My Feelings For You (Part 2)

Fated To You

Luhan found Sehun in the palace library 2 days later, reading a heavy hard cover book. Sehun hardly noticed the shorter male sneak in until he took a seat in the chair across from him. Luhan's movements were to careful and slow for Sehun's liking.

It was the first time Luhan had seen the young prince after 48 hours. Sehun hadn't even slept in their room since the day he had confessed. During breakfast, he would only be able to catch a quick glimpse of Sehun leaving the dining room but during other meals, he was never there. Luhan asked Halmeoni where he was but she said he had a few matters to deal with and told him not to worry about it. At first, Luhan didn't mind spending time with Jongin, Kyungsoo or Yixing. In fact, it helped him get Sehun off his mind but when night time came, he couldn't help but miss the blonde haired brat. The bed was just too large for one person and if he rolled onto Sehun's side of the bed, it would have a faint smell of him, making Luhan long for his warm body to cling onto in the morning after.

It also didn't help that he still had to tell Sehun his feelings about him. After his talk with Kyungsoo, he had gone on a search to tell Sehun immediately, fearing that he would change his mind if he didn't. And now, Luhan was back at square one, still confused about how he felt. He had so many things he wanted to tell him, and ask him before he could give him a response.

"Why aren't you with Sehun? Kris is complaining that he needs to work on the painting soon before the oil paint dries up, which makes the blending of colors really difficult." Yixing had told Luhan on the second morning that Sehun was missing.

"If I knew where he was, I'd go to him. But I don't." Luhan says with a shrug and Yixing nods.

"You two are alright?" He asks concerned. They were sitting at a table under a white umbrella in the middle of the rose garden while the two love birds had gone on a stroll together.

Luhan hesitates whether he should tell Yixing the situation. And he eventually did.

"He finally confessed?" Yixing says with a half smile and Luhan doesn't catch on.

"Finally? What does that mean?"

Yixing laughed to himself before resting his chin on the palm of his hand, elbow bent on the table.  "So what did you say? Have you made a decision?"

Luhan looks down, picking at the skin around his fingers.

"Well,..I thought I was but having so much time on my own to think just makes me confused. I talked to Kyungsoo about it but I stilll don't know whether accepting his confession is the right decision." Luhan sighs.

"There is no 'right' decision. Only you know what you want. There's only a wrong decision, and that may be one that you'll regret." Yixing explains, almost as if he was empathizing with him.

"Yixing," Luhan asks. "Have you ever gone through something like this?"

The dark haired male sits back, crossing one leg over the other with his back aligned with the chair.

"Sadly, I have."

"Can I ask what happened?" Luhan notices a tiny hint of sadness that flashes in Yixing's expression.

Yixing slowly nodded. "There was a man that I once loved, and actually I still do. He was tall, handsome, charismatic, funny..everything about him was perfect in my eyes. We were quite young but age is just a number when it comes to love. We had been childhood friends since we were younger but he had fallen in love with someone else. A young woman, a princess to be exact. Compared to her, I was obviously nothing. She was fair, skinny, beautiful, wealthy..everything about her was perfect..in his eyes. Eventually, we grew apart and in order to forget him, I left China and came to Korea, hoping to start a new life. I'm sure you knew how difficult it was to move from your homeland to a whole new country."

Luhan nods and Yixing finishes his story.

"My parents had passed away a long time ago so I had to make a life of my own here. I refused to think of him. Sometimes I would even think I saw him in Korea with his girlfriend but I knew I was just seeing things. It was so hard to get him out of my mind and I knew it was because he was still in my heart...A year later, I had flown to Japan for a short vacation when I bumped into him again."

"The man you loved?"

"Yes. The moment I saw him, I knew that my attempts of running away were all useless. I couldn't move, I didn't want to. If I had, I would have lost him forever. He recognized me immediately and embraced me in a warm hug, one so familiar, it was as if we hadn't even been a year apart. He told me what had happened and that he was no longer with the girl anymore. Instead, he decided to follow his father's footsteps and finally became an artist after taking extensive training."

Yixing looks at Luhan. "But what really mattered the most was that the moment he hugged me, when we reunited after a whole year, I knew, I just knew, I couldn't let him go."

Luhan was confused. "Are you two dating now?"

"No," Yixing chuckled. "It was impossible for me to confess to him without ruining our friendship. That, is more important to me than anything in the world. I'd rather have him as my most precious friend than having him hate me for loving him in a way he will never love me. I don't know whether this is the right decision, but I definitely don't regret it. I'm by his side everyday, and with just that, I'm satisfied."

"Is it Kris?" Luhan asks and Yixing nods.

"I see the way you look at him." Luhan adds with a small smile. "You two, really understand each other...I hope one day you'll find true happiness with him, whether its as you two are now, or something more."

Yixing gratefully smiles at the other. "Thank you...what I'm trying to tell you is, you have to be patient with love, and there will be a moment when you realize your feelings for Sehun. Maybe you may not be in love with him. Maybe you are. Only you know the answer."

Luhan sat for a moment before standing up. "Thanks Yixing."

"Anytime."

During dinner, Luhan asked Halmeoni again, where Sehun was and when he'd be back but she only had an unsure expression that didn't settle well with him. He had barely gotten a wink of sleep in their cold bed and as always, morning had come too soon.

The second he sat his on the edge of the chair, Sehun looked up at him and from Luhan's angle, it looked more like a stare.

"Why are you acting like you have needles in your shoes?" Sehun raises his eye brows.

Just hearing his voice reassured him that Sehun was actually in front of him. Luhan wanted to reach out to him and hug him, tell him how much he had missed him the past to days. But he didn't.

"Uh-I-"

"What are you doing here?" Sehun asks directly and Luhan feels his stomach twist in knots.

Had Sehun already forgotten about the confession? Did he not feel the same about him anymore?

"I-.." Luhan lifted his gaze to match Sehun's. The younger male wasn't startled by the eye contact. "I w-wanted to see you."

Sehun holds their eye stare for 3 more seconds before looking back down at his book.

"Oh, really?" He says, almost monotonely with disinterest. 

"I-I think so. Where were you the past two days?" Luhan asks, trying to start a conversation. His chest felt like it was swelling from nervousness and excitement. He couldn't wait to tell Sehun his response but he was also scared. He didn't know how Sehun would react or what he would say.

Sehun turned the page, not replying.

Luhan didn't take it to heart and tried to lighten the mood. "Sehun, you have no idea how lonely I was without you! I was bored, just wandering around the palace with Kyungsoo and Jongin..There was absolutely nothing to do and to be honest, I missed your stubborn comments. Sometimes I-"

"Are you done?" Sehun says, not looking up from his book with an annoyed tone. Luhan's voice immediately stopped in the silence and it suddenly felt awkward in the library.

"Uhm.." Luhan tried to think but his mind kept going blank. "What else was I going to tell you....Oh, right! Kris said that we should go to have out portrait finished before the paint get's too dry to blend." Luhan smiles.

Sehun turns another page before saying, "Tell him, there's no need."

Luhan's smile falters slightly before he takes a deep breath.

"Luhan, about the marriage-"

Luhan cut him off, wanting to tell Sehun his feelings before he lost the courage. Most of it had already disappeared from Sehun's cold tone.

"Sehun..I've made a decision. A-About your feelings towards me. And there's a lot that I want to ask you but I'll hold onto those questions for another time." Luhan reaches into his pocket and holds the tiny object in his palm before pulling it out and gently placing it on the table space between them. The keychain sparkled under the library lights.

"What's this?" Sehun finally lifts his eyes from the book.

"A keychain. This, is what the bag under the bed held...it's an H. It stands for our couple name..I mean, if you put our names together, it'd be HunHan.. Sehun and Luhan..you get it? It's actually quite catchy if you say it a few ti-"

"So what are you trying to tell me?" Sehun says, glancing at the keychain before him.

Luhan breathed out silently and tried to ignore how fast his heart was beating. His hands were sweaty and his toes were cold in his shoes. 

"I'm saying..I like you, Sehun..I'm willing to go through with the marria-"

"I said there was no need." Sehun says, pushing the keychain back to Luhan and it slides to his fingertips.

For a second, it was as if the world stopped spinning and time stopped on its own. Just between the two of them, Luhan didn't know what was going on. With just a fick of his finger, Sehun had managed to not only reject Luhan's confession so quickly, but also broke his train of thought. Luhan couldn't think. His brain was broken and his heart felt like a rock in his chest. It sat so heavily inside him instilling a feeling he wasn't used to. His lips parted and he blinked, trying to come to his senses.

"..W-What?"

He must have been hearing things. He must have been.

"I'm calling off the wedding." Sehun explained, closing the book he hadn't even finished reading and stood up. Luhan lifted his head to see Sehun's face. He hoped that it was a joke, that Sehun would burst out laughing and tell him that he was happy that Luhan accepted his confession. That he still liked him as much as he had before.

"What do you mean?" Luhan tried to laugh but his expression was almost frozen. The words weren't going in his ears. He didn't want to hear them.

Sehun sighed, pushing his chair back and looking elsewhere before making eye contact with Luhan again. Fear, hurt, and denial written all over Luhan's face.

"Tell me, Sehun! What the hell are you talking about!?" Luhan desperately raised his voice, almost pleading Sehun for an explanation.

Sehun turned away.

"I'm getting married Luhan."

Relief sank into the older male for a short 4 seconds, a sigh coming out unknowingly. "I know we ar-"

"But not to you.. To another person, a woman," Sehun says coldly. "a princess."

 


This chapter isn't very long because it's only a continuation of the previous chapter. I was going to update tomorrow but I had the time today so, ta daa!!

Anyways,  Leave a comment! What do you guys think of this sudden twist? How many of you did not expect this? What happened with Sehun? Why do you think Sehun is acting like this?

This story couldn't be all rainbows and deer (YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?? RAINBOWS?? DEER?? ;D) SO now its time for some angst and drama!

Thank you guys for being so patient! Stay amazing <3 :)

Comment, upvote, subscribe!!