26: Running Man - Part 3

Living as a Vampire III

SOOYOUNG

Hmm, what to do?

 

We've been separated into pairs by Taeyeon to find the objects that can bring us back to the real world. Luckily, we found one of them. Sunny and I went to the coffee shop to find the other objects but then...

 

My stomach grumbles then Sunny glares at me, "You're hungry again?" she said. I have no choice but to chuckle and scratch my nape, "You know me!" I answer before I caught a figure running through my sight. It was fast, almost like a light speed. It went through the wall, I can see it. "Huh? Did you see that?" I pointed my finger to the direction where it disappeared.

 

"See what?" Sunny looked over the direction where I pointed, "I think I saw someone running fast." I said before looking at that direction. Then Sunny shrugged, "Maybe you're hungry, let's go find something to eat." She pulled me over to the counter and eat some delicious bread, "But really, I saw someone." I said to her.

 

Then she tilts her head, "Saw who?" and asked with a confusing look. I describe what I saw in my eagle eyes, "A guy, taller than me, wears a maroon suit and he's wearing a mask." 

 

She nodded then she looks around and saw something, "Hmm, you mean that one?" then Sunny pointed it. He was right there... and I think he is not our ally. His looks were familiar, that hair, that body. "It is Minho." I muttered, "Minho?" she repeated as she tilt her head to me. I saw him move, as if he is about to chase us.

 

And yeah, he's about to chase us!

 

"Run!" I quickly grabbed Sunny then run fast as I can, I hear running footsteps behind us. "W-What's going on?! Sooyoung?!" Now, she's freaking out and looked behind us, "Why are we running away?!"

 

"Just run!" I answered and keep myself up in a long run, he is not a real Minho! It was a glitch!

 

As we curved to the platform, I removed my hand from Sunny's. "Go, run as fast as you can." I told her, she grunted and pouted, "I'm not leaving you here!" she retorted. "Go! I'll make him slow down!" as I said that, he found us and stopped in front of us.

 

I smirked and snapped my fingers, "It's time." I moved my hand to my back to draw my sword. "Come here, you ugly!" I taunted as I stared at him.

 

"What on the center of the earth are you doing?!" Sunny shouted, "Attack him with my sword." I responded. "Are you out of your mind?! We don't have weapons inside the Virtual Reality!"

 

"Eh?" Then a moved my head to my hand, I was just holding invisible thing with my imagination. Then I shouted, "! I SWEAR TO GOD AFTER WE GET OUT OF HERE, I'M GONNA KILL WHO CREATED THIS !" Then more black figured glitches came in front of us. I grabbed Sunny again and, "RUUUUUUUUN!!!"

 

Thud!

 

I fell down to the ground, luckily Sunny help me stood up. "Damn this game simulation! How can we escape here if we didn't know who is the Angel's Code?!" I exclaimed, "Sooyoung! The gatekeepers!" Sunny shouted and grabbed the my arm and get away from the gatekeeper.

 


 

YOONA

I peeked out of the platform to see if the area is clear, as I saw the area is cleared I looked back at Seohyun and nods. She knows it and we snuck out of the platform to the store, "So, what are we looking for again?" I asked her while looking at the bookshelves. "The virus carrier, we must eliminate him or her to get back to the real world." Seohyun answered.

 

Seohyun and I heard a fading in of a shout coming this way, she grabbed my shirt and dragged me down, "Hide!" She whispered and we saw Sooyoung stopping by and went inside the store where we are. "Sooyoung." I called her out, the tall woman looked at my direction and quickly hides.

 

"Hey, thank goodness you guys are here." Then whispered as she held her chest tightly, "Wait, where's Sunny? We thought you're with her." Seohyun asked. "We got separated, the gatekeepers ran towards us and she goes to the other floor." She answered.

 

"We must find out who is the carrier and eliminate it, that's our goal." I said to the two of them, "But what about the ones who got caught by the gatekeepers?" she asked. "I asked the instructor about that, the ones who got caught by the glitches or gatekeepers won't eat them, once they are caught it's game over to them but the game is still on." I answered.

 

they both nodded, "Oh, and I found this mysterious cube when we got here." I showed the thing to them. Then Seohyun gasped. "It's the code." 

 

"Code?" I looked at Seohyun.

 

She nods, "It's the code where we will find out who is the carrier." Then explained. "How do we do it?" Sooyoung asked. "Solve it, duh? We should know who is the one." Seohyun rolls her eyes, I chuckled.

 

"Oh, sorry, missy! I didn't know that the code is a ing rubics cube!" Sooyoung does what Seohyun did lately. "We should lay low for a while, and then we--" Sooyoung stops as she saw the red gatekeeper coming inside the store.

 

"! Run!" Seohyun and I run away while Sooyoung ran in the different direction, we hid behind the bookshelves and we heard her struggling from the gatekeeper. She screamed and eventually saying things like...

 

"YAH! Choi Minho! You know it's my first time in this game right? Let me live please!"

 

"You know that we're both Choi right? We're in the same class when we were in university."

 

I also taught you some things in dancing! I can tell you where the others, so please let me live!"

 

Then we heard the gatekeeper Minho shushed her, and then whispered, "I'll be back to get you." And we heard his footsteps fading. Me and Seohyun peeked out our heads and we saw Sooyoung took a deep breath, "Daebak."

 

"Is he gone?" I asked him, then she nodded, "Yeah."

 

"How can you do that? He's only a computer." Seohyun asked while looking at her.

 

"I'm Girls' Generations's Queen of negotiation, duh?" And she got the last laugh.

 

Seohyun only raised her hands in defeat and we both laugh it off. "I think we should not lay low for a while." She said then we agreed, "The real game is still playing." I said.

 


 

"Dammit, I got lost." Sunny whispered as she tiptoed from store to store, looking for Sooyoung. She looked back where they left off, "I can't go back there, I'm sure they are squirming around on that area." She muttered.

 

She keeps on walking until she saw Sooyoung, Sunny's eyes sparkled and ran to her. "Soo!" Then hugs her, making the taller one surprised, "Oh, there you are, Sunny!" Sooyoung chuckled. "I was looking for you! I got separated from you lately." Sunny pouted, making th other one chuckled, "It's fine, now, let's find the others." The taller one holds the smidget's hand and continue walking.

 

Sunny must have know that she's not with the real Sooyoung. It's the shapeshifting gatekeeper, smilling grimly behind her...

 

---

Okay so hiiii~

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! I decided to come back to life cause I wanna finish this book! T^T

When I heard about Jonghyun's death, I was devastated... He supposed to be alive in my story but I think I should make him a character cut. :'( I'm still shattered...

Sorry for the years I have missed editing my stories, and now I'm back! I've been busy for almost years because I have to graduate this coming May! Sorry for keep on waiting and thank you for your patience my dear lovely readers! I will finish this once and for all! Fighting!

And stay tuned for the next chapter!