Chapter 10

Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean you’re moving out of the house?” Yongbae asked his brother Jiyong in shock. Jiyong just dropped the bomb that he’ll be moving out of the house to the apartment he just bought in an hour ago.

“Jiyong, with Daesung leaving us, now you’re leaving too? Why?” The eldest Seunghyun asked his dongsaeng broken heartedly.

“Hyung, Yongbae, please don’t persuade me to stay. I know it’s selfish of me to leave the house, but please understand me too. I need time to heal. I need time to slowly accept the fact that maknae is dead. I need the time and space to help me heal. Please, please understand me and let me go.” Jiyong begged his two brothers.

“We all need time to heal, Jiyong. Let us heal each other. Isn’t it better to heal together than by yourself?” Yongbae asked his brother.

“Because... Because I can’t stay in this house anymore, Bae. I can’t stay in this house that full memories of maknae everywhere. Every corner I see is all maknae. It’s hurt, Bae. It hurt so much to know all I see is the memories of maknae everywhere in this house.” Jiyong cried out. “I know it’s very selfish decision of mine, but please understand my position. I can’t do this anymore. I need the time and space before I go crazy.”

Seunghyun and Yongbae could only looked at their heart breaking brother in speechless.

“Jiyong, we will help you heal. Can’t you stay, for the both of us? Can’t you, Ji?” Yongbae begged his brother in tears. He was really heart brokenly knowing that he will soon lose another brother; than soon this family is going to break even more. “Please, Ji... please...”

“Bae...” Jiyong was speechless heart brokenly seeing the state of his brother in front of me; the tough and strong Yongbae broken down in front of him, begging him to stay. Part of him felt guilty of the selfish decision and made him doubt of his decision to leave; but another part of him telling him to leave; kept telling him that his selfish decision is the right thing to do at that moment; that he really needed the space and time.

It was until the eldest Seunghyun who broke the situation. “Jiyong, if that’s really what you needed to heal yourself, then I respect your decision. If moving out is the decision you’re sure to do, then I won’t force you to stay.”

Both Jiyong and Yongbae looked at the eldest in shock. “Hyung, why are you saying that?” Yongbae protested in shock at his hyung.

Eldest Seunghyun looked at Yongbae as he said, “It’s his decision, Bae. As his brothers, we can only support him for what’s the best for him. If time and space that he needed to heal, then we should respect that too. If we kept him here with us, it’s just gonna hurt him more.”

Yongbae was speechless at the eldest words. He wanted to deny the truth of the eldest words but he knew he couldn’t. There’s nothing he could say or do at the moment. He just could just sighed as he turned his back and walked away.

“Bae....” Jiyong guilt was increasing as he watched the defeated Yongbae turning away from him.

“Let him be.” But the eldest stopped him. “Just like you, he need time as well, Ji. No, we all need time to heal. It’s just you already chose your own way to deal with it. Don’t feel guilty for your own decision. We will never blame you. We respect your decision. It’s just Bae has been kept denying the truth in your decision. Just give him time; he’ll understand your decision.”

“I’m sorry, hyung...”

“Don’t.” Seunghyun stopped his dongsaeng for apologizing. As the eldest hyung, it’s his responsibility to take care of his dongsaengs. If that’s the best decision for his dongsaeng, he will respect it no matter how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter