Trust

Wrong Confession To the Devil Twin

Next day, Kwangmin went to your house gates and waited for you. Your eyes widened in surprise when you saw him outside. "K-Kwangmin? Why are you waiting here so early?"

Kwangmin smiled. "I want to walk you to school today." He held out his hand and took yours. Your lips curled into a sweet smile. "You shouldn't have travelled here just to walk me to school. You should have slept more." 

Kwangmin ruffled your hair with adoration written in his face. "Babo ya, I realised we don't have much time to spend together alone in school." He sighed. "I missed being only with you alone."

Your smile widened at his words. *Me too, Kwangmin...* You thought.

Slowly, both of you paced down the road, earning envious glances from passerbys. Kwangmin stole a glance at you, you caught him looking and giggled. "Waeyo?"

 

"Just wondering." He smirked. "How come my girlfriend is so pretty and how come I'm so lucky to be her first boyfriend."

Your face grew pink at his compliment. "Hajima... Why are you so cheesy all of a sudden?" You smiled widely. It was weird for Kwangmin to be so greasy.

 

Finally, he stopped and turned towards you. His gaze turned serious all of a sudden. "~~~~~."

You looked up and blinked, wondering what he would say.

 

"Youngmin told me about it already." Kwangmin rubbed the back of his neck. He did not know how to explain things to you. "I did not know that my actions would make you misunderstand about me and Naeun. Mianhaeyo. Please trust me. There is absolutely nothing between me and her. We were just friends."

 

"I..." You stared down at the ground, resisting the urge to cry in front of Kwangmin. Your heart felt so relieved and all your emotions just rushed out like a flood. You leaned against his chest and hugged him tight.

Kwangmin blinked in surprise. You had never taken any initiative to hug him before. Slowly, he wrapped his arms around you. His lips curled up into a soft smile. "If you really don't like me being friends with Naeun, then I'll not talk to her again, ok?" He asked.

 

You shook your head. "Don't. I don't want you to do this just for me. It'll make me feel bad." You mumbled in his embrace.

"Araso." He nodded, knowing what he should do now. "But you must trust me. Ok?" 

 

"No matter what, I'll trust you." You gave him your promise.

 

***

 

Once both of you stepped into the school, you felt something went wrong. Everyone were throwing glances at you and started mumbling. Even Kwangmin noticed it too. "Did you know what is happening? Why is everyone looking at you?" He asked in concern.

You shook your head, as oblivious as he was.

 

Naeun ran towards your direction. "Ottoke?! ~~~~~, there are photos of you on the noticeboard!" She exclaimed.

You froze. "Photos? What photos?"

"Just follow me." She said and started running towards the direction of a huge crowd. You and Kwangmin sqeezed your way through. All the students there gave you a disgusted look. Instantly, you felt that something really bad must have happened. When you reached the board, you saw Jieun pulling down the photos, mumbling curses. "Who is that pabo who pasted this photos here and spread fictitious rumours?! IDIOTS!" She tore down another one.

"Jieun?" You called.

 

Jieun turned back. Her eyes widened when she saw you. "~~~~~!"

"What are you tearing down?" You took a look at the board. Your face went pale.

 

The board was filled with photos of you and Youngmin chatting on the rooftop, alone. There was a few photos when his hand was on your shoulders and you were smiling at him. A big title was pasted on top of the notice board - ~~~~~ is a .

Mumbling voices gradually get louder.

"SHUT UP! YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! ~~~~~ is not a person like that!" Jieun snapped at the crowd. She placed a hand on your shoulders. "Don't listen to them. Someone just want to get you down and malign you."

 

"I...." You started sobbing uncontrollably. 

"I believe in ~~~~~." Kwangmin shouted all of a sudden. "She and Youngmin were just good friends."

 

Youngmin who rushed over after hearing the rumours, arrived at the scene. All the gossipping voices stopped, Everyone was anticipating for the drama that will be happening. Youngmin came towards the board. His eyes furrowed at the photos. He spun around and glared at everyone. "Who is the one who did this?" He asked sternly.

 

Everyone looked at each other. No one came out to confess. Youngmin inhaled a deep breath. "I don't care what is the motive behind this person to create rumours like that. But ~~~~ and I are just friends. We were just chatting that day, nothing more. So this rumour is not true at all. In fact, if I was to hear anyone bring up this matter again. I'll personally deal with the person myself." He threatened.

 

Everyone shuddered. It was the first time Youngmin became like this. He was usually bubbly and friendly. But when he was serious, he looked really scary. Moreover, he had all the teachers' and principal's support behind his back. He was not a good person to mess with.

"Please go back to your own classes now. Lesson's about to start." Youngmin reminded and everyone scurried off obediently. In no time, only the 4 of you stayed. 

 

Jieun gawked at Youngmin with respect. "You are sooo cool!" She did a thumbs up. "Thank you for explaining things for ~~~~~. I was so afraid no one will believe her."

 

Youngmin smiled at bright-eyed girl in front of him. "I was at fault too. So you don't need to thank me for that."

You stole a look at Kwangmin. He patted your head. "Don't worry. I'm not angry at all." He comforted.

 

You finally smiled. "Gomawoyo."

 

However, little did you noticed a pair of glaring eyes stared your way. Naeun clutched her fist and gritted her teeth. Her eyes were focused on how happy you and the Jo twins were. *I could not believe it. I took so much effort to get these photos from someone I know, and it has no effect at all?! Andwae, I need to do something more than just this.*