Chapter 05

Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DAESUNG POV

When I opened my eyes, I have to squeeze my small eyes closed at the sudden bright. Adjusting to light, I slowly realized that I was standing nowhere but surrounded by white light. Where am I? Am I dead? Am I in heaven?

Stupid me! How could I even think of heaven? I don’t deserve that. I deserve to be in hell...!

But seriously, where the heck am I right now? My eyes tried to search any clues around me, but all I can see just smoke of bright light. That’s when my eyes landed on a shadow that slowly approaching. My heart started to beat faster; my mind was telling me to run away but my legs just wouldn’t listen as I kept stuck on my spot.

I sharpened my eyesight at the shadow that coming closer and closer to me. My tears rolled down itself without I realized when I completely saw the face of the shadow coming to me.

“Maknae...”

Yes. My maknae is walking towards me. Oh, how I miss my maknae so much. I didn’t care anymore as I launched myself on my only dongsaeng.

“Seunghyunnie, I miss you so much...”

“Hyung... Daesung hyung...” I heard my maknae called me while hugging me back. “Hyung, please don’t blame yourself, do you know how hurt I am to see you like that? My death is not your fault. It’s an accident. I did what I did because I love you, hyung.”

“Maknae, I...”

Before I can finish my words, my dongsaeng has already cut me, “Daesung hyung, I am happy where I am right now. And I want you to be the same. I can’t be the maknae for our hyungs anymore. You’re the maknae now. You have to take care of hyungs for me. Promise me, Daesung hyung?”

“No, I can’t. Maknae, please...”

“Hyung, please promise me. Please...” As maknae begged me to say the promise, I could see the fading sight of maknae.

“Maknae, what happened with you? Where are you going?” I asked him impatiently. I grabbed his hand tightly, not letting him out of my sight, ever again.

“Hyung, no matter where I will be, just remember that I will always, always watch over all of you... I love you too hyung...”

With that, my maknae was completely faded away from my sight.

“Maknae, wait...”

The next thing I knew, I felt my body floated away into darkness and the next moment when I opened my eyes, I was already met with a pair of familiar teary eyes.

“Yongbae hyung...”

 

YONGBAE POV

“Yongbae hyung...”

Hearing my dongsaeng calling out for my maknae made me tear up automatically. Daesung probably had no idea how much he had scared me; how much he had scared his three hyungs. When we found out Daesung was missing from the room, I immediately ran out to look for him while Seunghyun hyung was with broken Jiyong.

I remembered clearly how my heart started to beat faster as fear overtook my whole body with the thought of Daesung gone missing. The only thing came to my mind that time was how scared I was to lose Daesung. I didn’t know why I thought of that, all I knew was I didn’t want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter