23: To The Virtual World!

Living as a Vampire III

SEOHYUN

It's unbearable...

 

How could we accept that our little sister is gone?

 

Hyojeon, why?

 

I couldn't say a word about what happened to her, we're all quiet and grieving for her. For our loss. Why? Of all people... Why Hyojeon? Why did she die like this? Hyojeon why?

 

"Seohyun..." I heard Yoona, she sat beside me and comforted me with her wings wrapped around me, "I know what you feel, we're all just the same of what happened." she whispered and looks up the moon. We were in the rooftop and she came and comforted me.

 

"Hyojeon is special to us, we treated her like we treated each other, like sisters, like siblings in bond." I muttered while hugging my knees and sobs. She sighed and hug me more, "We will always remember her, Seohyun." she said and letting her wings wrapped around me as I sobbed harder.

 

Everyone, even Victoria were in nostalgic moment of their lives because of our loss of Hyojeon. We came down from the rooftop and saw everyone in silence, all their faces cannot paint properly. I can see in their eyes were grieving in silence, especially Hyoyeon, whose Hyojeon's closest sister among us, is locking herself up inside her room.

 

I walked to Hyojeon's room and saw some of her stuffs, then I saw her glasses, jacket, and her cap, those things were with her everyday. Her laptop, skateboard, and her phone, those were the things we gave her on her 12th birthday, Christmas party and her Graduation party. She was very happy when we gift her a skateboard.

 

Everything inside of Hyojeon's room are memories now, Hyoyeon sometimes slept with her in this room, playing together like twins. I looked down and saw some picture frames on her study table, where she always creating new things like our weapons. I saw the pieces where she didn't finish, it looks like a piece of her invention. I don't know what is she planning with this. 

 

I was going to touch it when Taeyeon called me, "Seohyun..."

 

I turn around and saw her, leaning against the door with a calm but nostalgic expression, "Taeyeon?" She walked closer to the study table and looks at the things of Hyojeon. "Tough times, huh?" she looked at the picture frames, where Hyojeon and Hyoyeon and her inside, "This one, is the most saddest of all our tough times..." she mumbles and get the picture frame, "If we could find an evidence that she's innocent... then none of these would've happened." she looks at me.

 

"What happened to her, really?" I asked her.

 

"Stephanie told me everything, Hyojeon was trying to escape and surpasses her. She told me a woman with a mask, the one who freed her from the cell. Then, they escaped by driving one of the ambulance and explode. It was not an accident, that masked woman she's talking about is the one who planned to kill Hyojeon." She clenched her fists.

 

I looked to the piece again and get it, "I should talk to Irene about this, maybe she's planning something but ended up incomplete." I said and hid the piece on my pocket. "So... you're going to check if that piece is one of her inventions or an evidence?" Taeyeon asked. I shrugged, "I don't know, but I have to find out." I answered.

 

I closed my eyes and sighed, thinking that I am moving on from this pain inside of me...

 


 

Days later...

 

"Yes! Her invention was finally complete!" I almost stumbled on the ground as Irene hollered in triumph.

 

"W-What do you mean?" I asked her, "She was going to give me this before she was arrested." she raised the piece I gave to her. "Our dreams will finally come true!" 

 

Yoona and I looked with each other for a moment then return our looks at Irene, "What do you really mean by that, Irene?" Yoona asked again. She grins, "We were planning to create a machine to allow people enter a visual world. She was one of our co-workers to create it and now that I have the last piece, the simulator machine can now be completed!" she explained. "Wait, you mean, you're going to create a video game machine?" I clarify, then she nods.

 

"Yeah, eonnie. I guess she can finally be in rest as our problem is solved." she smiled sadly. We nod nostalgically, "I think she'd be happy by now." Yoona said.

 

We followed Irene to where the machine was going to start, she attached the piece in the engine and she went to the control room and starts the machine. She smiled in joy as the machine is functioning, "It worked!"

 

"I'll show you some of the simulating machines you can try." she said and types on the digital keyboard then we saw nine simulating machines. "There is it, you can try and have some taste of what virtual world be like." she said with a wide smile.

 

We walked over to one of the machines and lay down there, "Ready to have a ride to virtual reality, eonnies?" she asked. "Ready." We answered in unison. A helm with some wires came down and then I out.

 


 

 

"Okay, let me just sign in then the simulation starts." I heard Irene said as I saw an account login.

 

After few moments, I was shifted to the virtual reality she said. Then another place came and I was in a plain grass, the sky was clear and the breeze of the wind. It feels like they're all real! Then I saw a woman beside me, "Yoona?" I called her, she turned to me, "Seohyun?"

 

"Now that you two are in the virtual world, I already maxed your strength, zero vulnerability, zero weakness. I'll just type some monsters for a moment..." she said.

 

Then a letter appeared on the top:

 

LEVEL 99
BEGIN!

 

 

Then some monsters appeared, some are big and fat and some are small yet terrible. We dropped into fighting stance and start fighting them off, "This is cool!" Yoona commented and starts beating some monsters off.

 

"We should tell this to everyone!" I think she was enjoying, "Yeah." I agreed and starts launching some monsters a force punch. "Let's play this often!" she said while washing the monsters off her way.

 

We eventually help each other to get rid of the virtual monsters then we combined our powers until they dissapeared. We smile at each other then look up as Irene told us, "Alright, I'll get you guys into reality." then it went off and the helmets craned up. "We will call Taeyeon and the others to try this stuffs." I said as we got up from the machine and walks out of the room.

 

"Wow! That's the super fantastic virtual reality you've got!" Yoona exclaimed as she enjoyed the game but all thanks to Hyojeon, one of the creators who made it. I smiled nostalgically and whispered, "Even though you're not here anymore, you still finished what you started."

 

Suddenly, my phone rang and looked at someone who message me...

 

[I am sorry for your loss, Seohyun. But we cannot let our emotions driven by our mission. Tomorrow, I will meet you all in the briefing room.

-Catharine]

---

Sorry guys! Imma lil busy-- or tbh I'm super busy. But I hope you guys be patient as ever. I know some of you were tired of waiting but let me arrange my schedule for my time. 

And umm... Stay tuned!