25: Run Devil Run - Part 2

Living as a Vampire III

 

SEOHYUN

We've been running for five minutes, away from those pixelated black figures. We hid in a shop and crouched down under the counter. We looked distorted as we got away from those shaded figures. Yoona and Taeyeon were together as I saw them then we run along with them, "What the was that?" Stephanie whines lowly as she looked at us.

 

"Those... those are the viruses, they ate already two challengers in this game." Taeyeon wiped her cold sweats running down from her forehead, "So you already know?" I asked, looking at the two. Yoona nods, "The instructor told us, we have the same goal." she said then she peeked out her head a bit to see if there's any lurking figures but quickly crouched again as she saw one.

 

"What are we going to do now?" I asked as I looked at them. "Maybe we have get away from those lurkers--" then Stephanie groans, "Why don't we have our powers?!" She exclaimed yet in a whispering way. "We're inside the simulation, for sure, the one who's controlling the whole system disabled us to have powers." I said.

 

"Oh great, our consciousness were transfered here in the virtual world where the lurkers are hunting us." Stephanie rolls her eyes.

 

"We'll create a diversion." Taeyeon said and she looked at the porcelain plates on the shelf, "Yoona, go grab the plates." she instruced and Yoona followed. She crawled quietly and picked some plates from the cabinet. "Got it." Yoona whispered and Taeyeon nods, "Now, throw it over..." she peeked out slowly before pointing over the right side. "There."

 

She nods and starts throwing the plates over the right side, hearing the crashing porcelain against the ground. The lurkers responded by turning their heads on the broken plates before moving slowly to it. We readied ourselves to run, "Ready?" Taeyeon signalled, "Now." then we start running to the other side, ignoring the lurkers.

 

I looked at Yoona before holding her hand while running to the fire exit.

 

We ran to the upper floor before the lurkers, we went to the seventh floor of the mall then hide inside the bookstore. We panted and then, I feel something was not right. "Wait, why are we panting?" Sooyoung asked then she looked at us. "We are vampires, but why are we feel like human?" Then the voice of the instructor appeared, "You're vampire abilities were changed into zero, which means, you are humans in this game." it explained.

 

"Damn." Stephanie mumbled. "How can we find or figure out who and where is this virus carrier?" then asked the instructor. "There is two angel cube scattered inside the place, find it and solved the puzzle." it said then disappeared.

 

"Hmm..." Taeyeon rubs her chin and looked around the store we're in. "We have to start here, but most importantly... we have to make it quick, so let's split into three pairs." She said, "Yoona and Seohyun, go to the 8th floor. Sooyoung and Sunny to the 6th. Then me and--" She commanded but was cut off when we heard a rustling sound from outside the store. We listened closely before two other person shows up.

 

"A-Aigoo... those lurkers were running like hell." We heard Hyoyeon's voice.

 

"Yeah, thankfully they were blind." Then there's Yuri!

 

We walked closer and we saw Yuri and Hyoyeon, "Guys!" Yuri lunged at Taeyeon as she hugged her. "Whoa!" Then the shorter woman fell on the ground along with Yuri. We chuckled but Stephanie rolled her eyes, "Can you please stop being a childish sometimes, Black Pearl?" Stephanie said to her.

 

Yuri chuckled, "Okay, okay. I just thought me and Hyoyeon were the ones who will play the game." She said before helping out Taeyeon to got up. The shorter woman massages her hip a bit, "Geez, I never thought you gain weight, uri." She said then looks at Hyoyeon. "Is there some of us were still missing?" Yoona asked us, we looked around and counted ourselves.

 

"Jessica." Sunny answered then Stephanie added, "...and Tiffany."

 

Taeyeon nodded, "We have to find Tiffany, but--" then she turns her head around the area, "Who was with her?" she asked. But none of us know who was with her.

 


 

TIFFANY

 

I'm feeling light-headed...

 

Where am I?

 

Where is--

 

I was dampened a cold water on my face before my eyes opened and saw a figure in front of me. It was all dark and the only things I can see a light bulb shining above me, a table in front and a chair where I was sitting, chained properly that I can't even break it. 

 

"Wake up, girly. We have something to discuss." That voice...

 

"Y-Yoona?" But I can not sense that it was her, it was... Vivian. "I-It's you, right? Vivian?"

 

Then she chuckled, "Wow, you're the only person that can guess my name easily out of ten." She said before walking closer to me. "W-Where am I? Why am I in here?" I asked her with a curious look. Vivian gave me a slight smile, "In an abandoned hardware store inside the thick woods where no one's gonna help you."

 

I growled a bit, "What do you want from me, Vivian?" then asked her.

 

"I want to tell you something about your biological parents, Tiffany Hwang." She said and smirked. "About my parents? They're dead!" I answered and tried to remove the chains from my body.

 

Wait...

 

Something's not right, Vivian's face...

 

She's planning on something!

 

Two lights floats in front of me and circles around my head, what is this? "You're wrong, you're biological mom is still alive." Vivian told me, as she said that, the lights fasten to circle around me. "Did you know that Stephanie lied to you all this time? About your parents? About everything about your clan?"

 

"W-What? What are you talking about?"

 

"She betrayed you, Tiffany. She is the real enemy and not Hyuna. She is the one to blame about your clan's downfall."

 

"That's not true! You're lying!" I shut my eyes and trying my best not to listen to her, then she laughs a bit.

 

"You don't have a twin, Tiffany. Stephanie is just a spirit who deceives everyone. You are the only survivor of Hwang clan, Tiffany."

 

"S-Stop..."

 

Then I can feel her head moving closer to my ear, "She is our enemy."

 

My mind cracked like an egg, I screamed as my head is like drilled over by a driller. All I can hear inside the room is my scream and Vivian's laugh. What is she doing to me? I feel like I was being tortured, hypnotized and butchered over and over again. I can't handle any longer...

 

Few moments later, I out and I last hear Vivian's voice...

 

"Two down."

 

---

Hi readers! Sorry for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long that I didn't continue my story due to some personal issues. But hell yeah, I'm back~

Be patient as always and stay tuned!