8: Choi in the House

Living as a Vampire III

HYO

  "She's awake!" Two surprising words woke me up inside of Hyoyeon eonnie's room.

 

  Yoona eonnie and Tiffany eonnie were standing in beside her bed, I rose from the couch and walked over to her. "Eonnie!" I greeted with a smile, "W-Where... Where am I?" She asked in a weak tone. "You're in the hospital sector, Hyoyeon eonnie." I answered, she looked to me and smiled. "Hyojeon... You're alive." 

 

  I can't believe she remembered me, I thought she won't. "Yoona, Tiffany, where's everybody?" She asked them, "They'll going down here in a short while, I'm happy that you can still remember us." Tiffany eonnie smiled as her eyes curved as well.

 

  "How could I not? I didn't bump my head, did I?" She chuckled. I hugged her, "Eonnie, I'm so worried about you!" I said, "Aww, my little sister was worried sick about me." She said. Then Yuri eonnie suddenly flickered inside the room, "They're here, Hyoyeon!" Yuri eonnie said with a smile.

 

  All of my eonnies came, "Hyoyeon, thank god, you're awake!" Seohyun eonnie hugged Hyoyeon eonnie. "S-Seohyun." Eonnie smiled at her, "I thanked myself because I'm fine." she answered. "Good thing, you still remember us, blondy hair." Stephanie eonnie greeted, "Some of us were worried because they thought you don't remember them, am I right, Yuri?" Jessica eonnie said.

 

  Yuri eonnie smiled nervously, "Maybe I was just overthinking." then she laughed.

 

  "Hyoyeon!" Taeyeon eonnie came in and run to hug, "Oh god, I'm so sorry, my sister. I shouldn't dared to argue with you last time, I'm so sorry." She said. Hyoyeon eonnie's expression is undefined like she was surprised, "Sister? Are we sisters?" She asked, like she didn't know at all.

 

  That's when we all went silent.

 

  "Yes, Hyoyeon. We're sisters." Taeyeon eonnie tried her best not to cry but she burst in tears, "Taeyeon, why are you crying? You made me confuse." Hyoyeon eonnie remembered us but why she didn't know that Taeyeon eonnie is her sister? "Don't you remember, Hyoyeon? We grow up together. We were making a snowman when the winter comes."

 

  "I'm sorry Taeyeon, I couldn't remember a thing." She said to Taeyeon eonnie.

 

  "Taeyeon, don't interrogate her. She's fine but half of her memories were lost." Stephanie eonnie said and pulled her from Hyoyeon eonnie, "Yeah, you need more time to give her a ponder to remember it." Yoona eonnie said, trying to make things up easy.

 

  Taeyeon eonnie looks hurt as Hyoyeon eonnie can't remember anything, she pulled away from Stephanie eonnie and stormed off again. Stephanie eonnie was going to follow Taeyeon eonnie but I pulled her arm, "Eonnie, let me talk to her." I said. She nodded, "Sure, kid."

 

  "Do you know the possible place she always went?" I asked her, "In the rooftop."

 

  I walked out of the room and went up to the rooftop. As I walked upstairs, I see Taeyeon eonnie kicked the emergency door up there, I fasten my pace to follow her. Finally, I got outside and saw her in a distance.

 

  Just in time, the sun is rising above the sky. Cool breeze of air dampened my face as it goes to the east. Taeyeon eonnie's jet black hair waves along the air as she watched the sunrise, I can hear her sobs and sniffles in a distance.

 

  I took a step forward when she starts talking, "Why?" Then I saw her hands balled into fists. "Why am I so full of myself? Why am I being so careless these days? Why I always blamed anyone though I was the one who caused?"

 

  One step more.

 

  I honestly afraid of her, but I can see she's crying right now. I never in my life saw Taeyeon eonnie cries, I know some of my eonnies cry in variety shows, drama, and open forum but I think Taeyeon eonnie avoids all of that dramatic moments because she had done enough drama long time ago. Even Stephanie eonnie, she says crying will only make you a child.

 

  "Eonnie..."

 

  As I called her, she tilted her head a bit and looked to me with her red eyes. "You." She quickly caught my neck, I can see her fangs were exposed and gritted her teeth, "Why always you?" She tightened at little grip on my neck. "Why Hyoyeon always paid her attention to you?"

 

  She slowly lifted me in the air, causing me to breathe improperly, "E-Eonnie..."

 

  "Ah, because you are her body double." She laughed nostalgically, "Since you came in to our lives, Hyoyeon starts to pay all her attention to you."

 

  "I can't... breathe." I uttered, "You can't breathe? Then I can make you more uncomfortable." She tightened more. "I'm... sorry... Taeyeon eonnie... for everything..." I uttered again, "You humans were so fragile, we can even break your neck in one snap." She said.

 

  "I shouldn't adopted you as a part of our family if this would happened. You are so different than us, you are just merely a human with a bunch of vampires living in one roof."

 

  My anger starts crawling upon me as I saw my nails slowly shaped into claws, I tried to hold my anger and not to burst it. I don't want to show it to her, not in front of my eonnie. I resist myself not to show the claws to her. I resist everything that may cause to transform myself.

 

  I'm starting black out, the yellowish filter were starting to conquer my eyes. "S-Stop..." I muttered and closed my eyes to avoid seeing her with my cat eyes. Then I almost burst my anger when she suddenly dropped me on the ground, I finally get some air and coughed as my throat loosened.

 

  "Your smell..." She sniffed her hand she used to strangled me.

 

  Then she looked to me in curiosity, I avoid looking to her straight because she will know who really am. "You are not a human, are you?" She asked with a firm tone, "I'm a human." I denied and stood up. "And you already said that I'm different." I added.

 

  "Eonnie, just because Hyoyeon eonnie paid all her attentions to me, you started picking on me." Now I had my courage to say what I really want to say, "Why are you angry to me, eonnie? Is it because I almost ruined your performance? Is it because I didn't do anything to save Hyoyeon eonnie?"

 

  "It's not about that, Hyojeon?"

 

  "Then what?"

 

  She looked away and went silent, that was the time I'm getting impatient and I bit mad. "Right now, I need to know what's wrong with you, Taeyeon eonnie. I'm not making a rush but I don't want things to get worst." I said.

 

  Taeyeon eonnie sighed and looked to me again, but her eyes were back to normal. "I'm sorry." She apologized then moved closer to me, "I didn't mean to be angry at you, I just can't realized what I'm doing. I'm sorry, Hyojeon." Then she cried again and hugged me. Now I know what's the reason.

 

  The two of us stayed in the rooftop for a while, we sat at the edge of the building and looking at the blue sky. We've got a moment of silence for a few while then she starts to talk, "You know, I barely talk with you about being a leader." She looked to me with a slight smile.

 

  "Being a leader might be a risky responsibility." I said, "Yeah, I never wanted to be a leader in the first place." She admit and playing with her fingers. "Why?"

 

  "I'm not good in leadership and I'm not a friendly type as well." Then leaned her back from the rails, "But since I hold the light, I had no choice." She held her hand a power of light. Though the sun is brighter than her power, it still sparkling in her palm. "She chose me to become a leader because she knew that I had a potential to lead them." She said.

 

  "She? So you have another member?" I asked.

 

  Eonnie nodded, "She was Catharine, a wise and good woman." She answered. "Catharine's body double was Seohyun. Your Tiffany eonnie found her while she's studying in a university, then, we knew that she'll moved in our place. We barely know her when she died in a car accident, and I was the one who will be responsible to turn her. So I did."

 

  As she finish her story, I look down. "So, Seohyun eonnie was Catharine you're saying?" I asked, she shook her head. "Don't be surprise but... Catharine was already dead."

 

  I jerked as I heard what she said, "W-When?"

 

  "Long time ago." She snickered, "Seohyun was turned when she's in the same age like you." 

 

  Oh, so that's why she looks so young.

 


 

 

SOOYOUNG

  That Hyuna was still the same coward that I know, "That devil is still the same scaredy cat." I grumbled as I saw my clothes were torned after we fought. "Easy, Sooyoung. She already said you won." Sunny said, "I can't believe that she showed up after seven years."

 

  "You should change your clothes, though fire can't burn your clothes, sharp objects does." Sunny said then stood up, "I have a work to do at the radio station later, I'll be there up all night, so..."

 

  "I know, I can sleep alone." She smiled, then she giggled. "Don't be sad, I only do this often." Then she went out of the room. I was going to demand for not having a goodbye kiss, but I smelled like a rotten meat. "Ugh, I should take a shower now." I said and got up from the bed.

 

  After I took a shower for 5 minutes, I walked down to the monitor room. Our apartment was attached with CCTVs all over, thanks for the help of Hyojeon and Irene, I'm one of in charge of monitoring the area. I brought some foods with me while watching over the area, it's kind of bored sometimes not having a partner inside. I was the only one inside the apartment.

 

  Then, I heard a doorbell ringed in the living room. "Who could that be?" I moved the mouse and clicked the CCTV from the porch, there's a woman in front of the door repeating to click the doorbell. Hazel colored short hair, beige coat with a backpack behind, "Kind of familiar..." I look closer to the woman on the screen.

 

  "Hey! Is anybody home?"

 

  I gasped as I recognized that voice, "Oh my..." I stood up and walked up to the living room. "I'm coming!" I yelled as I ran closer to the door and opened it, our eyes widen as we looked to each other.

 

  "Sooyoung!"

 

  "Summer!"

 

  We hugged each other as we met again after seven years, "Oh gosh, I missed you, Summer." I greeted. She smiled, "Me too, Sooyoung."

 


 

  "I didn't expect that you came back here in Korea." I brought her a hot coffee and put it on the coffee table.

 

  "And I didn't expect that you were famous now, huh?" Summer crossed her legs, "I finished my training for three years, Soojin let me go here so that we can meet again." She doesn't change, that same old Summer Choi.

 

  "You copied my hair, didn't you?" I said, "Since you called me with a surprise, saying do not be too out going because your fans will get suspicious because I was in Japan. So that pushes me to copy your hairstyle." she reasoned with a smile. I nodded, "Well, that's a good idea." I said. "Soojin trained me so hard to control my powers." Summer snapped her finger as she lit a tiny blue flame in her index finger. "See?"

 

  "Woah." I was amazed. She giggled, "Now, fetch!" then she suddenly toss the palm sized flue fireball to me. I quickly caught the fireball in my hand before it landed on the floor, the fireball that colored blue turned into yellow-orangish color when I caught it. "One of the house rules here is not to play fire inside." I said then dissolved the fire ball as I slowly clasped and unclasped my hands.

 

  She grin, "Sorry, I just missed this apartment when I barely know you." then she looked around, "Gosh, it was more beautiful than I last saw this seven years ago." she commented. "Yep, Jessica designed it for the better." I admit, Summer looked to me again with a confused look.

 

  "I heard Jessica will leave the company in the next few days." she uttered, I nodded with a bit frown, "Yeah, she have to work on her BLANC Company for a reason." I said. That caused her to blinked her eyes, "I thought you guys renewed your contracts last month." she said.

 

  "We renewed our contracts, but Jessica wasn't selfish to have her own career." I know Jessica has a reason why she wants to part ways with us as Girls' Generation. I eventually smiled at her, "Let's not to worry about that, Jessica was still connected to BBS. She will just parted her ways with SM but not the bonds we had for centuries, she will just have to be independent from now on." I said to her.

 

  "I'm glad to hear that." Summer showed something behind her back. "I have a special present for you, Sooyoung." She held in her hands a long katana with a red and black designs on it, "Your sister has a friend who is a blacksmith, she sent you a gift that is useful for you." I hand it over and studied the sword that my older sister gave me.

 

  I unsheated the katana and saw the blade were glowing yellow, "Wow." I was amazed, again. She chuckled, "Looks like that katana likes you." she commented. "What do you mean?"

 

  "Soojin's friend says that sword is attractive to all fire elemented persons like us, so it gives a boost and only glows when you had a possession of fire." she explained.

 

  I unsheated the katana, "So how's Soojin by the way?" I asked her. She shrugged, "Same old hag, as always." She answered making her to slap her shoulder lightly. "Don't call her like that, my sister hates backstabbing by someone." I warned, she snickered, "I know."

 

  Summer get the mug of coffee and took a sip on it, "Are you here to join BBS? That's why you flew all the way here again." I guessed. She chuckled and put the mug down, "I was, but unfortunately, we will just collaborate with you." she answered. "What do you mean?" I asked.

 

  "I'm one of the members who will be collaborate with you, we will meet tomorrow for a brief in the BBS." She said, I gasped as I knew what it is. "You joined the infamous hunters of Blue Hawks?!" I exclaimed. She nodded, "Yep. You and Soojin are the only ones who will know that I joined with them, the rest will announced tomorrow." She giggled.

 

  "Can't wait to see their faces again." She said with full of excitement.

 

  "Is it an organization or a company you're working with?"

 

  "Nah, just a group of people who eliminates monsters who's on our black list." She answered, "Besides, BBS only experimented the captives. While us were killing them."

 

  "I don't feel like it is a good idea of killing them." I said with a bit dissaproved, Summer sighed and lean back to the couch, "Me too, but I really want to join them. They are good people like you, but one of us were a bit of sarcastic and oblivious." She said.

 

  Then she eventually blinked her eyes and look around like she is looking for someone, "Anyways, where's everybody?" She asked. "Oh, some of them visit Hyoyeon in the hospital sector..." Oh crap, Sooyoung! Why on earth did you slipped?!

  

  I saw Summer's reaction, her looks were like angry or worried. "Is that the kid or the vampire?"

 

  "A vampire, Summer." I looked down to the katana she gave me, "What happened?" She asked like she wants a serious talk with me right now. "Hyuna." I mentioned the monster who did this, her eyes shifted to me, "Look, she appeared with the two Hyo that night. She fought with Hyoyeon and took her dark powers."

 

  I can see she gripped the mug, "So, she's starting again, huh?" She asked.

 

  I nodded, "Yeah, she really like the bloody chaos just as her mother, BoA." I answered. She smirked and closed her eyes, "You don't have to tell that you fought with her last night." She crossed her arms. I looked to her, how did she know? "I was there to stop her, you didn't notice?"

 

  "You're the one who threw her a blue fireball?" She said, she smiled. "Thanks." I thanked her, "Without you, I probably don't have fire anymore."

 

  She smiled, "You are my mom now, Sooyoung. I cannot let anyone kill you." 

 

---

Hey guys! Thank God, I finished it already! Anyways I had been busy reading a book so I didn't edit this too fast. 

Stay tuned!