10: The One who Tried to Kill

Living as a Vampire III

SEOHYUN

   A tragedy?

 

  The Great Blood Moon?

 

  Succubus?

 

  These things were driving me crazy, since Catharine told about it. Now I know what Hyuna wants now. Few years ago, BoA tried to killed me, now, her daughter has the same motives to get me. I think she only told me and not other people around her. This should be a secret then. Between the both of us. Though I even say hi to her in the first place.

 

  Here I am, lying on my bed and still wide awake, thinking on how to find the only thing to prevent the succubus to eat my soul. The moonstone. She already caught by BoA long time ago but it failed and now she warned me that Hyuna will do the same to me.

 

  I closed my eyes and sit up, I cup half of my face with a palm and rubbed it, "Ugh, I can't sleep..." I muttered with a groan. Why would I need to sleep? Vampires were tireless and no more functioning melatonin in their heads, saying that we should have to sleep. But it's my nature that I sleep at night in spite of being a gifted vampire.

 

  In the corner of my eyes, I saw a card in my bed. I took the card, my eyes adjust through the dark and read it. It was Catharine's calling card. If I have some questions, I have to call her. She even said to me not to be nervous so much. Why couldn't I? Catharine is the first gifted. The respective one. One of the legendary ancient vampires. The first liberated vampire who choose to save Taeyeon and the others from the Volturi. She had done everything to make me (or us) so nervous.

 

  One more thing, she's alive.

 

  I'm not strong enough to control completely my abilities. Yes, I can see memories of their pasts. Yes, a gifted that can create a force field. Yes, I can control water. But no, I can't have a telepathic powers like her.

 

  Then I heard a loud thud coming from the outside, I stood up and wear a robe since I was only wearing a white tank top and a pajama. I opened the door and the first thing I smelled was blood, its soothing aroma tickled my nose. I haven't drink blood for 5 days. God, I'm starving and thirsty. No, I have to resist it.

 

  I followed the trail of blood to the living room, to the dining and then to the kitchen. I stopped as I saw who is the person owns the blood, "Oh god, Hyojeon!" I rushed quickly to her, she was panting and has a deep wound in her right side of her stomach. "E-Eonnie..." I groaned as the blood keeps bleeding out of her.

 

  "I have to tell this to Taeyeon--" but she quickly grabbed my hand, "Don't. I don't want to see them like this." She whispered. I leaned closer to her, "What happened to you? Did a monster attacked you?" I asked her.

 

  "No, someone shoot me and I don't know who is it. I think it wants to kill me." She said with a pained tone. I looked to her, I'm so worried about her. "Come on, let's get you into your room. Quick." I grabbed her arm and put it over my nape then quickly walked to her room.

 

  I put her on her bed, I got the first aid kit in the bed. Then I put her shirt up and saw the wound, "The bullet stucked inside, I need to get this thing off of you. But it will be more blood to ooze. Yet, I can handle it." I said and get the gauge in my hand. "Just... do it, eonnie." She said.

 

  "Are you sure?"

 

  She nodded in reply, I sighed, "Here we go... 1, 2, 3." I dug two fingers inside the fresh wound then she tried not to scream or else others would hear it. She gritted her teeth as I pull the bullet very slowly off from her, "You're going to be alright, Hyo. Just ease the pain." I said as I pressed my hand with a gauge against the wound to stop bleeding.

 

  "Please hold it for a while," I put her hand to where I attached the gauge into her wound, "I'll get a glass of water." I said as I went back to the kitchen and pour a glass of water. Then I went back to her room and she still in the bed, "Okay, remove the gauge." Then she removed it.

 

  I poured a half amount of water in my palm, it floats in the air in a sphere-shape form. Then the water went to the wound and in a few seconds it reconstructing, I see Hyojeon crying silently. I touched her cheek and wiped her tears, "It's alright, Hyojeon." I smiled for her. But she keeps crying, not because of the wound, it's because of something.

 

  I sat next to her, "Don't hold it, it's better to keep it flow to lessen your heavy thing in you." I adviced. She sobbed and hugged me, "Eonnie..." She sniffed and looked to me, "...I'm scared." she whispered.

 

  "Why? What happened?" I asked her.

 

  "Those people, tried to kill me." She answered and squeezed her both hands on my clothe. "The one I trusted tries to kill me."

 

  "What are you saying? I don't understand, Hyojeon." I said, trying to figure it out but all of it was clueless. "I want to know everything..." she sniffed again, "The BBS, they had something that they didn't tell me."

 


 

HYOJEON

  11:30 PM

 

  I had finished making their equipments but it cost me overtime, Joy eonnie and Irene eonnie slept in the middle of the work so I finished their works. My eyes were tired too, my whole body also. I took a deep breath, wiped my sweats in my head and clean my eyeglasses. I had to go back to the apartment where some of my eonnies were doing their own things.

 

  "Eonnie, you two were dozed off and exhausted while working with the equipments. So I was the one finished them." I chuckled while I was on the phone with Irene eonnie when walking alone.

 

  "Sorry about that, we haven't ate lunch earlier." she said. "It's okay, at least, I finished all of them." I answered, then I heard a laugh from the other line. "Yeri took a picture of Joy while sleeping. I'll send you the photo later."

 

  "Well, I have to go now. See you tomorrow, eonnie." I said as was going to hang up, "See ya!" then she hung up first.

 

  I walked on the other side of the street, I don't see any taxi cab anywhere. Only street lights. Well, I usually walk in here with Minjae. That girl, she always treat me like a sister. She's the one that I can talk with her about my life being with my older sisters. It's been two weeks since I skipped school, but I didn't drop out. 

 

  I sighed, I wish she's here with me.

 

  A loud scream stopped me from walking, the sound was not much in a distance. Like it was near from where I was. I ran to where I heard the scream, I saw one of the street lights were off. My eyes adjusted from that dark area, I saw an old man drinking the woman's neck dry. I was astonished and my body is shaking. At the moment the old man finished his meal, his red hungry eyes looked to me.

 

  "Ohh, another meal." he said then his bloody lips. "I think your blood will be more delicious than my previous meal."

 

  No time to scream, then I started to run in the opposite way. My whole body had no more energy to make myself run faster, I have poured all of it on working for the equipments. My body is burning inside of me, I felt mixed emotions and my life is running from death. I don't want to die yet!

 

  Then he pounced and got me, he grinned. "You smell so good!" his bloody teeth were almost a centimeter onto my neck. "Get off of me, you monster!" I pushed him with my inhuman strength, making my claws to grow again. I tried myself not to change again into like him.

 

  "You're not a human. You're a creature like me." he said, but I didn't reply and just stared at him. He smirked, "Well, a prey like you would have a delicious blood than all human blood that I tasted." Then he quickly charge forward and grabbed my both shoulders, then he was going to bite me but resist him to bite me. "I can't let you bite me!" I yelled. "Just. One. Bite."

 

  That's when my little anger showed and my eyes went purple colored, my teeth turned into canine then clawed his chest. That's when he screams in pain, I pushed him again then pounced at him. My claws strucked into his chest and took his heart out. I uncontrollably grinned at the dead vampire then throw his heart somewhere.

 

  "Hyojeon."

 

  The moment I tilt my head, I heard a click of a gun that points on my head. I sniffed and my lips, "Turn around slowly. Don't do anything or else I'm not gonna doubt to shoot you." she commanded.

 

  I do as she ordered, I raised my both arms and turn around. I went back to my normal form as I saw who is this woman, "M-Minjae?"

 

  She smirked with no expression, just a calm but cold expression. Now, she's pointing a Dessert Eagle in my head. "I knew something happened to you, Hyojeon." she said firmly, "L-Listen, Minjae. I'm sorry that I didn't go to school for two weeks, because I had this abnormal growth." I told her, "Taeyeon eonnie didn't allowed me to go to school because if that happens, you and others will be curious about me if I'm Hyoyeon eonnie or not."

 

  "We're not talking about school, Hyojeon Kim. We're talking about who you are." she snapped out, "We've been looking for you, the agency wants you dead."

 

  "Wants me dead? What do you mean?" I asked.

 

  "I know you're working for Black Blood Society..." she still pointing her gun on my head, "...and you must know that I'm working for Rogue Hunters Agency." That surprised me. "You are a hunter?" I almost exclaimed. She grinned, "Isn't it obvious? I'm holding a gun in front of you."

 

  "But why? Why your agency wants me dead?"

 

  Her eyes widen, "So you don't know?" she said. I sighed and rolled my eyes, "That's why I'm asking."

 

  "So the BBS didn't tell you, that you are the last." she explained, "What last?" I asked her again. "That's all you want to know for now, Hyojeon." then she raised her gun again and point it to me. I clenched my fist, "I thought you're my best friend." I said.

 

  "Best friend?" she scoffed, "Best friend who killed my parents, really?"

 

  "I haven't done anything wrong to you, Minjae. You have been mistaken--"

 

  "Mistaken? No, no, Hyojeon. I know exactly who were the monsters murdered my parents." she said, "You creatures were gone extinct long time ago, but I'm happy that I caught one to kill this night."

 

  "I trusted a people like you..." I gritted my teeth and my eyes started to change into purple again. "I even called you a best friend..." My claws starts to grow again, "And now you want to kill me." I looked to her.

 

  "You're not belong to this world, Hyojeon. You were born to the world where you hunt, eat and live."

 

  I shook my head, "Don't say that." I muttered trying to hold my rage in front of her. "What? It's true, you were lying to yourself and even to your vampire older sisters. You were such a very good liar, Hyojeon. You insist yourself that your race is a human but you are actually not. You were just like any creatures that wants to feed themselves on their human preys!"

 

  That's when my last straw snapped, I quickly smacked the gun she was holding then caught her neck. She smirked and kicked me on my stomach, that caused me to loose the grip. She was going to pick up the gun but I kicked it before she would, I punched her in the face and lean her against the wall.

 

  I growled and throw her on the on the other wall, now I had a chance to get away from her. I didn't fight back and run fast as I can, "Coward!" She shouted, making me to stop. I turn around and I heard a gun shot, the bullet strucked into my right side of my abdomen. I touched it and I saw blood on my hand.

 

  I took out a smoke bomb and throw it in my position, that's when I dissapeared from her.

 

  I can't control myself from crying while going home. Of all people, why her? Why Minjae? I kept running alone while the wound in stomach wouldn't stop bleeding. The waves of sadness and anger were now inside of me. I can't accept that the only person that I trusted was trying to kill me.

 

 

---

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO KWON YURI!

Sorry if I updated so slow. I just had this mental breakdown these few days, I had to consult for the psychiatrist tomorrow. I don't want to talk about why I had this mental breakdown, it's confidential.

Stay tuned!