Artists and Assistants

Fated To You

It really didn't make any sense. How it happened. How it could have ever happened in the first place.

Luhan hadn't seen it coming. Sehun hadn't seen it coming. And neither had the other tall dark haired male.

"What the hell?!"

At the sound of Sehun's booming voice, one which Luhan hadn't heard in a while, both boys on the ground immediately pulled away from each other. Luhan's focus turned to the fuming blonde walking over to him while the other male's face turned completely red, mostly from embarrassment and fear.

"S-Sehu-"

"You say you're going to the special event but instead, I find you locking lips with another man? Oh wait," Sehun turned to Halmoni. "Unless this was the 'event' because it surely was an unexpected surprise."

"No, Sehun i-" Luhan was quickly cut off by Sehun's death glare. It didn't help that he was still seated on the ground, making Sehun look even more intimidating.

"Actually," Halmeoni spoke up with a smirk. "This the event."

Sehun and Luhan both stare at the old woman with wide eyes.

"What?" "What?!"

Halmeoni walked over to the two boys on the ground and extends her hands towards each of them, helping them stand up. The dark haired boy was also taller than Luhan, but not as tall as Sehun. He had fairly small eyes, pale skin, and dark black hair, now that Luhan had a better look at him. He was rather handsome and seemed familiar in a way.

Luhan stared at him, eyeing him from head to toe. He wore a white short sleeved button up, tucked into black pants that rested high on his waist.

"This is Yixing." Halmoni motioned towards the said male. Sehun didn't say a word, only narrowing his eyes as he watched him bow respectfully towards Luhan, then at him.

"Hello, my name is Zhang Yixing." He says with a small smile and at that moment, Luhan's eyes widen. A hand flies up to cover his mouth and the oher points directly at Yixing. Sehun furrows his brows in confusion and Yixing is taken back by the sudden attention.

"Y-You-!" Luhan gasps.

Yixing blinks.

"You.....have... dimples!" Luhan fan girls and pokes his index finger onto the other male's cheeks. Halmoni laughed at Luhan's comment and Yixing couldn't help but chuckle at Luhan's reaction. Sehun simply rolled his eyes with a scoff, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yeah..They're pretty deep so I try not to smile too muc-"

"What?! No- that should be a crime! Not smiling when you have so adorable and cute dimples! That is seriously messed up." Luhan frowns, poking at his cheek again and Lay lets out a laugh.

"Well, thank you, your highness." Yixing gently hold's Luhan's wrist and removes his fingers from his face. "For you, I'll smile every day."

Luhan's eyes lit up. "Seriously??" Yixing nods and Luhan jumps.

"Where are you from?" Luhan asks, suddenly curious about his new friend.

"Changsha, China." Yixing says proudly and Luhan's eyes widen in excitement.

"China?! I'm from Beijing!" Luhan smiles, pointing to himself. He hadn't met someone from China in the palace yet and just seeing someone from his homeland made him feel at home, at ease. Sehun on the other hand frowned, clenching his teeth tightly. He was completely being ignored and useless watching the two men's conversation from the side. He felt like an outcast, a bystander, and just unimportant at that moment. Luhan was so focused on Yixing that he didn't Sehun stomp out of the hall with Jongin trailing behind.

"I've heard. Luhan, right?" Yixing asks and the shorter male happily nods.

"Speak informally! We're friends!" Luhan exclaims and Halmeoni smiles at how elated Luhan looked.

"I'm younger, I believe. I'm 21." Yixing tells him, a bit flustered at the sudden friendship status he was awarded. After all, Luhan was basically considered royalty.

"Just by two years- Not a big difference!" Luhan says, too happy to be technical about formalities and s. "I mean, look at Sehun! He's like 19 and he talks informally to me all the time! Right Se-" Luhan turns to the empty hall where Sehun and Jongin were standing before.

"Oh..where'd he go?" Luhan looks around confused before Halmoni laughs.

"It's great that the two of you are getting along so well, just as I knew you two would, but maybe we should see the surprise?" Luhan nods and Yixing smiles along, turning to the doors from which he came from.

--

"Absolutely unbelievable!" Sehun fumed, pacing back and forth in their room. Jongin was seated on the bed, watching his friend rant. He had completely blown up the moment he entered the room. Jongin knew better than to disagree with Sehun for anything at after that moment.

"I mean, he acts as if they hadn't just kissed on the spot! And then he goes on about that kid's stupid dimples!? Dimples are a muscle flaw, okay? A flaw I tell you! That's why I don't have them and since his are so freaking deep, he's extremely flawed! You see what I'm saying here, Jongin?" Sehun turns to look, or rather glare, at the dark skinned male who just nods in head half heartedly.

"Exactly! Dimples are stupid and so is dimple-boy! Who the hell does he think he is?! He just kissed my future wife! Does he have no shame? What, is he from a high class family? Does he own a large business? Does he own a ing country because if not, he should be deported from Korea! Send him back to China for god's sake because he just completely disrespected me! He's not good looking, he's not as tall or fit as I am, and definiely not as handome and talented as I, right?" Sehun turned to Jongin again, who was caught off guard.

"Uh- y-ye-"

"I can't believe this guy! He's all over Luhan as if they've known each other for years! Sure he's also Chinese like Luhan but that is not the point here! You saw how rude he was to me, right?"

"Right." Jongin reassured Sehun, just because he knew the prince needed it. Anything to support that Sehun was correct was helpful in cases like these. Sehun always had to be right.

"And I'm the prince, so I'm definitely better than he is. I'm far more handsome, probably wealthier, and more compatible with Luhan-" Sehun paused, just realizing what he had said. Jongin also paused, the silence becoming too obvious.

"Ha..I-I mean just, as friends, you know?" Sehun awkwardly laughed. "There's no way dimple-boy and Luhan would be better friends than Luhan and I are."

At at, Jongin gave him a weak smile with an unsure nod.

--

"No way! So you're saying you came with Mr. Fan?" Luhan asked, resting his elbow on the table.

He sat with Yixing inside the room they had met outside of. Once entering the room, Halmeoni explained that the event was to have his and Sehun's portrait painted by their palace artist Kris Wu, Yixing was Kris' assistant and Luhan was more than curious about how he came to Korea. He discovered that Yixing was 21, just two years younger than he was while Kris was 22.

"That's right. We were in China and Japan the past two weeks studying deeper into the historical art forms used in the past. Then, we recieved the message about the Queen's request of our return to the palace." Yixing explains.

He had been rushed by Kris to inform Halmoeni that he was not prepared for the portrait painting today, which was the cause of the kiss incident earlier.

"That's so cool! You two basically travel and create art together!"

"Kris and I have been friends for many years, since we both came from China. It feels more like a lifetime hobby rather than a job, really." Yixing smiles, looking over at the tall man yet to be introduced to Luhan face to face. After he was done talking to Halmeoni, he came over to the two men seated at the other end of the room.

Luhan blinked, tilting his head back to make eye contact with the blonde giant. He was taller than Sehun just by a bit. His face was definitely handsome but not as intimidating as Sehun's.

"Hello, the name is Kris Wu, but just call me Kris." He says with a respectful bow. "Sorry about the event. Yixing and I just came back yesterday and I still haven't organized all my things yet. I hope you aren't too disappointed."

"No! Not at all! I've seen some of your paintings in the hall downstairs. Amazing works you've done!" Luhan compliments and Kris lets out a confident laugh.

"Well..I am quite an artist." At that, Luhan simply laughed. He liked Kris, not to mention that he too was from China. He seemed to fit right in with them. He and Yixing got along so well, and were even able to converse in their native language. Luhan hadn't spoke in Chinese for so long, just hearing it made him feel relaxed.

"So, when do you think we can do the portrait?" Luhan asks with an excited smile.

"The soonest would be tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. It's an honor to paint you, Luhan. Your complexion is seriously perfect, man," Kris says and Luhan blushes.

"Oh, thanks? It's an honor to be painted by you...dude." Luhan addresses informally and Kris nods.

"I heard you and Yixing had a little accident outside."

"Well, it really was nothing. Sehun, being the stubborn and dramatic kid he is, just blew up because of one kiss. Yixing already cleared it up." Luhan tells him and Kris looks at Yixing who softly laughs.

"You kissed him?!"

"It was an accident!" Yixing explains, feeling the heat under Kris' stare. "I-I'll be careful next time Kris. Promise!" 

Luhan could tell that they had a pretty close relationship, not just by how they spoke so care freely to each other, but by how comortable they acted with each other.

"But aren't you engaged to Sehun? No wonder why he was so loud and angry. I heard his voice from inside here!" Kris kept his tone light.

"It's a long story. Sehun's always like that."

Kris chuckled in agreement. "You can say that again! My father has been working with and painting the royal family since he was also an apprentice. He's seen Sehun since he was a child and let's just say so far, there hasn't been a good painting of him."

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. "I think there's one hanging in his room..didn't you paint that?"

Kris thought for a moment before bursting into laughter. "Oh god, that one? How did you even see that? That one is hilarious!"

Luhan too laughed at the memory and Yixing also seemed to know which painting they were talking about.

"That was a while back. I gave it to him as a present but I'm sure he doesn't like it. I had to paint that using a dozen photographs of him so the proportions and his facial features aren't exactly on point. He refused to have his portrait painted for months, so that was the only solution we could think of the get the painting done." Kris explained and Luhan listened with his full attention.

"Geez, that kid is such a pain!"

"You can say that again. I'm not surprised he didn't show up today, either. I could never get him to sit here for 3 or 4 hours while I paint him. I thought maybe you could."

"He did come but after seeing Yixing and I, he stormed off with Jongin."

Kris glared at Yixing, who playfully laughed it off, his eyes saying 'sorry, my bad.'

"I'm sure he must have really been taken back. I mean, If I found someone I cared about kissing another person, I'd probably be pissed too." Kris crossed his arms over his chest and Yixing nodded in agreement.

Luhan quickly waved his hands in front of him, shaking his head. "No, no, no, it's not like that. He doesn't like me that way- actually, he probably doesn't even care for me. I'm sure he was just surprised."

Kris shifted his weight to one leg, slightly slouching in his position. "Well, it didn't seem that way to me."

 


Hello again lovely readers! :)

This chapter is quite short and not the most interesting but I know most of you are looking forward to reading jeaous Sehun ;) it'll come, don't worry!

Leave a comment! How many of you thought it would be Yixing? :D How do you think Sehun is feeling?

So close of 9000 reads! It may not seem like a lot compared to other stories but this is seriously more than I could ever asked for! Also, almost 30 up votes?!?! That is crazy! Thank you so so so much! <3 <3 <3

Comment, Up vote, and Subscribe! ^.^