Jealous

Wrong Confession To the Devil Twin

Ever since you got to know Naeun, she began spending a lot of time around you and the Jo twins. Although you did not mind it at first, but you started to feel a bit uncomfortable. Especially how Kwangmin slowly opened up to her. It was the first time you see him smiling at another female other than you.

 

It was a sunny day and you were having lunch with Kwangmin at the roof top as usual. You loved this place because it only belonged to you and Kwangmin alone. What made it special was that you made lunchbox for both of you today. Kwangmin devoured the food like a hungry beast. You stared at him with a smile on your face. Just looking at Kwangmin alone made you full already.

 

"You are beginning to get better at this." He complimented while eating.

You took a look at his lunchbox which was about to be empty. "Do you want more? I can give you some."

 

He shook his head. "Gwaenchana, you should eat more. You look so thin."

Your heart warmed up immediately. "Mmm." You obediently stuffed a kimbap into your mouth.

 

Suddenly, you heard a click at the door to the rooftop. Both of you turned back to see Naeun with an apologetic face. "Mian... I'm not interrupting your date... am I?" She asked carefully.

 

You smiled and shook your head. "Why are you here, Naeun-ssi?"

 

Naeun eyed at Kwangmin. "I came to look for Kwangmin."

Kwangmin cleaned his mouth with the napkin and looked up when he heard his name. "Me?" 

*Kwangmin?* You frowned. *Why is she looking for Kwangmin?*

 

"Kwangmin." Naeun pulled out a CD album from behind her back. "Youngmin said you were looking for this rock band's DVD and I happened to have it. Do you want to see it?" She smiled.

 

Kwangmin's eyes widened at the album cover. "It's the limited edition of Coldplay's concert DVD!" 

You frowned at the unfamiliar name. "Coldplay? Who is this band?"

 

Naeun gaped at you. "You mean you did not know about them? They were a well-known British band with many great hits! Do you know the song 'Yellow'?"

 

You shook your head.

"Wow... How did you get this DVD? It was sold out already!" Kwangmin gasped and admired the tracklist of the album.

"I happened to be a fan of them as well. My uncle got it for me." Naeun grinned. "You can have it if you like it."

 

"Really?" Kwangmin's eyes widened. "How much is it? I can pay you." He dug for his wallet.

"Gwaenchana." Naeun stopped him. "Take it as a gift from me then. We are both fans of Coldplay, right?"

 

"Kamsahamnida, Naeun-ssi." Kwangmin finally smiled at her. 

 

You observed both of them from the side, feeling outcasted from their topic all of a sudden. A sour feeling overwhelmed you. You pulled your gaze away and started to stuff the kimbap into your mouth, not realising how hard and cold it became.

 

***

For the following few days, you realised that Kwangmin always had Naeun by his side in school. During reccess, lunch break and even after school. It was starting to make you uncomfortable and unhappy.

 

One day after school, you were surprised to find Kwangmin walking towards you with Naeun beside him again. Kwangmin had said that he will be walking home with you alone today, so you were not expecting her. "~~~~." Kwangmin beamed and took your hand. "Let's go home now. Naeun will be joining us today."

 

"Hello ~~~~." Naeun smiled. "Sorry to disturb both of you again. Kwangmin invited me to his house to look at his Coldplay collections." She explained with an excited face.

 

You looked at both of them and felt as if something stuffed into your throat. *Kwangmin invited her to his house? It was the first time he invited another girl...* You could not help but felt jealous.

"Let's go now." Naeun pulled your other arm like a close friend and making you and Kwangmin's entwined hands broke off accidentally. You bit your lips, resisting the uneasy feeling inside you.

 

"Wait." You stopped and turned around to face both of them. Kwangmn looked at you in concern. "Waeyo?"

You avoided his gaze, knowing that you were childish to throw a tantrum at such a small issue. But you just could not help it. *It wasn't her fault... But I just can't... I don't want to watch them like this...* You inhaled deeply, feeling your heart getting wrenched by some invisible hands. "I-I forgot that I promised to accompany Jieun to go shopping today. You guys can leave first." You lied.

 

"Jinjja?" Kwangmin stared at your face for a while. You nodded your head. "Yes."

 

"Araso..." Kwangmin let out a sigh. "Then I shall go with Naeun then. Be careful on your way home, araso. Call me when you reach home." He reminded.

 

"Mm." You pulled a smile. "Have fun. Bye."

 

Unwillingly, you watched both of them left the school together side by side. It pained your heart, yet, you rather hide this side of you from Kwangmin.

 

When both of them finally disappeared, you turned back into the school. All of a sudden, you regretted letting them leave alone together. *What am I doing?* You thought bitterly, not understanding why you are acting like this. It was your first time getting jealous over something so trival yet your heart felt like breaking over the sight of them together. A silent tear escaped from the corner of your eyes. 

 

"~~~~~?" A voice called all of a sudden. You turned around to see Youngmin smiling at you. You quickly whipped your head at the other side to wipe your face with the back of your hand. 

Youngmin's smile fell when he noticed your tears. He let out a gasp and rushed towards you. "What happened?"