Chapter 08

Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! I am back from my vacations!!!

So here you go guys, the next chapter. This chapter would be Daesung POV

Hope you all like it! And keep the feedbacks going, ok?

Thanks!

=================================================

 

I care for nothing as I ran as fast as where my legs took me. My mind has totally shut down; my ears had totally turned deaf; and my sight has been totally blurred by my non-stop tears. All I can feel was the hurt in my heart.

The hurt of losing my only dongsaeng...

The hurt of seeing my Jiyong hyung suffers inside the intensive room with tubes attached to his body...

The hurt of disappointing my Yongbae hyung...

But above everything, what I felt the most was the feeling of guilt and anger that occupied by whole person.

The guilt of being the reason my maknae died. If it’s not because of my carelessness, maknae wouldn’t jump to save me from that car. If not because of my carelessness, maknae would still be alive and we would still continue living as we always does.

The anger for not able to be a hyung to protect my maknae. I was mad at myself for being so helpless. Why was I so stupid and weak? Why couldn’t I protect my own maknae? I am a hyung! It’s my duty to protect my dongsaeng, not the other way around.

But no matter how much other hyungs comforted me, the blame I put on myself couldn’t even be erased. How was I supposed to keep living when my heart kept telling that I was the one who killed my own dongsaeng? How could I keep on living my life when I knew that I was the cause of maknae short life? How could I? How could I keep continue living?

Running out of my breath, I finally snapped out of my thought as my legs started to stop running. I was startled as I found out where I was at that moment.

“The ice cream shop...”

 

“Yah maknae! Not the ice cream shop again!” Fifteen years old Daesung whined annoyingly as he was dragged by the mischievous maknae inside the ice cream shop which they visited almost every week. Sometimes Daesung could never guess his maknae addiction to ice cream; must be inherited from their Big Seunghyun hyung.

“Hyung, I’ve already ordered your usual coffee and mint favour.” The youngest informed Daesung from his usual table by the window. Daesung sighed as he had no choice but to join his dongsaeng.

“Seriously maknae, don’t you get bored coming here again and again?” Daesung asked his dongsaeng.

“Hyung, how can I get bored of this place!? Don’t you remember that this place hold a special moment for both of us?” Daesung just looked confusedly at his excited dongsaeng.

“What?”

“Hyung! How can you forget! I thought you once told me that you’ll never ever forget the place where you’re finally confess that you accept me as your dongsaeng. Don’t you remember that time when we were about 5 or 6. I used to follow around you like a puppy and you really hated me for that. Not until one day when I took the hit from those guys who bullied you. I remembered you took me here and you bought me one scoop of chocolate ice cream and you told me...”

The youngest hasn’t finished his story when Daesung cut him, “I told you that I am sorry, I promised to accept you as my dongsaeng and from that moment on, I will be the one who protect you from anything because I am your hyung.”

“Hyung! You remembered!” The youngest said happily and excitedly.

“Of course I remembered! How could I forget that annoying boy who kept tailing after me and bothered me so much?” Daesung laughed seeing the pout on his dongsaeng. “But I am very thankful for that. Without that moment, I probably wouldn’t able to accept you or other hyungs until now. Because of that annoying boy, I finally realized that I wasn’t alone in this world; that I have brothers, I have a family who will love me for who I am.”

“Hyung, are you confessing again?” The youngest surely loved to tease his hyung.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Daesung pretended to not understand to avoid the tease.

“You’re just too shy to admit the importance of me in your life, hyung. But it’s alright.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter