Chapter 12

Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is this place?” A young man named Seungri asked his best friend, Jonghoon.

“It’s not much, but it’s home.” Jonghoon answered. “I found this place about a year ago. The rent is cheap, but yeah, it’ll be tired climbing the stairs to the roof top.”

Seungri looked apologetically at his best friend, “I am sorry. It’s because of me.”

Jonghoon stopped his best friend from feeling sorrier, “It’s all in the past. For what you’ve sacrificed for me, I couldn’t even imagine how to repay you yet. The one who should apologize is me.”

“Jonghoon-ah, like you said, it’s all in the past, right?” Seungri smiled at his best friend, “This place is quite cute, I must say.”

“Cute? Is that the best you can come up with, Lee Seungri?” Jonghoon pretended to be mad at his best friend before both friends burst into laughter together. “Come on, let’s go out for a bite. You must have missed your favourite food so much.”

“You do know me so well, buddy.” Seungri laughed along they walked out the house together.

“Anyway, I got myself a decent job, a very stable job I must say.” JongHoon told his friend.

“Really? Good for you then.” Seungri was happy for his friend. “What job anyway?”

“I am on marketing department of top fashion brand, GD.”

“What the hell is GD?”

“It’s G-Dragon.”

 

“Oh My God! You have no idea how much I miss eating tteobokki!” Seungri said he ate the big plate of spicy rice cakes in front of him. “Why don’t you eat?”

“That’s okay. You can have it all.” JongHoon said to his friend as he was looking at how deliciously his friend ate his favourite food. JongHoon laughed out as he remembered when they’re only teenagers, they didn’t have a lot of money, so to buy a portion of rice cakes they would have to save up money very hard. Once, they saved up enough money to share a portion of rice cakes, but JongHoon accidentally ate it all, JongHoon was almost got killed by his own friend.

“What are you laughing about?” Seungri eyed his best friend confusedly.

Jonghoon shook his head, “Nothing, just thought of our tteobokki incident on our teenage days.” As he said, Seungri grinned as he also clearly remembered that day as well, and both of them ended up laughing together at that memories.

“I remembered that day, it’s also the day we met Chansung by accident as well.” Seungri said casually but with the mention of another name silenced them up immediately from their laughter. Both friends looked at each other awkwardly before Seungri broke the awkwardly silence, “How is Chansung? Have you two met up after… the incident?” He asked JongHoon carefully.

JongHoon sighed as he knew the topic will come out sooner or later. “No, I haven’t met up with him since the incident.” He said truthfully. “I did try to reach out for him for few times but he was like nowhere to be found. And I have never ever heard about him ever since.”

Both friends sighed in silence befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter