4: Echoing Shot

Living as a Vampire III

 

 

  In a large mansion, there is a woman sitting in her swiveling chair while writing in a leathered notebook, beside it was a porcelain glass of chess piece of a queen. Her orange curly hair were tied downward and her dark vermillion eyes were just staring at the papers down on her desk. Calm, expressionless and no signs of happiness were plastered on her face. She's tired. She has been wide awake all night; sitting, writing and thinking about her. She misses her so much, she misses her for hundred years. They thought she was dead, they thought it was the end of her, but she survived.

 

  "Wide awake, again?"

 

  As she heard Vivian's voice, she stopped writing and put her pen down. She sighed and closed her eyes for a bit then looked to the blonde woman, "When am I going to meet her?" she asked Vivian. the blonde woman was leaning against the wooden door and crossing her arms, "Who? Yoona? Or Joohyun?" she said. The first gifted nodded in reply, "Well, it's up to you if you are ready to face the last gifted in person." Vivian adviced.

 

  Catharine smirked and picked the porcelain chess piece, "Am I making my life complicated more? or is it just this foolish fate that I'm in right now?" she asked while studying the chess piece in her hand. "Life is really simple, Catharine, but we insist on making it complicated." Vivian quoted.

 

  Vivian has been loyal to Catharine since she first encountered her with a fight, she saved her from being sealed in a coffin for 20 years and she started to be with her when she don't have a home to live. Though she's a deserted and prideful, she owes her life to her.

 

  "You are not planning to be an enemy of them, are you?" she asked the first gifted. "I will be neutral, I have no sides to be with but myself." Catharine said and finally stood up from her chair. She walked towards the curtains and opened it, revealing the sun rays striked before her, her dark crimson irises lightened by the sun's light.

 

  "You've been thinking about her too much, Catharine. Why won't you let go?" Vivian challenged as she glared at her, "Because, I know..." she turn around and looked straight in her eyes, "...she's still thinking about me."

 

  That makes Vivian chuckled, "You are still the stubborn old friend from the past." she commented, "That devil knows that you are already dead, she witnessed your death, so why is she still hoping that you survived?"

 

  "If she is a devil then, what are you, Vivian Lim?" The first gifted striked back.

 

  The blonde woman grin and starts to walk towards her, "An immortal being, with a heart beat and veins still throbbing inside of me." she answered, wisely. "I never knew how you become like this, Vivian. We have been friends before I met Yoona, since I met everyone, but one thing that I want to know is that how you become until you dissapeared." she said.

 

  "I am looking for myself, Catharine. That is why I left with you and Victoria." She answered. "Until now, I don't know who and what am I."

 

  "Maybe I can help you with that, if you want." Catharine is willing to help for those who are in need. She helped Taeyeon and Hyoyeon for their needs as long as they would stay with her and served.

 

  But Vivian gave her a vigorous grin, "Though I owe you my life, I don't need another person to help me. I will take my own responsibility, it is my mission to find myself." She admit. Catharine moved forward and looked to her eyes, reading her thoughts by looking at her eyes is one of the first gifted's ability.

 

  Few moments later, Catharine smiled. "You are so determined to find your true identity." She commented, "As always, Catharine. As always." Vivian answered.

 

  As Catharine walked out of her office, Vivian followed her. "So, any plans?" Vivian asked.

 

  "We will collaborate with them next week, so we have to be ready." The gifted said, "We will meet my former maids who become a famous Girls' Generation."

 

  The two encountered Yul and Sooyeon, "Did you found her?" Vivian asked the two body doubles. They both nodded in reply, making the blonde smirked. "Hyojeon Kim and Stephanie Hwang, you will become one of our family."

 


 

 

HYO

  Okay, I have been here in the headquarters for three days for the check up. Seulgi eonnie said that I had this abnormal growth, I just got 18 last month, why would I have growing so fast?

 

  I was in my room, watching my eonnies dancing in the stage on TV, while watching I grabbed two packs of chocolate chips and my laptop to search something again. It's so boring, I have to get outside and get some fresh air, but it was heavy security. I can't get out of the Headquarters that quick.

 

  "I'm bored!" I heave a sigh and lean my body again on the bed.

 

  Should I sneak out of the headquarters for a few while? I need to watch my eonnies for their performance. I got up from the bed and walked up to my closet, I nearly forgot that my clothes weren't suit for me anymore, since I had this stupid abnormal growth, Hyoyeon eonnie wears me her clothes. I walked to her closet since me and Hyoyeon eonnie shared each other in one room.

 

  I opened her closet and saw many clean clothes, Hyoyeon eonnie is a real neat vampire. I picked one of her plain shirt, one skinny jean, a pair of dancing shoes and a black Lacoste jacket. I also wear a yankee cap and a face mask not to expose my same face like my eonnie or else there will be an issue, and plus... I'm dead.

 

  Then I grab my backpack and off to go...

 

  "Where the hell are you going?" Oh no...

 

  Someone grabbed the hood of the jacket to stop me from walking, I turn around and saw Stephanie eonnie's bored face, "H-Hi Steph eonnie!" I greeted with a smile. "Don't give me that smile, brownie hair. Why are you wearing blondy hair's clothes?" She looked to me from head to toe.

 

  "I have uhh... I have to go to Minjae's house, she called me to come over to her house." I lied and still with a goofy smile. "Look, I have to go." I was going to walk pass her but she pulled me again, "I'm still not saying a yes for that, brownie hair. So don't go anywhere until I say so." She said.

 

  It gives me a groan when Stephanie eonnie wasn't fully agree to my excuses, "But, I really have to go!" I insist. "In this condition? Look, brownie hair, what if Minjae saw you that you are taller as blondy hair? She will think that you are Kim Hyoyeon." She said.

 

  "I have to explain it to her then."

 

  I was going to walk away again but this time, she grabbed my arm with an inhuman tightness to stop me again. She gave me a fierce look with matching red orbs colored in her both irises of her eyes, which gives me a chills to my spine, "I'm not finish yet, Kim Hyojeon." Damn, she is really scary when she is angry.

 

  "I... I'm not a kid anymore, eonnie. I can handle myself." I tried to remove my arm from her grasp but I have no match with her vampiric strength.

 

  She scoffed, "Oh really? You're not a kid anymore? Are you sure about that?" She spat without changing back her reddish orbs. "Can't you see, eonnie? I'm 18 years old." I answered, "Well, I'm 678 years old. But you are still a kid to me." She answered back.

 

  "Let me go, eonnie." I said, she smirked first then let go of my arm. "Prove me that you're a matured one, kid." Then she holds my shoulder, "I'm coming with you."

 

  We went out of the headquarters and took a bus on the way to the place where they are still performing, Steph eonnie said either her or Fany eonnie will take care of me while my other eonnies were in their schedule and sometimes, concerts. We both wear face mask to cover our faces and not to expose it.

 

  We stopped and went out of the bus as we reached the place where they performed, "How can we enter inside if we don't have tickets?" I complain and scratch my scalp. Stephanie eonnie smirked, "Don't worry, I'll handle this." she suddenly carry me then leap high to the top of the building. She put me down, "Are you doing this everytime you want to get inside the building?" I asked.

 

  "Sometimes." she said then we walked inside the building.

 

  We went to the backstage and my eonnies dancing their latest song Mr. Mr. in the stage. I heard the audience were shouting their names and cheering them, some of their fans raised their banners and some of them sing along with the lyrics. I saw Hyoyeon eonnie's solo dance in the middle stage, she's really good at dancing. I know I've seen her dancing many times, but she's really dancing good everytime she keeps moving.

 

  "They're really awesome, eonnie." I commented, "Well, thanks for the compliment." she answered and gave a fluttering look. I don't get what she's saying, "Thanks for the compliment? What are you talking about?" I asked her. Stephanie eonnie rolls her eyes, "Duh, I'm one of them, you know?"

 

  I turned to the audience and saw something is not right, I scanned the people down the stage then I saw a man wearing a mask and a cap while pointing a gun to them. "No..." without warning I went down to catch that guy, I rushed to that man before he shoot one of my eonnies.

 

  As I went closer to the guy, I grabbed his arm holding a gun and raised it upward then he pulled the trigger. A gun shot echoed louder than the music from the studio. "How dare you going to kill someone on the stage, you bastard!" I said then punched him in his face then kicked him, he got his chance to attack me but someone halted his fist, "It's not a right time to shoot a person on the stage, dude." Stephanie eonnie said cooly then grabbed his arm and twisted it.

 

  He screamed in pain, he didn't fought back and run away. "Scaredy cat." Eonnie commented, I gritted my teeth and glared at her, "Why did you let him run away like that?" I said. "You should've finished him." Then Stephanie eonnie looked to me, "Are you insane, brownie? I won't finish a person in a state of publicity. Look." Some of the fans were staring at us.

 

  "I'll go catch him myself." I said and run where that man went outside, I must catch him and call the cops but instead of doing that. I am busted, I saw that man pointing at me with a security guard. "She's there! She's the one who sabotaged the performance." Then it run away out of the building, "What?" Now he twisted the story and I'm now the criminal.

 

  As the two security guards run towards me, I started to turn my feet and run to the other way. Now I'm being chased by those guards, "Hey! Stop right there!" one of them whistled but I kept running until I saw in a distance a fire exit sign. I got inside the fire exit, when someone grabbed my mouth and hid me in the dark platform. "Don't scream." A calm voice said, which is familiar to me.

 

  The two guards got inside the fire exit and panting, "Where's that girl?" said one of the guards. "She's really fast, maybe she went downstairs." Then they went downstairs, thinking I went down. When they are completely gone, I went out of the dark platform with someone. "That was close." I said while placing my hand on my chest.

 

  "The next time you had this chase, better hide in a unnoticed spot." I turn around and saw a blonde woman wearing an eyeglass as mine, holding a camera and wearing an ID. "Uhh, thanks for saving me. I actually not the one who sabotaged the performance." I said.

 

  She smiled and patted my head, "No problem, dear. I was just sneaking in to make a new article for Girls' Generation."

 

  "So you're a journalist." Then I placed my hand under my chin, "But it's weird that I've never seen a journalist that is sneaking inside just to make an article." I wondered. Her face eventually went nervous, "U-Uhh, it's my third time to sneak inside." She answered.

 

  "Well, thanks, eonnie. I'm Hyojeon." I introduced myself, "I'm Kim Vivian, a journalist from Scandal News." She held a hand shake, I smiled and shook my hand with her. "Nice to meet you eonnie..." Then I blinked my eyes as I forgot that I left Stephanie eonnie inside the studio, "And I need to go." Then I went out of the fire exit...

 


 

  "Kim Hyojeon, what the hell happened there?" Taeyeon eonnie is very agitated right now and no one can calm her quickly. Stephanie eonnie didn't do anything and just leaning against wall.

 

  I was sitting in the middle of the couch, I felt uneasy after what I just did. All of them were here, staring at me, some of my eonnies gave me a dissaproving look especially Jessica eonnie. I squeezed my hands and still staring down, "You know how it almost ruined our entire performance?" She said again.

 

  "I... I tried to--" I'm afraid to answer not because of Taeyeon eonnie's angry looking face, it's because of the scary and angry atmosphere.

 

  "You tried to what?" She hollered, but Hyoyeon eonnie halted her. "Taeyeon, you should calm down." Eonnie said, "We should hear her out first." Then she looked to me and sat beside me. "Hyo, what happened? Tell us." Her voice and sincere atmosphere prevents me from being scared.

 

  I squeezed my hands more, "I'm just trying to protect you, e-eonnie. I caught that one of the audience was an anti-fan and tried to shoot one of you while performing on the stage, so I prevent him not to shoot in your direction." I stated. "I got angry that time because his trying to kill one of you."

 

  Hyoyeon rubbed my back and glanced at her older sister, "See? She didn't interrupt our performance there, she tried to protect us, Taeyeon." Hyoyeon eonnie clarified.

 

  I heard Taeyeon eonnie's growl then glanced at Stephanie eonnie, "I told you to look after her, Steph." She said to her. "Hey, don't blame me, she insisted to go watch your performance, that's all." Stephanie defended.

 

  "Taeyeon, could you just calm yourself? Hyo did that to save us, think about it." Sooyoung eonnie speaks. Yoona eonnie, Seohyun eonnie, Yuri eonnie, Sunny eonnie and Tiffany eonnie nodded in reply. A moment later, eight of my eonnies leave in the living room and three of us stayed.

 

  "You know..." Taeyeon gave me a life-threatening glare, "You're such a stupid kid, Hyo. You're just ruining our reputation!" Taeyeon eonnie exclaimed in frustration and anger towards me, "Stop, sis. You're just frustrated, she's just a teenager. It wasn't her fault." Hyoyeon eonnie defends me from Taeyeon eonnie's rage.

 

  "She's really getting on my nerves, Hyoyeon. She almost jailed because of chasing an anti-fan and almost ruined our performance there!" I tried not to burst in tears in front of her by clenching my fists.

 

  "Taeyeon, it's just a performance. What if one of us got shot and it completely ruined our performance? Who's you're going to blame?" Hyoyeon eonnie said to her. Then Hyoyeon eonnie looked to me, "Hyo, you can go to your room." She gestured then I followed her command.

 

  My heart beats faster as if it will burst inside, I tried not to burst into tears until I get inside of my room. I slumped my body against the bed and curled myself, while I am soft pillow I bit my lower lip trying my best not to cry again...

 

 

---

Hello again! Here's the update! Is it lame or what? Just comment so that I can know.

Stay tuned!