24: Hide and Run - Part 1

Living as a Vampire III

SEOHYUN

We are in the briefing except for their body doubles. Only Vivian, Summer and Catherine are up. Taeyeon, Stephanie, Sooyoung, Sunny, Yuri, Yoona and I were present. Tiffany and Jessica had an urgent mission, and Hyoyeon locked herself inside her room.

 

"I called you all to tell you the confirmation of the murderer behind Hyojeon's death." Catharine started and we all looked at her seriously, she showed something then we saw a blade in her hand. "This is the dagger of Hyuna." She said, "So, you're saying that Hyuna is the one who murdered her?" Stephanie interrupted.

 

I saw Vivian looking at Stephanie in a grim expression, "Don't jump to the wrong conclusion, Miss Hwang." Vivian also halted her. Stephanie scoffed and crosses her both arms, "Then, what is it?"

 

"It wasn't Hyuna who killed her. It's one of her assassins." Summer said, "We know every assassins of her were using this kind of dagger, and also, Hyuna is not dumb just to barge in the building. Maybe she hired one of the assassins to free and eventually murdered her." 

 

"Do you still have any proof that Hyuna's assassin really murdered our sister?" Taeyeon asked Catharine calmly as she glared at her, "This is the only proof, but the confirmation is final... Hyuna's assassin murdered her." Catharine answered honestly. "This is not final, we're not yet satisfied by that one particular evidence." Taeyeon refused. "I need more evidence that can prove that the assassin murdered Hyojeon." she added firmly.

 

We looked at her, yet Taeyeon's stubborness never waver at all. She became firm in her words, if she do, she will do.

 

"Well then..." Catherine sighs, "Why don't you find some evidence for yourself, Commander Kim?" she smirks while looking at her playfully. "We all know that you can't find a single evidence to prove Kim Hyojeon's innocence."

 

That snaps Taeyeon's last straw and quickly stood up before she points her gun to Catharine. In a blink of an eye, Vivian is already behind Taeyeon and points a desert eagle on the back of her head. "Don't you ever mention that thing again, Catharine. I swear I'll put you to rest when I have a chance to rip your ing head."

 

"You'll never have that chance when I'm with her around, sweetie." Vivian commented with a smirk. "Calm down, Taeyeon. Put your gun down and we'll fix this." Sunny stood up slowly to calm Taeyeon, then she puts her gun down and storms out of the room.

 

Six months later...

 

Many things happened after Hyojeon's burial, actually, many happy things happened. We've got our new single and everyone we're cheering because of it. Catharine gave too much space for us to think.

 

Hyoyeon became more introvert yet she's cheerful on cam, she is still not moving on from Hyojeon's death. The investigation confirmed that Hyuna's assassin freed her and let her die, we still have no contact to Krystal who is still missing around ten months now. Jessica already volunteered to find her sister in the rubbles of the forest. Jonghyun and I weren't communicating anymore after we had misunderstandings the last time we talk.

 

Catherine and our body doubles were always busy to hunt some S rank monsters, well, except Summer. She always ditched their missions, she send a clone to work the mission while she's having fun with us.

 

"Cheers!" She clashed our glass shots together then drink it in unison. "This year is so successful, you know?" Stephanie said with a big smile, "Yeah and we are one of the famous groups." Sooyoung added and drinks more soju. "Yah, Choi Sooyoung, don't drink too much." Sunny said and chuckles.

 

We were having fun when I finally got the sense to check Hyoyeon, "Um, can I excuse for a moment?" I asked and they nodded before I could stood up and went to Hyoyeon's room. I knocked the door but the door is not lock, it was open and went inside.

 

I looked around and I can't sense her presence yet all I can see is the open window, maybe she... My eyes wide open and looked over the window, maybe she got into trouble! I jumped over the window and closed it before I looked for Hyoyeon. "Hyoyeon, where are you?" I muttered then I saw two crazy light battling over the rooftops.

 

"Hyoyeon!" I growled a bit and jumped over to catch her, she was fighting with a masked assassin with black cloak. I catched her back when she was thrown away by her enemy. "Why did you got into this, Hyoyeon?" I asked and drop into fighting stance and looked over the masked assassin, "I was dragged!" Hyoyeon answered and attacks the masked enemy.

 

I jump to it and grabs its cloak and throw it away from Hyoyeon before we leap and kick that enemy, but it dissapeared and whipped us away. I groaned and throw a barrage of force field to it but it quickly flickered in front of me and punched my stomach very hard that I groaned loud before I lose my consciousness...

 


 

"Hey, Seohyun! Wake up!"

 

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, opened it as I got up. I saw Sooyoung wearinf a yellow jumpsuit, "W-Wha--" I stopped when I saw myself wearing a pink jumpsuit. I looked around, this is familiar... White glitching walls, a matrix space and this cool jumpsuit.

 

Sooyoung and I are the only ones who were here, "Where are we?" She asked while roaming around and touched the wall. "I suppose we're in the simulation." I answered and looks at her, "But, how did we get in here?" I added.

 

None of us couldn't remember how. Then a glitching door appeared in front of us, then a multitude of voice came, "Welcome to the Game Simulation." it greeted. "Stepped in the door in front of you, and the game will begin." then instructed, we looked to each other before looking at the glitching door, "Let's go, Seohyun." Sooyoung sighed then I stopped her. "Wait."

 

I looked around and ask, "What game are we playing after we stepped in?"

 

"I will not tell unless you are going in." it said.

 

I sighed and walked with Sooyoung, "Let's go." I said before we stepped in the door.

 

A space with matrix effect came and we're warped in, I looked over and it was a mall. We're inside the mall. "That's weird, people like shopping." Sooyoung commented as we looked around and no one's around but us. "That means, we're still not in the reality." I muttered, "This is the game called Run-and-Hide," the AI spoke again.

 

"Run and... Hide?" Sooyoung repeated.

 

"You will be paired by the colors of you are currently wearing, the main objective is to stop the carrier to spread the virus all over the simulation." it said, "We will wait for the other players to come and play."

 

"How do we get back to the reality?" I asked the AI, "To get back to the real world, you must incinerate the carrier." it answered. "And what if we didn't?" Sooyoung asked, "Then you will be stuck in the simulation and corrupted your real body, your consciousness will stay inside the simulation while your real body will taken over by your corrupted self."

 

I blinked when I heard a shout and a thud, I turn around and saw Sunny and Stephanie sprawled on the floor as they warped in here. "D-Damn your big , Smidget!" Stephanie growls and pushes Sunny away from her, "Ow! You meanie!" Sunny whimpers then she saw us.

 

"Seohyun! Sooyoungie!" Sunny runs and hugs Sooyoung, "Oof! Sunny!" the tall woman hugged back with a big smile. "I thought you're gone!" Sunny squeals, "Gone? Why would I be gone without you?" she grins and pinches Sunny's cheeks.

 

"Lovebirds, eh?" Stephanie scoffs and rolls her eyes. I laughed a bit and looked at her, "Jealous? You have Taeyeon." I said to her. "By the way, where's my Shorty?" she asked me with a curious look, then I shrugged. "No clue, I woke up and we're in a virtual reality." I said.

 

Stephanie blinks and scratched her nape, "Virtual reality, eh?" She hums and looks at Sooyoung and Sunny. I looked around and I can see some glitches in the walls, it really is a virtual reality.

 

Few moments later, Sooyoung and Sunny walked towards us, "Hey guys, I think we have to find them." Sunny suggested and we nodded before we start walking to find the others. I was wondering where they are.

 

I looked up and saw a hanging sign, we are currently on the second floor of the mall. When we reached the stairs, we start to look with each others' eyes.

 

"Should we go up or down?" I asked them, then Stephanie shrugs and sighs. "How about we split up? If you guys are fine with that." She suggested, then Sunny agreed. "Yeah, me and Sooyoung are going upstairs to the third floor, you guys better check the first floor." She said.

 

We nodded, "Alright then, let's go Stephanie." we started to split up. We went to the first floor and we start looking around, "This place sure gives me goosebumps due to the silence and no people around." Stephanie muttered while still walking with me. "This is just a virtual reality, Stephanie. You don't need to worry about it." I said.

 

Eventually, I stopped when I heard footsteps coming on our way. I looked over the platform and saw her running away with Taeyeon from the black pixelated figures.

 

"Yoona--"

 

I was cut off when she quickly grabbed my hand and run to the other way. "Run!" she shouted as we run. Taeyeon grabbed Stephanie and run away from the black figures.

 

"You did not know that the game has already begun..." the AI said.

 

---

I'm so sorry I was TOO busy these past few months. I already forgot that I have to finish this book 3. I'm so sorry readers for waiting the next chapter. *bows*

Stay tuned!