28: Stabbed in the Back

Living as a Vampire III

SEOHYUN

 

I feel so weak when I got out from the pod, it might be the effect of not being fed for years. But, I now remember who put us there. The Black Swan, she's the one Hyoyeon and I fought before we got inside the pod.

 

"The Black Swan, hm?" Sooyoung rubbed her chin after we had fed blood and sat in the couch inside Wendy's hideout. "I remember that we were celebrating and then the Black Swan attacked Hyoyeon and me then everything was black before all of us get into the game." I told Sooyoung, "Do you think... the Black Swan is an agent from RHA?" The taller woman asked.

 

I sighed and crossed my arms, "I'm not sure." Then I rubbed my chin, trying to think what's the connection between RHA and Black Swan. But Black Swan is a fugitive hunting down by both BBS and RHA. Hm, someone's turning the table and planned not to get us in their way...

 

Unless...

 

I looked to Irene and ask her, "Any news about Hyuna?" her looks more matured when I last saw her. Her hair changed and her face gone prettier for years, "She's been out of the radar, last we saw Hyuna, she's in this underground sanctuary-- but it was crumbled down when RHA pursued her." she answered. The younger one crossed her arms, "I think it's better if you guys have to lay low for a while, when the time has come, we're going against his will."

 

Hmm, I see. Irene got better over the years. I smiled and took her shoulder, "Thank you, Irene. For saving us." I thanked her. And there goes her cherry blush all over her face, she looked down a bit, "You should thank Joy, Seulgi and Yeri." she muttered. I chuckled and ruffles her hair, "I guess some things about you didn't change at all." Then I walked passed her, still giving her a small laugh.

 

"H-Hey eonni! What does that mean?!" Irene exclaimed and pouted.

 

That night, Irene and her group left to get back to the headquarters before they get caught and become suspicious. All of us stayed inside the bunker, inside is very classy, it's like we're just inside of our apartment. I wonder if our apartment was still there.

 

CATHARINE

 

This feeling...

 

I can feel their consciousness were back in the real world, what could be the meaning of this? I tapped my pen lightly against the varnished desk of mine, Vivian noticed my sudden movement and asked, "Something bothers you, my friend?" She walked forward to my desk. I looked at her, with a hint of worry in my eyes, "Did she completely sealed them in the virtual reality?" I asked her.

 

At first, she only blinks then she realized what I'm referring to, "Oh... that?" her emotionless smirk came up again. "She knew everything about computers, she knew exactly how it works." She looked back on my direction and gave a sigh. "You must know that they finally escaped." I told Vivian, since we're the only ones inside my office.

 

Her smirk fades and replaced by a bit shocked expression, "Oh." that's all she could say.

 

"Someone-- no, some of our subordinates turning their backs from us. I can feel it just now." I said to her, "You know what to do, Vivian. I trust you to do this as smooth as possible." She obliged and starts walking out of my room.

 

As soon as she left, I crossed my arms and closed my eyes for a few seconds before opening it. "There's one in my side, and five in BBS." I muttered.

 

"So you are the one whose behind all of their disappearance." My heart stopped as I heard her voice. I turned around and saw Victoria leaning against the white marbled wall, her eyes is like a two edged word piercing through my soul... She's angry. "Victoria, I know what I am doing." I responded before she quickly walks closer to me, "You know what you're doing? You imprisoned your former subordinates, your lover and your body double!" Her eyes became crimson red.

 

"I did what I had to do, Victoria." I still keep my facade and not to let my guard down, "I did those things to protect them." 

 

"Protect?" She let go of me and scoffs with disbelief, "You... you're not my old friend, you're not Catharine..." she said and moved backwards. "Hm, then what am I now?" I asked, still looking at her eyes.

 

"Someone who should have been dead for centuries. A lifeless corpse getting her life back again. You're not Catharine, you're just an imposter." She answered which made my heart breaks a bit. "I should have never known you." She clench her fists before she disappeared into thin air.

 

I looked down and closed my eyes. There's no going back now, I have to finish what I have started...

 

 

JESSICA

It has been four years since she last contact her sister and brother, she even intended not to call Taeyeon and the others to help her because they are getting busy at their schedules. As she ventured the thick forest, she felt the presence of her siblings. I saw one room, filled with rubbles and I can feel the strong presence in here. I kicked the rubbles hard and saw what I found, a beautiful landscape... yet on the right corner I saw a giant red crystal.

 

Looks familiar...

 

I walked closer to it and saw what I found, I gasped and stepped back as I saw my sister and brother. They are inside the crystal. "No... This can't be happening..." I said as my legs went jelly at the moment, "How could someone do this to them...?" I whispered as tears starts falling down from my face. "Krystal... Leo..." I muttered their names.

 

Then I heard a whistle  from above, I gasped and made an ice shield but it explodes as it hit on the shield. I was thrown by that attack but I manage to land perfectly, I glared at the one who shoot me that arrow.

 

I focused my eyes on someone standing in the tall pillar, then I saw her...

 

"Tiffany?"

 

She draw another arrow from her back and didn't hesitate to shoot me, I dodged the arrow and run to her. "Tiffany!" I shouted and jumped high to see her but something was off about her. I caught her body and we fell on the ground, I crawl on top of her. "Tiffany, it's me! Jessica--" She quickly disappeared into thin air and I quickly stood up.

 

I felt a smack on my face and I tried my best not to fall down from the ground. Then another from my stomach then to my back. I groaned and closed my eyes and concentrated as the wind continues to attack me, Tiffany's power is powerful than the others. She could get through anything without breaking a sweat.

 

As I saw where she is, I quickly summoned an ice spike and throw it at her direction where she hides.

 

"Tiffany, stop." I said as I looked at her.

 

"Who are you to stop me, trespasser?" Her face was emotionless, she is like a robot. Someone did this to her.

 

I clench my fists and starts running towards her, I dodged all her arrows again before I punched her stomach but she also dodge it? Then kicked me and I flew in a distance from her, I groaned and manage to stand up.

 

"Don't make me do this... Tiffany Hwang..." I gritted my teeth as my eyes redden and looks around for the unusual movement of the wind. If she doesn't remember me, I'll make it remember her. 

 

As soon as she is three meters ahead of me, I took a step forward and freezes her whole body and trap her in an ice block. "No air would come and go in that." I said glaring at her, "You should stay here while I have to find a way to set my brother and sister free."

 

I walked past her and went to the giant crystal and tried to punch it as hard as I could. I shout in pain as it didn't work, "This crystal is as hard as vibranium." I muttered. I need to call Taeyeon.

 

---

I am sooooooooo sorry that I just update it now. I know you guys were tired of waiting for this story but I'll really try my best to finish this!

As soon as I get my vacation, I'll be updating this!

so stay tuned!