Lies

Wrong Confession To the Devil Twin

In the end, Kwangmin did not appear in the party again and Youngmin sent you home. "Don't think too much, ok?" Youngmin sighed when he saw your puffy eyes under the streetlights. "Everything will be fine one day, arasso?"

You nodded lightly with a sob. "Good night, Youngmin." 

"Nitez." He forced a smile and watched you as you entered the gates. You were walking like a zombie, so lifeless and dead. Youngmin bit his lips, feeling very regretful for not protecting you and Kwangmin. *It happened because of a mistake, but I know they were meant for each other... How could this have happened?*

He groaned and ruffled his blonde hair. "Just what can I do for them?"

 

When Youngmin returned home, he was surprised to see Kwangmin drinking a cup of water at the living room. *And I thought he will never leave his room again.*

 

"Kwangmin." He called out to his twin brother, who gave him a look. 

"What?" Kwangmin replied coldly. He could not help but feel angry at his hyung despite Youngmin had nothing to do with it. *Of all people, why must ~~~~ fall for Youngmin? It's just so irritating that we shared the same face.....*

 

"I want to talk to you about ~~~~. Yo-"

 

"If it's about her and me." Kwangmin interrupted. "Then leave it. We're over now." He turned away and started walking up the stairs. Youngmin stared at his back, bewildered by how careless his brother sounded. *I thought he loved her! How could he just give it up so easily?*

 

"Are you just going to let it be?!" Youngmin shouted at Kwangmin, who stopped at the steps. "Don't you even love her?" 

 

Kwangmin pressed his lips into a mocking smile. He mocked himself for being so stupid. "Used to. But not now." He answered without turning back. Slowly, he continued walking up the steps again.

 

Youngmin rolled his hand into a fist. He was feeling really angry and disappointed at how Kwangmin reacted to the situation. "Fine! Then if I am going to ask ~~~~~ out, you don't mind right?!" He yelled.

 

Kwangmin stopped. *Ask her out?* He felt his heart bleed as he imagined the scene when Youngmin and you holding hands, behaving like couples. However, his pride did not let his emotion shown on his face. "Suit yourself." He muttered and went back into his room.

 

Youngmin gaped at him. *Did he just say yes? What the heck?!* 

 

***

 

The next day of school, everyone were beginning to feel that Kwangmin and you had problems with each other. Every time you saw him, you would approach him, only to see him turn another direction.

 

*He's still avoiding me...* Your shoulders fell. Jieun who had heard about the incident, would give you comfort. But it was useless. Your heart was no longer in a piece. It shattered to a million pieces. Just when you thought it could not get worse, Kwangmin was avoiding you and Naeun was always beside him. It made your heart hurt so much that you could not stop crying everytime you thought about him.

 

One day, Youngmin came and find you. "~~~~~." He spoke with his usual smile. "Wanna be my girlfriend?"

 

Your eyes rounded. You gaped at him. "What?"

"Be my girlfriend and make Kwangmin jealous." He explained. "That rascal won't understand his feelings until he get jealous."

 

You shook your head with a bitter smile. "No, thanks. I don't want to lie to him anymore."

Youngmin took out a hand and ruffled your hair. "You must have been in so much pain lately. I've never seen you smile anymore."

 

*Really?* You thought, realising that the last time you truely smiled, was when you danced with Kwangmin in the party. You felt a stinging pain at your heart and your tears fell again.

Youngmin was caught off guard and panicked. "Waeyo? Why did you cry? Don't cry." He tried to wipe off your tears but the tears just kept on falling.

 

Youngmin did not know what to do, so he pulled you to his embrace and patted your back. "Don't cry...." He hushed. You let yourself leaned on his chest for a while. It seemed to calm you down so you stayed there until your crying stopped.

 

However, both of you never noticed that at the other end of corridor, Kwangmin was staring at both of you. He clutched his fist when he saw Youngmin comforting you with a hug. He turned around to walk another direction. *Keurae.... Isn't this what you wanted, idiot? Why are you now feeling so pained now?* He mentally scolded himself as he stomped away. 

 

Naeun who had been standing beside him, smirked. *Now this is my chance...* She ran after Kwangmin.

 

"Kwangmin!" She called out to him when they were at a place with lesser students around. Kwangmin stopped and looked at her.

Naeun looked up at him shyly. "I-I like you." She confessed.

 

Kwangmin furrowed his eyebrows at her sudden confession. "I'm sorry, Naeun. But I only liked one girl." He answered with a bitter smile. *Idiot me, why can't I just be more true to myself in front of ~~~~~?*

 

Naeun bit down to her lips. "G-Gwaenchana." She forced a smile, however, inside her, she was trembling with hate. *HOW COME IT'S STILL HER?! WHY EVERYONE LIKES HER?!*