32: The Plan

Living as a Vampire III

TAEYEON

 

We went back to the bunker to regroup with Irene and Seulgi, now that we got their files and their motives about their plans to dominate BBS. I placed all the papers, as well as the pictures of our intended targets... including her. We have to make this work if we want to save the rest of our friends, Jessica is still off the radar. I wonder where she at, I just hope she's still alive and well.

 

Irene blocks all the networks that might send our location to the enemies, she's by far the best among the programming division. I might not know much of Irene but I have a feeling of a doubt that she has something that comes off a bit familiar, a faint feeling of familiarity of someone I might know. I'm afraid to talk to her about it, she might think it is something personal she doesn't want to talk about.

 

While still tracing the blueprint of the BBS headquarters on the table, drawing circles in the possible openings around it could be used to sneak in and out without being detected. I sighed and put the pen down and shakes my head, "No... we can't go back in there again." I talked to myself before looking at the picture of Catharine and Vivian. I scoffed and stand up from the chair, I saw Stephanie walking inside the dining room just to get some food in the fridge.

 

"You look awfully upset." She greeted before grinning, "Still working on the plans?" she added while taking a pint of coffee ice cream from the freezer.

 

I nodded and sighed, "Yeah... since we blew up one of the large parts of the headquarters, they will already expected us with heavy securities around the area." Then I looked down at the map. "The more soldiers in the headquarters, the harder we fight them... I was thinking we could make a separate attacks on their bases." I pointed the first base east of the map, "Daehyung Fort is the easiest base we could make our first attack, they might send troops when they send a signal from the HQ, they could also send one of the Blue Hawk's members or one of Irene's team."

 

"Hm? Why not attack the bases at the same time?" She asked as she went closer to me. Something sparks from my mind and looked back at the map, I grinned and glanced back at Stephanie, "You know... I think you're not a brawn-head after all, Steph." I hugged her and kissed her lips before circling the possible BBS bases on the map with my pen.

 

"I think I already have an idea."

 


 

IRENE

 

"Aren't you a clever girl?"

 

I panted simultaneously as I am on the ground for the nth time. I couldn't beat her or outsmarted her, she is too strong for me. I looked up at her as she never broke a sweat with any of my attacks, she's a vampire after all, and I'm just merely half of her. "I'm as clever as I can be... you already know where I got this cleverness, right, mother?" I told her as I get back to my feet while picking up a wooden sword from the ground.

 

My mother can only grin before she frowns again, "You also have a weak body, just like your father. He's a human, I know-- but he has a strong heart." I charged forward to attack her but it leaves me open to get me on the ground again, I groaned and start to feel the burning feeling in my nose; hardly swallowing in my throat and tears building up from my eyes, moments later, I cried while still on the ground.

 

My mother just looked down on me with an upsetting expression, "Pathetic..." She muttered and crosses her arms.

 

"You may have my wits, Joohyun. But I'm starting to think you're not his daughter." She told me. "You may be young for this training but your father is more younger when he faces the wrath of his parents whom they abandoned you, Janghyun has a strong heart and you never even see him crying-- not even one bit."

 

She turned away from me, not helping me to get up or even lend a hand, "You're lucky Janghyun named you by his surname, I would be ashamed if he names you by my surname."

 

I kept on sobbing as I looked at her, I heard her sigh and puts her both hands on her side, "I promised to him not to leave you behind after he's gone, Joohyun..." She looked back at me with a saddened expression, "As your mother, I have a duty to take care of you." Then she walked back to me and helped me get off from the ground. I sniffed and rubbed my eyes as I stopped crying, "W-Why? Why didn't you take care of me when my father was still alive?" I asked.

 

She sighed and pats my head gently, "You will know soon enough, Joohyun. You will understand someday." Then gave me a smile, the smile that has many secrets...

 

Remembering what she told me is still not enough to make me understand what she did to me all these years. I kept looking at my picture with her, I never imagine having a vampire mother would be any different than an ordinary mother. I failed her because I am not the one destined to be the perfect daughter.

 

I kept the photo to my diary and sighed, "When will be the time she'll ever told me she has given up on me?" I muttered while laying on a bed. "Pathetic, Joohyun... Just pathetic..." I whispered to myself as I hug a pillow next to me and trying my best to sleep but then the door swung open and just pretend that I'm sleeping whoever went inside the room.

 

"I know you're not sleeping, Irene." It was Seohyun. Why is she in here for?

 

I sighed and sat up from the bed before looking at her, "Why are you here, Seohyun?" I asked her with a bit frustration in my tone of voice. Almost everybody know how I sound, I sound like I'm always mad, but I really don't get mad (unless if it is about mother talk).

 

"I just want to talk to you for a moment." She answered, "About what happened when we were dragged in a cave, trapped in a virtual reality." She wanted to know what happened toward. I sighed and looked at her directly, "We told you all about what happened during those four years--"

 

"It's not about what happened in BBS... I meant the world, what happened while we're trapped?"

 

"South Korean government takes notice of the vampires and other supernatural creatures roaming around the country, they had found countless of footage of the crimes they had made." I told her, "People became paranoid because of it and sometimes it leads to confusion, so a few months after the first sightings of vampires and other creatures, the government had passed the law of supernatural oppression."

 

"Supernatural oppression? Does that mean...?"

 

I nodded once she is about to get what I'm saying, "It means that supernatural creatures like us will be arrested or get killed on sight, or whatever they see something unusual for them perhaps." I explained further. "So vampires like you, drinking blood is your cup of tea, you better do it privately or in secret." I crossed my arms and sighs.

 

"That would be hard for us to live, the RHA will take advantage this opportunity to get rid of us." Seohyun retorted, "And what about Catharine and the others? What are their reactions towards it?"

 

"Neutral. Catharine doesn't worry about it, she knew it would happen. She is well-prepared for it. As for Summer and the others, they have mixed reactions." I said before standing up from the bed. "Yeah, Catharine really knows what she has been seeing. I wonder if she ever predicted to have her own family."

 

I scoff and shakes my head, "A vampire like her never dreamed of having a family, not even having a husband." Those last words made Seohyun whipped her head back to me. "What do you mean? You sounded like you don't like her."

 

"I-I mean, she stole your identity as idols and she was the one who dragged you all into the virtual reality. W-Who wouldn't despised her after what she has done to other people even to you?" I keep my voice as low as possible before looking away.

 

Seohyun was about to say something when Seulgi came in, "Guys... Seohyun eonnie, you have to hear this." She beckoned us to go to the living room to listen something in the radio. All of us are in the couches as we listen to it.

 


 

Just a few minutes ago, the government sent armed forces to every districts of Seoul. It is to check every homes and every building if they are any supernatural creatures residing within the people of the country. In one instances, a group of rogue creatures blew up a large part of a private headquarter to show their resentment towards the law that the government had passed on four years ago due to the discovery of the unusual creatures doing heinous crimes all over the country.

This is not discrimination towards the unusual creatures, it is an absolute order towards them to get away from normal people. Those who are stubborn enough to stay and still doing crimes against humanity, will be gravely punished by the law.

 

"This is insane, people won't recognized some of us are on their sides!" Stephanie scoffs and crosses her arms as she squinted on the radio, "They never recognized we are on their side, it's just like the old times." she added. Taeyeon puts her palm on the other's lap and caressed it gently to calm her down, all of them inside the living room disagreed to what the government had implemented.

 

It would be an abomination for them if the humans kept denying their existence, that's what Seohyun thought it would be. If this continue further, they might not save their hides anymore especially now that BBS had considered them traitors and RHA considered them as Rank SSS on their lists. This won't be easy for them to go out of the world with all of the people's eyes are on them.

 

"Do we still have to continue our plan... Taeyeon?" Hyoyeon asked as she called their leader who had been thinking of a plan to save their friends. Taeyeon looked at each of them, their expressions painted with a hint of hopelessness. No matter what had happened these past few years, they are still relying on their leader, Kim Taeyeon to make a call.

 

It is a life or death situation, the petite vampire started to ponder. If they wanted to take back what they wanted the way it is, they need to save those who are imprisoned or used by their enemies.

 

She is made to be a leader for a reason and this time of desperation, she need everybody not to feel like they are losing. Taeyeon stood up from the couch and looked at Irene and Seulgi, both of them needed Yeri, Joy and Wendy. Then her gaze went to the others, they need Jessica and Tiffany... and the others whom they were under the radar the whole time. 

 

After a few moments of pondering, she made a decision. "No matter how the world has changed, we need to save and gather everyone we used to know." She told them monotonously, "We will continue this course of action. We will stand the way we used to. No matter what happens, we have to keep in mind that we're in this together. No fallout, no one will be left behind."

 

"Don't look like all is lost! All we be lost if we given up on what we're fighting for! We won't be seeing the daylight if we give up." She added before thinking about Catharine and her cohorts, "They know we are hiding and cowering, but we're not, we are just planning on what to do to attack them. Those traitors will pay for what they done to us." Her last words made Yoona agreed with it with a firm nod, for all the lies that her former lover did to them. "We are prepared to face them. No matter what it takes, we're all in this together. We are a family."

 

Her words encourages the others not to lose hope, their spirits had been lighted and their expression changed into a more positive approach. Taeyeon smiled as she looked at their faces. "The real war is about to begin, we need to prepare ourselves."

 

She gazed back to Irene, she knows she has an undeniable computer hacking skills that no one would get to her level. "Irene, I need you track down Jessica's last known location, she's one of our vital member in this operation. Second, if you still have contact information of Victoria, call her." She ordered the half-blood to do what she's good at. Hacking and coding. Irene didn't waste any time and went to the surveillance room where she and Wendy used to keep track of the targets anonymously.

 

"Seohyun, Yuri and Sooyoung, I need you to prepare weapons for us. I bet this bunker doesn't go unprepared." Then she ordered the three taller vampires, Seulgi stood up and lead them to where the weapons are hidden. "The rest of you, I need you to listen to my plan as I will separate you once we get out of the bunker, you hear?"

 

"Yeah!" Yoona, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Stephanie agreed in unison as they followed the petite vampire to the table where are the plans had placed. So far, she felt that there is still hope, their spirit has been lifted and all of them are cooperating with each other. "Here's the plan..." She unrolled the map with the mark she already prepared last night. Taeyeon put a proud smile on her face as she looked at the four of them. "I call it..."

 

"Operation: Divide and Conquer."

 

---

 

Here's my latest chapter! This will be interesting in the upcoming chapters so please support my works!

And stay tuned for the latest chapter! ;D