Hurt

Fated To You

"I know...that you have feelings for me."

Luhan blinked, no words escaping his mouth. He was speechless. Him? Feelings for Sehun?

"...Me?!"

"Yeah, that's why you've been so clingy all the time, right? You want to spend time with me and get my attention. It's so clear that you have a crush on me." Sehun explains as if he knew what Luhan was thinking all along.

But he was so wrong.

Luhan didn't know whether to laugh at this ridiculous idea or to scoff at Sehun's arrogance. Where was Sehun getting this from?

"Wha- You must be crazy if you think I like you that way." Luhan didn't know what to think. Had he done anything to make Sehun think that he had a crush on him?

"Yes you do. I can see right through you."

Luhan huffed. "I do not."

"Do, too." Sehun argues stubbornly. His confidence was starting to get to his head and it annoyed Luhan more than it should have.

"Who are you to tell me how I feel? What about you? Why are you nice to me sometimes? Do you perhaps like me in that way too?" Luhan raises his brow as Sehun looks at him in appaul.

"What?! You're the crazy one now. I don't like you in any way!"

"Why not? You helped me all week when I was injured, and you're even carrying me on your back right now. If you really hated my guts, you wouldn't be doing these things." Luhan smirked, knowing that he's caught Sehun in his own game. Serves him right for accusing me of liking him.

"That-..I had no choice but to do that under Halmeoni's request. That week was like entering hell for me. You know how annoying it was to stand outside the bathroom while you showered, or walk you around the palace even just to go to the bathroom!? And now I'm still stuck with you even after you've completely healed, too. Everyone has been treating me like trash, the servants, the cooks, even Jongin! They treat me like some peasant while you're suddenly a king. News flash, you're not! You've been stealing away my perfect life and ruining it as you frolic in the rose gardens and sip on tea as if you're actually born into royalty. You try to up to me, being kind and thoughtful, but it actually disgusts me. What else am I supposed to think when you're so attached to me all the time, like literally attached. In the morning when I wake up, when I'm doing my own things, and even right now, you're so clingy. I hate people who stick their noses into other people's business. Can't you just keep out of trouble and stay out of my life for once?!" Sehun finished his rant and the strength from his arms supporting Luhan slowly decreased. He didn't know where all these unspoken thoughts came from but after two weeks, it was already driving him insane. Some of them weren't even true but th words came flying out before he could even stop himself.

Even though their bodies were so close, Sehun couldn't feel Luhan's heart nearly stop beating in his chest. There was a constant stabbing that made his fingers clenched onto Sehun's shirt weak. His grip slowly loosened and part of him felt numb. What was this feeling? Disappointment? Betrayal? Why did this hurt him so much? He knew that the younger male had disliked him, but not to this extend of hatred. It made him feel like an outcast, as if he was just someone in the way. He was a bother, a pest, an annoyance. He knew it himself but when Sehun said it, everything seemed to make more sense. The truth came with so much pain. The uneasy feeling in his stomach caused Luhan to tightly shut his eyes. Over the recent years, he hadn't felt much sadness living his average life with Kyungsoo. He never felt so ashamed and unwanted until he met Sehun.

"You're right. I do want to get your attention sometimes but not the way you may think. I know..that you don't like me very much. I know that I've also bothered you a lot during my long and unwelcome stay. And I know I wont-no, I can't ever be a real part of the royal family. We're too different. I never meant to ruin your life, to make you feel like you're in a living hell. I've gotten us both tangled in this mess and I know it's all my fault. This marriage deal is absolutely ridiculous on it's own. There's no benefit marrying me. I'm clumsy and quite slow, I'm not very smart either. I have no wealth or high social ranking. I'm not special..I'm quite pathetic actually.  It's true, that I have nothing to offer to the royal family and to this kingdom." Luhan slowly slid off Sehun's back and walked ahead of him, not turning around to face the young prince. He was too ashamed to. They stood about 8 feet apart, with no words exchanged for a few seconds.

The sky was now growing darker by the minute and they both knew Halmeoni would send a few servants to look for them if they didn't return soon. For once, Luhan wasn't looking forward to the mackerel at the dinner table. He didn't look forward to seeing Halmeoni either. He knew he'd be letting her down again. He didn't want to see Kyungsoo, the only person who would whole heartedly support everything he did. He was almost madly in love, though he wouldn't admit it, with Jongin and Luhan's actions would only hurt him too. Why couldn't he do anything right? How did this argument come about? Everything was going so well.

"But..If there was one thing I was hoping I could do for you," Luhan managed to voice the last few thoughts on his mind. He knew he shouldn't but he was on the verge on tears. His efforts had gone down the drain. "....it was to be a friend. Whether I was a good or a bad one, well, it's up to you...I-I'll get going first. I don't want to get in the way, again."

Sehun watched from behind as the shorter male ran away from him and towards the palace without another glance. If he wasn't so deep in thought, he probably would have realized that Luhan hadn't even sprained his ankle from the start. He would have noticed that when Luhan said his right ankle hurt, he had actually pointed to his left foot. If Sehun had paid more attention, he would have known that the tiny bridge Luhan built to cross over to his world was slowly crumbling.  If he watched carefully, he would have noticed the single tear slip down Luhan's cheek.

He should've known that Luhan didn't mean any harm. 

He shouldn't have yelled at Luhan. He shouldn't have pointed out his flaws and made him feel useless.

But he did.

--

"Hyung, where have you been for the pas- W-What's wrong?" Kyungsoo frowned at the sight of his upset friend entering the dining room. Seeing that Sehun hadn't arrived with Luhan, Halmeoni sent a few maids to look for him. Luhan would have told her that he was coming back but he didn't want to see the young prince. He was sure that he didn't want to see Luhan either. He made it so clear. Their already complex relationship was now even messier and more broken than before. How were they supposed to face each other after their last conversation? Luhan wasn't ready to face him.

"Hey Luhan..Where's Sehun? I thought he was with you this afternoon." Jongin comments and Kyungsoo elbows him to not ask anymore questions. It was obvious that the prince had upset Luhan again.

"So, Luhan, how's everything going with Sehun? You two seem to get along pretty well now, unlike the first couple days. It takes a while to get used to his cold personality doesn't it. He can be quite bipolar sometimes." Halmeoni says with a chuckle and Luhan feels his chest clench. Her words were right about the younger male, and Luhan had just experienced it first hand.

"I don't know if I can do this.." Luhan says quietly and Halmeoni frowns. Jongin and Kyungsoo look at each other before turning to Luhan.

"What do you mean, dear? Is Sehun treating you unwell?"

"No! Not at all. Actually,..I'm the problem. I think it'd be best for me to leave-"

"Leave? Why so suddenly, Luhan? Tell me what's wrong." Luhan knew he was hurting the old woman with his words. She had done everything so far to keep him safe, protected, and loved. Everything to keep him from leaving. He was grateful for her care but it hurt him even more to think that all he had done for Sehun with positive intentions had only disturbed, or rather ruined, Sehun's life. All the progress he thought he had made, it was actually the opposite. Sehun was undefeatable, unbreakable.

"I can't do anything to help him..He hates me. He hates my guts and I'm nothing but a pathetic peasant in his eyes. This is going nowhere Halmeoni. I can't change him." Luhan spills and tears start to cloud his vision. How had he once been so confident to get Sehun to fall for him when he could barely create a stable friendship with him? If they couldn't work this out, there was no point in the marriage. And without the marriage, there was nothing tying Luhan to Sehun and the royal family.

"Oh, I'm sure he doesn't. Did he say something?" Halmeoni comforts Luhan, who hung his head with grief and pain. He started at his hands, tracing each winkle and crease. There was nothing he could do.

"Luhan, Sehun doesn't always mean everything he says. Once, he told me to die because I left him in the garden for 2 minutes. I'm still alive- ow!" Kyungsoo slapped Jongin's arm with a glare.

"Not helping." Kyungsoo says in between his teeth before watching Luhan sulk from across the table. It had been a while since he had seen Luhan so upset.

"I'm not that hungry tonight. I'm going to pass on dinner." Luhan stands up from his seat and walks towards the door. Just as he gets to the end of the table, Sehun walks into the dining room with an unreadable expression. They made eye contact for a split second. The silence and tension in the air was so thick that Kyungsoo was sure you could cut it with a knife. The encounter wasn't too long before Luhan briskly walked by him and Sehun casually sat at the table as if nothing happened. It seemed that Luhan was the only person affected by whatever Sehun had said or done.

"What did you say to him?" Kyungsoo stares hard at Sehun, who began to pick up his chopsticks.

"Nothing. He's just sensitive." Sehun lied, taking a spoonful of rice.

"Don't lie. You must have said something." Kyungsoo pushes and Sehun glances up at him with an annoyed glare.

"What? Did Luhan say that I'm the bad guy? He's not an innocent angel, you know? He's not the only person suffering. Why is everyone taking his side?! Everyone treats him like he's special, like he's better than I am." Sehun says with a laugh.

"Sehun-ah, no one said tha-"

"But you all act like it! I hate it! I hate this!" Sehun stands up suddenly, causing the chair to screech.

"Sehun, don't-"

"Don't what, Jongin? You out of all people should know what I've been through. Now some kid comes along and he just ruins everything! I don't care anymore. He needs to leave now. As soon as possible. Give him a whole tank of mackerel if that'll make him leave." Sehun angrily exclaims before walking out of the dining room.

By the time he got back to his room, most of the anger and frustration had disappeared. Most of the things he had said were in the heat of the moment. He looked around at the empty space that he and Luhan shared. Nothing much had changed. With it being cleaned daily by the maids, it was as clean as it was the first day they moved in. Living with Luhan wasn't as bad as he had made it out to be. They had an easy routine. Luhan would shower at night and Sehun in the morning. Sehun slept on the side of the bed furthest from the window and Luhan would grumpily slide onto his side of the bed. In the morning, they'd wake up with Luhan snuggled into Sehun. Sleeping with another person wasn't like anything Sehun had expected. It wasn't too uncomfortable after getting used to the warmth radiating from the body beside him. In fact, it kept him company knowing with Luhan would always be there beside him.

Thinking back on the words he had said to the older male, Sehun could help but regret some things he had said. They were quite hurtful, unnecessary, and partially false comments. Sure, Sehun found Luhan annoying but it wasn't to the point where he was disgusted with the other. And helping Luhan with his injury was tiring but it kept him busy around the palace on days when he was bored on his own.

"But..If there was one thing I was hoping I could do for you, it was to be a friend. "

"..Be a friend."

Luhan's words echoed in Sehun's mind. Did he consider Luhan his friend? Were they ever friends to begin with?

Their relationship began when Luhan first slapped him across the face. And now, they would help each other out once in a while. Sehun found himself doing things he wouldn't even consider for other people. When Luhan first jumped out of the crowd to protect him, it was like something clicked inside his brain. He actually felt special and prioritized. Sehun was always used to the protection, being the royal prince and all, but when it came from Luhan, he actually felt safe for once. It shook his heart. And it scared him.

What was Luhan to him? An older brother? A friend? His fiance? His enemy?

"What are you doing to me, Luhan?" Sehun mumbled, walking over to Luhan's side of the bed. He had ever liked sleeping close to the windows. He frowned, knowing that Luhan also disliked the window side but still agreed to sleep on that side of the bed. When he put more thought to it, Luhan did many tiny things to please Sehun. Even though they were so insignificant, Luhan had still complied to his likings.

"But..If there was one thing I was hoping I could do for you, it was to be a friend. "

"A friend, huh?" Sehun stared at the perfectly made bed. The spot where Luhan slept looked so empty and cold. Sehun always complained that the room was too hot at night and demanded that the windows were left open. Maybe Sehun couldn't completely blame Luhan for wanting to cuddle with him. Why was he noticing these tings now? Why did he feel so bad suddenly?

Sehun walked over and stared out through the open window, letting a night breeze blow against his face. The sky was now completely dark and from up high, he could watch over the entire town. The stars subtly twinkled in the sky, complimenting the bright moonlight. It had been a while since he had actually taken the time to admire the kingdom at night. It was peaceful and quiet. Just how he liked it.

But something wasn't there and Sehun, too, knew that he shouldn't miss it. How could he miss something that didn't belong?

"Yah! Sehun-ah!" Jongin loudly knocked on the room door, causing Sehun to swiftly turn around. The sudden call startled him and snapped him out of his deep thoughts.

"What do you want?" Sehun called back, not quite in the mood to speak with his best friend.

Jongin pushed open the door, tightly holding the handle, out of breath.

"Sehun...L-Luhan.."

thump. thump. thump.

"What happened?" Sehun could himself panicking at the sound of Luhan's name.

Why do I care? I don't. I don't.

"He's..He's gone missing."

 

 


This chapter wasn't supposed to be so long but it'd be too short if I split it so here's a longer chapter for you guys ^o^

Anyone felt Luhan's pain? I'm not very good at writing angst but I love reading it xD I hope this wasn't too cheesy and cliche.

LEAVE A COMMENT!: Where do you think Luhan went? What are your opinions about Sehun?- Is he being a jerk, being rude, etc?

THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING THIS STORY! <3 LOTS OF LOVE <3 I hope you will continue to read because I love writing each chapter and reading your hilarious and lovely comments! You guys always manage to make me smile :D

Comment, Upvote, and Subscribe!