18: What Kind of a Monster?

Living as a Vampire III

 

  The two vampire just stared at the young man's eyes as they were froze in there position in the winter night, Seohyun cannot believe it is happening to her, her one and only twin brother who was killed in an accident as she witnessed it when she was young. She don't know what will she feel. Happy? Sad? Pain?

 

  "H-How?" Seohyun muttered as her knelt on the ground while staring at Jonghyun, who had been in a minor injury. "I have been looking for you for many years." he said, "I have been waiting for the right time to tell you this, noona." then he looked away.

 

  "Then why didn't you tell her very early? You always had a time with her." Yoona asked, "I-I tried to... but, I can't tell her all the way, I was afraid to tell her and I was waiting for this." he responded to her question. 

 

  Seohyun closed her eyes trying not to cry but already had tears falling fron her eyes, "I was there..." then Jonghyun looked to her. Then she opened her eyes with a glowing red crimson eyes and glared at him, "I was there when you die!" she shouted out of curiosity then her fist clenched, "You died in my arms! You were dead!" the snow disolved into liquid and floats from her feet.

 

  Yoona noticed quickly what is happening, she stepped forward to her, "Seohyun, don't let your feelings drive you crazy." but she didn't listen and still glaring at Jonghyun. "Don't make me do this." she said to the younger vampire, then looked to Jonghyun. "I'm not in the moment to let my feelings drive me into." Seohyun respond.

 

  "What?" that makes her confused, then Seohyun craned her neck and look to her, "Rogue Hunter assassins..." she whispered, "...everywhere, at the top." she said. Yoona gasped and looked at the top, assassins were staring at them, "They think we're going to kill him..." she muttered. 

 

  "You know the drill." Seohyun said, then she quickly made a force field. "Now!" she shouted then Yoona her big black wings, the arrows were ricocheted against the force field. Seohyun grabbed Jonghyun, "Let's talk somewhere." she said to him. Yoona fly high to the clouds carrying the two in her arms, "Good thing I'm a half-demon." she smirked and drag the two somewhere.

 

  Yoona brought them to the rooftop of a tall building far away from those enemies, "Now," Yoona crossed her arms and looked to him seriously, "Talk." she said to Jonghyun. He gulped first then speak, "Since I auditioned in the SM Entertainment, you were my mentor yet first I didn't know your real name and everyone calls you Seohyun, then when I asked your real name, I knew that I found you."

 

  Then Seohyun let out a sigh, "Then how?" she asked. "Why are you here and alive?"

 

  "Someone given me a second chance to live, she also told me that it was not yet my time to die." he answered, that's when Yoona and Seohyun looked to each other, exchanging their confusing looks. "The bracelet that I gave you when you debuted, we went to Jeonju when we were 8 years old and I bought it for you."

 

  Seohyun looked to him again and walked closer to him, "Jonghyun... Why didn't you tell me about this?"

 

  Then the young man scratched his head, "As I just said earlier, I was afraid to tell you and waiting for the time to tell you." he answered. "You know how much I regret myself from letting you die that time?" Seohyun said with a stern, "You left me nothing but guilt and regret, Jonghyun. I was there to save you but it was too late."

 

  "I lived the life full of guilt and regret, then I lived on my own. I blamed the world that it was unfair to save you." She cried again and her voice starts cracking, "I made lived without you, mom and dad."

 

  Jonghyun's eyes widen, "What happened to mom and dad?" he asked with a worried look. Yoona blinked her eyes then looked to Seohyun again, she knew as well about what happened to their parents, the young man noticed Yoona's responding expression, "You knew also about our parents, Yoona?" he asked the winged vampire.

 

  She quickly winced at Jonghyun, "Y-Yah! Call me noona because I'm older than you." she said, trying to avoid his question. "I want to know about our parents! Why can't you answer me quickly?" he said to the two vampires.

 

  The atmosphere has been more tensed as Jonghyun asked her older twin sister about their parents, he's been thinking of them for the long time, now he wants to know about their condition. Seohyun sniffed and wiped her tears away, then turn around to see him again, "Mom and dad..." she then hold his both hands. "...they were gone, ten years ago."

 

  "Y-You're lying..." He shook his head in disbelief.

 

  "Someone murdered them, Jonghyun." Seohyun said, "I didn't able to save them. They were killed and I was there witnessing what she did to our parents." she said. Jonghyun pried away his hands from her, "You didn't do anything to save them? How did you do it when you have a sword in you?" he asked her.

 

  "Jonghyun, I was weak to save them. I was only a weak human who can't fight the monster from killing our parents."

 

  Then Jonghyun glared at her, "Then why the monster didn't kill you? Why are you here and survived?" he clenched his fist. "I..." Seohyun thought something, if she told Jonghyun that she is the second gifted. "I... I am the second gifted." 

 

  "Second gifted?" Jonghyun gave her a curious look.

 

  "Look, Jonghyun. The monster didn't kill her because she's a gifted. And she..." Yoona quickly glanced at Seohyun, "Some stories, are not worth hearing." the gifted vampire added it. "Why can't you tell me?! I want to know what is happening!" he said, impatiently. "You said we are siblings, there will be no secrets between us."

 

  "Everything's changed, Jonghyun." Seohyun said. "We're not kids anymore."

 

  Jonghyun can't believe that her twin sister will be like this, he was expecting to welcome her again with a hug but all he know was the truth about their parents, "Yoona, bring him back to his house." That's all Seohyun can say before she jump out of the building and dissapeared.

 

  The young man clenched his fist again and gritted his teeth, Yoona seemed to be clueless about them, she never asked Seohyun about her brother. "Noona..." she muttered, "Hm?" Yoona respond. "What are you?" he asked her. she was going to answer it but she promised her not to tell this to anyone, even Jonghyun. Yoona sighed and grabbed his shoulder, "I'm sorry, Jonghyun. But I'm not in the position to answer it." She said.

 

  "Why are you all hiding something from me?" He demanded, "Because it's important not to leak it to everyone. Look, now you've seen what your twin sister did to that monster who almost eat you. She killed it for you to be saved. She glared at you with red eyes. I think it's a half-truth." She explained. "You just have wings." he added.

 

  "It's better to fly at night, it will burn when I showed it in the morning." Yoona chuckled then showed her wings again, "Let's get you back home." then she grabbed him and fly.

 

  Why? Why Seohyun noona? That's what Jonghyun thought. Why can't you tell me the truth?

 


 


 

  "I wonder what's new in this new restaurant." Summer commented as she read the new dishes in the tarpulin out the restaurant while Vivian is still reading her favorite book. "I like to buy a new poetry book, that will brighten up my mood." Vivian muttered while her eyes were still in the book.

 

  Summer sighed then pouted, "They were all look delicious, I wanna buy them at once." she said which makes the blonde hair winced at her. "Why don't you make your own restaurant so that you can eat leftovers before it closed?" she mocked with a grin, but that doesn't make Summer angry, she just shrugged it and pressed her both lips. "I'm a big eater but I'm still slim no matter what."

 

  "We're not here to eat, Summer." She said with a serious look, "Well... who invited me to go somewhere?" Summer answered back. Vivian rolled her eyes, "Anyways, I just want to take a walk with you."

 

  The fiery witch crossed her arms with a smirk, "You're one of the boring people to be with, honestly." she admit.

 

  "Catharine ordered nothing today, so I guess we have to cherish this moment of our day-off." Then Vivian closed the book she's reading and eventually went back to Summer, "I'm hungry, Vivian. Why don't we stay inside the restaurant and lay low for a while?" Summer caressed her stomach. "You're always hungry, remember that. Besides, I never ate human foods, delicious or not." the blonde gave her a bored look. "I'm just an immortal being that don't need food and water just to live."

 

  Then Vivian stopped in the middle of their walk as she saw a tall woman walking forward to their direction, she unexpectedly met her but they already met hundreds of centuries ago.

 

  The tall woman glanced at her and gave her the same expression as her, surprised and unexpected. "V-Victoria?" Summer mentioned her name, which make the blonde creature looked at her, "You know her?" Vivian asked the young witch. The taller nodded, "Yeah, she's with Krystal and we barely talked but she's a friendly one."

 

  Summer happily waved her hand in the air, "Hey, Victoria!" she called her. Victoria smiled then walked closer to them, "Glad to see you again unexpectedly, Summer." She said in a formal way. Then Victoria looked to the blonde woman, "It's been a very long time, my dear old friend." she greeted to her, "Still the same face."

 

  Vivian gave a slight smile, "You still have the formal speaking, Victoria." she greeted and crossed her arms, "I'm impressed." 

 

  "W-Wait, you know each other?" Summer looked to the two with a puzzled look, then Vivian and Victoria looked to her, "We have been friends for hundreds of centuries." Vivian answered. "And I never thought that I would ever see you again, where did you go?"

 

  "I just have to leave for something important." Vivian answered, "I heard that you and Catharine were looking for me."

 

  Victoria looked around then turn her head to Vivian, "Let's find a place where we can talk about this, shall we?" 

 


 

 

  "So, how was your life with Catharine?" Victoria, Vivian and Summer were inside the finest restaurant in the Gangnam district.

 

  Vivian swinged her leg and looked to her, "Fine. As always." She said in a expressionless tone. "You seemed to be unhappy to see me again, Vivian." She studied the blonde's look and smirked, "Well, you are always unhappy whenever you were with me." Then leaned her back against her chair.

 

  "You never change, Victoria. Still the same attitude that always reads people's expression." She said and looked to the window. "World can change, time can change, but it's up to us whether you want to change or not." Victoria quoted, "By the way, why are you in here?" 

 

  The blonde was going to respond but Summer already speak, "She was inviting me to go somewhere, then we just walking around like a traveler." 

 

  "Summer..." Vivian crossed her arms. "What did I told you?"

 

  "She's really one of the boring persons, you know?" Summer added.

 

  Victoria laughed, "She really is, you often see her enthusiasm, and she's a person who has no fonds of everything but poetry in her head." She told her about Vivian. "When did you see her feeling happy, Summer?" She asked the young witch, making the blonde glared at her, "Well, I never see her being happy of everything." Then she quickly raised her both hands to Vivian, "No offense, Viv, but I'm really telling the truth."

 

  "I will never forget the time when me, Vivian and Catharine were playing swordsmanship in the ruins of Pompeii. Vivian was so agressive towards me and willing to take me down for once, but never won in a fight against me." She glanced at Vivian who has a gloomy atmosphere in her.

 

  "But..." She turned her eyes on Summer, "She's really the fiercest among the three of us, and has good instinct of fighting. That is why I love to take a challenge with her."

 

  That's when Vivian looked to Victoria, "Thank you for the surprising compliment, Victoria." Then she stood up with the same bored expression, "I need to go somewhere, I'll be back for a minute or two." She starts to walk away from the place.

 

  Vivian has now being out of the blues, she is always out of her mind but never became an oblivious woman. She is an unknown immortal being, she don't know who she is and don't know what she is. She's no vampire nor any other creatures, she's like a box that is waiting to open. Vivian is known as Elizabeth Báthory II by herself because she killed hundreds of people in a village only to find an answer for the question: Who am I?, she is one of the fiercest opponent that couldn't hold an enemy against her. There is one reason why she did this... Is to know her true identity and true nature of what she really was.

 

  Then a minor ache in her head stopped her from walking, voices were yelling and shouted inside her head...

 

  "You are a monster!"

 

  "You are no woman but a demon like them!"

 

  "Get away from us, you killer!"

 

  "Monster!"

 

  That's the noises coming inside her head, she never recall something that the people around her life would call her like that, she never been accused as a monster like Victoria. But why are the noises calling her a monster? A killer?

 

  Though the surge of the pain in her head is still on going, she smirked and asked herself. "If I am a monster... what kind of a monster?"

 

 

---

Yow yow yow! Whazzup? Sorry, I've been busy for the couple of weeks or days because I'm studying hard for our exams. Currently, I'm still studying while typing this (not to caught myself from my mom, kekeke).

Well, comment, vote and subscribe!

Stay tuned!