One's Happy, One's Not

Wrong Confession To the Devil Twin

After sending you home, Kwangmin cycled back home. Once he entered the house, he was immediately greeted by the servants. "Welcome back, Young Master Kwangmin." The butler bowed. Kwangmin took out the chocolate box and threw his schoolbag on the floor. "Where's hyung?"

 

"He's studying in the study room. Do you want to take a bath now, Young Master?"

Kwangmin shook his head. "I'll go find hyung now." He ran up the stairs, excited to share the story in school with his hyung. When he reached the study room, he knocked on the door. "Hyung."

 

Youngmin looked up from books and smiled. "Hey, Kwangmin. You're back." 

Kwangmin nodded. "And I have something to tell you." He went to sit on the couch in the middle of the room.

 

Youngmin frowned and took down his spectacle. He stared at his twin brother and sighed. "Don't tell me you got into a fight today...You know th-"

 

"Anniya. I've got a confession from a girl today!" Kwangmin blurted out with an arrogant smile. "I knew I was also popular in school." He flashed the pink chocolate box in front of his hyung. "See, you're not the only one who is receiving chocolates on Valentine's day."

 

Youngmin gasped in surprise. "Jinjja?! Someone actually had the guts to confess to you?!"

"Yah! Wanna die?" Kwangmin threw him a deadly glare.

 

Youngmin let out a chuckle. "Araso, then who is this lucky girl? Is she pretty?"

 

"She's really cute and shy." Kwangmin said as he thought about you. "Her name's ~~~~~ from Class 2D."

"~~~~~?" Youngmin mumbled. "Sounds familiar." Just then, he recalled a cute girl who has a soft voice and blushes easily. His eyes widened and stared at Kwangmin, amazed. "You mean ~~~~ really confessed to you?! I remembered she was a really shy girl. How would she have the courage to confess to you?!"

 

Kwangmin smirked. "She gave me this." He showed him the card you made. Youngmin took it over and read it. "Whoa, not bad." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"She's my girlfriend now." Kwangmin boasted. "Oh, I forgot to SMS her to see if she had reached home safely." And after ending his sentence, Kwangmin scurried off.

 

Youngmin shook his head as he watched him ran off. Kwangmin was actually a really cute dongsaeng, but ever since their mother passed away, he always put on a false front to scare people off. He became rebellious, and only would show his true self when he is with his family and loved ones. It hurts him to see his closest twin to act like this. Youngmin slumped back into his chair and stared the the ceiling. *I hope his new girlfriend could heal his heart.*

 

***

 

You were lying on your bed and reading a book when your phone vibrated. You took your phone and glanced at the screen. 

 

From: Kwangmin

Have you reached home safely? What are you doing now?

 

You felt your heart stopped for a second. *Kwangmin sent me a message?! What should I reply?* You stared at your phone blankly.

 

 

Meanwhile, Kwangmin was looking at his phone screen, awaiting for your reply. Just when he thought you were asleep already, his phone vibrated. He immediately shot up and grabbed his phone. He looked at the message with an excited face.

 

From: ~~~~~

Yes, I have reached home safely. Thank you for the ride today. I've just finished reading a book and I'm going to bed soon.

 

Kwangmin grinned. He quickly sent a reply back to you. He was contemplating if he should add a few emoticons in the message to show how happy he was, but realised it was too childish, so he decided to just send a normal message.

 

To: ~~~~~

Araso, have a good night. 

 

 

You blinked at the fast reply. It was beginning to make you feel burdened. *Is he waiting for my reply? He wasn't.... right?* With shaking hand, you typed a message.

 

To: Kwangmin

You too. Good night.

 

 

Kwangmin let out a soft giggle when he read your message. He felt for the first time, a girl (other than his umma) was showing concern for him and it made him really happy. "Sweet dreams, ~~~~" He put his phone back onto the table and went to bed with a smile.