First Attempt

Fated To You

By the time dinner came around, Luhan and Sehun had briefly discussed their strategies to bring more attention towards their hatred towards each other. If their bickering continued, surely Halemoni would do something about it. Something which both boys hoped would be canceling the wedding.

"You know what to do right..?" Sehun whispers Luhan, who simply nods in response. They weren't going to do anything too extreme or exaggerated, just in case it came off too obvious or fake.

The two were slowly following the maid to the dinning room hall where Halmeoni  and Kyungsoo were already seated and waiting for them. In the center of the grand and spacious room, an incredibly long table was neatly arranged with various plates, glasses, and eating utensils. Luhan hadn't expected this sight. Halmeoni waves at her two grandchildren as they entered for supper. Luhan notices his younger friend awkwardly seated beside the older woman. At his arrival, the shorter boy looked up at him with wide and hopeful eyes, silently screaming at him to quickly sit down and keep him company. What had Kyungsoo been doing all this time?

"Halmeoni, are we eating with guests today? Some sort of banquet?" Luhan asks as he took a seat beside Kyungsoo. The old woman sat at the head of the table while Luhan and Kyungsoo sat on one side of the table.

"No, why would you assume that?" She looks at Luhan with a confused expression.

"There are so many empty seats but all the plates are set up..."

"Oh, they're always there. Just take a seat wherever you please." Halmeoni smiles and Luhan happily returns it. It had felt like days since he had last seen Halmeoni after she left for an important meeting. He had almost forgotten that she was the Queen of Korea, which meant that she also had great responsibilities and expectations to meet for her country and her people.

"If that's the case, then I'll gladly take a seat," Sehun says, quickly walking down the row of seats to the spot all the way on the other end of the table. "over here."

"Why would you sit so far away?"  Halmeoni frowns as the food begins to be brought to the table one by one. Most of the plates were served at Luhan's end but the servants also placed dishes on the opposite side with Sehun. There had to be at least 15 seats between them.

"Because it means that I can be further away from that." Sehun says, already beginning to eat his food. He couldn't even remember the last time he ate.

"Now now Sehun-ah, don't be so rude. We have to eat as a family." Halmeoni says, motioning for him to sit closer. Sehun scoffs.

"If we're eating as a 'family', get those peasants out of here."

Ouch.

Luhan tried to convince himself that all these insults were just an act, so that the wedding would be canceled, but they hurt nonetheless. For Sehun, these harsh comments seem to pour out of him so naturally. Too easily.  Sure, Luhan disliked the jerk prince too but not to the extent where he would verbally abuse the other to make him feel bad about himself. Luhan was raised better than that. It also got on his nerves how Sehun was also referring to Kyungsoo as a peasant but he decided to shrug it off. It made the act seem less suspicious.

"Sehun! That is not how to you treat your future-"

"He is not my future wife, husband, partner- whatever you want to call him. I don't want to be tied down to some piece of trash who looks like a 15 year old girl. He doesn't have a good status, reputation, or a wealthy family back ground. He's the only one benefiting from this marriage. Actually, that gay friend of his is too. He's probably just sticking around for the money and luxur-" Sehun's rant is cut off when Luhan slams his hand down on the table. The tension thickened so quickly even in such a large hall. Kyungsoo looked at the older male with worry and concern, afraid that he would do something ridiculous again. Such as slapping the royal prince across the face.

At Luhan's sudden actions, Sehun looked at him with surprise. They had previously agreed for Sehun to do most of the talking and complaining. What was Luhan doing? 

"Hyung.." Kyungsoo tries to speak up but his voice was barely audible.

"What's wrong with not having a good status or not having tons of money, huh? I'm sorry that I was born with such a feminine face and I'm sorry for living such a difficult life on the edge of poverty while you stuff your face with large platters of unlimited food and relax in an extra fluffy sofa. I'm sorry that I'm 'some piece of trash', a worthless peasant, who doesn't deserve any of this royal treatment." Luhan bursts, looking straight at Sehun. "But if there is one thing I am not sorry for, it is that my best friend is attracted to other males. He is someone who I treasure very much and I don't appreciate your unnecessary comments about his uality. I hope one day you'll find a friend who will stick up for you because at this moment, no mater how hard I try to get you to at least respect me as a person, I don't think anyone would want to stay by your side." 

Everyone was speechless by the time Luhan was done. He hadn't expected this at all. It wasn't part of the plan but he couldn't help himself. Luhan and Sehun had made a deal but nothing said that he could also throw insults at his friend. Sehun had definitely crossed the line when he had started attacking Kyungsoo.

Luhan turned to Halmeoni, who seemed quite upset after his sudden actions. "I-I'm really sorry Halmeoni. I didn't mean to ruin your dinner or insult your dear grandson but there were some things I just had to say." He says, almost shyly, before bowing his head.

--

After a very quiet and awkard dinner, Luhan was directed to a guest room in the same hallway as Sehun's bedroom and across from Kyungsoo's room. Halmeoni promised Luhan his own bedroom but he kindly insisted that it wasn't necessary. Which of course then lead to the old woman's assumption that he wanted to share a room with Sehun. ("No no no no no! Definitely no!")

"Kyungsoo-ah, what should I do?" Luhan groans, stretching out his arms and legs on the bed. The room was almost identical to Kyungsoo's. They were both currently resting in Luhan's room, stuffed from the delicious food earlier that evening. Kyungsoo felt the most uncomfortable between Luhan and Sehun, almost like a third wheeler. He didn't even know why he was still at the palace, let alone having dinner with the Queen. Halmeoni tried to talk to him, and even offered him an opportunity to work in the palace kitchen. But to that, Kyungsoo had to refuse.

"Honestly hyung, you're just too protective. You don't have to yell at Sehun every time he talks about my uality. What he says doesn't even hurt."

"But it's not right! He shouldn't call you such horrible names!" Luhan sighs. "We made a deal-"

He quickly cuts himself off before he accidentally told him about their plan. Sehun strictly said to not tell anyone, including Kyungsoo. It felt wrong to hide this from his best friend but it was true that the less people who knew about it, the better it would be for the both of them. And besides, he didn't need to drag Kyungsoo into his problem any further.

"What deal?" Kyungsoo asks, expect Luhan to finish.

"Uh..We made a deal that he would stop calling you rude names but he broke it. It just pissed me off." The older boy quickly made up a lie and made a mental note to tell Sehun that. Kyungsoo slightly chuckled before playfully punching Luhan's shoulder.

"Thanks, Lu. I really appreciate this."

"By the way, what did you do during the 5 hours I was away? Did you hang out with that Jongin guy?" Luhan asks with a curious smile and the younger boy almost immediately turns red at his name.

"J-Jongin? Oh, yeah. We just-" Kyungsoo was cut off my a knock on the bedroom door, which Luhan slowly got out of bed to open. Who could it hav been? Sehun wouldn't have visited; they had agreed to respect each other's privacy.

"Halmeoni?" Luhan asks, surprised to see the older woman smiling at him in the hallway. She quickly dismissed the servant who had accompanied her before making her way into his bedroom.

"Oh, Kyungsoo-ah! I see you two are making up for the time away today." She gives the wide eyed boy a warm smile and Kyungsoo gives her a nod.

"I should probably get going now anyway. It's quite late. And I'm sure you want to speak to Luhan." Kyungsoo says with genuine smile before giving her a respectful bow. "Good night your High-"

"Call me Halmeoni. No need to be so formal, Kyungsoo." Halmeoni tells him and he looks at Luhan with an unsure expression.

"O-Okay. Good night H-Halmeoni." He says once more. It felt weird to be calling the Queen so casually but if she had insisted, he would gladly do as she told. 

"I'll see you in the morning Luhan." Kyungsoo puts his hand on the older's shoulder and gives it a gentle squeeze before walking past him to the door. Luhan just nods at his friend before it was quiet in the room. Halmeoni sat on Luhan's bed and patted the seat beside her. Luhan eagerly walked over to sit beside the older woman.

"What did you want to talk to me about, Halmeoni?" Luhan says with a smile as she took his hand gently in her's.

"About what happened earlier during dinner time.."

 


I really apologize for updating so late but.. 60+ SUBSCRIBERS?! You guys are seriously awesome! I never even expected 10 subscribers so this many of you really means a lot to me <3

But yeah, leave a comment! What do you think Halmeoni is going to say to Luhan? :D

Sorry about any grammar and punctuation mistakes! >_<

Thank you for reading this y chapter and still supporting this story with your amazing comments and subscribing! I love getting to know your opinions on each chapter and it just motivates me to write more \(^.^)/

Love you all very much <3 <3 <3 :)