3: Growing Height

Living as a Vampire III

YOONA

  "Seohyun, where have you been? I've been waiting for an hour and a half." I said as she went inside, "Look, I'm not in the mood to talk about that. Can we go inside the briefing room?" then we went inside the briefing room, where everybody was waiting for me and Seohyun. Director Oh were looking to us firmly, "Have a seat the two of you." he said.

 

  Then Director Oh clicked his remote and show something in the screen, "This is Kwon Jiyong, a former commander of 5th Division in our HQ. Last week, he found dead in his room. His heart was taken away. Based on what Dr. Park said, it's not an ordinary monster that could kill him like that easily. He was a skilled commander, like you, Taeyeon." He glanced at Taeyeon.

 

  "But, who could did this crime to him? He is a good person." Tiffany said, "Yeah, and he don't have any foes around here." Sunny added.

 

  "Good persons aren't always good." Stephanie quoted while crossing her legs, "And bad persons aren't always bad. Am I right, Eiffel Tower?" then she looked to Sooyoung. "I know, Stephanie." the taller woman rolls her eyes.

 

  The Director nodded, "Though he is a good man, he still have few enemies here. This is why we have to investigate and find the culprit to give justice for his death." then he clicked the remote again and there's a map with three red circles in it, "These are the places he possibly went before that incident: the coffee shop, the alley and last, his house." he last pointed the upper right of the map.

 

  "And here's the actual footage during the incident." He played the video, we watch the footage of the incident. There was a boy covering his face with a cap, wearing black puffer jacket entering his house. He went to his room, where Commander Kwon is. Then he quickly attacked him, the video eventually stopped then makes an eerie sound. "The CCTV is broken and someone cut the wires to avoid the incident, and not to caught the true identity."

 

  "Wow, he's genius." Hyoyeon commented, "The boy maybe a Ghoul, a Wendigo or a Nachzehrer. One of the rare monsters." Director Oh said.

 

  "How can we start the investigation if people will pay their attention quickly to us?" Seohyun questioned, I think I get her point. "Yeah, we are Girls' Generation. Why we are the ones that will go investigated it?" I agreed.

 

  "None of the investigators can't find a clue about the crime scene, so I brought you here tonight to discuss about this." He explained, "Plus, Hyoyeon can use illusions to lure people from their eyes to cover up that you are the famous Girls' Generation." then he chuckled and eventually being in the same expression again. "Another information aside from Commander Kwon's crime scene..." He clicked again then we saw a symbol of a bird with a color of blue.

 

  "You will be collaborated with a group of hunters to help you with their main mission, which we'll have to discuss next week. We have to finish and find the culprit by the end of November. Dismiss." He said and we all stood up and went out of the briefing room.

 

  "So how's the musical play?" I asked her while walking to our room, "It's great, people didn't expect I was the lead role on the stage." She said with a slight smile. Okay, I regret myself for not watching her musical play earlier. "I-I'm sorry that I didn't watch. I kinda busy since morning." I apologized then scratch my nape.

 

  "It's alright, Yoongie. You have been there for me for the last two musical play that I worked on, it's okay if you didn't attend earlier." She said in a oddly tone. "Are you mad?" I asked her again, this time she stopped walking then turn around and looked to me, "Mad?" She chuckled, "What makes you think that I'm upset just because you weren't around with me?"

 

  "I just thought, Seohyun."

 

  She shook her head then gave me a quick kiss, "I'm not, Yoona. Don't worry." She smiled then pulled my arm and continue walking to our room.

 


 

 

HYO

  "Yah! Give me back my glasses!" I shouted as Jimin held up my eyeglasses in the air.

 

  "You geek! How could you embarrassed me in a public place? Huh?!" Then one of her friends kicked me in my gut, I groaned and fell down. "Just because I have borrowed your precious jacket, you have to give it back after three days!" She kicked me in my back which adds the pain I got.

 

  "My eonnie gave me that jacket, you just borrowed it and pretend its yours." I uttered, she and her friends laugh. "Well, it doesn't fit you at all. So it's mine now, !" I tried not to burst myself in anger and tears, I squeezed my sleeves as I tried not to retaliate them or else they will report this to the dean and got me expelled.

 

  This is why my life .

 

  Since I transferred here in Yeran High, I have been one of the bullied students here. They blackmailed, they hurt and even threatened us not to tell this to the dean or my sisters. Though Minjae is my only friend here, I can't tell her about this or else Jimin will tell to the dean that I was the one who hacked the school's grading system.

 

  But I have to ease it until graduation, just a little bit more.

 

  Suddenly, someone threw a baseball ball in Jimin's head making her groan, "Who do you think are you to hurt an innocent student, huh?" Two figures from behind came. They turn around, "Damn, Jimin, we have to go!" One of her friends said, "Why?"

 

  "They were the students from Bimyeong High!"

 

  I heard Jimin cussed then looked to me, "We're not done yet, Hyojeon Kim." Then the three of them run away. I crawled on the ground and looking for my eyeglasses, "Here." Someone held my eyeglasses. Then I took my eyeglasses from her then wear and adjust it to see it clearly.

 

  "Those s were cowards, you know that?" A tanned girl said, "They just looking for a student who is weaker than them." A bored looking girl added. They are wearing different uniforms, they aren't here. That tanned girl was holding a baseball bat while the bored face girl was carrying a kendo sword behind her.

 

  "Are you alright?" The tanned girl asked and held her hand, trying to help me to get up.

 

  But I glared at them, "Do I look fine for you?" I spat and got up from the ground. "Hey, we just saved you from them." She said, "Then this is what your gonna thanked us."

 

  I grab my bag, "It's not save, it's just scaring away those fools." I corrected. The tanned woman was going to spat again but she was halted by her friend, "Okay, I'll handle it, Yul." Then she looked to me and smiled. "I'm sorry for her, she seems to be proud for herself." She said to me.

 

  "I'm Sooyeon and this is Yul." She introduce themselves. "We are the exchanged students from Bimyeong High." 

 

  Oh, so that's why Minjae was volunteered to be the exchanged student. Damn, that Jeon Minjae! She leave me here for a week! "I'm Hyojeon and I gotta go." Then I walked away and go home...

 

  I walked home and entered my room, I change my clothes and start finishing my chemistry project again. I have to compute, calculate, measure, and solve this. After 3 hours, I finally finished my project. I stretched my arms and yawned, "Finally!" 

 

  Then someone knocked the door then opened it, "Hey, Hyo! Time for-- what the hell?!" Sooyoung eonnie almost jumped in surprise and look to me from head to toe. "Hyojeon, is that you?" She asked, "You looked so shocked eonnie, what's the matter?"

 

  "Did you check yourself in the mirror?"

 

  I shook off my head then head to the mirror, my eyes widen and shrieked. Few moments later, all of my eonnies rushed into my room. "What happened here?" Taeyeon quickly appeared in front of the door, then she looked to me and gaped in shock.

 

  "Kim Hyojeon, what happen to you?" Taeyeon and Hyoyeon eonnie walked closer to me, "I-I don't know, eonnie. I was surprised too when I saw myself in front of the mirror." I explained. "You've gotten taller as me, Hyo." Hyoyeon eonnie said and measured our height.

 

  "Okay, so you scream just because you've gotten taller quickly? How amazing." Stephanie eonnie said then chuckled, then Tiffany eonnie elbowed her. "You can't just ignore like that, Steph." She said to her.

 

  "What are we going to do now, eonnie? I can't go to school like this! They will think I am Kim Hyoyeon!" I started to get panicked, Hyoyeon eonnie holds my both shoulder, "Calm down, your eonnie will find a way to bring you back to your normal height." She said. "B-But... My chemistry project is due tomorrow!" I reasoned.

 

  Then Seohyun eonnie and Yoona eonnie came, "What happened to Hyo?" Yoona eonnie asked, "Isn't it obvious? She had an abnormal growth." Stephanie answered. "Hyoyeon, did you gave her something that makes her height being like that?" Seohyun eonnie asked, "I didn't gave any of my inventions to her, and we don't have any idea why she had gotten taller than Taeyeon." Hyoyeon eonnie answered.

 

  "How can I go to school tomorrow if my uniforms were small? How can I tell this to Minjae?" I asked so many questions of what I'm going to do now that I've gotten taller.

 

  I've gotten taller quickly, I just look like Hyoyeon eonnie now! 

 

---

Yow! Just got update again! And I'm starting to create a pdf of the book 1 and 2. And can you guys help me to give me ideas from the sneak peeks so that I can arranged it. Please? I can't think properly since I opened the 1st chapter. But I won't spoil any of you, just give me ideas from the sneak peeks by PM to me.

 

Stay tuned! ;)