Maldives pt.1

Married To The Childish Kkamjjong

“Passport?”

“Check.”

“Wallet?”

“Check.”

“Nothing else left behind?” Subin looked at their luggage and bag, “Stop it wifey, we’re going to be late if you keep checking like that.” Kai said and Subin flustered at her new nickname that he made for her. Wifey.

“O-okay, let’s go.” she quickly headed to the car that was waiting for them. Kai realized her flustered face and just laughed it off with Mr. Park who also knew about it. Although they already close and fine with skin ships, Subin still a bit ‘stranger’ for nicknames such as ‘wifey’ ‘baby’ or ‘yeobo’.

Kai was trying to make her get used to those nicknames, he may be the least member that was known for showing his skin ships in front of the fans or public. But actually he’s a really affectionate person, it’s just he doesn’t really like to show it to people.

They get in the car and the car slowly moved, leaving the mansion. They’re making their way to the Incheon International Airport. “What if your fans see us? I don’t need my face being burned in front of the company.” Subin said while scrolling down her phone. “Don’t worry, they already know so what’s the point burning your photo when they could never make us separated?” Kai said while reading a magazine.

Subin was ‘amazed’ by his choice of words, but that’s true though. Even if the world turns its back on them, they would never letting go each other.

---

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Korean Air. The plane will be arrived on 3 am KST or 11 pm MVT. The Captain has the Fasten Seat Belt sign. If you haven’t already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt. And also make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position. If you have any questions about our flight today, please don’t hesitate to ask one of our flight attendants. Thank you.

The plan took off, leaving South Korea. Subin looked over the beautiful scenery of Seoul from the small window. She was glad to leave all of her worries behind and took a break from her activities. Kai was making sure he had turned his phone into the flight mode, he didn’t use any mask or hat. He just wanted to relax.

They sat in the first class section where there’s only a few people in that section and most of them are businessman or woman with busy schedule that they were too careless to take a look at people around them. Subin was one of them, she always use the first class, get on the plane, sleep, wake up, then went to her schedules then go back to the airport, waiting in the special lounge and then went straight home. She couldn’t enjoy her life until now.

---

A couple hours later, they arrived in Male, Maldives. “Are you tired?” Kai asked her and she just nodded as they exited the airport. Although they spent their time sleeping on the plane, it was never a comfortable place to sleep. Kai has been spending his time on the plane rather than on the ground, he knew the plane better than anyone else did as EXO schedules made him going on trip all around the world every day.

Subin put her head on his shoulder after they entered a car that has been waiting for them, soon the car leaved the airport and dropped them to the resort that they had booked before. Kai could see that Subin was tired and still jet-lag after the trip. He just chuckled and let her sleep on his shoulder until they arrived.

Though it was almost midnight in Male, the street was still crowded with the tourists as it was the time of the year when everyone went for a holiday with their family or friends.

“Hey, wake up. We’re here.” Kai nudged her and Subin opened her eyes, she looked around and spotted a very big resort near the ocean. “Let’s go, you can continue to sleep after we went to our room.” Kai hold her hand and she nodded. The porters brought their luggage to their room.

“Thank you,” Kai said in English and the porters left as soon as they entered their room.

Subin put off her shoes and slipped on the hotel’s slipper, she released her coat and laid down on the bed. She was too tired to unpack their luggage or even think about anything else. She was too tired with the trip.

Kai put their luggage in its place and then put off his coat and shoes and changed into his pajamas. He found Subin already sleeping and just laughed, ‘My wife is such a baby,’ he thought. He joined Subin on the bed and covered their body with the covers. He made sure that he didn’t wake her up and her body was covered with the covers.

He put his arms around her body and unconsciously she also hugged him tightly, snuggled to his broad chest. Kai smiled and put his head on top of her head.

---

Subin opened her eyes and found herself in Kai’s embrace, she smiled and looked around. “We’re here,” she said to herself and let go of his embrace. She walked slowly to the bathroom to take a bath, she realized she hasn’t changed or done anything after their arrival.

Kai opened his eyes after Subin has left for take a bath, he realized that she had already awakened and were taking a bath in the bathroom. He groaned and stretched his body. He still felt a little bit of jetlag but already freshened. He rolled to the other side of the bed to take his phone on the night stand and found a lot of messages from s in the group’s chatroom. He laughed at their comments such as

Chanyeol: ‘Kai-yah! Where are you right now?’

Baekhyun : ‘Of course he’s already arrived on Male, what kind of question is that? Kai-yah, are there any pretty girls out there?’

Suho : Guys, calm down. It’s probably midnight in Maldives

Chen : KAI! Bring us souvenirs! A BUNCH OF SOUVENIRS!

Xiumin : Kids, be silent

Sehun : Subin didn’t read my messages too T_T What are you guys doing out there huh? *smirk*

D.O : Sehun, you’re ert. Guys, shut the up.

Lay : What’s going on?

Kai laughed at those messages and a lot more, the members were sending him messages last night (in Maldives time zone) and bickered by themselves about his whereabouts with ignorant comments made by D.O and clueless Lay. Their group’s chatroom was always like that every time, even if they’re just a few centimeters a part in the dorm.

Kai replied to their messages and some of his family members’ messages.  Although they all are in vacation for a couple days, the other members just hang around in the dorm or come to play in their home. 

A couple minutes later, Subin went out from the bathroom as she finished her shower and found Kai still lying on the bed while playing with his phone. “Get up, lazy .” she and he looked at her, “Okay, okay. I’ll take a shower first,” Kai get up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. Subin shook her head and put her towel away before she checked her phone.

---

“Good morning, sunshine.” Kai hugged her from behind as soon as he finished his shower, Subin flinched slightly but then just giggled. “Good morning to you too, you slept well?” she asked, “Best sleep in seven years.” he nuzzled his nose on her shoulder. “Bet you do,” she said and they stayed in that position for a moment. Enjoying the cool breeze from the beach right in front of them.

Kai swayed side to side as if they’re listening to a song. Subin loved this moment, she wanted the time to stop and let them stay like that forever. This is the first time ever in her life to enjoy a relaxing vacation. She used to kept herself busy with works and studying, she had a high expectation for herself which almost took her to her own grave when she forgot to eat after several meetings and classes in a day that caused her to be sitting in the hospital’s ER for three hours to received IV infuse.

For Kai, it was the first time after seven years, he finally could spent a ‘real vacation’ far away from Seoul. He could forget about his hectic schedules and relaxed. For him, who started as trainee since he was 14 and debuted at 18, a vacation was all he needed.

“What should we do today?”

Subin finally asked and broke the silence, “Breakfast first? Then let stroll around,” Kai suggested and she nodded in agreement.

---

They had a nice breakfast near the pool in their resort’s complex, they enjoyed the meals and had a conversation filled with laughs. Subin wore a simple light blue summer dress, since it was warm in Maldives, with a simple knitted cardigan. Meanwhile Kai wore a blue t-shirt with a jeans and a snapback. They’re just like another couple who went for a honeymoon.

“Do you need a car, sir?” an employee asked them as they ready to left the resorts complex, “No, thank you. We’ll walk,” Kai said and that employee excused himself. Kai and Subin decided to walk around instead of driving a car that was provided by the resort. They wanted to enjoy the weather and warm breeze.

“That was delicious,” Subin said as they walked hand by hand, “Should we go get an ice cream? I’m craving for one,” Kai started to look around to find any ice cream parlor. “Found it!” she said and pointed at an ice cream parlor just across the street and they went to that parlor to bought two cone ice cream.

Kai put his arm around her waist as they walked together and eating the ice cream. They have this simple conversation while eating and she would laugh of several clumsy accidents that happened to him while he had a concert.

“It fell down just right after I could put my clothes on, you know,” Kai said and Subin kept laughing. He was telling her the accident that happened when the curtains fell down in the middle of the concert when they have to changed their clothes on stage with only covered by curtains.

“Hey, don’t laugh at me, that was really shocking you know,” Kai said and Subin just kept laughing as she remembered had seen his shocked expression from an article. “Hahahaha, but really, that must be funny and embarrassing at the same time hahahaha…..” Subin kept laughing, “Yah, stop it….” Kai said but she just kept laughing. He tickled her side and she stopped laughing at him and started to backed away from him.

“Yah!!” he just laughed as he tickled her, “Issh….” Subin hitting his arms and he entangled her in his arms. “Okay, okay, I’ll stop, I’ll stop.” Subin surrender and she stopped laughing. Kai let her go but still hold her hand. “I heard there’s a reef called Banana Reef, should we go there?” Kai asked, “Oh yeah, the reef! Let’s go~” Subin pumped her fist to the air like a kid and Kai just laughed.

“Have you ever gone diving before?” Kai asked her and she nodded, “Two years ago I think? One of my friends had a gathering and we went diving together in Jeju. But I don’t know if I still can do it or not,” Subin said.

“Excuse me,” Kai said and an employee came out, “Yes, may I help you?” she asked them. “I want to reserve …..” Kai took care of everything while Subin looked around. She found a lot of young couples like them hanging around and walking around, she smiled to herself. But, suddenly, she felt like someone was watching her. She turned around and found no one near them, just normal couples.

‘Weird’

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Kai came back after he talked with the front desk, “Ah, nothing, so?” she said and shrugged off her thoughts. She didn’t want to ruin the good atmosphere with nonsenses thoughts.

They prepared to dive in the Banana Reef, “Are you ready?” Kai asked her and she nodded. “Don’t search for me down there, I’m an expert.” Subin said and they just laughed right before the dive in to the sea.

After they dive, they went to a museum and spent their day walking around to some traditional tourist attractions. Finally, they decided to have a dinner in Ithaa Undersea Restaurant where they could have a dinner while watching the fishes and sharks swimming.

“Wow, look at that.” Subin said as she pointing to a group of fish who swim away. Kai looked at the fishes and also amazed by it, he looked at Subin’s facial expression. She was so happy and kept smiling all the time. He was glad that she could smile after all of the mess that happened back home. He had promised to himself (and to Sehun) to always make her happy.

“Here’s your order,” the foods came out and they started to eat it all. They talked about their first day in Maldives and what they think about it.

“Yeah, after I sent our photos into the group chatroom, the guys started to make a fuss now. Look,” Kai said while showing his phone to Subin and she just laughed as she read the chat. She never knew that boys’ conversation could be that funny and interesting in the same time.

Soon they finished their dinner and head back to the resort.

---

“Thank you for today,” Subin said after they lay down on the bed together, Kai was lying beside her and put his arm around her shoulder. “Thank you for everything,” Kai kissed her forehead and she smiled as she snuggled more to him.

“Good night,”

---

A/N : Sorry for the late update T__T I supposed to release this yesterday after my report card came out but I lost track of time watching Somewhere Only We Know on TV so .... Sorry everyone~~ Anyway, this is a long chapter for all of you~~~ Pleasee do leave your comments here and tell me what do you think about this:) Owh, and holiday is starting so I might update this story frequently ^^ Don't forget to leave your comment and subscribe if you haven't^^