Birthday Party

Wrong Confession To the Devil Twin

You checked your calendar. Very soon, it will be the Jo twins birthday, 24th April. And Kwangmin has invited you to his birthday party organised by his father for him and Youngmin. You accepted it immediately, of course.

As it was the first time which you got to spend Kwangmin's birthday with him, you decided to make it special. In fact, you had prepared his present for a very long time. You spent a a whole month to knit a cardigan for him. *I wonder if he would like it.* You stared at the black cardigan you knitted. It was not very well done, yet it was warm and fluffy. *I hope he likes it.* You hugged the cardigan and imagined how would he react when he saw it.

You then turned towards Youngmin's present. It was a dark blue scarf knitted by yourself too. You did not know what to give him and decided to knit something for him too. It actually served as a practice before knitting Kwangmin's cardigan. You felt bad for being bias, but Kwangmin was your boyfriend afterall.

 

***

 

On the day of the birthday party, Jieun went to your house before going to the party together. Kwangmin offered to come and fetch you, but Jieun rejected it. She said that she wanted to go with you and did not want Kwangmin to be in the way. Actually, there was another purpose. She wanted to doll you up for the occasion and give him a surprise.

"OMG, you look so JJANG!" Jieun studied you with her eyes wide opened. She had just finished applying make-up on your face and you already looked gorgeous. *I know Kwangmin would like what he sees later.* She giggled at the thought.

You gave her an unsure look. "Jinjja? What about my presents? Do you think Kwangmin will like it?"

 

"I'm sure he'll love your presents." Jieun assured. "Imagine if he got so touched by it and gives you a hawt kiss. OMG!" She gasped.

Your face went red instantly. "Anniya... Stop it." You pushed her shoulders to stop her from continuing.

"Ehehehe." She grinned. "Don't be shy. Look how pretty you are. He'll be so stunned by your beauty."

 

"Jinjja?" You looked at your reflection in the mirror. *Will he like me looking like this?*

 

***

Finally, you and Jieun arrived at the gates of the Jo residence. You took a deep breath, feeling nervous all of a sudden. You heard that Kwangmin's relative will be there too. *I hope I won't be a disgrace...*

"Oh, you're here!" Youngmin beamed when he spotted both of you. He had just came out to see if there were any guest waiting. "Why didn't you come in? Come on in! And you looked wonderful today, ~~~~~." He did a thumb up. "You too, Jieun-ssi."

Jieun grinned at his compliment. "Kamsahamnida. You looked like a prince too."

 

You gave your best friend a look. *Prince? Isn't it a bit weird to say it to a guy?*

 

 

After chatting for a while, all three of you entered the mansion. When you entered the party room, you were surprised to find so many people inside. And most of them were also your schoolmates. *I did not know Youngmin had invited so many friends.* All of them started staring at you, trying to know who you were. Despite you were not an outcast in the school, you had always been a low-profiled student.

 

You instinctly covered your bare shoulders, feeling very embarrassed to be wearing a strapless dress in front of people who recognized you. When you wanted to find Jieun, you were surprised that she had already dashed to the food corner, leaving you alone in the centre of the dancefloor. There were other couples waltzing around you. You bit your lips nervously while scanning around the room.  *Where is Kwangmin?*

 

 

Right at the moment when you stepped into the room, Kwangmin could no longer take his gaze away from you. *She’s perfect.* He was stunned for a moment. When he found you searching for him, he slowly walked up towards you with a smile.

 

You heard footsteps coming towards you, and you turned back. “Kwangmin.” Your face lit up. Kwangmin grinned. “You’re really beautiful tonight.” He left a peck on your cheeks. You grew pink. “Kamsahamnida.”

 

You took a look at Kwangmin’s tuxedo. He looked so dashing. His hair was no longer messed up. Instead, he styled his hair to look more like a gentleman.

 

 

 

He did a bow and held out his hand. “May I have my first dance with you?”

 

You giggled, feeling like a princess all of a sudden. “Mmm.” You placed your hand on his lightly. He held it firmly and pulled you towards his chest. When both of you were close enough, he slid his hand down to your waist and you circled your arms around his neck. Both of you started dancing to the smooth music. As you had taken waltz classes before, it was not a difficult task.

 

Kwangmin gave you a gentle smile as he gazed down at you. Your cheeks heated up under his stare. “Are you forgetting to tell me something?” He asked. 

You nodded. "Erm... H-Happy Birthday, Kwangmin." You squeaked. 

Kwangmin's smile widened. "Thank you. And where is my present?" He asked as he spun you around. 

"It's with Jieun." You threw a glance at Jieun who was gobbling down the food and happily chatting with Youngmin. *They seemed to make a cute couple.* You thought all of a sudden.

 

Kwangmin looked at the direction you were looking. He also saw Youngmin and Jieun talking. "Don't you think they are compatible?" He blurted. You blinked, surprised at how his thoughts could match yours. You nodded with a small smile.

 

Just when the song ended, you felt a tap on the shoulders. You twisted your head around to see Naeun standing behind you. "Do you mind if I dance with the birthday boy for the next song?" 

 

"Sure." You forced a smile and let her take your surprised boyfriend away. Kwangmin threw a worried glance at your direction. You nodded with a smile, trying to prove that you were alright with it. *It's just a dance anyway.*

 

However, Naeun was a really good dancer. In no time, everyone placed their attention on Kwangmin and her. They glided smoothly across the dancefloor, as if they had practised this dance before. You could even hear Naeun's giggling from the side. *Looks like they had fun.* You thought sourly and decided to leave the ballroom for a breather.

 

***

At the balcony, you were staring into the starry night, trying to clear your mind. The uncomfortable feeling seemed to get better when you were alone. "Haizzzz...." You let out a long sigh. "What is wrong with me?"

You continued to stay in a dazed mood, not noticing that you were not alone in the balcony.

 

"Why are you sighing away?" A voice spoke.

You whirled around to see who it was.