14: Crash the Party

Living as a Vampire III

 YOONA

    "Yoona..."

 

  Who's that? The voice...

 

  "Yoona..."

 

  Something's crawling upon my feet, a cold sheet of a thing was crawling through my sleep, I was sleeping, but my mind was awake and something or someone was whispering through my ear. A low, very low tone of his voice, calling my name. "I know you are awake, Yoona." He whispered again.

 

  I slowly opened my eyes and sit up from the bed, I looked around and saw nothing. "I am in the dark." He said, "Where?" I asked and got up from the bed. "Beside you..." My eyes widen as I heard his voice whispering closer to me.

 

  "Yoona!"

 

  I gasped and went back to reality, Seohyun looked worried towards me. "Are you okay?" She asked, I nodded and touched my forehead, "I-I'm fine, I think I was dozed off." I respond. She nodded as she understood, "Are we there yet?" I asked them. "We are in the boundary of North and South Korea." Summer said, she knows the way so we let her to drive.

 

  "The military knows where the RHA Headquarters was, but you have to be careful." she explained while stirring the wheel to turn left, "Why do we have to be careful?" Taeyeon asked. Summer turn around and glared, "Isn't it obvious for you, guys? You are Girls' Generation! And you are entering in the boundaries of South and North!"

 

  "Look," Hyoyeon spoke up, "I don't care if we are Girls' Generation, but we have a mission to accomplish. Can't we just step aside of being the bubbly and lovely So Nyeo Shi Dae? We are here to rescue our little sister." 

 

  We all went silent after Hyoyeon left words that makes us quiet, then Summer shrugged and get her eyes on the road. "She's right." Jessica finally respond after a month of having her independence, "We are here to save Hyojeon." she added. Hyoyeon had been serious since yesterday, she really cared Hyojeon that much.

 

  "We are here in the boundary gate." Summer announced as she stopped the car, she smiled at the mirror in front of us, "Don't worry, I'll handle this." she got off the mini bus and faced a soldier. She took something out of her jacket and showed it to the soldier, "I don't really know she's really good at negotiating." Sooyoung commented, "Chois, your clan had been good at being pursuasive and negotiative." Stephanie said.

 

  We saw she eventually smiled and bowed on the soldier, then the soldier gestured something to the gatekeepers to open the gate for us. Then Summer got inside and starts the engine, "What magic did you do back there?" Tiffany asked her. She chuckled, "I just showed the liscense of being a member of RHA."

 

  "You worked in RHA, too?!" Sunny exclaimed, "Nope, I stole that liscense from an enemy." she admit.

 

  "Oh, we thought you were." I said, "I will never be a member in that cruel and ambitious agency." she answered. "They were so full of themselves to conquer like North Koreans do."

 

  Taeyeon snorted, "Of course! RHA members were all North Koreans!"

 

  "No, one of them is South Korean. One of the Rogue Hunter Assassins. I think she was undercover as a student of Yeran High and departed back to North Korea few days ago." She explained as she continue to drive.

 

  "Yeran High?" That's all we went curious, "That's the same school Hyojeon was in, right?" Yuri said. "Wait, that's why she asked me to drop out because someone tried to kill her?" Stephanie added, "So, it maybe her classmate or another level was trying to kill her."

 

  "She is Yoon Minjae." Summer mentioned.

 

  "WHAT!?" We all chorused and we all know Yoon Minjae is. "She can't be her! You have been mistaken!" Hyoyeon blurted out, "Why? You know her?" Summer asked. "We know her. Hyojeon know her." Taeyeon emphasized, "Summer, she is Hyojeon's best friend!" Yuri said. Summer suddenly pushed the break and we suddenly stopped making some of us groan.

 

  "What the did we stopped?!" Stephanie cussed, "Why didn't you tell me that Hyojeon was Minjae's best friend?!" Summer asked. "Could you please continue to drive? Let's save this discussion later." Seohyun finally weaned up the uproaring debate.

 


 

 

 

   As we got out of the mini bus, we wear our designated masks to cover our identity. "You got your invitations?" Summer asked, then we all nodded. She grinned, "Alright, let's start the party."

 

  We all fall in line as the man who checks the invitation was in front of us, "Your invitations, ma'am." He said and we showed our invitation. He let us in and we saw a huge ballroom inside, many people were wearing masks. "This is... wow." Yuri mouthed as we look around the hall.

 

  "Yeah, it brings back when we were in Florence." Taeyeon commented, "It brings back when we invited by Victoria in Paris." Sooyoung added.

 

  The grand hall was so perfect, chandeliers were hanging in the middle, the lights were so bright and the designs were like French themed. The smell were so tempting like they bought the expensive perfume. The music was played by a piano and a harp.

 

  "Look what we have here..." An old man, more like 60s, came in front of us. He wears an eye patch and a silky black tuxedo. "Ten beautiful women from Black Blood Society, I presume." He greeted with a formality. We bowed and smiled at him, then Taeyeon moved forward.

 

  "You must be Mr. Jung Saejoon." Taeyeon greeted, "We were invited by your agency to come here to celebrate your 65th birthday."

 

  The man chuckled, "I'm glad that you know me well, Commander Kim." He respond. "Oh, so you know me, too, Mr. Jung. How surprising." Taeyeon chuckled. "Where is Director Oh, by the way?" He asked, Taeyeon was going to answer but a young man came with a black mask.

 

  "My father has been busy these days," then he smiled at Taeyeon, "Director Oh send his regards to you, Mr. Jung." He answered. The old man made a bit surprise then he smiled at him, "You are his son, Oh Sehun."

 

  "Yes, Mr. Jung. I am."

 

  "Well, I don't want to spoil your night, enjoy this moment." Then he left.

 

  Sehun eventually took a deep breath and put his hand on his chest, "Sehun? What are you doing here?" Taeyeon said. He gave Taeyeon a nervous smile, "My dad said he can't make it up for you guys, so he told me to come with you instead." He reasoned.

 

  He is Oh Sehun, Director Oh Seungwan's only son. A nervous type man who is actually good at dancing. He is always the one who always popped in like a mushroom. "You dad must be coward." Stephanie said, Sehun shook his head, "No, he's too busy. He is a brave agent though." Then he smiled.

 

  "Look, we don't have much time. We should split up." Hyoyeon said, "Whoa, slow down, Hyoyeon. It is heavy security here, they have cameras everywhere and armed guys inside." Summer halted her. "Catharine and the others were already here before we do, we need to wait for her signal." Then she eyed the guard passed us, "For now, we have to be like the other people around."

 

  Then we started to split up: Me and Seohyun were in the upper deck, Sooyoung and Sunny were in the long table with all the foods, Tiffany and Summer were near at the entrance, Taeyeon and Stephanie found guys that they can dance in center, and Jessica, Yuri and Hyoyeon, they were at the small fountain near the platform.

 

  "I feel something doesn't right." Seohyun muttered while looking down to the people from the lower deck, "Why?" I asked and moved closer to her. "The atmosphere inside of this ball is... strange. It's like I can't feel any joy and happiness in here." She explained, "Are you sure about that?" Then she shrugged.

 

  "I don't know, I'm not sure." She answered.

 

  "Well, maybe you feel a sudden loneliness or mood swings." I guessed, "Maybe." She said and sighed, "Being a gifted is a struggle." She muttered.

 

  "And what do you mean by that?" I crossed my arms and looked to her, "You told me that Catharine mastered her powers easily, even spells, wizardry or some kind of stuffs like reading minds, paralyze a person or hypnosis." She sighed. "Unlike me, I can control water, heal someone, see a person's memory, creating a generative force field and close combats, that's all I know so far."

 

  "I have no match with her. She's the first gifted and I am..." Then she looked down again, "I am the second gifted."

 

  I touched her shoulder and smile, "Don't think about her, you are so insecure, you know?"

 

  "You still have many abilities that may have been hidden inside of you, but eventually, you will discover them at once." I adviced, that makes her smiled. "Thanks for being with me, Yoona." She said.

 

  "Yoona..." 

 

  I blinked my eyes as I heard his whisper again, I looked to the platform again and saw a handsome man with a red scar in his left eye and wearing a black suit staring at me. Maybe he is the the one who called me.

 

  "I'll be back, Seohyun." I left Seohyun and followed that man, then he started to walk to the next platform. I followed until I reached in the room with full of books.

 

  I didn't feel his presence anymore, but why is he whispering through my ear? I smell dusty and odd smells of the old books inside. Then a sudden door shut made me surprise and turn around, the door was closed shut.

 

  "You must be Yoona." A voice appeared behind me, making me turn around. The blonde woman smiled and held a hand shake, "My name is Vivian, your doppleganger."

 

  Vivian. Vivian. Vivian?!

 

  That must be the one Summer mentioned earlier. So Vivian is my body double.

 

  "You're confident greeting someone that was exactly look like you." I said, and refuse to have a hand shake with her. She smirked and crossed her arms. "I don't have any insecurities to be ashamed of." She answered and started to walk around me, "So you're not here for the party?"

 

  "I am here for the mission, Missy. And now's not my time for the so called party." She's only wearing a black track suit, a pair of hobo gloves, black tight jeans and a rebel shoes. She's not really going on the party. "And I was too excited to see you in person."

 

  "You are Catharine's co-leader." I said.

 

  "You are Catharine's devastated lover." She spat.

 

  That makes me to clench my fist, she's an odd-mannered body double. "She told me how sweet you were with her, she even told me how you screamed her name everytime you had a hot steamy with her." I was going to punch her but it was interrupted by a knock.

 

  "Yoona? Are in there?" It was Seohyun.

 

  I was going to face Vivian but she's already gone in my sight. That Vivian was maybe the annoying person that I know because of odd attitude little lately.

 


 

 

 

  As the lights were slowly fading out, the crowd went murmuring and curious. "Why're the lights were fading?" Stephanie asked Taeyeon, but the leader shrugged. Then Jessica came by their side, "It's starting..." She said with a ferocious glare in front of the stage. "Damn, it really is." Yuri flickered beside them.

 

  Then a spotlight came and there's a man with a mask on his face in front of the stage, he bowed and put his microphone on. "Good evening everyone! First of all, we would like to thank you for coming here in our event..."

 

  "What the hell are they going to show off?" Sunny muttered as he glared at the man. Then she glanced at Sooyoung, still eating the cupcakes in the tray, "Yah!" She smacked the taller woman's back hard, causing her to choke off the food. "Stop eating and pay attention." She said to Sooyoung.

 

  "Why you have to smack my back that hard?!" Sooyoung said, "You're not paying attention!" Sunny answered.

 

  Seohyun and Yoona went down to the lower deck and paid their attention to the stage, "Yoona, she's there." Seohyun pointed her finger behind the dark part of the stage, "Who?" She asked her. "Hyojeon." Seohyun answered, "She's inside the cage." Seohyun had adjusted her sight in the darkest part of her surrounding, like a night vision glasses.

 

  "Ladies and gentlemen, may we present you... Our creation, the eight-tailed beast!"

 

  The audience were outstanded as they saw a big cage with a woman wearing a purple dress, "Hyojeon." Hyoyeon muttered as she saw her poor little sister. The other girls can't believe they caged her and trying to make fun of her, "This is not fair, we have to--" Tiffany was going to make a move but Summer pulled her arm. "Wait. For. The. Signal." 

 

  "But--" She was stopped as Summer lit her golden irises to her, "We will make a move when Catharine signaled." She whispered.

 

  In the middle of the crowd, Catharine is there, wearing a luscious red gown with a beautiful mask covering her face. She started to use her telekinetic powers to lockpick the lock on the cage were Hyojeon was, then Catharine looked up and saw Vivian up there, the first gifted winked at her, signalling her.

 

  Vivian grinned and put her flashlight on and off, blinking in the dark, and signalling Summer. As Summer quickly notice Vivian's signal, she whispered Tiffany. "Send your wind a message to everyone."

 

  Tiffany slightly smiled and whispered through the wind, sending messages to the others. "Let's get ready, folks." Summer grinned and unsheated her black katana, Tiffany dissapeared as she became into molecules and went to where Taeyeon and her twin sister was.

 

  Hyojeon bit her lip and trying not to cry in front of the hundreds of people, she closed her eyes and thinking this is just a bad dream. Just hold on, Hyo. Hyoyeon thought inside of her mind and get ready for the crash.

 

  Vivian grinned, "Let's start the real party, es." Then she pushed the red button...

 

  BANG!

 

  An explosion came which caused everyone inside the hall panicked and shocked, then they ran throught the fire exits. Then the armed guards showed up with their guns, "Showtime." Stephanie smirked and put her newly improvised knuckle gloves.

 

  "Party is over!" Taeyeon she took out her double pistol and shoot two guards on their way. "Surprise!" Tiffany brought up her crossbow and started to shoot those guards.

 

  "Leave or die!" Sooyoung unsheated her katana that glowed and start attacking some of the guards, "Hiya!" Sunny kicked one of the guards face then backflipped another guard on her back. Jessica silently creates ice spikes on her hands then threw them to the guards.

 

  Yoona used her electrical powers to electrified their enemies, "That's for getting Hyojeon!" She said and absorbed the electricity of the lights in the upper deck. Seohyun unsheated her dual katana and attacked on the armed men. Hyoyeon took out her swiss knives and slit their throats.

 

  "Guard the cage!" Minjae showed up, "No one will ever going to get her."

 

  Hyojeon knelt as she smelled the tempting smell inside the bloody hall, "Blood... Meat... No..." She tried to resist the temptation of hunger but it was too strong. Her pupils became slit-shaped and her canines starts to grow rapidly, especially her claws. "You have to resist it, Hyojeon!" Miho went scared as she saw Hyojeon struggling against her hunger for meat. "I... can't..." She uttered.

 

  Catharine walked over the room where Mr. Jung was, the guards were pointing their guns on her, "Stay back, hostile!" The guard shouted. That made Catharine annoyed a bit, "How dare you call a lady a hostile?" Still in her calm tone, she floats the man who called her a hostile using her mind then pushed him with the other armed men at once.

 

  "I was going to talk to your chairman, Mr. Jung." She flipped her hair and walked inside the room where he was, then she heard a click of a gun behind her. "Game over, Catharine de Azul." Mr. Jung pointed his gun on her head.

 

  The first gifted chuckled, "Not yet, Jung Saejoon." Catharine turn around. Vivian was behind the old man, pointing the gun on his head as well, "You should be happy, old rag. I still didn't stick a bullet inside your brain." Vivian greeted. "Damn you, vampires." He groaned as Vivian twisted his arms and put a handcuff in it.

 

  "Should I address you as a chairman? Or should I not?" Catharine gestured Vivian to sit him in the chair, "Let's have a peaceful discussion, Chairman Jung." 

 

  "What do you want from me, Catharine?" He asked as he gritted his teeth, "Not want, Mister Jung." She leaned closer to him. "We need something from you."

 

  Hyoyeon charge forward to the cage where her body double was, as she finally reached to the cage, she saw nothing but a bended railings of the cage. She looked around and finally saw her, but before she went closer she frozed on her position as she saw what she's doing.

 

  She is devouring a dead corpse's flesh and organs, Hyoyeon went closer to her. "Hyojeon..." Hyoyeon called her, and that, the woman stopped eating and looked to Hyoyeon ferociously with hunger. She saw Hyojeon's face stained by blood, her purple, slit-pupiled eye looked to her.

 

  Hyojeon roared and strucked Hyoyeon by her tails, then she lunged at her. "Grr!" She growled and tried to claw her face, "Hyojeon, stop!" She begged but she continue to claw her face. Then Yuri used a stun baton on Hyojeon's waist and it stopped her from clawing and went unconscious.

 

  "You okay?" Yuri helped Hyoyeon to got up. "Yeah." Then they both faced on the unconscious Hyojeon, who wakes up quickly and looked around. "Ugh, it hurts." Hyojeon groaned. "Okay, she's back on her consciousness." Yuri commented.

 

  The events happened so fast as Hyoyeon and Yuri know that they have been strucked by a huge thing.

 

  "PROJECT NEMESIS IS OURS!" Minjae's voice has been heard all over the hall. They saw Minjae, has a one big scorpion tail. Hyojeon gained her full consciousness and all she saw was Minjae, having a scorpion tail binded on her. Minjae attacked quickly to Hyojeon, before the pointy thing stung her face, the blonde woman halted it ber her tails.

 

  "Good thing, I'm on your side." Miho smiled. "Thank you." She muttered, then her tails smashed the tail of Minjae.

 

  Hyojeon bit her thumb as she is ready for the one on one battle with her, "You were an experiment as well." She said in a calm tone. Her purple orbs were eyeing the black orbs of her opponent, she put her blonde hair behind and grinned.

 

  "I forgot to tell you..." She straightened up her scorpion tail, "I am the first humanoid experiment, and I am the Project Nyx."

 

  "Let's get this thing started, shall we?" Hyojeon challenged.

 

 

---

Okay, this is only I could take it so far. But I promise, the next chapter will be one on one fight between Hyojeon and Minjae.

Stay Tuned!