9: The Woman in the Blue

Living as a Vampire III

SEOHYUN

  After the day Hyoyeon woke up from her unconsciousness, everything came back to normal. Normal day, normal times and normal activities we had. It's all good and great. Taeyeon and Hyojeon were now fine, like it came back to their normal sister-to-sister relationship. Tiffany and Jessica didn't go well these days, they started arguing since we knew she had already left in our group, but still her contract with SM got a slow progress.

 

  Sooyoung and Sunny told us that they encountered Hyuna on their way to are apartment, thankfully, Sooyoung had won their fight. Well, that's a relief. But we have to be aware of her.

 

  "I've been thinking this question for three weeks and all you can answer is a huh?" I can hear Tiffany's outrage voice in a distance. There we go again, another argument. "The word huh, is not really my answer, Tiffany. I guess you don't understand why I need to be on my own." I just heard Jessica's soothing voice, trying to calm her girlfriend from rage.

 

  "I've done all of my efforts just to be with you, then you weren't doing anything to give back the effort that I gave you." Tiffany spat.

 

  "Not doing anything? Wait, so you are saying that I'm the problem now?" Jessica answered back with a glare, Tiffany answered a big YES. Then the ice princess scoffed, "Then who gave you bouquets of expensive flowers after you performed with Seohyun and Taeyeon? Who gave a box of expensive chocolates when you were in New York? Who picked beautiful clothes for you to have a presentable image in the awarding ceremonies?"

 

  "Obviously, it's Jessica Jung. She's the only one who was more beautiful, more presentable and more arrogant than anyone on earth does!"

 

  Jessica starts to create a snowball in her hand while Tiffany starts to create a tornado around her, then they throw each others' attacks. "Whoa, STOP!" I raised my arm to form a force field between them, the two angry couple glanced at me with their bloody red eyes. "Are you guys trying to destroy the HQ?" I asked them, but they stayed silent and glared at me. I gave them a nervous smile, trying to hide the frightened look of me, "Maybe you should fight each other in the training room if you want."

 

  "Paging Seo Joohyun, Tiffany Hwang, Jessica Jung, Lee Soonkyu to come inside the briefing room..." The PA announced us to head to the Briefing Room.

 

  "Maybe you should step aside your arguments, we have visitors to come." I am trying to smile in front of them, and trying to calm from their ravaging waves in their heads.

 

  Jessica and Tiffany gave their one last glare, "We're not over yet, Ms. Toodler-Like-Woman." Jessica was the first one who turns her heels and walked away. "Yes, we're not, Ms. Cold-Hearted-Woman." Tiffany flipped her hair and pouted as she walked to the opposite way. Then they leave me isolated and unfigured.

 


 

  Okay. I was wrong. That everything came back to normal phrase is not really came back to normal. Hyoyeon had a problem of figuring who she was, she even don't know Taeyeon was her sister. Tiffany and Jessica, were a in a bit of misunderstanding (But they almost killed each other if I weren't there to stop them).

 

  Hyojeon had this eating problems after Hyoyeon woke up, she paid her attention on working the equipments and not eating her favorite food, a vegetable salad. She answered me that she's still full but it's kind of weird that she never refused eating vegetable salad. Maybe she's not in the mood to eat yesterday.

 

  "Come on, Seohyun. Didn't you get used to their arguments? They're like the third Taeyeon and Stephanie." Yoona chuckled, I pouted and elbowed her. "Ow! What was that for?!" she jerked, "You and Sooyoung are the second Taeyeon and Stephanie." I answered.

 

  "Did I just heard my name?" Sooyoung winced at the two of us, Sooyoung was just beside Yoona and Stephanie was beside me, looking at me as I mentioned her name two times. Anyways, Jessica and Tiffany are parted from their normal seats, they are in the opposite corners now.

 

Jessica Hyoyeon Taeyeon Stephanie Seohyun Yoona Sooyoung Sunny Yuri Tiffany

 


  Few moments later, Director Oh came with a pile of papers in his hand. "Sorry, ladies, if I kept you waiting." he greeted with a clammy smile, we stood up and bowed, "Good afternoon, Director Oh." we greeted.

 

  "I see you all energetic, huh?" he commented.

 

  "We are always energetic, Director Oh. But there's one of us is always not fond of smiling, am I right, Jessica?" Tiffany answered and shot a grin to Jessica, but Jessica is still in the same expression and not looking at Tiffany. Director Oh smiled again and put the papers on his desk and typed his keyboard, then a picture appeared in the screen in front of us.

 

  A blue logo, a blue bird.

 

  That's the same logo I saw on the blonde woman that I met in the woods, she even called me cupcake. "As you can see, I have show this picture the last week's meeting. I mentioned last week that you will be collaborated with the infamous group..."

 

  "Were they the ones who eliminated the hydra seven years ago." Yuri said, "Yes, they are vicious and has the same skills are yours." Director Oh agreed.

 

  "Since you are the highest and top 10 skillful hunters in the BBS Hunters' Ranking, we decided to find a group to collaborate with you in this SSS-rated mission. Then a league of hunters volunteered to collaborate, they are willing to help us in the times of need." He said and adjusted his eyeglasses.

 

  Stephanie scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Hey, Director. We don't need them to collaborate with us, we can do this triple S or any kind of rated missions you want to order us." she said, trying to throw the thoughts of the director. But he just smirked, "I bet you know them, or you know some of them."

 

  That makes us curious, "Know them? We didn't even met them yet." I said.

 

  "Ha! I know one of them." Sooyoung proudly said with a proud a smile and put her shoes on the desk, "Hey, shoes off!" Sunny said. She laughed and put down her both feet, "Sorry, Sun!"

 

  "Seems to be an interesting meeting we got here." Taeyeon commented while looking at her nails, "Very interesting, Commander Kim." he answered. "You will be surprise if I called them at once." he added with a little chuckle.

 

  "Just say a word, Director." Jessica carelessly said while swinging her leg.

 

  Then I felt this unusual and familiar atmosphere that came through me, then a screechy sound hollered in my both ears. I closed my eyes and eased the screeching sound, it messing my eardrums over and over. "Are you okay, Seohyun?" Yoona had noticed that I was struggling, I nodded as the screeching sound faded.

 

  I have found you, Seo Joohyun. A voice came through my mind, making me goosebumps. I simply look around and there's no sight of her.

 

  "You will be collaborated with the group called Blue Hawks." Director Oh gestured someone to come forward. I heard an eloquent step coming from the platform. Then I felt that my body was shaking unreasonably.

 

  My eyes widen and at the same time I gasped. All of us were shocked.

 

  In front of us...

 

  ...was the person we thought that was long dead.

 

  The woman in white backless dress and orange hair. Her ageless face didn't rot for 400 years. Her dark vermillion orbs are staring at mine. Her smile, is mixed with sarcasm and sincerity.

 

  "Good evening, I am Catharine Annaliza de Azul, the leader of the Blue Hawks."

 

  She already found me...

 


 

  By the time Catharine came, I felt everyone's emotions. Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Jessica, Yuri and Stephanie felt anger. Sunny, Sooyoung, Tiffany and I were shocked. While Yoona...

 

  She felt betrayed and thought it was a lie.

 

  But how dare she ignored all of it just by herself?

 

  "How about you, Seohyun?" I startled as Director Oh called me. I winced at him, not to make an eye contact to Catharine, who's beside him. "C-Come again, s-sir?" I said, he sighed and adjusted his eyeglasses.

 

  "What have you found something in the coffee shop where Commander Kwon Jiyong always have his coffee everyday?" He asked about our investigation last week.

 

  I stood up slowly, still avoiding to make an eye contact with her. "According to our investigation, o-one of the waitress knew Commander J-Jiyong. She said she witnessed the guy following him until he got outside of the shop." I stated and slowly got on my seat, I can feel Catharine is eyeing me all the time.

 

  "So, according to Ms. Seo that the victim always went inside of the shop to have a coffee..." And then and on, Director Oh keeps speaking to her to study about the investigation. Catharine just nodded and noted in a paper, she's like another person talking to a director.

 

  "Why?" I heard Yoona spoke after 45 minutes silence, I glanced at her. She just looked down and still in a shock, "Why she is alive?" She whispered and clenched her both hands. I don't have any idea why she is alive, Yoona.

 

  We don't have any idea why she is alive. No clue. But I was the first one who knew she's alive, I kept it a secret for seven years.

 

  "Seo Joohyun," and Director called me again so I looked to him (and still avoiding an eye contact with Catharine), "Y-Yes, Director Oh?" I respond. "You will list down all the possible objects that may involved in the case." He assigned me, I nodded, "Yes, sir."

 

  "What rank is Seo Joohyun was?" I heard her asking what is my rank in the Hunters' Ranking.

 

  "She is the 3th, Ms. Catharine." The director answered.

 

  That's when I looked to her, she looked to me with her dark red eyes then grinned. "Hmm, she's the youngest and one of the famous Girls' Generation member." She said, "Not bad," then she put down her pen and starts to be reverent to me, "I thought she's really the weakest member, but you are such a strong woman."

 

  She sighed, "If only you can join us with our league and yet, you are still not in a great condition to join."

 


 

 

  As Catharine was the first one left the briefing room, all of us took a deep breath, so this is all they react if Catharine is in here. I can't talk to Yoona right now, she still recovering from her shock. They can't believe she is alive like this.

 

  I have to check Hyojeon, maybe she's done crafting our new weapons for now. As I was on my way to the Area 3, I felt again the same atmosphere in the briefing room earlier. I stopped as the waves of unusual thing is getting closer and stronger, "I am so glad that I met you personally, Seohyun."

 

  I looked around and saw Catharine, she smiled gleefully like mine. "Catharine..." That's all I could say, she smirked and walked closer to me, "Last time we saw each other in trance, now, we see each other in person."

 

  "We need a little talk, Seohyun. I hope you didn't forget what I told you few years ago." Her face became serious, "What did you told me?"

 

  "About the great tragedy, it will be coming soon." She said, "Someone had been planning to get you again and all she want is your anger." Then she grabbed my arm and pulled on the opposite way.

 

  We went to the women's restroom, she locked the door to have a private talk with me. "Are you sure there's no people in here?" I asked her, "There's none." then she walked closer to me. "Now, we can talk with each other more privately." She said, "I went here to see you... and warn you about the Great Blood Moon."

 

  "Great Blood Moon?" I repeat.

 

  "Do you remember BoA did to you?" she asked, "She tortured me." I answered then she nodded. "She did that to bring you into a raging monster, to let your anger conquer your consciousness, because she wants you to be sacrificed for the succubus." she said and looked around, checking if there were people around.

 

  "Same as her mother's motive, Hyuna wants to get you. Gifteds were the only ones that can be sacrificed, your soul will be dehumanized if the succubus ate it and have your body."

 

  "Succubus? That means, I'm no longer in my body and it all conquered by the soul of a succubus if that happens." I get her point, "Exactly, you have to be prepared at all times. Don't let your guard down." she adviced. "How about you? You are a gifted too." I asked, she sighed, "BoA failed to oppress the soul to ate mine, because I had a moonstone to prevent evil spirits to conquer my body." she explained.

 

  I know talking with the first gifted is awkward, seeing your past self is awkward.

 

  She grinned and took my shoulder, "Don't be, Seohyun. I'm not here to be an awkward you."

 

  "What? How--"

 

  "I have telepathic abilities." she answered, "So you've been eyeing me all the time because you read my mind." I was surprised when she nodded, admitting that she did that. "Seohyun, that's not the only reason why I'm here." she said.

 

  "I came here to see Yoona, too."

 

---

Okay! Another update! Whoooo! Now they know that she's alive!

Stay tuned!