Yes, please." And with that, Mr. Lee walked back to his seat and the carriage was soon moving again.

Luhan breathed out before looking over to Sehun who was now sitting further from him. The distance bothered him. Why was he suddenly sitting so far away?

"Sehun..." Knowing the younger male, he was probably frowning, pouting, or scowling to himself.

"Sehun.." Luhan tried again.

"..What?" Sehun mumbles. He was leaning his head against the carriage wall, looking at the trees as they passed by.

"What's wrong?"

Luhan wanted to know. He wanted to understand.

Sehun sighed and turned his body to face Luhan. This time, Luhan didn't avoid him. That wouldn't have been the right thing to do.

"Tell me, Sehun. Why do you keep acting strange? Are you ill? Is your sickness getting to you?"

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. "Is that what you think this is?"

Luhan blinked. "Is it not?"

Almost annoyed, Sehun runs his hand through his soft blonde hair that was split and styled perfected from his center line. The black color of his roots were starting to show.

"You think I'm doing all this because I'm ill?" Luhan couldn't tell if he was mocking him or genuinely asking this question.

"Well, yes. Like last night...you k-k..ki..kissed me. You kissed my lips." Luhan finally spit the words out. He finally brought up the topic that had been nearly driving him insane since the moment it had happened.

Sehun searched Luhan face but he couldn't find the emotion he was searching for.

"From that, you should know my feelings,, "

But Luhan still didn't understand. "I don't know Sehun. Why did you kiss me? Why did you just go to sleep without telling me anything? Did that kiss even mean anything? Do you regret it? Is that why you didn't bring it up this morning? Why? I thought maybe..you weren't thinking straight or something.. "

Sehun sighed.

"You're such an idiot."

Within 5 seconds, Sehun reached over and pulled Luhan's wrist, causing the shorter male to fall on top of Sehun's body. Luhan's breathing was uneven and his mind was racing. Despite their unusual position, Sehun still holding tightly onto Luhan's arm, their eyes never tore away from each other's stare. The warm chocolate color of Sehun' eyes held so many emotions while Luhan's hazel eyes seemed to draw Sehun closer and closer. The force of attraction was so strong, Luhan couldn't move away even if he wanted to.

A sudden bump in the road caused the carriage to jolt from side to side and Luhan found himself losing his balance. Now their faces were merely inches apart for the third time within 24 hours and Sehun's other hand had automatically rested on the curve of Luhan's back.

"I thought I made it clear to you last night. How I feel, what I think of you..That kiss, wasn't a mistake. Whether I regret it or not depends on your response but it was not a mistake. I realized," Sehun's voice was low and his eyes bounced from Luhan's beautiful eyes to his soft pink lips that tempted him. "..you're my illness. You're contagious and before I knew it, you infected me. Every part of me..And now, you can't leave me. I won't let you."

Sehun observes at the scar on Luhan's lower lip before his gaze meets with Luhan's stare. There were so many things Luhan was feeling and he couldn't think properly. Not after what Sehun had told him.

Does Sehun like me?

He wanted to kiss me last night?

What does he mean when he says I can't leave him?

"The real question is," Sehun leaned impossibly closer that if the carriage shook just a little bit, their lips would be pressed into a kiss. His stomach was tumbling inside him at the thought but neither did he want to pull away.

"..how do you feel..about me?"

 


OMG that was a long chapter, right? :D Some recommended that the chapters be longer and this one happened to include a VERY important scene ;) The previous chapters were quite y and short so I decided to make it up to you guys with some Hunhan moments >o<

*cough cough I think this deserves a few up votes, right? ;D

Leave a comment! How many of you thought that Sehun would say it was a mistake? How do you think Luhan is going to react or respond to Sehun's question?

You guys are amazing supporters! I'm so glad to have you guys reading my story and it's absolute fantastic reading your hilarious and adorable comments! ^o^

NEXT UPDATE: Wednesday ;) (gotta keep you guys on your toes!!)

Commentttt, Upvoteeee, Subscribeeee! :D <3 <3 <3