5: Eyepatch's Return

Living as a Vampire III

SEOHYUN

  The next day after our performance, we started to investigate the crime scene of Commander Jiyong. Me, Yoona and Yuri we're in a coffee shop where he possibly went before the incident happened. Thanks to Hyoyeon, she used her communal illusion to cover up our identity. The three of us asked one of the waitress, "Oh? You mean, Kwon Jiyong?" Seems she know him.

 

  We nodded, "When did he came in here before the incident?" Yuri asked. The waitress rubs her chin and thinks, "He's always here, he always come inside at 9:00 AM in the morning. He said he will be off to his friend in the Namyeon District, to be exact, he's going to the flower shop." she stated, "Well, did he say anything that might be include in the incident?" I asked.

 

  She shook her head, "Not a word. But in his actions that time, he's been followed by a person with a cap and black jacket."

 

  "Where did you saw that person?" Yoona asked, the waitress pointed in the table at the corner, "He was sitting there, watching him while Jiyong was waiting for his coffee." she answered. "Did he followed him until he got out of the shop?" I asked, "Yes, that boy left the shop 10 seconds after Jiyong left."

 

  "Okay," Yuri closed her notebook and we smiled, "Thank you for information, Ms. Lee Yeonju."

 

  "H-How did you know my name?" The waitress asked, "Oh, you have a name tag." Yuri pointed on waitress's name tag.

 

  We went out of the coffee shop and get inside of the car, "Hey, guys. Rumors were instantly spreading all over the world in just one millisecond, you know?" Yuri smirked while staring at her phone. Yoona and I looked to her with confusion, "What do you mean, Yuri?" Yoona asked.

 

  "Here, check this out." she handed me her phone and saw an article showing our performance, then Hyojeon, who attacked the anti-fan yesterday. "Thankfully, we still keep dancing though she hit that man's face and pulled the trigger." Yuri commented, then chuckled. "Yuri, this is serious. We almost stopped dancing if she didn't came and stop that anti-fan." Yoona said.

 

  I sighed, "I hope Taeyeon should calm herself today." I muttered and worried about Taeyeon. "Our shorty leader is looking forward for more of our success as a group, so she don't want to let one mistake will go wrong." Yuri said, "Yeah, Taeyeon has been full of herself since she became the leader of ours." Yoona agreed.

 

  I don't think about Taeyeon too much, since we debuted she never asked if I'm ready to be the real leader. I think Taeyeon was one of the persons who changed because of fame. She was so calm when there is a problem, she even showed how to be the real leader to us and being an understanding one. Because of fame, she takes her own responsibility and lets us take ours as well, she doesn't care what we are struggling now, and quickly angry when something's went wrong; the time when she got angry towards Hyojeon.

 

  That moment, I massage my temple and sighed again, "Taeyeon should realize what she is doing." I said.

 


 

HYOYEON

  Last night, after arguing with my sister...

 

  I stop in front of Hyo's room, moved my hand for a knock and ask if she's sleeping already. I was worried to Hyojeon, she never respond to my question whenever she's inside of her room and thought she is sleeping already. I barely sleep with her because of concert tours, hunting missions and busy schedules. I can't stand of letting her alone in our apartment, I just want her to come with us but she always refuse.

 

  As my knuckles were going to knock the wood, the door wasn't locked. I swallowed my saliva first then open the door, I smelled something awful when I went inside, maybe she didn't cleaned her room. She was there on her bed, curling herself while hugging a pillow. I heard a soft sniffles behind her, she's crying again.

 

  "What are you doing here, eonnie?" she said in a cracked tone while not turning around.

 

  "Hyojeon..." I walked over and sat beside her, "... I know it's hard for you to understand." I said and shove my hand to reach shoulder. "No, I understand, eonnie. You had lots of works to do, so it's fine. I'm used to it." she denied, but still not looking to me.

 

  I shook my head, "It's not fine, you shouldn't used to be alone in here when we have concert tours or something. Sometimes, you have to join us and have fun." I said. "I am having fun, eonnie." she answered again.

 

  "Oh? And that is...?" I asked.

 

  "To be with Minjae and myself alone."

 

  I sighed and lay down on her bed as well, trailed my arms on her waist and pull myself to her, "How about me and your eonnies? Aren't you happy?" I asked again. "It's alright. I'm happy and fine when I'm with you, but I can't avoid myself being left alone while you and the others were having fun and stuff."

 

  This time, I smiled and kissed her head, "Don't worry, Hyo. We'll going to have a bonding time together tomorrow." I make a promise. She changed her position and looked to me with a smile, "Is that promise?" she asked. I nodded, "Yes, it is a promise."

 

  "Eonnie..."

 

  "Hm?"

 

  "Do you still love me... if you knew I'm not a human?"

 

  My eyes widen and looked to her, "What are you talking about, Hyo?" I asked. She chuckled, "Nothing, I'm just wondering." I smiled again and hugged her tightly. "I will always love you, Hyojeon. Like a daughter of mine." I closed my eyes and sleep with her again.

 

  Hyojeon muttered something, but I can't figure out what she's saying...

 

  "Je t'aime aussi et ju suis désolé, eonnie..."

 

  The next day, I opened my eyes and saw that Hyojeon wasn't on her bed anymore. I quickly sit up from the bed and look around, she's not in here anymore, "Hyojeon?" I called her out. I glance at her study table and saw a note there:

 

I was called by Seulgi eonnie to go to her office. Don't worry, eonnie, I'll be back in an hour.

Love you... - Hyo

 

  I sighed in relief, I thought she's gone. 

 

  In a few hours, Hyojeon got home with a paper bag full of chips. "I'm home." She closed the door and kicked off her shoes, "Oh, you're here." I greeted with a smile. "Seulgi eonnie said that you didn't just noticed that it was my normal height, I'm always taller than Taeyeon eonnie." She laughed.

 

  "Good to hear, but did she gave you medications?" I asked. She shook her head, "She also said that I don't need medications in a minor problem." she answered.

 

  I stood up from the couch, "Let's go see the movie, Hyo." I said. "Do you have any schedules for today?" she asked, "I moved my schedules tomorrow just to have a bonding day today." I reasoned. Hyojeon eventually smiled, "Let's go!"

 

  We get inside the car and drive to the movies, while inside the car, I saw Hyojeon was playing with her PSP. I grin while holding the steering wheel, "Having fun there, huh?" I said. She smiled while her eyes are on the screen, "You know I'm a gamer." 

 

  "By the way, Hyojeon. What's your favorite animal?" I asked her.

 

  "A dog."

 

  "Well, do you want to have a dog then?" But she just shrug, "Not right now, eonnie. I want to watch movies with you." she answered. "What movie would you want to watch?" I asked her again, "I like sci-fi movies." she answered. Now I know what she wanted to watch, "How about Star Wars?"

 

  She looked to me with a disbelief look, "I already watched that since I was 8."

 

  "Star Trek?"

 

  "Nah, I already watched that."

 

  "Terminator Genisys?"

 

  "I never watched the Terminator series ever since, but okay, I'll watch that." she finally agreed. I smiled, "Alright, then." I sped up the car. "You know, eonnie. I never watched a movie with my sister." she muttered, I patted her head making her to look at me. "Well, you have now."

 


 

  After we watched a movie, we start to wonder around the park. Very few people were in the park, walking and playing around. Less paparazzi, less issues. I stretched my arms and yawned, "Ahh, what a beautiful night!" I said. I heard her chuckle, "I missed walking with you here, eonnie."

 

  "Yeah." I agreed, "I always want to go back where we used to live like a normal human."

 

  "Why do people work everyday?" she asked, making me look to her. "What do you mean?" I asked her, her eyes looked down but she keep smiling. "I want to know why, eonnie. I am curious."

 

  I sighed and looked to the sky, "Well, people do work because they taught how and what to do." I answered. "Then who teaches to do work?" I smirked and look to her again, "Their parents taught them how to do work." I answered wisely. As I answered her question, she frowned and looked away; that moment, we stop walking.

 

  "What's the matter, Hyo?" I asked her.

 

  "So did they also learned what they taught how to do it?"

 

  "Yes, our parents were the very first teacher before go to school." I answered, a silence answered my thoughts. Until I noticed Hyojeon's expressions, her face was a bit mad with a pout. "Hyoyeon eonnie..." she called out my name, "What?"

 

  "I know we barely talk about some personal things seriously, but can you hear me out for a while?" I think she's going to tell something to me, "I'm all ears, Hyo." I answered. "Eonnie, how does it feels to have parents?" she questioned, I tilted my head to the sky and sighed. "It feels like it completes you inside, like a puzzle that solved by a missing piece of it."

 

  "When me and your Taeyeon eonnie were kids, our mother and father took a good care of us. They taught us how to be a good person and they were the ones who saved our lives." I said, making her to look up to me. "Saved your lives? From who?" she asked. "From vampires."

 

  She gasped a bit, "They did their best to save us..." I looked to the pond near the trees. "That time I was too afraid of what will happen if my life goes on. Taeyeon is the only family I had, she's the only hope for us to live and she was the one who encourage me to be strong."

 

  "I... I didn't know about that, eonnie. I'm so sorry." She apologized then she holds my hand, I force myself to smile though it's been a long time. "It's okay, it's all in the past now." I said.

 

  I looked to her and touch her both cheeks, "I know you want to know where your true parents are, Hyojeon. That's why you want me to hear you out." I muttered. Her tears were building up from her eyes, "I never had parents in my life, eonnie. Just you and others." She sniffed, "I just experienced to have a big family without parents."

 

  "You still feel incomplete, Hyojeon. You must find your true parents." I said, "You are in the right age to understand these things, you can make your own decisions and you know what is right or what is wrong."

 

  She shut her eyes as tears were falling from it, "But they abandoned me!" She cried out and her fist clenched. "They should have think of what will happen to me before they put me in the orphanage, I feel..." Then she rubbed her eyes, "I feel ashamed of being abandone by my own parents."

 

  "No, they're not." I denied what she believed. "They must've an acceptable reason why they put you there, don't think you were abandoned because they put you in the orphanage."

 

  "That is why I hate parents! I hate them more than you do."

 

  "Hyojeon, listen, you must hear them out before you can react. You must understand them." I insist, "I know you've been through a lot than I am. I am helping you to become a better person."

 

  "Oh really?"

 

  I heard a familiar voice coming from behind, I turn around and saw her. Still wearing the eyepatch to cover up her scarred eye, "It's so dramatic seeing you having a heart-to-heart talk with your body double."

 

  "Hyuna." I gritted my teeth and took out a knife from my back pocket.

 

  She grinned and walked closer to us, "Hyojeon, stay behind me." I whispered. Then she moved behind, whistled to call Samyeon and Morii (My battle dogs). Few moments later, my two battle dogs were here, "Aww, what a cute dogs you have there." Hyuna said. "But I have a prototype. Artemis~!" She called.

 

  Then someone attacked Morii, that cyborg again?! I glanced at Samyeon, "Samyeon, defend Hyojeon!" I ordered. Samyeon nodded and stepped in front of Hyojeon. "Eonnie, she's stronger than you! We have to go back!" I heard Hyojeon. 

 

  "What?"

 

  As I turn my head back to Hyuna, she quickly charge over and punch me. I groan and manage not to fall from the ground, I grabbed her fist and kicked her. I jumped away in a distance from her. Then I got my chance to attack her, I charge forward, leap high and throw a high kick.

 

  My teeth clenching, chest tightening and nostril flaring. Damn, this is stronger than I expected. She laughed seductively, "After I kill you," she pointed in the direction of Hyojeon, "This human body double will be my dinner tonight." She proclaimed. My fists were clenching in anger and my eyes started to glow more.

 

  "I'm not allowing you, Hyuna!" I shouted.

 

  I will not let Hyuna touch her even in the tip of her fingers! I summoned dark orbs and throw it to her, after that I make a smooth but quick attack to her. She quickly grab my arm and flipped me from behind, I tripped her to fall down as well and put myself on the top of her and strangle her.

 

  But her arms quickly caught my neck, she smirked and tightened her grip from my neck, "You are so soft-hearted, Kim Hyoyeon." Then her eye colored into red. "I won't let you touch Hyojeon! I won't let a single strand of your hair touch her skin!" I said, still strangling her.

 

  Her face eventually turn into a wicked smile, "You know, Hyoyeon. Light always belongs to the good, and dark always belongs to the evil. The power of darkness will never belong to a good person, because it doesn't match perfectly!"

 

  That moment, she pushed me with an impact, causing me to bump against the tree. "Eonnie!" Hyojeon shouted, she's just standing behind Samyeon.

 

  Hyuna quickly pushed me again against the tree, "You only used illusions, but you don't know what's the real meaning of your power." She pressed me even more in the bark of wood. I moved my hand to create a dark orbs but it didn't work this time, "See? Even your own power wouldn't listen to you." She laughed.

 

  Then she pulled my hair and whispered, "The only way to control your dark powers is to be bad, but in your situation right now... Good characters don't deserve bad karmas, right?"

 

  "What are you trying to say, Hyuna?"

 

  She smirked, "I am the Guardian of Darkness."

 

  Then I felt a sharp blade dug on my stomach and it drains my power, "No..." As Hyuna drains my power, my body gets weaker and weaker. "I must be the one who holds the power of darkness, because I am the bad girl." She laughed.

 

  "You can't stole... what's mine..." I grabbed her arm but my system is too weak and I fell down. "Eonnie! No!" Hyojeon cried out.

 

  My consciousness were blacking out, "Good persons are so weak, and you're one of them. Kim Hyoyeon." She commented then went closer to me, "For the final touch..." She picked a sharp wood and pointed it to my chest, "The next ten years, you will see the world has turned to dust." She raised the stake and was ready struck me to it.

 

  "Not. My. Sister."

 

  I heard a growling voice and it stopped Hyuna. I can't figured who's that, was it Taeyeon? I can't see what happened, I was out. It was pitch black.

 

 

---

Hey guys! I intended not to go to school today because I am so lazy than other people does, and here comes the devil. What will happened to Hyoyeon after this?

Stay tuned!