17: Joohyun and Jonghyun

Living as a Vampire III

 

   A month later...

 

  Everyone have been busy these days, December was already here and the snow where now falling to the ground. Kids were playing snow outside and having fun of it.

 

  Inside the SM building, there was a boy staring out of the glass window, watching the snow falling at night, trying to remember something that is very familiar to him.

 

  "Coffee?" A hand with a cup of coffee appeared in his face.

 

  He turn around and smiled at his sunbae, "Seohyun noona." He greeted and bowed a little. Seohyun has been his mentor when it comes to his vocals but now she was helping him a bit because she already knew he was ready.

 

  "Thanks." He respond and took a cup of coffee in her hand, "How's the performance back there?" Seohyun asked him and took a sip of her coffee. Jonghyun gave a nervous smile and scratched his nape, "It was good, but I kinda feel nervous a lot." He answer.

 

  Seohyun giggled, "Being a soloist makes you feel uncomfortable without them accompany at first." Then she patted his back lightly, "But it's fine, it's your first time. You will get use to it." She gave Jonghyun an encouragement.

 

  "Well, I'm not like you, noona. You sometimes perform as a solo performer." Jonghyun honestly said.

 

  "I get nervous too, but a little bit." Seohyun went honest as well, then she looked at snow outside the glass. "So, why did you called me?" She asked him. Jonghyun sighed and looked down, "I..." He paused and looked to the snow falling, "I have to ask you something."

 

  "Hm? What is it?" Seohyun asked.

 

  "Did you have a brother? Older or younger than you?"

 

  Seohyun comes to think of it for a moment then she giggled, "Why did you ask?" She asked him back, "I once told you that I couldn't remember everything since I was a kid... and I come to think of it if I have a sibling or not." Jonghyun said. "They said I was abused by my father and he bumped my head on a hard thing or something that caused to bumped my head."

 

  Then the woman nodded, "Well... I had a brother. A twin brother." She said. "He is the most important person to me, I really loved him that I almost glued myself from his." Then she looked to him, "But we're not really look alike, we were born in the same date and same year."

 

  "So he is 23 now." Jonghyun guessed then Seohyun nodded but eventually frowned as she noticed something coincidence, "And he has the same name as you." She added which makes him chuckled. "Joohyun and Jonghyun." Then she smiled sadly.

 

  Then he look to her curiously, "Where is he now?" He asked her. Then Seohyun winced at him and looked up the night sky, "He was in the right place now." She recalled his little brother. As the younger man realized her response he looked down and frowned, "Oh, I never expected that, noona. I'm sorry." He applogized.

 

  Seohyun smiled, "No, it's fine. You don't have to apologize." She said and patted his shoulder. "It's been 13 years then."

 

  Seohyun has been thinking to herself that Jonghyun has been hiding something from her. She felt a familiar presence that she really recognized more than any of them.

 

  Her thoughts were interrupted by a call. Seohyun pick up her phone and answer it.

 

  "Hello?"

 

  "Seohyun." She recognized quickly the tone of her voice. "Catharine?"

 

  "I'm glad you answer, we have to discuss about the case of Commander Jiyong, we already finalized who is the real suspect."

 

  "Really?"

 

  "Hmph, don't be too excited, my dear. You will be surprised. Tell Taeyeon that we will have an urgent meeting on Thursday."

 

  "Wait-- huh?" She already hang up. "What's the problem, noona?" Jonghyun asked her, "Oh, nothing. I just have a call from a friend." She answered. Jonghyun nodded, "If you have something to do, noona, you can go now."

 

  Seohyun looked to her with an assurance, "Are you sure?"

 

  "Yeah. Thanks for coming with me." He smiled, then she took something out of his pocket, "Here, its a lucky charm." He said. Seohyun received a lucky charm again from him. "Thanks, Jonghyun."

 


 

  As Seohyun went out of the building, she was thinking again about that familiar presence she felt while she was with him, "That's weird." She muttered then took a step to the snowy ground. She was nearly in her car as she heard a scream nearby, the woman quickly opened the car and find her katana.

 

  She got her dual katana inside the trunk and ran like a wind, she run to the rooftop of the building and saw three vampires chasing the two kids. As the two kids were cornered in the alley, the three hungry vampires slowly walking closer to them, "What's the matter little fellas? Aren't we going to play?" One of the, asked the kids.

 

  Seohyun quickly jump off from the top of the building before the vampires attack them, she swung her sword to the first one yet the vampire quickly noticed it and took a step backward. Now, the gifted vampire was in between of the kids and the hungry vampires, "Oh, another kid joining our game."

 

  She gritted her teeth and clenched the handle of her sword more, "Stay away or else I'll slit your throats!" She threatened.

 

  One of the vampires smirked and attacked her, "I'm hungry!" He roared and opened his mouth revealing his sharp fangs. Seohyun glared at him and swung her one katana to his arm then it was a clean cut, the vampire yelped in pain and fell down. The other two vampires attacked at once.

 

  She swiftly dropped down on the ground and tripped them both, she swung her two swords again before she punged the two vampires into their hearts. "It's game over." Seohyun muttered and whisked her two swords to removed the black blood on it and put it back into her waist strap case then winced to the two kids.

 

  The girl was unconscious and leaned on the boy's arms, Seohyun walked closer then knelt in front of them, "Is she alright?" That's the first sentence she said to them, the boy's eyes were full of relieve, "My sister is fine, she's afraid of seeing blood and ended up fainted." The boy answered.

 

  Seohyun smiled as she heard that it was fine, "Well, you are safe now." She said. The boy smiled, "Thank you, noona." He thanked her. Seohyun stood up lend a hand on his sister, "I can walk you to the nearest police station, that might help you to find your way back home."she said and carried the unconscious girl in her back.

 

  "So they were vampires?" The boy asked while walking ahead to the nearest police station, then Seohyun nodded, "Uh huh, so don't go at night especially when you are alone. They might get you and your blood. You want that?" She told her. The boy shook his head, "I don't want, noona. You are scaring me." That makes her laugh.

 

  She remember the times when she's just a girl and scaring her little brother, this boy reminds her little brother. He is too young and he must know a lot of things. She smiled as she recall everything about her little brother, "We are almost there." She said as she spot the nearby police station.

 

  Seohyun almost forgot that she is a famous member of Girls' Generation, she must not reveal herself in the public or else she have an issue with it. Good thing the girl is already awake, she put her down in his brother's lap as they stopped near the police stay station, "This is as far as I can go, boy." Seohyun said.

 

  Then she knelt again to level the boy's height, "Don't tell the police about vampires, they might not believe you. Just tell them that you two were lost. Did you know the address of your home?" She told then the boy nodded, "Yes, noona." Then smiled. Seohyun patted the boy's head, "Be careful, okay?" Then the boy nodded.

 

  As she walked in the opposite way, the boy shouted, "Will we see each other again, noona?" He asked. Seohyun stopped walking and turn around to see the boy in a distance, she nodded and continue to walk again. "I will not see you again." She muttered as she walked down the streets in a snowy night.

 


 

  After their performance in Inkigayo, they went out to the HQ to meet up with Hyojeon and Tiffany. As the elevator opened, they were greeted with Hyojeon's smile, "Hi, eonnies!" she greeted them. "Hello, Hyo." Yuri greeted and smiled. "I'm done crafting those newly weapons and equipments for you, eonnies. Let's go." Hyojeon headed to the armory, the others followed her.

 

  "Your new weapons has stones in it, glowing and it gaves you boost everytime you use it." Then she undraped the white cloth and saw the ten weapon. Others were amazed as they saw their new weapons crafted by Irene, Joy and also, Hyojeon. "It designates what elements you use," then she gave the new gun with a blade underneath the small cannon hole of the gun to Taeyeon.

 

  The purple stone attached on Taeyeon's new gun glows like it matched on her, "This is... wow..." Taeyeon was amazed like she have never seen a glowing weapon before. Hyojeon smiled as she knew her works were perfect, then she gave combat gloves to Sunny with a glowing Yello stone in its right glove, "Since Sunny eonnie is really good at combat along with Hyoyeon eonnie. I created gloves for you."

 

  "Oh my gosh! Thanks, Hyojeon!" Sunny was amazed as well as the yellow stone glows in her hands.

 

  "How did you made all of these, Hyojeon? You never made high tech weapons before." Yoona asked her, "Irene eonnie and Joy eonnie helped me with these, we planned to upgrade your weapons for the better." the younger woman explained and gave the small baton then she clicked and it expand like a staff, that moment Yoona yelped as she saw what she did.

 

  "New extendable baton for you, Yoona eonnie." She gave her the new weapon, "It adapts electricity and it match with you." the light blue energy glows in her hand. Yoona moved backwards and twirled her new weapon. "You really are amazing, Hyojeon." She complimented and put the staff back to a normal baton.

 

  "This crossbow is amazing!" Tiffany checked her newly improvized crossbow and it glows pink as she touched it, then Stephanie pick up her new weapon as well. "Gauntlet, huh? Nice." She tested her new weapon and it was added by a hidden blade, "Cool!" she commented as she saw a lime stone glows.

 

  "Yuri eonnie, this is for you." Hyojeon gave Yuri's new weapon, "Chakram?" She looked to it curiously. "It can combine it into one and throw it like a boomerang, expect that it will comes back to you." Hyojeon explained, then the indigo stone glowed in the weapon.

 

  "For you, Seohyun eonnie." she gave Seohyun's new dual katana, "What about me?" Sooyoung pointed herself as she asked the younger blonde, "You have of course, same as Seohyun eonnie. But I'm still working on it because the stone won't compatible in your weapon." She gave her a reason. "Wha-What?" The taller woman groaned and scratched her nape, "Well, my silver katana starts to rust and I don't want to use Soojin's gift to me."

 

  "Hyoyeon eonnie had her new weapon already before I gave you these. Your weapons were stronger and unbreakable than your other weapons." She explained to them.

 


 

  As Seohyun opened the door to her room, she suddenly thought of Jonghyun. Then she went to her cabinet and get the small box and opened it, she get the bracelet that was the gift from Jonghyun when they were debuted, seven years ago. "He said he bought this in Jeonju but he never mentioned when..." she muttered and trying to recall anything in the past.

 

  "Seohyun?" she heard Yoona entering the room.

 

  "Something has been here all these years, he is hiding something from me." Seohyun muttered again and looked to Yoona with a curious look, "What do you mean, Seohyun?" she asked her.

 

  "All of us are hiding secrets, even Jonghyun. That bracelet he gave me has something to do with my past, something that I need to know." She felt a bit tensed on what's happening, "You sure about that?" Yoona asked. "I don't know but he is really hiding something from me." She answered then pick up her pendant that was engraved Joohyun in it and wear it.

 

  Seohyun stood up and wears her coat again, "I need to find out what is this." then went out of the room. "Wait, I'm coming with you!" Yoona followed her.

 


 

  Adrenaline rush...

 

  That's what Jonghyun felt as he ran away from that monster, the regret of having a night jogging alone. Now, he was chasing by a blood monster. He stopped behind the garbages and catching his breath, "What was that?" he whispered. Then he heard a sighing monster looking for him, he stayed where he was like a statue.

 

  "There you are!" He gasped as he saw the vampire on the top of the garbages and grabbed his collar, "Help!" Jonghyun shouted, "Nothing will hear your call, human!" he said. As he was about to bit him, a silver blade appeared and plunged on his chest which caused the vampire to screamed in pain and throw Jonghyun away.

 

  "Y-You?" The vampire recognized the woman who stabbed him, "Don't. Dare. To. Eat. Him!" Seohyun's grudging voice makes Yoona froze in her position. "T-The second g-gifted." the vampire called her, then Seohyun pressed her sword more into his chest. The vampire can't move anymore, and lying there, dead. Seohyun took a deep breath and put the sword back to her case.

 

  The gifted winced at Jonghyun, who is in the other alley, "Jonghyun!" Seohyun ran to him and checking if he is alright. He groaned and looked to her, "S-Seohyun n-noona." He called. "Are you alright? Where does it hurt? Tell me!" she asked, "I knew you came back for me." he muttered.

 

  "I know, I know, Jonghyun. I came here to save you." she answered.

 

  Jonghyun groaned as he sat up from the ground, "You shouldn't be going out here alone, it's too dangerous." Seohyun said. "I was planning to have a night jogging but that insane monster just came from nowhere and attacked me." He explained what happened. "Fortunately, we came just in time." Yoona added, that agrees Jonghyun.

 

  "Jonghyun, are you hiding something from me?" Seohyun asked him, then Yoona looked to her and in their surprise, he didn't hesitated to answer. "Yes."

 

  "Then what is it?" Seohyun has been impatient to know what she really want to know. He moved his hand to his collar and then shows a pendant that was engraved Jonghyun. 

 

  As Seohyun saw the pendant that was the same as hers, she can't believe it. Jonghyun already knew Seohyun was her twin sister.

 

  "You are alive..." That was the only word Seohyun can say.

 

---

Okay, joke's over! I really want to reveal this but this must be the right time to update it. And back to school again! (*^o^*)

Stay tuned!