1: Highschooler Hyo

Living as a Vampire III

SEOHYUN

  "Are you sure I'm not going to fall?"

 

  I tightened my grip from the rope as we go up to the cliff, "Yes, I'm pretty sure you're not going to fall. Just don't look down." Yoona answered as she continue to climb up. "I can't go any further!" I yelled as my hands were starting to sweat and it brings me down more. I heard a growl coming from her, "Just stay right there, I'll bring the rope up." 

 

  Yoona starts to climb up quickly until she reached the top. We were assigned to find the mysterious stones in the very top of the Bukhansan mountain, and it's been 12 hours since we left from the HQ.

 

  Everything had changed since we debuted, it's been seven years. Our lives changed because of fame. Yes, we are famous. We are Girls' Generation. We had enough money to buy what we want and what we need. Some of the fans called us Goddesses because of our outstanding beauty, skills and especially... our personality.

 

  My hands loose it grip and slowly going down, "Hurry!" I shouted and dug my other hand in the pile of stones to stop me from falling. I suddenly looked down which makes me dizzy, "I said don't look down!" Yoona yelled. I looked to her and she's coming down to pick me up, she lend a hand, "Come here, grab my hand." She said. I was going to reach my hand to her then suddenly, I heard a snap from the ropes.

 

  I screamed as I fall hard, "Seohyun!" She sprouted her big wings and dive in to catch me. I closed my eyes as I fell so hard, then strong arms caught my body to stop me from falling, "Hey now, Seohyun. I'm here." I heard Yoona's voice. I opened my eyes and saw  her, covering the sky behind.

 

  I was shaking, catching my breath and hugging her very tight, "I'm scared." I whispered. Despite of my fear, she's still smiling, "I don't know that you're also afraid of heights." She chuckled.

 

  "Just... bring me to the top, Yoona." I said, "Alright, let's go." Then she flew to the top.

 

  "Yoona, your wing... its burning." I pointed her right wing, "Crap." She muttered and fly faster. Then we reached to the top, she put me down and hide her wings. "I can't show my wings at daylight." She said, "Why?" I asked her.

 

  "You know me, Seohyun." She said.

 

  "Oh, right. Devils." I chuckled, then I grab my dual katana on my back.

 

  We enter the small cave where the mysterious stones are located, until we reached in the two platforms. We looked to each other, "I think... we should..." I hesitatedly said.

 

  She nodded, "Yeah, we should split ways."

 

  Then we did, she was on the left while I was on the right. I turn on the flashlight and keep searching for the moonstone. I saw a tomb in front of me and I think someone has already entered, I walked inside and saw five colorful stones glowing beautifully. I walked closer to the middle where the blue stone is, I was going to touch it when...

 

  "Don't." Someone grab my hand and pull it away from the blue stone, "Irene said, it will siphons the power of stone to the person if he or she holds it." Yoona said. "It would be dangerous if you touch it."

 

  She took something on her rapsack, "Here." She gave me a pair of gloves. "It's better to touch it with gloves." Then we start putting all the stones in the sack, after that I looked to her. "Wait, what are you doing here? I thought you are in the other side." I asked, "Someone attacked me when I was on the way there, it nearly killed me if she didn't hit by a boulder." She answered.

 

  "Who is someone?"

 

  "I don't know, it wears a mask."

 

  "Maybe, it was the Black Swan." I said, she scoffed, "No, it's not. Black Swan is kind of a bossy fugitive." She denied. "So someone opened this tomb a while ago before I walked in." I reassured.

 

  "Oh, I forgot to tell you that... we have performance to prepare in Ingkigayo tomorrow." She reminded, "What? Why didn't you remind me about that?!" I asked.

 

  She sighed, "I thought you still had your phone, so I texted you. Then I realized just now that your phone was lost during the performance in M-Countdown."

 

  The ground starts grumbling and the ceiling was about to collapse at any moment, "Let's save our conversation later." I said and quickly grab our bags then start running. Luckily, I put some markings to remember the way out of this cave.

 

  "This way!" I grabbed Yoona's arm and fasten our pace to avoid some falling rocks. How can it collapse quickly? We just get the stones. 

 

  As we saw the exit, the rocks piled up and blocked the only way out, "Out of my way!" I used my force field to push the rocks away. "Yoona, go!" I said as I hold the rocks blocking the way out, "No! We have to escape here together!" she refuse.

 

  "I said go! If I go with you then none of us will escape here." I insist, "But--" she was going to say again but I quickly used another force to push her out of this cave. "Seohyun!"

 

  "I'm sorry, Yoona." Then I finally drop my arm, as the rocks blocked between us.

 

  Darkness conquers my sight, but it eventually lit a blue light coming from the ground. I glanced at the blue fainting light beside me, I was going to reach it but half of my body is stuck under the chunk of rocks. 

 

  "I must... survive!" I said as I am going to reach the blue stone, "I must... I have to..." I finally reach the stone then she spreads an aura. Then it goes inside of my skin causes me to scream in pain.

 

 

  I gasped and rose quickly from my bed, I was dreaming about what happened to the cave, again.

 

  It's been three days after that incident, I can still feel the pain it gave me. Should I tell this to Wendy? Maybe the symptoms are now starting.

 

  No, not right now. It's just normal to me to have bad dream, I should go back to sleep.

 


 

HYO

  "Hey, Hyojeon..."

 

  Someone tapped my cheek lightly, "Hm?" It was Hyoyeon eonnie. She greeted me with a smile, "You look exhausted, huh?" She said then chuckled.

 

  I gasped and stood up from my chair, "Is everyone playing prank with me again?" I asked. But eonnie shook her head, "Minjae said you were asleep since the last second period, she even tried to wake you up." She said. "Come on, it's 5:30. We have a performance at 7 pm."

 

  "Uh, okay." I grabbed my backpack and went out of the school with her.

 

  My name's Kim Hyo, other people call me as Hyojeon or Hyoyeon. I'm already 18 years old, but I'm still a smidget. I really hate it when others say that I look like Hyoyeon eonnie, but they didn't know (except Minjae, my best friend) that she's my big sister. We are a family, without parents. I hate parents, I hate moms... and also dads.

 

  I envied my classmates for having their parents in vacation while me, all sisters, no parents, no strict rules and have fun. That's all. Having a famous Girls' Generation as older sisters would be very different than other people who has older sisters, busy schedules, performances in the TV show and concert tours in every parts of the world.

 

  While they're on concert tour in LA or New York, I always ask Minjae to have a sleepover in our apartment. If not, then I'll be home alone. I'm not afraid of being alone, I loved it! As long as I have anything I want: Laptop, PS4, fridge with all the foods I like, strong Wifi connection and a box of pepperonni pizza-- my favorite. Sooyoung eonnie should know that I'm a shikshin too.

 

  "So, you hungry?" Hyoyeon eonnie asked which brings me back to reality.

 

  "A little bit..." Then I heard a loud grumbling sound inside of me. She chuckled and stir the wheel to the left, "Don't worry, we'll stop by at McDonalds." she said, giving me a groan. "Again?"

 

  "Why? You don't like having a bond time with your older twin sister?"

 

  "Of course, I do! What makes you think I don't like it?" I said then rolled my eyes, "You're such a denial type, like me." she commented. "I'm not. And we're not blood related, eonnie." I deny.

 

  We went inside of the McDonalds and ordered some foods.

 

  "How's school?" she asked and took a bite of her hamburger, I looked to her obnoxiously, "You really have to eat a hamburger, I thought vampires would not eat any kinds of foods but blood." I said.

 

  "Don't change the subject, Hyo. And besides, though we're vampires, we can eat foods without gaining weight." she said.

 

  "School's fine, eonnie. No need to worry." I answered and eat some fries, "And how did you walked inside the school earlier?" I asked and took a sip of my soda. "I used illusions to the people inside, so that they cannot notice that the famous Girls' Generation's Kim Hyoyeon, walked inside the school." Inserts devilish laugh.

 

  I shook my head, "For me, you're the underrated member." I said, honestly. "It doesn't matter." Whoa, she just ignored it. "But as long as I danced in the stage, I'll be the famous dancing machine of the group." she smiled, "I can tell."

 

  "Try having dance with me, maybe you had a skill of dancing like me." she suggested, "No thanks, It'll be better for me to create a new equipment." I refuse. "That's not your skill, it's the things your good at."

 

  "Well, I'm good at creating new equipments." I said. "I'm not good at dancing because I never tried to dance since then."

 

  Just in time when my phone rang inside my pocket, "Hello?" I answered. "Hey, Hyojeon Kim!" Here she goes again, "I have to show you something tomorrow, meet us at the school's backyard. 9 pm, don't be late." then she hang up.

 

  "Who was that? It sounds like she wasn't Minjae." she guessed, "Oh, one of my classmate, she just have something to show me tomorrow." I answered. "Speaking of tomorrow..." I shoved my hands with two movie tickets, "I need someone to watch a movie with me." I smiled.

 

  "Aww, thanks. But I have a busy schedule tomorrow, I'm sorry, Hyo." She said and holds my hand. I knew it, because of too much fame, they have gotten more busier than a normal person who is stressed all day. I can't avoid to have rejections towards my sisters. "But I'll make it up to you the next time we are together." She added with a smile.

 

  I arranged my eye glass and force myself to smile, "It's okay, I'll ask Minjae to watch a movie with me." I said.

 

  As got out from the fastfood chain, "Do you want to come with me to watch our performance?" She asked. "Nah, I have to finish my Chemistry project. Maybe next time." Then I walked to the trunk and opened it, "I have to go." I grab my skateboard.

 

  "How did you know that I hid your skateboard there?"

 

  I smirked, "I built a tracking device inside my skateboard, so that, I can easily locate it." 

 

  "You're so genius." She commented, "I know." Then step on my skateboard. "Bye, eonnie!" I waved my hands then start to walk away. "Be careful!" She yelled, but I raised my arm and thumbs up.

 

  I stopped in the dark alley and saw the full moon, I started panting hard. My heart racing fast and sweating easily, I clenched my fist and drop my bag near the garbage.

 

  It's time.

 

 

---

Hey everyone!

First of all, HAPPY HALOWEEN! (Though I don't like haloweens) but anyways... Sorry that I kept you waiting for the first chapter. I can't think of something because I am having a hard time with my family financially. And it stressed me so much that I can't even think of something.

So that's all.

Stay tuned, as always.