The Invitation

Married To The Childish Kkamjjong

It was a bright Saturday morning and Subin kept tossing around the bed, she couldn’t sleep after the anonym letter came. Kai noticed it since he was awake until three in the morning because Sehun had made him to drove all away to EXO’s dorm because Chanyeol kept messing with the rest of his things in the dorm and moved it to Baekhyun’s so called ‘bedroom’ in the living room. Kai took some of his stuffs to the mansion to avoid any unpredictable things happened to his stuffs because Baekhyun is surely not someone whom you’d trust your things with.

He found her tossing all around her side of the bed, he didn’t want to wake her up because he knew she was having a trouble with sleeping. Sometimes, he would turn around to look at her and watch her, in case she was having a nightmare or what.

Subin woke up and sighed hard, she knew this would happen sooner or later. After she found out that the ‘accident’ wasn’t an accident, she knew that the one who was behind the accident still around her and watching her closely. She never told anyone about her marriage with Kai to the other employees at the office. They all knew that she had married but they never knew or bothered to ask with whom was she married with.

She took a walk to the bathroom to take a shower because she’d prepare herself for the wedding ceremony. She took a glance at Kai who was still sleeping on the bed before get in to the bathroom. She worried for him because she didn’t want him to get hurt because of her. Just like him.

Kai opened his eyes and groaned a little, it was 9 in the morning and he just got six hours of sleeping because of s. He stretched his arms and knew that Subin had woken up earlier than him like always.

“What happened to her?” he thought to himself as he remembered what happened to her last night in her sleep.

He wondered if she got a nightmare or trouble with sleeping, he really wanted to know what’s on her mind. He just wanted to know about her well.

“What?” Subin get out from the bathroom and he snapped back to reality. “N-nothing, move, move, I need to take a shower too.” Kai said and quickly get in to the bathroom.

Subin furrowed her brows but then just shrugged it off. “Weird,” she thought to herself.

---

“I think they’re going to attend it together,”

“Really? We could see his face, then.”

“Yeah, if she was clever enough, she’d hid his face from the public.”

“But sooner or later, the mysterious man will be found out by public.”

“And when that happened, the game will be really rough.”

---

“Where are you going today?” Subin asked Kai as they were having their breakfast in the dining room, “Nowhere, I rather sleep all day until the wedding ceremony. My members made me work to move out some of my things from the dorm last night.” Kai answered her and she nodded.

“Don’t mess around in my room, I don’t need trashes all over the room when there’s already one moving around.” Subin said and Kai took some time to think for a while. “YAH!” he said and she just stocked out her tongue at him. Their relationship is getting weirder.

 Subin finished her breakfast first and went to her study to spend all days reading novels, comics, anything. Her study was separated from the library but still, she had a lot of novels and comics in her study room. Kai went to their bedroom and spend his day to sleep, playing games on his phone, watching TV. He feel that it was like the first time he got a totally free time after the LMR promotion was over and no tour for the week.

---

Subin was reading Mitch Albom’s  ‘Have a Little Faith’ in her study when she suddenly stopped and looked at a drawer placed beneath her desk. She opened it and looked at the anonymous letter once again, she wondered what does it mean.

“What’s really going on?” she wondered and kept staring at the only word that was written there. “Don’t say ….” she showed a depressed and stressed expression. She doesn’t want anything bad to happen again. No more, it was enough for her.

---

Kai was surfing through the channels on the TV, it was 3 p.m already and he had done nothing except chatting with the other EXO members and rolling over the bed. It was heaven for him.

“I wish I could do this every day, it would be prefect.” he said to himself and suddenly he found a channel about him and the EXO members on the entertainment weekly. Sometimes he still found it amazing how he saw himself and s on the TV, though they’ve been doing this for three long years. It was about their double million-seller news and they’re being the fastest group for doing so and their successful concerts in Hong Kong and mainland China. He smiled to himself, somehow proud with the news.

Subin entered the bedroom and found Kai smiling at himself. “Are you crazy or what?” she asked him and he stopped smiling like an idiot. “Nothing.” he hissed and she put her novel on a shelf in the corner of the room. “Get ready now, the wedding ceremony starts at 7 and we must be there earlier than the guests. I don’t want to answer some lame questions just because you’re too slow.” Subin said. “I’m slow? ME?” Kai protested, “In your face.” she stocked out her tongue at him and Kai couldn’t say anything.

---

“Are you ready, master?” Mr.Park asked Kai as he walked down the stairs, “Where’s Subin?” he asked him and Mr.Park pointed at Subin who was walking down the stairs. Kai couldn’t help but kept staring at her. She looked gorgeous in a simple broken gold dress and a small purse. Her dress matched Kai who wore a suit.

“What?” she asked him after she walked down the stairs and met him, “You’re look gorgeous.” he said in a low volume but she could hear it. “Thanks, you too.” she said but avoided any eye contacts with him. Both are still shy and awkward for saying things like that.

“Let’s go, miss.” Mr.Park said as the chauffeur has been waiting for them near the limo that will take them to the party.

“Hey, use this to cover up.” Subin handed him a mask and he looked at her, “I don’t want your identity to be revealed too soon because I’m sure you don’t want to handle those fans of yours.” Subin said and he nodded. Kai wore the mask, “What should I do in the party if someone ask something to me?” Kai asked her. “Just answer it shortly but still in polite way, it’s not like everyone easily recognize your voice. I’ll tell everyone that you caught a cold that’s why you’re wearing the mask.” Subin told him her plan and he nodded along.

---

Soon, the car has arrived on Grand Hyatt Seoul and a couple reporters have been waiting for the guests to come. Kai lowered his head until nobody could see his face and kept walking beside Subin as they entered the famous luxury hotel lobby. A lot of bodyguards have stand by in front of the hotel and in the lobby hotel.

“Good evening, Miss Lee.” an old man said and Subin greeted him, “Good evening, Mr.Son. It’s gret to see you here,” Subin said and Kai lowered his head to show some respect. “Ah, is he your husband?” Mr.Son asked her and she nodded, “Yes, uhm, I think I should go now. Yoora might been waiting for me in the bride’s room.” Subin trying to find some excuses to not introducing Kai to Mr.Son and the latter just nodded.

“Who’s that?” Kai asked her as they were walking to the bride’s room, “He’s one of an executive in my uncle’s company. I know him since I was a little.” Subin answered him while trying to smile and greeted some people who saw her.

After a while, they finally reach a room with four bodyguards in front of it. “Good evening, President. Miss Yoora has been waiting for you,” one of them said and let them entered the room. A beautiful bride in her white wedding dress was sitting in front of a big mirror. “Finally!” that woman stand up from her seat and greet Subin cheerfully.

“You made it!” she said again and Kai know that it’s Yoora, Subins’ cousin. “Of course I did, I won’t miss it for the world.” Subin said and smiled. Yoora saw Kai and noticed him, she asked all the maids and guards inside the room to get out and let them to have some private time only the three of them.

“Hey there, I’m your biggest fan in the world!” Yoora said after everyone left the room. Kai furrowed his brows. “She was in the wedding, she’s the only cousin who knows who you are. It’s going to be okay. Also, she’s an Aeri (EXO-L).” Subin said and Kai took off his mask. Yoora smiled even brighter than before, “It’s a pleasure,” Kai offered his hand and they shook hands.

“Gosh, you look amazing in close up.” Yoora blurted out and Subin just rolled her eyes, “Stop it , you’re going to get married.” the bride just laughed it off. “Calm down, after all I’m not going to steal your man.” Yoora poked her side and Subin just shook her head.

“Anyway, it’s going to started soon. You two better get out now.” Yoora joked and then Subin bid her goodbye as she and Kai left the room. “That’s why you brought me here?” Kai asked her and she just laughed a little. “Maybe yes…? Maybe not? I don’t know, just don’t wanna be alone in these kind of events.” Subin said as they walked to the grand ballroom again.

“Subin!” Youngjin came out of nowhere and looked at Kai who was wearing the mask again. Kai looked at him but then shrugged it off. “Hey, you made it? I thought you’ll be with the kids on the street.” Subin said and Youngjin just laughed. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen Yoora and also my father has been budging me to come along. You know,” he said again and Subin just laughed.

“My lady!” someone said from afar and Subin looked to the voice’s owner and then they all saw a young man in his suit walking up to them. “Yoonsang, you’re here?” Subin asked the man and he just laughed. “Yeah, says the one who exiled me to Japan.” Yoonsang said, “Yah!” Subin hit him and they laughed.

“Of course I’m here, it’s my sister’s wedding for God’s sake. Anyway, noona asked you to sing.” Yoonsang said to Subin and she frowned. “No way,” Kai looked at her, “Yes-way, now go to the front and ask the ‘piano-man’ about what song that you’re going to sing.” Yoonsang pushed her away from them.

Subin couldn’t do anything except just go with the flow and went to the pianist in the front. Yoonsang looked at Kai behind his mask and furrowed his brows. “I supposed you’re her husband?” Yoonsang asked as Youngjin was drinking his wine.

“Y-yeah, nice to meet you,” Kai offered his hand and Yoonsang quickly grabbed it, “You must be a really good man, noona never dated anyone else after—“ Yoonsang stopped talking and Youngjin shook his head. “We promised to never talked about it anymore,” Youngjin said and Youngjin sighed. “Yeah, sorry. It was suddenly come to my mind. It’s not only her who missed him, you know he was like another big brother to me besides Sungshik-hyung.” Yoonsang said.

Kai frowned and tried to figure out what were they talking about. “I know but it’s not like Subin told everyone about it. Do you know about it?” Youngjin asked Yoonsang and Kai hesitatingly shook his head. “See?” Youngjin said again, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to. But I’m sure she’ll tell you soon.” Yoonsang said.

“Hey, it’s starting.” Youngjin said and the piano started to played, Kai looked at Subin who was grabbing the mic, standing beside the piano. The party started.

---

A/N : Hello everyone ^^ Updated now:))) Thanks for all the subbers and upvoterss, don't forget to comment too T_T There's no comment at all from you guys, why???? Please do leave me your feedbacksT___T