Chapter 28

Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you think you’re doing, Seungri?” Yongbae glared at the youngest who entered his bedroom with his walking stick. Since he has sprained his ankle badly, the youngest was being nagged nonstop by his three hyungs, especially the mother hen Yongbae. Seungri was prohibited in doing anything involving using his right ankle.

“Hyung, I’m bored staying in the room all day! Besides, I have been cooped inside my room for 2 days already!” Seungri protested with a pout.

“That’s what you get for escaping without informing your hyungs!” Yongbae scolded the youngest, but still he directly approached his dongsaeng to help him sat down on the couch.

“What are you doing, hyung?” Seungri asked his 2nd eldest hyung in curiosity.

“I am reading.” Yongbae answered his dongsaeng while putting away the walking stick beside the couch.

“Reading? That’s boring!” Seungri frowned at his hyung answer. “Hyung, can we watch movie instead?”

“What would you like to watch then?” Yongbae asked his dongsaeng while he’s walking to turn on the big screen. “What kind of movie genre do you usually watch, anyway?”

“Hyung, you do know that it has been two years since I haven’t watched any movies. But anyway, I’ll prefer thriller and action movie better.” Seungri answered his hyung curiosity. Hearing the youngest answer, Yongbae felt a bit guilty for asking in the first place but he decided to shake it off as he picked out the movie to watch.

“I know you love art, but other than that, what else you usually like to do in your free time?” Yongbae asked.

“Well, I didn’t really has a lot of free time, I usually worked, took up several jobs for living.” Seungri paused before he continued, “I was mostly just hanging out with JongHoon and Chansung in my free time, I guess.” 

At the mention of Chansung, it made Yongbae felt guilty once again. Although the youngest had honestly said to them that he’s fine with Chansung related matter, but still it doesn’t make Yongbae feel easy about it. Yongbae knew how hard it must be for Seungri to see his own brother being sent to prison by his own biological family. At first, Yongbae was scared that Seungri will hate them and turned his back on them, but luckily, he didn’t.

“Seungri-ah...” Yongbae called his dongsaeng softly, eyes never left the youngest.

“What is it, hyung?” Seungri turned to look at his hyung in confusion.

Instead of answering the youngest, Yongbae pulled Seungri into his embrace. “Thank you for coming to our life, Seungri-ah. You’re really the glue that kept this family back together again. Without your appearance in our lives, the four of us will be separated even more farther from each other.”

“Hyung, I’m not that good as you said.” Seungri refused the thankful words his hyung gave him. “I am just accidentally passed in your life. I’m the one who is thankful to all of you for accepting me in this family.”

In the end, the two brothers just enjoyed the silence in each other embrace before they drowned themselves in the movie.

 

It was almost the end of the movie when Yongbae felt something heavy dropped on his shoulder. And it turned out to be Seungri head; the youngest had obviously fallen asleep in his shoulder. Yongbae sighed as he carefully held Seungri head on his head before he carried the youngest to his bed. He wanted Seungri to sleep comfortable on the bed rather than the couch.

Yongbae made sure to cover the youngest with warm blanket before he walked to turn off the screen and continued his reading. But weirdly, he couldn’t focus on his reading as his mind kept wandering back at the youngest who had fallen into sleep on his bed. Unconsciously, he had let his legs led him towards the bed.

Looking at the peaceful sleeping face of the youngest unconsciously made Yongbae smiled warmly.

Realizing how fast himself to accept and love Seungri in his life as his youngest brother, sometimes it made Yongbae felt g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter