34: Sharp Tongue Breaks the Ice

Living as a Vampire III

[ TRIGGER WARNING!!! THERE ARE A LOT OF F WORD AHEAD ]

 

Another day came and the last group that got into the bunker were Sunny, Stephanie and Yoona, they got a lot of equipments in their hands and put it down on the ground once they have reached the bunker.

 

"It's a good thing we came out of the fort unnoticed," Sunny told the two and stretches her arms as she groaned, "I hope what we got from the base is enough, I don't want to go back in there." Stephanie rolls her eyes before looking at Yoona who had been worrying since they separated from Seohyun. "Going back to Catharine's mansion might be their bad idea... what if Catharine was there with her goons?" She asked while still looking at the two.

 

"I'm more worried of Tiffany-- who has not been with us for four ing years." Stephanie clicked her tongue and carries a pair of bags with her two hands and Sunny pressing the passcode of the bunker, "I wonder where she's up to, I never heard of them ever since we got trapped in a whole video game simulation." The smaller vampire added as they start walking down.

 

When the three vampires entered the bunker door, what they saw made those expression of doubt and worried painted to a wide glimmering smile. The three saw all the half-bloods on the table, playing Uno. The five younger woman are staring at each other, guessing who will be the one to drop the powerful cards (the +4 and +2 cards) on the deck.

 

Wendy placed a +4 card, Yeri gasped as she's after the shorter half-blood, she anticipated this moment and drops another +4 card, stacking it and now the other one next to the youngest was Irene whose eyes widen as she had been played by the younger ones beside her.

 

"Yah Kim Yerim! That's cheating!" Irene bellowed at her as the youngest half-blood placed the +4 card on the deck, "I didn't cheat, eonnie! It's part of the rules!" She retorted with her hands waving a bit. "Yeah, it's part of the rules! What's illegal is that you stack +4 card on +2 card!" Joy justified before looking at the direction of the three vampires who just came in.

 

Joy put a big smile on her face and stands up, "Stephanie eonnie!" She runs and hugs the vampire. Stephanie hugged the taller half-blood and cuddles with her, "Joyiee~ I missed you so much!" She chuckled and ruffles the other's hair, the temperamental vampire and the cold half-blood are very much into things. They always have time to have fun in drinking and making a mess.

 

The other half-bloods stood up from the chair and helped the two vampires to carry the things they needed, "It's good to know you all are safe." Yoona smiled before she looked around for Seohyun. "Can you tell me where Seohyun is? I've been worried she got into trouble during her visit to Catharine's place." She asked Irene, she frowned a bit before pointing the room where the gifted is resting. "Seohyun is resting, we got caught by Vivian--" Then Yoona was going to say something when Irene interrupted her, "It's best that you ask her what happened, I'm not really in a mood to talk about it." 

 

She nodded and sighs, "Right... Thanks, Irene." She thanked the other before she goes to the room where Seohyun is resting.

 

Yoona had been worried sick for her and now she knew that something happened on their way there, she opens the door and closed it as soon as she walks inside. She can see Seohyun had been sleeping for since yesterday, the older vampire sat beside the bed and slowly lay herself beside her, slowly hugging the other gently, "Yoona...?" She turns her head to face the older vampire and smiles gently.

 

"Hey baby, you okay?" She asked her with a gentle smile on her face. "I heard from Irene that you encountered Vivian..." 

 

As much as she don't want Yoona to get worried, maybe she felt it while still on their way to the fort when she got hurt and the revelation of Irene's identity. Only Seohyun and Seulgi knew about the truth of Bae Joohyun being the sole daughter of Catharine, she don't want to tell other's about it, especially Yoona. She knows exactly what Yoona will feel when she learned the truth about Catharine, that she has a daughter.

 

She is afraid that Yoona's and other's frustrations will vent on Irene when they knew exactly that she's the daughter of the one who used to saved them and the one who is now betraying them. The half-blood hated Catharine more than Taeyeon hated her, and she felt sorry that her own mother even called her a failure, for someone who had been trying to be a capable leader to her own team.

 

Seohyun hold her hand gently and looks at the other, "Vivian showed up when we're finished getting the important files, and she had Joy and Wendy, but luckily we fend them off and saved the two half-bloods. I might think Vivian is just playing with us for the time being." She told Yoona, who had been feeling disheartened by the fact that Vivian hurt Seohyun while she's with Sunny and Stephanie.

 

"Do you think Vivian knows what we're planning?" The gifted muttered before looking back at her, Yoona has the feeling of doubt that Vivian had never sworn loyalty towards Catharine, no matter how much she trusted the blonde woman with her exploits. "I could hardly think she didn't know about our plan, since she caught you getting some information about what happened to us."

 

"Vivian is much more difficult to trust than Catharine, every time I looked into her eyes I have this feeling that she is up to something even Catharine doesn't know." Seohyun sighed and turns to face the other. "That woman has full of mysteries than Catharine have."

 

Their eyes made contact and their lips eventually, kissing passionately on the bed, Seohyun smiled every time her lover starts to feel nothing but the joy of being with her alone. Seohyun wrapped her arms around the other without breaking their kiss, savouring the taste of her luscious lips. Yoona slowly went on top of her with a seductive grin on her face, "I know that you know where this is going." She whispered.

 

Seohyun chuckled and whispers back, "Go on, I know you missed it." She then starts kissing her again but more deeper with lust, wanting to make another session of their love on the bed. The older vampire slowly undressed the other and starts kissing her skin gently while Seohyun let's her do all the undressing and only kisses her neck.

 

"I love you, Seo Joohyun." She muttered before she kissed her lips again, "I love you more than anything." Seohyun answered as she closed her eyes, wanting to feel the other's touch on her body.

 


 

Seohyun opened her eyes and what she is seeing in front of her was an ancient stone chalice, on top of it is a glowing palm size of a sphere that has the stones that they collected years ago and used it as their signature weapons. The second gifted was in the underground of an unknown location, the tubes are all connected to the chalice as if it was the source of the energy, the radiance of the sphere is powerful enough to attract Seohyun. The vampire went closer to the chalice, tempting to touch the glowing sphere.

 

She couldn't speak as if something is holding her back to utter words from , was it because of the sphere? Or is it something else? She doesn't know, but she is still walking towards the chalice and slowly stretching her hand to reach it. Seohyun's eyes focused towards the sphere that resonates its power to attract the gifted, her fingers are almost a few inches towards it when someone touched her, stopping her from holding the sphere.

 

The vampire turned her head to see a white hooded figure, a hooded goddess, a nameless one. Her long hood covered her face and whispered to Seohyun, uttering a few words at her. Her eyes widen by her words, she turned her head back to the sphere but in front of her is Catharine, doing the same actions like her, mirroring her movement as if it is a two-way mirror.

 


 

Meanwhile in the surveillance room, Wendy and Irene are looking through the monitors as they are trying to track down Jessica who had been missing in action for four years. Wendy sighed and looked at the other as she felt hopeless when she couldn't reach her contact, "I can't reach her, her phone might be off." The young half-blood told Irene.

 

"Let me... This will only take a few seconds." Irene looked at the algorithms in the command system before she starts typing something, trying to strengthen the connection to the current location of Jessica. She connected the satellite with a camera to see how she has been doing, she zoomed in to her location and saw that she's with someone who has a blonde hair beside her, she moved her mouse again to zoom in and she gasped.

 

"That's..."

 

Wendy ran to the living room where the other vampires are, "Eonnies! We found Jessica and Tiffany eonnie!" 

 


 

JESSICA

 

How strange...

 

I don't know how to contact Taeyeon and the others, it has been four years and the girl group who is on the spotlight were Catherine and our other body double. As far as I know they are on a long break when I left and found Tiffany being brainwashed by this Vivian, Yoona's body double. What she did to Tiffany is unforgivable, to me especially.

 

But it is good to make Tiffany remember all that happened, it took me three years to get her back to the way she used to be. Krystal and Leo were free from the crystals, thanks to Victoria, but they are still irresponsive and I have to find a way how to wake them up. Tiffany and I traveled all over South Korea without people tailing us, finding a way to break the curse that binds the two of them. The power of darkness is still in them even though I already heard that the half-bloods defeated Hyuna, who stole Hyoyeon's power. 

 

Nobody knows what happened to the others, they just disappeared without me knowing. We need to look for them. God why am I feeling desperate to look for them? Seohyun is a gifted and she knows how to fight as Taeyeon and the others too, but I have a feeling that there is really happening inside BBS besides Catharine and Vivian gathering all the body doubles.

 

"Babe?" 

 

I opened my eyes and looked at Tiffany who is beside me on the bed, "Hm?" Her beauty is still breathtaking, her eyes never fail me to break a smile at her, "I know this is the 10th time I'm going to ask you, do you think something really happened to Taeyeon and the others?" She asked. I sighed quietly and holds her hand gently, "I'm starting to think something happened to them, I'm already feeling worried than what I felt on both of my siblings." I responded then I slowly rose from the bed.

 

I walked to the rack of coats and pulled my silky robe then wear it to cover my underwear. So far we're in Jeju Island, the paranoia of people living in the urban cities didn't affect the people living in here, plus I already rented a private home here seven years ago. I walked to the balcony and leaned on the edge to see the sun rising from the sea, what a beautiful sight to see.

 

Even though we stayed here for a year, I had to take a break but my work as a founder of a clothing line should still be present. I want to go back to BBS to check what is happening in there but according to Tiffany, they shut down all the communications of the people who are in the outside. I broke the chains of my contract with the BBS upon terminating my contract as a part of Girls' Generation, I had my reasons. Though Taeyeon can be annoying sometimes, I couldn't help but to think where the hell are they.

 

I felt someone wrapping around my waist and I tilt my head to see Tiffany beside me, I smiled gently and kissed her cheek. "Baby... Would you mind prepare our breakfast?" I asked and gave me a wide smile, "What would you like? American? or Korean?"

 

I scoffed a bit, "American." I replied before Tiffany gave me a peck on my lips before she let go and went to the kitchen to prepare out breakfast. I stayed in the balcony for more minutes to think about the ways to reconnect with the others, I have contacted each of the member's phone numbers but they aren't answering. I tried to contact Victoria's or Amber's or Luna's but it always told me they're out of service. The half-bloods, I never asked them their numbers, nor they asked my number, we're not close, that's that.

 

Going back to BBS might take away my limbs to know what happened to them, especially the oppression law against the supernatural creatures will get us in trouble. Security is pretty tight when we go back to Seoul unprepared, it might also be the fall of my clothing line when they knew the founder is a vampire. Sometimes, other humans should be thankful they are still alive and not living as a human cattle. I pulled myself away from the balcony and walked down the kitchen.

 

I could already smell what Tiffany is cooking, I went behind her and slowly hugging her while she cooks breakfast. I hummed in delight as I touched her waist, she is so soft and irresistible bunch. I kissed her back and chuckles as she kept cooking our meal. "Fany-ah, you know how much I always adore you since we first met as kids?"

 

Tiffany giggles and answered, "Tell me about it," She then puts all the cooked foods on the plates and puts them gently on table. I pulled away as she served the dish, "You always protected me when we were kids, you and Krystal are supposed to be knights." She told her before sitting on a chair as I sat beside her. "And you were trying to be damsel-in-distress." Then we start eating our breakfast.

 

After eating breakfast, we drink a glass of blood for our diet before I noticed that my phone rang, I dried my hands with a hand towel before I picked it up from the counter. I saw the caller ID that was calling me and it was a pink playboy bunny, this must be a prank call from someone, but I got bothered to answer it. I tapped the answer button and sighed, "Whoever you are, I only answered it to warn you that if you start calling on me again, I will find you... and I will rip your neck and your blood. Not only that, I will bury you somewhere your family won't find you--" I hissed as I threatened whoever is making pranks with me.

 

"YAH JESSICA JUNG! IS THAT HOW YOU GREET PEOPLE NOWADAYS!?"

 

I almost dropped the phone when I got astounded by the familiar voice shouting from the other line.

 

"T-Taeyeon?" I uttered and still couldn't believe she is calling me right now after four years of not giving a sign, I looked around and went back on answering back to her. "Where in the actual were you? You haven't been calling me for four ing years!" I responded before walking to the living room.

 

"In an undisclosed area where no one will know, I'll send you the coordinates of where we are so you can track us." Taeyeon told me before I get a tissue and a pen to write the coordinates for their location, "Right now, we're in a bunker and BBS got compromised." Compromised, eh? That's new. "Hm, that's a bad news. I'm starting to think Catharine is aware of that. Anyway, how tight the security in Seoul right now?"

 

A grunting noise was heard from the other line before she replied, "More than ever, but we got some information that might interests you... and also the reasons why we got MIA or KIA in BBS's lists." Then Taeyeon starts telling the coordinates and I wrote it on a tissue before I start asking her, about what happened to them. "What's the reason why you went missing? Tiffany have been worrying a lot, even me sometimes."

 

"I know it's a bit weird but some bastards outnumbered us and brought us to a cave, then we got trapped in some sort of virtual reality." She answered and sighed, "I'll tell you more when you get here."

 

I want to know but... if I get caught by the security back in Seoul, my reputation will be ruined, as well as my business. But if I didn't do anything, guilt and regret will come after me, might as well their ghosts will haunt me forever. I clenched my fist as Taeyeon still talking to me through the phone, I bit my lip and responded. "I... I'm sorry, Taeyeon..." I apologized as I refused to look for them. "I can't risk what I have been working for, I can't risk my business and my name with this."

 

Then I heard a scoff and I know Taeyeon is now getting angry, "Unbelievable, after all I have told you for a few minutes and now you go saying no-- HEY!" I frowned when someone just snatched the phone from Taeyeon.

 

"Hello there, Cat. Remember me?" Of course, I know who this is.

 

"Stephanie..." I responded as I looked at the window as I'm looking out of Tiffany coming home from buying some groceries and thankfully she isn't here yet, "Listen here, you little -- I'm not gonna be easy on you as always, since you have been avoiding the authorities or any publicity for the last four ing years and took Tiffany with your travels without me knowing where the she is..."

 

"I swear to ing god that you will ing regret what you just said just now, you didn't just refuse to help us in a bigger problem but also taking away my twin sister just for you to have a ing comfort and tell her she's ing safe with you-- Ha! you and your ing business of whatever the you are working for. But remembering you now as a ing cat whose been cowardly hiding from getting caught as a vampire, as you have always been, it made me want to just look at how ing pathetic you are now and what those four ing years made you into. If my sister knew that I died, Taeyeon died-- o-or even Seohyun died, who is to ing blame for not helping? She will blame you and eventually leave you for you being a coward."

 

I grit my teeth at what that badass just called me, "Things changed... And you cannot--" But she interrupted me with a mocking laugh. "No ing things changed in our side, if you want to save your hide and keep your ing business as it should be, then get your up and ing help us you coward ing cat!"

 

God I can't believe I'm letting Tiffany's bad twin getting me derailed by her potty mouth, it would be a shame if Tiffany sees my expression getting crumpled by her own sister's intimidating words against me or even hear her sister derailing me with her razor sharp words. Stephanie's words made me feel like I have to be ashamed of how afraid I am to face the enemies over my privacy and my business.

 

I grinned and sighed, I missed butting heads with Stephanie and now she got the opportunity to flatten me because of how afraid I am. It took me five seconds to realized that they are the only family I had, and not helping them will make me feel like a ing mess. "Fine, you got me. But the next time we meet, I won't let my guard down, Stephanie." I responded without taking away the grin on my face.

 

She laughed maniacally before she answered, "I ing knew you won't get away!" she kept on laughing as I sighed. "No time to for dilly dally now, get your and Tiffany's to the given coordinates... Do you want us to prepare you a welcoming party?" I snort a bit and shakes my head, "No need, it's an urgent situation we got here. No parties until our job is done."

 

"Have it your way then." Then I heard some indistinctive voices that she gave the phone to Taeyeon, "Now, what do you say?" I grinned and touched the glass in the window, my fingertip starts to spread the frost pattern in it. "Give me three days to prepare, then we'll go back to Seoul before you know it."

 

---

 

Another chapter done!

Stephanie really did made Jessica crumpled to her feet there!  No one bests Stephanie and her formidable mouth when it comes to arguments HAHAHA!

Help is on their way and the next chapter might be about lies and deception... can you guess who is it?

We are more and more closer to the ending! Please stay tuned guys!