Chapter 17

Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes, we do all have different mothers.” It was the eldest Seunghyun who answered Seungri confusion. “I am the only one who bear our father’s surname, not only because I am the firstborn of the family but also because my mother is the only legal wife of our father. So that’s why only I carry the surname of Choi.” Seunghyun paused a while before continued, “Our father was married my mother under family arrangement; they didn’t have any feelings for each other. At that time, Dad was in love with another woman, so did my mother. They decided to marry each other for the family business. Once my mother gave birth to me, she left with her lover and abandoned me in Dad’s care.”

“And the woman Dad has always been in love with was my mother.” This time, it was Yongbae who spoke up. “After Seunghyun hyung mother passed away, Grandpa has been searching for another woman to be the mother for hyung. Grandpa would never agreed for my mother to be with Dad because their different society status. At that time, Dad was the only heir to our family while my mother was only a dishwasher in a small restaurant. Grandpa did everything to separate them but Dad will always come back to my mother no matter.”

Seungri and JongHoon were keep listening to Yongbae story when he continued, “Then Grandpa found a suitable woman for our father. But because Seunghyun hyung mother and Dad hasn’t really divorced by that time, they couldn’t get married right away. So, that woman ended up being the illegal wife of Dad.”

When Yongbae stopped his explanation and turned to look at his same age brother, Jiyong sighed as he knew it’s his turn now. “That illegal wife of Dad was my mother. Although my mother knew how much Dad loved Yongbae’s mother, but she still stayed by his side because of Seunghyun hyung.” Jiyong knew, the two best friends must be confused to his words as he sighed and explained, “I know it must be weird, right?”

Jiyong tried to joke to ease up the tense atmosphere, “My mother was the younger sister of Seunghyun hyung’s mother.” Seungri and JongHoon couldn’t hide their shock at hearing Jiyong’s explanation. However, they tried to control their shock and paid attention to Jiyong. “At first, my mother just wanted to stay by Dad side simply because of her nephew, but in the end, she slowly fell in love with Dad and willingly to sacrifice herself to be the illegal wife of Dad.”

“When Dad found out that my mother was pregnant with me, he was so happy that he thought he would be able to marry her legally as his wife.” Yongbae started to speak up again. “However, Grandpa was still refused to let it happen and ordered my mother to abort me. My mother wouldn’t agree as she decided to leave Dad and left the town with me inside her stomach.”

Then, Jiyong continued after Yongbae. “Dad was frustrated and lonely for Yongbae mother; and one night he drunkenly mistaken my mom as his lover. My mother who loved Dad just willingly gave herself to him, and a month later, she found out that she was pregnant with me. At that time, Dad was so lost because he couldn’t find Yongbae mother anywhere and he never gave up in finding them until I was born.”

Seungri and JongHoon could see the sadness in Jiyong when he’s talking about his mother. “When my mother was 6 months pregnant with me, she found out that she has a sickness which can cause her life, and the only thing to do was doing operation. However, because of her pregnant condition, she couldn’t do or it will be dangerous for the baby. My mother didn’t hesitate to refuse the operation because she couldn’t sacrifice her baby. Just about a week after she gave birth to me, the sickness has already worsen and her body couldn’t take it anymore. She died a week after gave birth to me.”

Seungri and JongHoon were speechless as they didn’t know what to say or do in that moment. Eldest Seunghyun had already glued himself to Jiyong side to comfort him.

“After the death of Jiyong’s mother and the missing Yongbae’s mother, Dad got much stressed and lost himself. Dad was starting acknowledge his responsibility as a f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter