First Date. First Lie

Wrong Confession To the Devil Twin

Ever since you became his girlfriend, you became one of the most discussed topic in school. Everyone started to notice you but you felt that all these attention were actually because they feared you. Fortunately, Jieun was still your best friend and did not treat you differently even after you became Kwangmin's girlfriend. Kwangmin never really came and disturbed you ever since then and you thought he would have forgotten about you. But an SMS from him every night told you the otherwise.

 

The remaining of the week passed peacefully. It was finally the day when you were supposed to have your first 'date' with Kwangmin. Despite it was your first time going on a date, you did not feel excited at all. Instead, you felt dreadful. You stared at the pile of clothes on your bed and carelessly flipped a few. Your personal maid, Eunji, frowned. "Miss, are you having difficulty choosing? Do you want me to choose a dress for you?"

You looked up at your maid. "Keurae, can you help me pick the one?"

 

"Ok!" Eunji squealed in excitement. She always loved dolling you up. *Our young miss look so cute, I must make her look even cuter!* She ran towards the wardrobe and pulled out her most favorite piece. *I've always wanted young miss to wear this. She will look fantastic!* 

 

(Author's note: This is by far my most favorite dresses on my most favorite female bias (Hyosung) of all times. So cute. The ribbon just made it better. ><)

 

After getting dressed, you came out from the room. Eunji stared at you with her eyes widened. "Omo, you looked really pretty!"

You blushed a bit at her comment. Just before you could say anything, your phone vibrated. Eunji handed you the phone.

 

Kwangmin calling...

 

*The time has comed...* You gulped and pressed the button. "Hello?"

 

"Hello? ~~~~. I've reached your house's bus stop. When will you be here?" 

 

"I-I'll be there soon!" You quickly ended the phone call and grabbed your handbag before scrambling out of the room. Eunji was shocked. "Young Miss, where are you going?!"

You heard your maid called you but you did not answer her. *I can't be late! Kwangmin will be angry! ><* You thought about how pissed off he will look while waiting and your legs automatically went faster.

 

After running for a while, you reached the bus stop within your fastest time and saw Kwangmin leaning against a motorbike. You raised an eyebrow. *Since when did he has a motorbike?*

 

When Kwangmin turned around, he spotted you and straightened up. As you went towards him, his eyes ran down your body. He liked the way you dressed. *She looked really cute today.*He grinned. Once you were in front of him, he handed you a helmet. You blinked at him as you watched him climbed on his motorbike.

 

Kwangmin's eyes furrowed in displeasure when he realised you were still standing at the same place. "What is it?"

 

With a red face, you eyed at your skirt and then looked at his motorbike. Kwangmin got your message. Without saying a word, he took off his black jacket and tossed it at you. You caught it with both hands and frowned.

 

"Just use it to cover your legs." Kwangmin said.

*Oh.* You nodded in realisation and a small smile went up your face. *He lent me his jacket... that's... quite nice of him.* You stared at him, beginning to view him a bit differently.

After wrapping the jacket around your waist, you climbed behind him and automatically wrapped your arms around his waist. Kwangmin grinned.

 

***

 

15 minutes later, Kwangmin parked his motorbike in one of the alley near the famous food stalls street. You got off the motorbike after much difficulty and took off the helmet. You scanned around. Everything felt so unfamiliar to you. 

"Let's go." Kwangmin turned off the engine and got off. He had brought you to east side of Seoul. His gang, Boyfriends, were always hanging around this area. It was one of their turf and hangout area. *Maybe I should introduce them to ~~~~ one day.* He thought with a smile as he headed towards the main street.

 

"W-Where are we going?" You looked around, feeling a bit intimidated by the amount of people walking around. Some of the males that were squarting on the streets were eyeing at you, making you shiver. 

You had never ventured to this part of the city, the part where your parents said that many gangster would hang out and catch the good citizens. Feeling even more nervous, you instinctly followed even closely behind Kwangmin.

 

Slowly, Kwangmin led you to one of the roadside stall. "This is one of my favourite food stall." He explained as he went to sit on one of the table. You sat down beside him and looked around. 

 

"Ahjumma! Can I have a plate of deokbokki, mandu (dumpling) and odeng (fish cake)." He ordered with ease. The ahjumma took down the order and went off. Kwangmin turned towards you. "The mandu here tasted really good. It's handmade. The deokbokki is daebak too." 

 

You tilted your head and wrinkled your nose upon hearing the names. "What is deokbokki?" 

 

Kwangmin's eyes rounded. *She does not know what deokbokki is?!?!* 

You saw his expression and mistook it for being annoyed. "Mianhae.... my parents had always not allowed me to eat streetside food... so I don't know much..." You lowered your head.

 

Kwangmin's face softened. "Gwaechana, you'll get to taste it later."

You nodded with a small smile. An awkward silence followed.

 

Kwangmin stole a glance at you. You seemed to be a bit too quiet and not interested. "Can I ask you... why do you like me?" He asked suddenly.

 

You gaped at him. "W-Why did you ask this?" You avoided his gaze and looked at the ice in the cup. *If I tell him, it's all but just a stupid mistake, will he... hit me?*

Kwangmin ruffled his hair and leaned back. "I was just being curious. So... why?" He asked again.

 

"Erm... because I think... you're cool." You forced a smile at him, but you felt like killing yourself from inside. *Why must I lie to him again?*

For a split second, you thought you saw disappointment in Kwangmin's eyes. Kwangmin immediately faked a smile. "I see..." 

 

Finally, the ahjumma brought the food over and set them on the table. You studied the food and leant closer to smell it. The aroma from the deokbokki attracted you attention immediately. "Try it." Kwangmin pushed the plate of deokbokki towards you. 

"Kamsahamnida." You took a piece with your chopstick and put it into your mouth. Your eyes widened in surprise. *This tasted... delicious!*

Kwangmin grinned when he saw your expression. "Tasty?"

 

You nodded your head like a kid. "I have never eaten anything like that!" You took another piece and ate it quickly. *So delicious! ><*

Kwangmin chuckled. *She looked really cute when she eats like that.*

 

***

After a while, Kwangmin excused himself to the toilet. You were sitting alone at the table, enjoying the snacks when someone suddenly tapped you on the shoulder.

 

You twisted your head back to see who it was. A strange guy with piercing at his lip was grinning at you. You flinched at the strong alchohol stench coming from his body. "Hey, pretty girl. Wanna play with oppa?" His hand landed on your shoulders. His friends who were at another table was also staring at you, amused.

 

"I-I." You panicked, not knowing what to do. You quickly shifted away from him. However, the guy did not give up. "Where are you going, pretty girl? Are you teasing oppa?" He joked. His friends laughed.

One of his friends stood up from the table and joined in the fun. He lifted your chin with his hand. "Little girl, you are really cute. Come and join us. We'll make you happy."

"N-No. Please go away." You pushed his hand away, only to make him even more interested in you. Tears were beginning to well up in your eyes. You bit your lips and shut your eyes, hoping Kwangmin would return soon. *Kwangmin...*

 

Just when you thought about him, you heard a loud yelp. You opened your eyes and saw the lip-pierced guy on the floor. The corner of his lips cracked and blood oozed out from his wound. His eyes rounded at the blood. "Y-You!" He gaped at Kwangmin who was standing in front. A cruel smile appeared on Kwangmin's face. "I guess you must have guts to mess with my girlfriend."

*Who is this kid...? He's... strong* The lip-pierced guy gulped. Unable to take the embarrassment of being beaten up by a younger male, he shot a look at his friends behind him. His friends stood up from the table and started to crowd around Kwangmin. The lip-pierced guy showed a smug look. *Let's see how you can deal with all of us.* "Hit him!" 

 

Kwangmin cracked his knuckles and loosened his muscle. "Bring it on." He smirked. Your face went white. *Are they going to fight?*

"Stay behind me." Kwangmin ordered as he narrowed his eyes at the gangsters. You looked at the gangsters who looked really scary. You tugged Kwangmin's sleeve. "B-Be careful." 

"Psk. Just 4 of them? Easy." He showed a bored expression. The gangster were angered. "GET HIM!" They charged towards him.

 

When one of the guys came forward, Kwangmin threw a punch at his face without hesitation. The others gaped at how hard their friend fell to the floor. They swallowed hard. Two went forward this time and tried to tackle Kwangmin. You let out a gasp.

 

Kwangmin dodged their attacks with ease. He grabbed one of the guy's arm and flipped him over his shoulders. He then did a reverse side kick on another guy who was sneaked behind him. Both of them landed on the floor, groaning in pain. 

You screamed when you saw the lip-pierced guy who took a broken soju bottle and was creeping towards him. "Kwangmin!"

 

Within a flash, Kwangmin bent down and dodged his attack on the head. He then stretched his long legs to trip the guy who then fell to the floor. With a cruel smile on his face, Kwangmin grabbed his bottle and kneeled him down. "Do you still want more?" Kwangmin said coldly while using the broken bottle to slowly trace the guy's jawline.

 

Horror flickered in the eyes of the older guy. "N-No... Sorry... I-I was wrong.. P-Please.." He begged.

"Psk." Kwangmin stood up and placed the bottle on the table. "Scram." 

 

As if a beast was chasing them from behind, the guy and his gang ran off immediately without looking back. When Kwangmin moved his gaze away, he spotted the ahjumma who was hiding behind the counter. He sighed and placed a stack of money on the counter. "Mian, ahjumma.. I think I'll pay for the damages you suffered today."

 

Ahjumma gaped at him, not expecting him to be so considerate. "K-Kamsahamnida..." 

 

Kwangmin then turned towards you. You were standing at the same position, staring at him. "~~~~~? Are you hurt?" He asked in concern as he touched your arm.

 

You flinched a bit when you sensed his touch. His cruel expression just a moment ago was still fresh in your memory. "N-Nothing..." You avoided his gaze.

Kwangmin's eyes darkened. *She must be afraid of me now...* With a bitter smile, he looked at you. "Let me take you home..."

 

You nodded.