First Mistake

Fated To You

It didn't really make sense to Luhan how it all happened. He could barely recall what page he had been reading the previous night, before completely passing out on his bed in his shoebox apartment. Sure, he's made alot of mistakes in his life, okay maybe a few too many, but he was only human.

And that was the problem with the entire situation. At least in Kyungsoo's point of view.

"How in the world- why did you accept?!" the shorter boy exclaimed, pacing back and forth in the kitchen of his restaurant. Luhan wasn't sure if he was being scolded by his best friend, for it really didn't seem to be as complicated as he made it out to be.

"Why not? They said it was urgent. How could I turn them down?" Luhan says with concern. Kyungsoo mentally punches Luhan for being so gullible and innocent at the age of 23.

"Do you not understand what you've just gotten yourself into?! Have you even thought about the consequences of your actions?!" Kyungsoo raises his voice, causing the two other staff workers to glance over at the two men standing in the middle of the busy kitchen during rush hour.

"I.. It wasn't-" Luhan couldn't get the words to come out of his mouth. Like almost every thing he decided to do, he almost regretted it immediately, and this cycle continued.

The restless chef breathed in and out, attempting to calm himself down, before pulling Luhan with him to the employees' room for a more private conversation.

"Answer me slowly. Luhan, what did the old man say?"

"H-He said that he needed a great food service that would be able to supply for the royal prince's wedding this Saturday, and I said that we could-"

"The royal prince's wedding?! This Saturday?!" Kyungsoo almost fainted from hearing this.

"Yeah, isn't it great? He said that they'll give free promotions, guaranteed to boost up your business by 95%!" Luhan tells his best friend and Kyungsoo didn't have the heart to scold the baby-faced man that it really wasn't necessary. After being kicked out of his house for being gay two years ago, Kyungsoo opened up a small restaurant with the money he had saved up for his college tuition. At first, it was difficult to get business running but with Luhan's help and Kyungsoo's cooking skills, they eventually had enough visitors and regulars to keep the money rolling in.

Kyungsoo knew his best friend had only done this with best intentions but this was a once in a life time opportunity that he just hadn't expected.

"Did he give you his number or any contact information? How can you be so sure this isn't a scam?" he asked the older, who simply pulled out a fancy business card.

It had to be the real thing. Just this simple piece of paper was stamped with an official seal, along with tiny gold flakes pressed into the thin card. Just this simple paper could have been worth hundreds or burned to ashes from a single flame.

"L-Luhan..I-"

"You can do this, Kyungsoo-ah. I believe in you. This is your chance. Your chance to change your life around. To prove your family wrong. To start a new life!" Luhan encouraged the younger male, who could only look at him with wide, teary eyes.

"Is this real life? I don't deserve any of this. We're just regular people! Humans! We're flawed, careless, and greedy beings. And this is the royal prince we're talking about! The union between two supreme powers who have ruled over our country for ages! What have I done so great in my past life to be granted such an opportunity?" Kyungsoo weaped as all the memories of his 'old' life and family came to mind.

But Luhan was right, it was time to start a new chapter, a blank page.

"Thank you Luhan. I really- just thank you." The shorter boy said, before embracing his best friend in a tight hug.

That was the beginning of it all.

That was Luhan's first mistake.

 

---

Hello! This was just a quick and short chapter to get the plot started :)

I hope this is getting you interested in the story ^.^

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment on what you think so far! <3 <3